Broncos rub Jaguars’ fur the wrong way on Twitter

Getty Images

This one’s going to get ugly anyway, but it seems the sniping has already begun.

The Broncos mentioned on their official Twitter account, as many others have, that the 51 points they scored yesterday just so happens to be the same amount the Jaguars have scored this season.

Seems pertinent, since they’re playing this week.

The Jaguars noticed, and gave them their best Pee Wee Herman “I know you are, but what am I?” comeback.

The Broncos didn’t shy away from continuing, dropping a “No shots, just stats.”

97 responses to “Broncos rub Jaguars’ fur the wrong way on Twitter

1. After Manning leads the Broncos to 49 points in the first half, we will get to see the Broncos’ life after Peyton with Osweiller playing his first extended NFL minutes. Now that will be interesting to see if Manning’s cerebral processes have rubbed off on Osweiller.

2. Just as classy as they were with the Tebow stuff.

3. Jags are mad , lookout denver. If the Jags can hold you to 2 points, they have a 50/50 shot at winning.

4. audge86 says:
    Oct 7, 2013 11:18 AM
    Just as classy as they were with the Tebow stuff.

——————————————-

Yeah……because he was putting up all kinds of numbers. It’s a business. Get over it.

5. Leave it a weak franchise like the Broncos to get into a twitter war with the Jags. My Ravens are such a classy organization from top to bottom, they would never do anything so juvenile.

#flaccowinsplayoffgames
    #manningwillchokeintheplayoffs

6. One of the Broncos writers (I will not say who but I pretty sure Darin knows him) was asking people to name a defense that succeeded without its 4 best players, and that you couldn’t. I responded that the 04 Pats lost Seymour and Law and Poole, all above average to great starters plus they had a WR at DB in 04 and they won the SB. I got crickets in return.

There’s something kind of weird about John Fox, whose team in Carolina was one of those complained about for being too physical withWRs by Polian and Martz being the guy who now has that QB who most benefitted from that change.

7. I lost a bit of respect for them over how they treated him. Si this does not surprise me at all

_________________________________

So Peyton Manning is available and Tebow is your starting quarterback. How many teams decide to stick with Tebow instead of aquiring Peyton Manning?! BTW I think the Broncos were a lot better to him then the Jets and Pats were at least Denver gave him some significant playing time! Meanwhile the GM for the Jaguars came out and said there was no possible way that Tebow will ever be on the Jags roster. So Tebow got Millions of dollars from the Broncos and significant playing time any other team in the NFL knocking on his door?

8. CKL says:
    Oct 7, 2013 11:28 AM

______________________________

You named 3 when they asked for 4. That could be a reason.

9. The Jags have nothing to lose, so I think they should have a 11 man blitz on every play, that’s right, go after the QB on every play, forget that he may try to run up the score, go after him and make them pay the price, you are going to lose any way, so have some fun. Bill

10. Uh oh, the Mighty Jaguars are upset that the mean ol’ Donks are making fun of them.

Better watch out Denver, don’t poke the nest of kittens, you might get meowed at.

Lol

11. then the jags replied….just wait til a cold playoff game in january, u will see the true peyton, throwing teammates under the bus cause of a lost

12. The people that get mad at the Broncos for stating FACTS are the type that believe every kid deserves a trophy and ribbon for ‘participating’ and not winning. The Broncos weren’t vulgar, didn’t call them names or say the Jags are terrible, they just stated a FACT. I know in our society facts are looked down upon by most, but man-up haters.

13. Broncos’ Nation is so full of themselves that they are spreading nausea to the rest of the NFL.

There was about 12 or 13 years between the end of John Elway’s run at QB and Peyton Manning’s “pay me millions” tour, so there was some relief to the rest of the AFC West.

Denver fans should quit acting like they just discovered a cure for MS or ALS, when all that has happened is that they rented melon head for a few years.

14. And the Broncos defense gave up 48 points…. Jags Defense will hold under that. You saw it here first. #hatersgonnahate #DTWD. #jagsfanEvennow

15. Maybe the author & editor should practice the contents of one of the tweets “stay classy “, really don’t think they know how.
    Hey, we know we are bad, we know we are going to pounded, BUT why rub it in and beat someone when they are down !!!!
    Why the agenda against this team DG & MF ????

16. The fact that people are taking the Denver tweet as an insult just shows how over-sensitive (see: wussy) this country is becoming where even facts are offensive to people.

17. .

If it turns into the ” personal foul bowl ”, then the Broncos may regret their chirping. Jacksonville has nothing to lose, Denver has plenty.

18. Can the NFL competition committee step in and take over the Jags front office and force them to do whatever it takes to win? They refuse to bring in a productive QB. Its obvious they are trying to throw the season for a high draft pick, but fans should not have to pay full price to watch them tank it! Paying Jags fans and advertisers are getting robbed by this organization!!

19. The owner is being repped by the person on twitter (unless it’s the Colts).

I would fire the person who dissed another franchise under my name.

I hate people who have on class.

20. Truth hurts… and the score of the game next week is going to hurt the Jags even more than that last stat. Meeeouch!!!

