Josh Freeman to sign with Vikings

Tampa Bay Buccaneers v New Orleans Saints Getty Images

Josh Freeman has his new home.

Freeman will sign with the Vikings, as PFT’s Mike Florio first reported on NBC’s Sunday Night Football post-game show.

In Minnesota, Freeman will join a quarterback depth chart that includes Christian Ponder, who opened the season as the starter, and Matt Cassel, who led the team to its first win of the season when he filled in for the injured Ponder last week.

Early on, it’s hard to see Freeman being ready to jump in and play. So he won’t be providing an immediate upgrade to their offense. But the Vikings at least see enough potential in Freeman that they want to take a look at him this season, and it’s possible that we could see him leapfrog Cassel and Ponder on the depth chart later in the year.

After showing promise early in his career, Freeman crashed and burned in his last few weeks in Tampa Bay. Now he’ll get an opportunity to make a fresh start in Minnesota.

Permalink 125 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
125 Responses to “Josh Freeman to sign with Vikings”
  1. 6kings says: Oct 6, 2013 11:37 PM

Good luck with that.

2. logicalvoiceseys says: Oct 6, 2013 11:37 PM

Texans could have used this guy.

3. chuckie201 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:38 PM

are you kidding? freeman is an immediate upgrade over cassel and ponder.

4. mobuccsfan says: Oct 6, 2013 11:39 PM

Good luck Vikings. Guess we will see how this plays out.

5. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: Oct 6, 2013 11:39 PM

It better not be a long-term contract. I’m happy to take him out for a spin this season but I don’t want to make a commitment unless he shows that he has a chance to really work out. I doubt that will be the case. I guess this is the end of the Christian Ponder Era.

6. pariseinminnesotabichez says: Oct 6, 2013 11:39 PM

Yeah buddy

7. wilson1914 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:41 PM

Bucs Fan here and i must say I’m happy to see Josh get a second chance and I can see him leading the Vikings to the playoffs and Schiano getting the shaft after this underachieving Buccaneer squad finishes 3-13 (which we probably would’ve been rather josh stayed or not)

8. branbeezy says: Oct 6, 2013 11:41 PM

Goodbye Christian Ponder, you are now labeled as a bust.

9. harrycanyon says: Oct 6, 2013 11:41 PM

Throwing a 3rd QB into that mix doesn’t really help any of them. Can’t excel when you are always looking over your shoulder. Best move would be release one of those QBs as they bring Freeman in. They are no worse off without one of them. Less clutter.

10. guitarfreak21 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:41 PM

Bust for Bridgewater is on full tilt… >.<

11. ctattles says: Oct 6, 2013 11:42 PM

The Ponder era is over. Boom Booooom. Lemme hear ya say “way oh”

WAY OHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

12. ndvikingfan says: Oct 6, 2013 11:42 PM

anything but ponder. Hope this helps.

13. swaggyy says: Oct 6, 2013 11:42 PM

Just put AP at QB

14. jimthebuilder27 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:42 PM

LOL too funny…

15. jasonatomic says: Oct 6, 2013 11:43 PM

Collecting the 2012 season’s worst quarterbacks is a guaranteed recipe for success.

16. sleepsoncouches says: Oct 6, 2013 11:43 PM

I have one word for this move: meh.

17. davikes says: Oct 6, 2013 11:43 PM

And now we will have three mediocre quarterbacks.

18. blacknole08 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:43 PM

Good for Freeman. He is easily the best QB on that roster right now.

As much as I support Ponder being a Nole fan, he is probably done in Minny.

19. schke says: Oct 6, 2013 11:43 PM

….And here we go…..

20. stevent92 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:43 PM

Wow, just wow. I hope Spielman knows what he’s getting here.

21. gayvenator says: Oct 6, 2013 11:43 PM

They should just cut Ponder. Whats his contract situation?

22. dumptrucked says: Oct 6, 2013 11:44 PM

no! What is Spielman doing?! He is no major upgrade over cassel, and even if he was I wouldn’t want to win May games because we need a real shot at a real franchise qb in the draft. This guy is not our future, what is the reasoning?

23. duluthvikesfan says: Oct 6, 2013 11:44 PM

Well this should be interesting…..

24. herephishyphishy says: Oct 6, 2013 11:45 PM

The guy at the beach every morning with the medal detector, convinced today will be the day he finds buried treasure even thinks this constant trash rooting QB retread game is delusional.

