Michael Vick “very surprised” how good he feels

Philadelphia Eagles v New York Giants Getty Images

Word out of Philadelphia on Monday were that Eagles quarterback Michael Vick would miss the next two games as he recovers from the hamstring injury that forced him out of Sunday’s victory over the Giants.

On Tuesday, though, Vick was at Eagles practice doing individual work. Vick said he didn’t know if he would be able to play against the Buccaneers in Week Six, but did know that his hamstring was in better shape than he was expecting.

“I feel a lot better than I did on Sunday,” Vick said, via Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News. “It was kind of agonizing. It was tough. It was hard to deal with. I’m glad that I’m where I’m at today. I was very surprised to be able to go out and move around, throw the football and throw it with some velocity and still move the way I was able to … I just gotta keep working.”

There’s a fair chance that Vick’s presence at practice this week and any resulting cloudiness about whether he or Nick Foles will start at quarterback is meant to force the Bucs to prepare for both quarterbacks. Given the different styles of the two quarterbacks, it would be foolish for the Eagles to do anything else if it only slightly improves their chances of success on Sunday.

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill
12 Responses to “Michael Vick “very surprised” how good he feels”
  1. logicalvoicesays says: Oct 8, 2013 3:08 PM

#RGIIIWannabe

2. godofwine330 says: Oct 8, 2013 3:15 PM

Hamstrings are tricky. They seem fine then…bam, there they go again. Give it a week or two. Sit down, then try it. Hamstrings can linger.

3. boltsup says: Oct 8, 2013 3:20 PM

Vick ur my dog… But u need to step it up in the W column and stay on the field… Oh, and stop fumbling the rock…

I think I root for Vick more than most players in the league since he came back to the league, but I just wish he’d have that moment of greatness and not excuse for why at the end of his career

4. bobbyhoying says: Oct 8, 2013 3:21 PM

If Nick is going to play, Tampa is a team he should beat. I’d like to have Vick available for the Cowboys. You know if he can keep it close Romo will choke at the end of the game.

5. chefbob52355 says: Oct 8, 2013 3:35 PM

This is a Kelly ploy and nothing more. Vick will be carrying the clipboard on Sunday. And that’s a good thing, cuz I really want to see Nick and maybe even a little Barkley

6. rodh32340 says: Oct 8, 2013 3:58 PM

Vick is “very surprised” that Kelly wants to play Bulletin Board games with Schiano.

7. doctorrustbelt says: Oct 8, 2013 4:30 PM

“Catalyst”

8. bleedrangerblue says: Oct 8, 2013 6:12 PM

He feels very good til the next hit or run. Old man to say the least

9. eaglesnoles05 says: Oct 8, 2013 10:32 PM

Rest it this week, try to come back for the Dallas game. If it isn’t right then, take another week. Repeat previous instructions until it is right. Don’t force it.

10. eaglesnd18 says: Oct 9, 2013 1:57 AM

Why does everyone keep saying Vick “keeps fumbling the rock”? When is the last time that he has lost a fumble?

11. phillysports77 says: Oct 9, 2013 3:02 AM

Cause they are Fake Fans eaglesnd18

12. ochospantalones says: Oct 9, 2013 12:27 PM

eaglesnd18 says:
    Oct 9, 2013 1:57 AM

__________________________

September 19, 2013 against the Chiefs is the last time he lost a fumble. It wasn’t that long ago. In fairness to Vick, both of his lost fumbles this year were on sort of strange plays, not really what people think of when they say Vick is a fumbler.

The first was that strange backwards pass which was deflected and returned for a touchdown against the Racial Slurs, and the second was at the very end of the game against the Chiefs where he lost the ball while being sacked in the pocket on a play he was injured on.