21. I don’t get why Bronco fans are so happy if anything they got exposed yesterday yeah they won but gave up 48 points to the cowboys…. And absolutely no defense! What happens when the Broncos play a team with a good defense!

22. I just don’t know how the Jags can be this bad really. Everything that can possibly go wrong for them always seems to

___________________________________

It’s like the 2008 Lions. No matter what they did it was wrong. No calls went their way, no plays went their way, even the passes didn’t go their way LOL.

Get used to the bad calls though, they will continue for years after the 0-16 season. Lions are just now starting to get a few calls occasionally.

23. “My Ravens are such a classy organization from top to bottom, they would never do anything so juvenile.

#flaccowinsplayoffgames
    #manningwillchokeintheplayoffs”

****************************

Insert notsureifserious.jpg

24. If I’m a Jaguars player and I look across the field and see Jack Del Rio, a guy who took a team that once had a stout shutdown defense and the best running game in the league and lead it into irrelevance, that’s all I need for motivation.

I mean, I’d still end up losing the game though. Let’s be serious.

25. Bronco fans rejoice, you can now bet the farm on the Bronco Jaguar game this sunday. Everybody knows Payon never loses against the Jags… well other then 5 games. Whatever, we all know Denver has always crushed the Jags! Well, err, humm, the series record is Denver 4 wins and Jags 6 wins. No matter! Denver ALWAYS wins when it really counts, take for example their glorious victory in the AFC Divisional playoff game… they… oh… Jags won that one too. Records be dammed, Denver is too strong this year, the Jags stink, we all know that there has never been an upset in the NFL, that we can hang our hat on! Bet the farm boys, just bet the farm!

“We’re gonna win the game. I guarantee it” Joe Namath

26. The Jags need to come to the line and yell out checks from Peyton’s commercials. “Papa Bear! TUNE XM 60 OUTLAW! Orange Barrel, Re-route!”

I mean it would be incredibly stupid but it would be the most entertaining part of the game.

27. Just wait till they face a real defense. The media darlings have benefitted from a cup cake schedule. Then Manning will choke again in the playoffs when it matters

28. bucrightoff says:
    Oct 7, 2013 11:14 AM
    I wanna see the Broncos play their backups to see if the Broncos backups are better than the Jaguars starters.
    ——————

I would like to see Manning play with nothing but backups so he can see what Brady deals with year after uear after year…….

29. Not a JAX fan, but Denver? Not cool. Twitter: where you leave your brain in the other room when you sign in.

30. dougy1970 says:

Broncos still smarting from Mark Brunell game in 1996.
    —————————————————-
    You are right, so much that the Broncos won the next 2 Superbowls

31. There are two types of NFL fans — Denver Broncos fans and fans that wish their teams were the Denver Broncos.

Thumbs down if you agree!

32. I don’t get why Bronco fans are so happy if anything they got exposed yesterday yeah they won but gave up 48 points to the cowboys…. And absolutely no defense! What happens when the Broncos play a team with a good defense!

—————-

You do realize Broncos have been playing without their top 2 defensive players in Champ Bailey and Von Miller, right? Not to mention, their next 2 top players Chris Harris and Wesley Woodyard left early that game…

33. peytonsneck18 says: Oct 7, 2013 11:47 AM

_____________________________________________________________

Just wait till a cold day in January when every member of the Jaguars is sitting in their living rooms watching the Playoffs on TV while begging their agent over the phone to negotiate a trade.

34. “You do realize Broncos have been playing without their top 2 defensive players in Champ Bailey and Von Miller, right?”
    ——————————

35. Considering the game itself might not be very entertaining, we’ll take whatever we can get out of this one, at least until they sit down over free beers (with designated drivers) and hash it all out.
    ————————

They’ve never heard of Designated Drivers in Denver – or did you forget the offseason?

36. Any Bronco fan who still thinks Champ Bailey is one of your top 2 players doesn’t know football.

————

I’m pretty sure he only allowed 1 TD in the regular season last year, PFF rated him the 4th best CB in the NFL, last year…. Your an idiot because your only going off of a bad 1st half in that playoff game vs Baltimore.

Get your facts right, a true NFL fan would …

37. serkeljerks says:
    Oct 7, 2013 11:22 AM
    audge86 says:
    Oct 7, 2013 11:18 AM
    Just as classy as they were with the Tebow stuff.

——————————————-

———————————————-

Yea numbers mean alot more then the playoff wins… Thank Tebow for getting you one, Something you may never see from Manning….This isnt the first team he has lead to a nice 5-0 or 11-0 streak just to stink it up in January…

And I bet when it starts getting tuff….Horsetoothes big head and Peytons soft neck will not be able to be in the same room.

38. I had no plan to watch this game, but this may have changed my mind. I’d love for the Jags to pull a miracle(which is what it would require) and slap Denver back down to earth.

39. dougy1970 says:Oct 7, 2013 11:55AM

“Broncos still smarting from Mark Brunell game in 1996. Ouch”

_________

Nope, we got over the the very next year when we went on our revenge tour by stomping Jax in the Wild Card round on the way to our first Super Bowl win.