25. thesmartest1 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:45 PM

Wow now they have 3 QB’s of near identical abilities.

26. jeremy40911 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:45 PM

Matt Cassel to Cleveland, heard it here first!

27. dumptrucked says: Oct 6, 2013 11:46 PM

Oh my god, I just hate being a Viking fan.

28. mshawn75 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:46 PM

As all fans in Buffalo and Oakland give a sigh of relief.

29. gumbogumbo says: Oct 6, 2013 11:46 PM

Bucs to Vikes the guy is out to sea

30. vikingsftw says: Oct 6, 2013 11:46 PM

Monday the Viking are reported they will trade for Matt Schaub so they can then have 5 mediocre quarterbacks on the roster and complete the quinfecta.

31. tdiesel651 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:46 PM

Vikings signing Freeman is like putting a finger in a dike.

32. vikingworldorder says: Oct 6, 2013 11:46 PM

WHAT?! The Vikings are such a sh*t show this year with the QB situation so we decide to add this guy to the mix? The incompetence in the Minnesota front office rises every week.

33. jazz11001 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:46 PM

Superbowl Homeboy!!!!

34. billbrasky72 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:47 PM

’bout time.

35. booty2juiced says: Oct 6, 2013 11:47 PM

If Freeman goes to the Vikings a couple years ago, all the fans wouldve been ecstatic. Not as much now.

36. blowpackblow says: Oct 6, 2013 11:48 PM

Haha! MN is the final resting ground for washed up nfl quarterbacks.

37. slizzyslizz says: Oct 6, 2013 11:48 PM

I think Freeman is a guy who needs a “players coach” in order to succeed. With Raheem Morris, he was dubbed the next great qb and has regressed terribly under Schiano.

Wonder if Frazier is that type of guy.

38. billbrasky72 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:48 PM

This also breaking: The Vikings are willing to trade Ponder for a bag of Funions.

39. tweener702 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:48 PM

he heard about the boat parties

40. shaggytoodle says: Oct 6, 2013 11:49 PM

I don’t see any of those guys starting for them two years from now. Probably not even next season.

41. viking28 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:49 PM

Put CP7 and his rubber and arm on IR

42. avwj says: Oct 6, 2013 11:50 PM

dumb move

43. NotoriousKDV says: Oct 6, 2013 11:50 PM

Should have waited a little longer. He may have gotten a better offer from the Texans.

44. onebucplace says: Oct 6, 2013 11:50 PM

Best of luck Freeman, I know you will go on to have a long and productive career – more than what I can say for Schiano who will hopefully be fired after his next home loss against the Eagles.

45. allday28mvpmvp says: Oct 6, 2013 11:51 PM

its a wrap for Ponder

46. mantastic54 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:51 PM

Wow nfln just said they’re paying him 3 million, so he’s going to be making 9 million between Tampa and Minnesota

47. justinsdailypay says: Oct 6, 2013 11:51 PM

YES! I think Josh is a great QB that was beat up by his coaches recently. This kind of guy might just need a fresh start.

I will say one thing. This shows BIG TIME that the Vikes are done with Ponder. I am curious about the one year deal though….

48. thekiller678 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:51 PM

Freeman had a really good year in 2010 and an o.k. year last year. With a fresh start he has to be better than Ponder. Or Cassel for that matter

49. filthymcnasty1 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:52 PM

Their rich history of developing QB’s obviously appealed to this very bright young man.

Or, he looked at the complete junk on their roster and thought he had a chance to start for another losing team.

50. redbullenergydrink says: Oct 6, 2013 11:52 PM

As a Vikings fan, I don’t really know if I should feel good or bad about the signing. At the very least, it’ll show Ponder and Cassell they can be replaced if deemed necessary.

51. msmith954 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:52 PM

Well, it’s clear that Capt. Noodle-arm is done. Cassell will start the next couple of games, then hand the reins over to Freeman.

52. jeter325 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:53 PM

Although they still won’t come out and say it,,,this action clearly indicates that they realize Ponder is not the answer….I was all for being patient with Ponder but he is just not improving…this is a good move,,,only cost is money….

