Raiola thinking about turning the other cheek

Dominic Raiola, Rob Sims AP

If it works, you can call it a “once in a blue moon” occurrence.

Lions center Dominic Raiola has been in the NFL 13 years, and he’s never enjoyed a win at Lambeau Field. And after so long, he’s grown a little weary of one of the Green Bay traditions — fans mooning opposing buses on their way out — and is thinking about a little payback.

“Going there — I go before the buses go there — maybe I should go moon somebody this week on the way there in the car that we take early,” Raiola said, via Carlos Monarrez of the Detroit Free Press.

“Well, usually you’re [ticked] off when you leave there because you don’t win.  ‘Let me out of this [bleeping] bus.’ Yeah, you get mooned. It’s like, ‘Get me the [expletive] out of this bus so I can go put my hands on somebody.’ ”

That last part was a joke — lest anyone think the Lions to be “thugs.”

But you have to wonder if Raiola will celebrate Randy Moss-style if the Lions can break a streak that’s been going since 1992.

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Home, Rumor Mill
19 Responses to “Raiola thinking about turning the other cheek”
  1. thekiy says: Oct 3, 2013 2:17 PM

Dom has seen a lot of losses in Lambeau. It would be nice to win one for him and I can’t imagine he has too many seasons left.

I don’t think Backus ever won there in his whole career.

2. mrlaloosh says: Oct 3, 2013 2:22 PM

I think Ryan Braun started that mooning thing when Rodgers passed by in Green Bay. Or was it the other way around.

3. swaggyy says: Oct 3, 2013 2:28 PM

Dude retire already

4. golforepar says: Oct 3, 2013 2:33 PM

Last time the Lions won in GB? It was BEFORE Favre!!

5. barnesaintnoble says: Oct 3, 2013 2:43 PM

I think the Lions finally win

6. tangysizzl says: Oct 3, 2013 3:04 PM

The Lions look like a different team than I have seen in the last 20 years. With Bush CJ and that beast like D line their odds are better than ever to finally win in GB.

If Clay Matthews is unable to play they just might.

7. hyzers says: Oct 3, 2013 3:17 PM

This will be the Lions toughest game yet. In Lambeau with the Packers coming off their bye. Looking for a hard fought, injury free game. Go Lions.

8. granadafan says: Oct 3, 2013 3:46 PM

What a ridiculous “tradition”. Yeah, there’s nothing like a bunch grown men dropping trouser and mooning other teams. Civilized people stopped doing this after junior high school or maybe in college.

9. countyk66ers says: Oct 3, 2013 3:55 PM

Mooning may happen on the streets when the bus is going to the airport butt I have never seen it happen at Lambeau.

10. teal379 says: Oct 3, 2013 4:14 PM

Lived here my whole life, fairly close to Lambeau as well.

Never talked to a single person that’s ever mooned the bus. Never been mentioned as “something to do” by anyone I’ve ever met either.

It’s never mentioned on the news or in the papers.

In fact, the only place I’ve ever heard it is on PFT and by opposing teams whose opinion I hold suspect anyway.

Not saying it doesn’t happen but I don’t for a second believe it’s something that’s common place or a “tradition”.

11. athwartships says: Oct 3, 2013 4:23 PM

Wait a second….The only part about this story I can’t shake is….adults mooning buses of opposing teams?

Seriously GB?

Stay classy cheeseheads.

12. golforepar says: Oct 3, 2013 4:56 PM

Been a season ticket holder for decades. NEVER have I saw or heard of mooning before. It’s just a lame attempt to try to rip on the loyal fans. The Lions have to since the only thing they do on the field…….is lose!!

13. warhammer420 says: Oct 3, 2013 5:18 PM

I would not expose my hind quarters to a Packer.

14. noeffinway says: Oct 3, 2013 5:52 PM

golforepar says: Oct 3, 2013 4:56 PM

—————

Seriously? You have never heard of this? Look past the cheese, man. It happens. It has been documented elsewhere – there have been many accounts of this juvenile illegal tradition.

15. teamnorsecore says: Oct 3, 2013 6:09 PM

Moss just faked it….if Dom did it for real, can you imagine the reaction he would get from Joe Buck? Dude would probably collapse and have a seizure from the anger!

16. filthymcnasty1 says: Oct 3, 2013 7:41 PM

The Lions are not hapless and tasteless like the other members of the NFC North. I’m expecting the great Green Bay Packers to be severely tested in this one.

17. mattjay0101 says: Oct 4, 2013 6:50 AM

#51 Raiola is the Lions resident toolbox.

Please retire.

18. Canned Heat says: Oct 4, 2013 4:16 PM

teal379 says: Oct 3, 2013 4:14 PM

Lived here my whole life, fairly close to Lambeau as well.

It’s never mentioned on the news or in the papers.

________________________________

My family has had season tix for 40 years in GB…I am at a handful of games a year and I park at Mr. Larry Vanness’s house on Park Ridge Road, a block and a half from Lambeau on the south side where the team busses are. I’ve never once seen this in all of my 45 years. Randy Moss made some crap up a decade or so ago after he got caught in a tight spot and the idiots are still buying at the window.

19. rockbottom37 says: Oct 4, 2013 5:27 PM

It seems like the league won’t let the Lions win this game with their calls every year