This seems like a serious non-issue. The post by the Denver Twitter account wasn’t talking crap: just a stat. The hurt feelings that the Jax Twitter got should be taken up with his team’s offense and not the Broncos.

40. Clearly, Elway has held on to his bitterness over losing at home to a second-year expansion team in the playoffs in 1996.

41. The Broncos’ tweet conveniently left out that the Denver defense almost gave up as many points in one game as the Jags have scored in one season, too.

42. I never understood why Gus Bradley was such a popular coaching candidate in the offseason. Just because a team has one good season doesn’t mean their coordinators are qualified head coaches.

43. This is why everybody is going to laugh when Denver chokes again in the playoffs. Championships are not won in October. Peyton Manning knows that better than anyone…

44. I lost a bit of respect for them over how they treated him. Si this does not surprise me at all_________________________________

——————

I don’t care that they chose manning over Tebow

It was how there were so many rumors that they wanted to ditch or trade tebow after the season. They spoke out to swear they weren’t true and they were 100% committed to Tebow, he’s their guy.

Then Manning becomes available and Tebow is kicked to the curb. Just don’t comment or be honest. Don’t lie for months til someone else comes along.

45. rynjny says:
    Oct 7, 2013 12:48 PM
    You guys do know that Tampa Bay only have 44 points right??

———————————————————-
    Yes. While that’s funny in itself, only four games. Jags played five.

46. blackandbluedivision says:
    Oct 7, 2013 11:39 AM
    CKL says:
    Oct 7, 2013 11:28 AM

______________________________

You named 3 when they asked for 4. That could be a reason.
    _______________________________
    I can’t imagine anyone would think most defenses would be better with a decent backup DB instead of a WR back there. Semantics.

47. As a Jags fan, I rooted for Denver last year in the championship. Now I can give a damn if they ever win another game, nevertheless another Super Bowl. Stay classless Denver….

48. I just hope Manning stays in the game long enough to get 4-6 td’s and keep the pace for breaking Bradys TD record !

49. Broncos still smarting from Mark Brunell game in 1996

______________________________

This is funny since the Jags have hoisted the Vince Bombardi trophy every year since that non championship season.

50. So the won’t mind then if the Jags take a few liberties with the QB…

——————————————–

Ya go ahead lol Dallas couldn’t get to him, Peyton’s been sacked 5 times all year… Go ahead. Try & take some liberties hahahahahahah!!

51. It wud be funny if the jags put a bounty on peyton, and ends his career. Then lets see how funny it is Bronco fans, and,o yea your defense nearly gave up 50 points think about that for a sec..

52. WOW! A lot of haters out there. Payton is having an unbelievable season, and as a Bronco fan I can appreciate what he has done his whole career. Yes even when he was torching Denver in the playoffs. I really hope that people can watch him and truly enjoy what he is doing. Payton has a ring so any talk about him choking in the playoffs is irrelevant. I remember hearing the same things about Elway and thinking they might be true, but then he ended his career on top.

However much longer Payton plays I will enjoy and just take it all in no matter what happens. He is headed to the hall of fame and is and will be for a long time the greatest football player. Better than the great Jerry Rice, better than Montana, Elway, Marino, and even Brady!

53. dsheik says:
    Oct 7, 2013 9:20 PM
    I hope the Jags break Peytons neck

————————————————-

Browns fan here. Dshiek that was a completely and totally AWFUL comment to post. Just because the Jags are total garbage as a team year doent’t mean you should with something that horrible on a fellow human being.

This is opinion is coming from someone who witnessed the Broncos beat the Browns 3 times in AFC championship games in the 1980s, so I’m definetely not a fan of the Broncos.

Careful their Sheik…Karma has a way putting on you the negative wishes you have on somebody else on you.

54. rolli1967 says:
    Oct 7, 2013 10:17 PM
    dsheik says:
    Oct 7, 2013 9:20 PM
    I hope the Jags break Peytons neck

————————————————-

Browns fan here. Dshiek, that was a completely and totally AWFUL comment to post. Just because the Jags are total garbage as a team this year doent’t mean you should wish something that horrible on a fellow human being.

(Cleaned up typos)

55. To those who distort stats in an effort to diminish the great PFM;

The Broncos are NOT the Colts. Stop saying Peyton did this and Peyton did that when you mean the Colts.

Peyton’s a big horse now.

56. The Jags may be the worst team in the NFL but I still remember what happened to Denver the last time they talked trash about them! 1997 must still sting!

57. How stupid is this? Teams resorting to Twitter? Remember when football was just that? Now there are tweets, fantasy football dorks, pink flags, London, etc. Oh, and be careful how you tackle someone!

WWVLD? What Would Vince Lombardi Do? I doubt him or Papa Halas would resort to tweets.

58. Are you seriously concerned about class?? What did they do wrong?? You mean they gave a little trash talk? ITS FOOTBALL!!! Thata what we do in football; we talk trash!!! Just like every coach yells and gets in his players faces to pump them up! Just like a drill sargeant pushes his privates to get them ready!!! Its all about motivation amd fun…..quit being whiney brats and just talk trash back.