53. vikesindividual says: Oct 6, 2013 11:53 PM

most of you are such idiots. it’s astounding. it’s a 1 year deal. WHAT IS THE HARM?!!! WHERE IS THE RISK?!!!

there is none. there was ALREADY a QB controversy, because Cassel is more talented than Ponder. so you’re not adding a controversy.

you’re adding a guy who could POSSIBLY work out. if not, it’s a 1 year deal. no big money. no risk. no more drama than what already exists.

how is that hard to comprehend?

54. bigred12 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:53 PM

Curious about the contract details, but certainly can’t blame the Vikings for taking a shot. Freeman has some raw natural talent and I’m not sure the same could be said for either Ponder or Cassel.

55. onebucplace says: Oct 6, 2013 11:54 PM

Amazing the idiots in here that have never seen Freeman play talking smack. Again, last year – in a “bad” year the guy threw for over 4,000 yards with 27 TDs and 17 INTs. Again, people say that was a BAD year. Freeman is quality QB who was coached by some of the biggest idiots in the business. I don’t know the Vikings staff but I have to assume they’re in a different class than Schiano.

The people talking smack about Schiano aren’t the people that have watched him, it’s the idiots that believe all the stuff leaking out from the Bucs management who wanted Freeman to lash out so they’d have an excuse not to pay him.

56. miketoddryan says: Oct 6, 2013 11:54 PM

25 and washed up… Interesting.

57. brotzelj says: Oct 6, 2013 11:54 PM

Implosion inbound…. Why!

58. esracerx46 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:55 PM

Mmmmmm funions….

59. kronee28 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:55 PM

Goodbye Christian Ponder, Good riddance!

60. skolvikesskol says: Oct 6, 2013 11:56 PM

I have been a 20 yr season ticket holder and a lifelong fan. No more! I am done with this team. This is the stupidest signing ever. I have supported this coach, gm and owner since day 1. Even thru mcnabb and ponder. No more. I am done. U suck vikings! I will not come back until the house is cleaned out top to bottom. I am done with this joke of a franchise.

61. allday2k says: Oct 6, 2013 11:56 PM

I hope this doesn’t mean the Vikes are cutting McLeod Bethel-Thompson. He showed some promise in the preseason and would be at least a solid backup once he develops.

As a Viking fan, I’m unsure of how I feel about this signing. I think he will be an upgrade over Ponder, but until Musgrave is fired I don’t see any QB being successful for the Vikes. His playcalling was better against Pittsburgh but I think that is only because he is digging deep into his playbook to save his job.

Who knows, maybe he will be a good game manager for us, but I would like to see Cassel start the next couple weeks to see if he can keep up his level of play while Freeman learns the playbook.

I definitely see why Josh would want to sign with the Vikes though. Who wouldn’t want to QB with a RB like AD? Watching Ponder stink it up makes me wish I never threw my arm out when I injured my shoulder playing QB.

62. f1restarter says: Oct 6, 2013 11:57 PM

With his extensive background in poor QB play and bad leadership, Freeman will fit in perfectly in Minnesota.

63. 84sgl says: Oct 6, 2013 11:59 PM

I guess this makes the most sense. He’s going into a situation where he may be given a couple weeks to learn the system before he gets his shot. Minn. has no answer at QB so here’s his chance to earn a shot. Plus he gets to play indoors.

The Bills might have given him the best opportunity to start right now, but he knows he would probably suck having no time to adjust. Plus I think everyone is sold on Manual as their long term solution at QB. Also, do you think Freeman would volunteer to go from the NFC south to 3 AFC East Northeastern outdoor stadiums this winter? so with the Bills Freeman would then vy for a backup job or look for another team next season when even more qb’s (Schab, Sanchez) May be on the market. I’d also pass on Buffalo given these circumstances.

The Raiders could have been a nice landing spot, but Pryor has a little bit more upside than Freeman in the long run.

64. saintsredwings says: Oct 6, 2013 11:59 PM

I think Freeman will be pretty good for the Vikings. His down years all came under Schiano. A fresh start is what this kid needs.

65. coltzfan166 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:59 PM

Well I’d much rather play for Leslie Frazier than Greg Schiano, so I see this from Freeman’s perspective. But I can’t figure out the Vikings’ interest in Freeman. They seem committed to Ponder for now and have Matt Cassel whom is equally as good as Freeman (or better).

66. FlashPatterson says: Oct 6, 2013 11:59 PM

Ponder will be available for a 1st rd pick just putting it out there early so the Seahawks have time to think about it.

