Jets waive Ricky Sapp, Ryan Spadola, sign Michael Campbell

Michael+Campbell+New+York+Jets+v+New+York+ZfHLRVrF1IUl Getty Images

The Jets promoted wide receiver Michael Campbell from the practice squad on Saturday, according to the NFL’s official transactions.

A first-year pro from Temple, Campbell has spent the regular season on the Jets’ practice squad. The Jets signed him to the practice squad on Sept. 1, one day after waiving him.

Campbell, 24, caught seven passes for 99 yards in the preseason for New York.

In other roster moves Saturday, the Jets waived linebacker Ricky Sapp and wide receiver Ryan Spadola. The club has also added running back Mike Goodson to the roster, the Jets said. Goodson had served an NFL suspension for the first four regular-season games.

Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Jets, Rumor Mill
9 Responses to “Jets waive Ricky Sapp, Ryan Spadola, sign Michael Campbell”
  1. rcali says: Oct 5, 2013 8:14 PM

Championship!

2. bubbybrister/shovelpass says: Oct 5, 2013 8:22 PM

Surprised by this. I liked Spadola. I’m sure they will be added back to the PS.

3. barrywhererufrom says: Oct 5, 2013 8:25 PM

Hope spadola catches on with someone..goodsen is anything but bad

4. bleedrangerblue says: Oct 5, 2013 8:30 PM

Wonder why Spadola was not given a chance with the thin receiving corps the Jets have.

5. dmg1025 says: Oct 5, 2013 9:11 PM

I also wonder why Spadola wasn’t given a chance to prove himself. I hope someone else picks him up because I really don’t want to see him on the PS. They don’t deserve him! He should have as least had a chance Monday night and then if he did poorly, I could understand the move. Very disgusted! He’s a great guy and comes from a great family. Pulling for you Ryan!

6. kbear1013 says: Oct 5, 2013 10:27 PM

Shouldve given spadola a chance. He proved he was more reliable than campbell during the preseason. Was really pulling for him to breakout in this game. Ive liked a lot of the moves the team has made this year, but this one stands out as kind of being a really piss-poor decision, especially 2 days before a monday night game.

7. urmomsmyho says: Oct 6, 2013 1:49 AM

I was excited for Spadola after the preseason too. But in limited playing time the guy has dropped two passes and has not really gotten much separation. NE will probably pick him up and make him a star tho!! Lol

8. namaths5thofwhiskey says: Oct 6, 2013 1:59 AM

Yet Clyde Gates remains. You gotta be kidding me.

9. pattenp2013 says: Oct 6, 2013 7:33 AM

I doubt he makes it to the PS!! He was thrown one pass that he dropped. Not given much of a chance. Played great in preseason with Matt Simms as QB. I hope he gets an opportunity anywhere but New England. If Geno starts to turn the ball over Monday night, pull him and replace with Simms!!!