David Wilson could miss several weeks with neck injury

New York Giants v Dallas Cowboys Getty Images

The New York Giants already know they won’t have David Wilson for this Thursday night’s matchup with the Chicago Bears.

They may be missing him for several weeks to come.

According to Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News, the injury that left Wilson with “tingling” in his neck is a disc-related issue that the Giants believe could keep Wilson out for several weeks.

Wilson is getting a second opinion on the injury and a course of action won’t be determined until after that evaluation. If surgery isn’t recommended, the Giants could wait to see if the injury will subside in the coming weeks. Either way, it’s likely that Wilson could miss more than just week’s game against Chicago.

In the interim, the Giants will have to rely on Brandon Jacobs and Da’Rel Scott to carry the load in the backfield.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Giants, Rumor Mill
10 Responses to “David Wilson could miss several weeks with neck injury”
  1. thekiller678 says: Oct 10, 2013 12:13 AM

Ugh this is such a tough offense to watch right now. I don’t think the defense is as bad as the stats say they’re just on the field all the time with lousy field position

2. Mr. Wright 212 says: Oct 10, 2013 12:47 AM

Worst season since the year of my birth with this team.

3. Vim says: Oct 10, 2013 12:49 AM

Why does this clown keep doing those stupid back flips?

4. thepunkyqb says: Oct 10, 2013 3:46 AM

suffice to say, when Andre Brown comes back in Week 10 he will without a doubt be the Workhorse Starter in that backfield. Immediately

5. cobraiv says: Oct 10, 2013 6:53 AM

It’s quite possible his disc-related injury to his neck is due to his “Double Backflip” TD celebration in the endzone last Sunday.

6. rmfields says: Oct 10, 2013 8:33 AM

Biggest fantasy bust of the year.

7. bigbluelou says: Oct 10, 2013 1:15 PM

Mr. Wright 212 says:
    Oct 10, 2013 12:47 AM
    Worst season since the year of my birth with this team.

————————————————–
    1987 – year after the Giants win the SB. How do you think we felt back then with that team? In 1988 (Jets knock us out of playoffs) 1989 (Flipper Anderson) 1990 – Another SB win and then the bottom fell out (Another SB appearance, albeit a loss in 2000; remember that o-line? Lomas Brown, Glenn Paker Dusty Zeigler, Chris Bober, Mike Rosenthal) My point is we will bounce back. GO BLUE!

8. Mr. Wright 212 says: Oct 10, 2013 1:29 PM

bigbluelou says: Oct 10, 2013 1:15 PM

Mr. Wright 212 says:
    Oct 10, 2013 12:47 AM
    Worst season since the year of my birth with this team.

————————————————–
    —————–

I didn’t feel too badly in 1987, because my dad explained at the time what the strike was about and so forth. 1988 hurt to lose that game in Week 17 to those clowns and no Giants fan who lived through the Wild Card game vs. LA will ever get over it. Those 90s teams and the 2003 Fassel team were one thing, but this is indeed the worst team since 1979 from both talent and performance.

The 1987 team was mostly the Super Bowl team. Those 1990s teams were bad players and average coaching. The 2003 team quit on Fassel. But 1979 was almost inept in every phase, just like this 2013 team.

9. Mr. Wright 212 says: Oct 10, 2013 1:29 PM

And given that I have just demonstrated that I have been a fan of this team for 30 years, my concern isn’t about bouncing back. Simply stated that this is the worst team they have fielded since I was born.

10. bigbluelou says: Oct 10, 2013 3:14 PM

MW212: And I never said the 2013 team was good either. I agree with you. It’s putrid.