67. somatg3 says: Oct 7, 2013 12:00 AM

Freeman had 2 season of 27 TD’s and over 4,000 yards. Last season, we went to the playoffs with Ponder not even able to throw for 100 yards in 4 different games and AVERAGED less yards per pass attempt than Peterson did per rush attempt. We just need someone with an arm that can make people pay for putting 9 men in the box. Freeman can definitely do that.

68. thehuddleisondeathrow says: Oct 7, 2013 12:00 AM

Fire Schiano!

69. vikingprideforever says: Oct 7, 2013 12:00 AM

Ponder will be released soon. Cassel continues to start as long as they win. You get a cheap look at a young QB who has shown upside at times in his young career.

Great move by the front office

Superbowl Homeboy!

70. timegambit says: Oct 7, 2013 12:01 AM

Finally get a snail’s fart of momentum and we sign a new qb.

That should toss cold water on any of Cassel’s confidence.

71. pootytang66 says: Oct 7, 2013 12:02 AM

Well, it looks like he’ll be running for his life after every snap too! Have you seen the OL play this season???

72. sc49ers says: Oct 7, 2013 12:02 AM

A p needs help freeman is not the help

73. northstarnic says: Oct 7, 2013 12:02 AM

The silver lining here is that the coach, front office may finally be able/willing to see Ponder for what he is: career backup. If they were still convinced he was the team’s QB of the future they would not have done this.

74. ohnoflorio says: Oct 7, 2013 12:02 AM

I called that

75. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Oct 7, 2013 12:03 AM

Is he the starter?

76. fordmandalay says: Oct 7, 2013 12:04 AM

He’s just for emergencies for the Vikes – he only signed for the remainder of the year, and they probably just signed him to keep the Packers from getting him. So don’t feel too bad, Vikes fans.

77. gameover78 says: Oct 7, 2013 12:05 AM

Wow, lots of hate here. Schiano is a horrible coach and will not be in the NFL next year. Freeman is way better than Cassel or Ponder, give him a few games and you’ll see what happens. AP will finally not have to do it all on his own.

78. decimus83 says: Oct 7, 2013 12:05 AM

This is great! I am a fan of Freeman’s and thought he got the short end of the stick in TB; they did not appreciate what they had, forced him into an offense that is clearly not geared towards him, and made him look like a fool. He is a clear upgrade over Ponder and Cassel, and I hope he makes TB regret it one day. Great move, Vikings; great move!

Why all the hate, MIN fans?! He is going to be great, don’t worry about it.

79. labiator says: Oct 7, 2013 12:05 AM

Freeman is watching Terrelle Pryor on tv now and realizing he would have never seen the field in Oakland anyway.

80. barnesaintnoble says: Oct 7, 2013 12:05 AM

Freeman was good early on in TB, but didn’t look to good lately. Classic change of scenery move.

81. spyder9669 says: Oct 7, 2013 12:06 AM

Ask yourself 3 questions…

1. Is Christian Ponder the future of the Vikings..

2. Is Matt Cassel the future of the Vikings..

3. Does Josh Freeman have a better shot than both of them at being the future of the Vikings..

If you answered yes to the 3rd question..then it’s a good pickup.

We gave up no picks and minimal money to get somebody who will compete for our biggest need and I for one have no problem with that.

82. minnesotablizzard says: Oct 7, 2013 12:07 AM

Shades of Dante Culpepper. Perhaps Freeman can sling the ball downfield to guys like Patterson and Simspon.

83. fargovikesfan says: Oct 7, 2013 12:08 AM

billbrasky72 says: Oct 6, 2013 11:48 PM

————————————————-

i’d rather have the Funions

84. buccaboo says: Oct 7, 2013 12:08 AM

Good Luck Vikes! Hahahaha

85. nomoreseasontix says: Oct 7, 2013 12:08 AM

Thank God it’s not the Raiders.

86. akasaintsbaby says: Oct 7, 2013 12:11 AM

I called this the other day when someone wrote that only a stupid team would take him. Minnesota wasn’t even mentioned either, lol. Perfect fit.

87. blackandblue123 says: Oct 7, 2013 12:17 AM

This will go about as well as the Mcflabb signing. Wow what a joke!

88. brenenostler says: Oct 7, 2013 12:17 AM

Super Bowl

89. bordner says: Oct 7, 2013 12:20 AM

I think we all saw that one coming, didn’t we?

