Dennis Dixon to work out for Bills

Dennis Dixon AP

On a day in which the NFL will be playing the bulk of its Week Five games, the Bills will be auditioning another quarterback as they look ahead to Week Six.

The Bills are slated to work out Dennis Dixon on Sunday, per multiple reports.

Bills starting quarterback E.J. Manuel suffered a knee sprain in Thursday’s loss at Cleveland, leaving rookie Jeff Tuel as the only healthy quarterback on Buffalo’s roster for the time being.

Dixon, 28, played with the Eagles in the preseason, completing 10-of-16 passes for 61 yards. He has made three regular-season starts, all with the Steelers, for whom he played for 2008 through 2011. Part of Dixon’s tenure with the Steelers overlapped with Bills G.M. Doug Whaley’s time as a Steelers evaluator.

The Bills’ next game is against Cincinnati on Sunday, October 13.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill
6 Responses to “Dennis Dixon to work out for Bills”
  1. jwhitejagsquad says: Oct 5, 2013 10:25 PM

Hope they actually sign him & he starts. Loved watching him at Oregon & fits the dual threat mold teams are looking for. Other than coming out for draft to early & a bad injury, wondered why he hasn’t had more of a chance yet, even had a few starts under his belt.

2. bettis3636 says: Oct 5, 2013 10:48 PM

WHY do people get excited whenever you bring up Dixon’s name… he has done nothing in the NFL.. there is a reason he isnt on a NFL team roster…!! I watched him his years in Pittsburgh… all kinds of hype… and never delivered. Just threw dirt balls and ALWAYSSSSS injured!

3. corkspop says: Oct 5, 2013 11:01 PM

First Pat White. Now this????? Someone better be kidding!

4. whojustme says: Oct 6, 2013 7:29 AM

I have a strong knowledge of this guy and he works his tail off and helps the team any way he can. I am sure any coach he played with will tell you he made the team better even if he never stepped on the field. The Bills beat my Ravens but I really hope he gets this shot.

5. brkyle89 says: Oct 6, 2013 9:27 AM

What about Tim Tebow? You cannot tell me that all these guys getting looks are better than him. Chad Orton and Brady Quinn were not. You can talk about how terrible Tebow is, his footwork, his accuracy, but the guy won games. I know what I saw.

6. hvoigt21 says: Oct 6, 2013 10:00 AM

Hope that Buffalo doesn’t lose it’s quarterback for the year. They are beginning to get some momentum as the season goes on.