90. kgunchic says: Oct 7, 2013 12:20 AM

sounds like the money was more important than being a starter in Buffalo. Like Tyson Claybo, he used Buffalo as leverage. Well, let’s all remember what happened to Tyson. Best of luck to you Josh!

91. kalky21 says: Oct 7, 2013 12:21 AM

So is he starting or not?

92. earpaniac says: Oct 7, 2013 12:23 AM

I guess I’m in the minority. I think it makes sense for the Vikings.

93. chrisco716 says: Oct 7, 2013 12:25 AM

Huh?

94. nickbrezzy says: Oct 7, 2013 12:26 AM

He shoulda waited longer lol the Texas look like they need a new qb

95. bigben1513 says: Oct 7, 2013 12:26 AM

This signing is about trying to salvage a season and save jobs I like it though we have a rb who’s ran for over 2000 yards in a season and a qb who’s thrown for over 4000

96. n001363 says: Oct 7, 2013 12:28 AM

Wow! This is just weird!

97. allday420ap says: Oct 7, 2013 12:35 AM

very very interesting

98. mavix27 says: Oct 7, 2013 12:41 AM

There’s a new circus in the NFL…

99. bennyb82 says: Oct 7, 2013 12:53 AM

Trade will fall through only if Favre passes his physical.

100. wafflestomp says: Oct 7, 2013 1:07 AM

I honestly do not understand this move by Minnesota.
    I don’t even think Freeman has ever played for the Packers.

101. bigblu73 says: Oct 7, 2013 1:16 AM

People talk trash about Freeman as if he didn’t throw 27 TD’s last season!!! Also talk junk as if he doesn’t hold just about every major Bucaneer franchise record and only played there 5 Seasons!!! The kid is only 25 years old, 5 years younger than Weeden!!! Of course he will start again in the NFL. Like he’s not better than Cassel or Ponder??? Wake up, of course he’s much better than them. People forget he got drafted at 20 years old, if given the proper coaching he definitely can develop into a solid NFL QB. He actually got blessed, nobody is “buying” into Schiano’s way of doing things from what I can gather. He gets to trade D. Martin in for AP, still has a stout offensive line. Jennings, Simpson, Patterson to throw to. He could’ve definitely found a way less enticing place to be like Jax or Cleveland. Plus 3 Mill which means they plan on him playing not managing the clipboard.

102. teamnorsecore says: Oct 7, 2013 1:26 AM

slizzyslizz says:
    Oct 6, 2013 11:48 PM

Wonder if Frazier is that type of guy.
    …….
    This post nailed it. Why would Viking fans be upset? He is getting a 1 year deal…..if he comes in, gets his chance in a couple weeks and takes over this team….its a great move. If he stinks up the place, let him go in the offseason. He was an up and commer until Schiano showed up and ruined that team. I am optimistic about it……see what happens. Better than going back to seeing #7 throw 5 yard dumpoffs in the middle of the field, running the 2 minute offense. You can’t be a fan and root for losing and draft picks. You root for your favorite team to win…….every game, or you are not a fan.

103. 87hollywoodhorn says: Oct 7, 2013 1:47 AM

I think this is where both his true skill and character will be revealed. If he’s really a good quarterback hell take the job outright. Thats kind of a tough task for a qb to just step in and own a system though. So if he doesnt get the starting job well see if he expresses his appreciation for the job or whines about sitting on the bench.
    I get the feeling he will not be good enough to take the job, and that he will say some stuff that makes him look childish.

104. tcstunner says: Oct 7, 2013 2:02 AM

Freeman had a year where he threw for 3500 yards, 25TD and 5INT. Last year he threw for over 4000 yards and 27TD and 17INT. Both of those years he completed 60% of his passes. He’s only 25 with tons of upside. Why exactly are Vikings fans disappointed? This is gonna end up being a steal. I’m pumped they signed him.

105. calisotacards says: Oct 7, 2013 2:32 AM

Akili Smith was a better option, can someone text him please?

106. bucdale says: Oct 7, 2013 2:37 AM

Josh…. Good Luck… I hope you find what you’re looking for…. For the Vikings… “Caveat emptor” my friends…. Something about Hershel Walker comes to mind… Although you did not have to give up your future for this one.

107. darcrequiem says: Oct 7, 2013 2:48 AM

Freeman actually played pretty well in Tampa….before Schiano got there. I’m not saying he’s the answer, but at least he’s not afraid to throw the ball down field. Ponder’s got weapons and he’s afraid to use them. Look at what happened when Cassel played. He took shots down field and the Vikings won.

108. brentswitzer says: Oct 7, 2013 2:58 AM

The Vikings just continue to be one of the biggest laughing stocks in all of football.

109. reptar24 says: Oct 7, 2013 2:59 AM

Low risk, high reward, for a 25 year old QB, who has shown flashes kc brilliance under the WCO. Why wouldn’t the Vikings take a shot?

110. reptar24 says: Oct 7, 2013 2:59 AM

Low risk, high reward, for a 25 year old QB, who has shown flashes of brilliance under the WCO. Why wouldn’t the Vikings take a shot?

111. 84smooninlambeaunevergetsold says: Oct 7, 2013 4:01 AM

Worst day of my life.

112. Robert Chandler says: Oct 7, 2013 5:28 AM

As a Vikings fan since 1970, I am telling all the naysayers (who apparently are not very astute at evaluating football players) that Josh Freeman is the best QB this franchise has had since Fran Tarkenton – at least as far as realistic potential. Do any of you know how to assess QB play? Watching guys like Tarvaris Jackson and Christian Ponder, and scrutinizing their decision-making, footwork, set-up, release, and other factors, it has always been quickly obvious to me which ones even have a chance to make a lasting impact in the NFL. I have come to believe most “Fans” today don’t know what to look for, and base too much of their opinions on sheer stats, which tell 40% of the story at times.

I am in the minority, I guess, but am celebrating this move today. I believe Freeman to have all of the essentials to be a star at his position and expect him to put some very productive seasons together, assuming they fix that O-Line, and rebuild that defense through the draft.

113. Robert Chandler says: Oct 7, 2013 5:30 AM

P.S. – and fire that coaching staff ASAP. Start with Frazier and Musgrave and the DC too. They stink.

114. wearethesteelers says: Oct 7, 2013 6:17 AM

LOL

115. easywolf says: Oct 7, 2013 6:19 AM

Vikings owner smoking cow manure

116. bucheadlouden says: Oct 7, 2013 6:49 AM

Josh Freeman isn´t Big Ben (in his greatest years), but he has similar escape abilitys, is clutch when needed and is realy good on play-action rollouts (throwing on the run). That should serve pretty well with your Running Game. Vikings fans shouldn´t expect too much, but you should give him a chance. He could bring it on your team – Bucs HC Shiano just wanted to get rid of the QB; threw him under the bus. And shiano is a awfull HC. So here we go, be happy about Freeman (is a very nice guy too) and comes at NO costs. Great bet.

117. fishfan39 says: Oct 7, 2013 6:58 AM

I feel bad for Viking fans. Talk about a major midseason distraction. I don’t see how this can help the Vikes this season. Freeman has proven to be average at best. He’s no better than MC

118. rcpecook says: Oct 7, 2013 7:04 AM

Is Jennings ok with this?

119. gbmickey says: Oct 7, 2013 8:10 AM

There is a full blown schism in minnesota and Spielman appears to be pretty desperate right now.

To think we were supposed to fear them this year.

120. cuda1234 says: Oct 7, 2013 8:14 AM

Once again, black coaches mean black quarterbacks.

121. whatjusthapped says: Oct 7, 2013 8:46 AM

I would like to have a bag of whatever Spielman is smoking. Its has to be pretty good stuff.

122. taintedsaints2009 says: Oct 7, 2013 10:48 AM

What the? I fall asleep and this happens?

Is ponder done? This makes no sense. I’d rather they pay winfield that money to come play corner.

Cassel looked pretty good…is freeman a backup?

I will never understand why the Vikings do this with quarterbacks. It’s going to be another two years of shuffling. They probably won’t draft one because of this.

Atleast get rid of ponder to narrow it down.

123. brutusmandingo says: Oct 7, 2013 10:55 AM

@wilson1914 You Sir Are no Buccaneers fan. never root for a former player to succeed while Your team fails what kinda crap is that? Go Bucs!

124. purpwalk says: Oct 12, 2013 9:27 AM

all about potential, could still have more upside

125. rduchene says: Oct 12, 2013 9:58 AM

funions, funions, man I love funions