Adrian Peterson misses practice for personal reasons, spotted in South Dakota

AP

As the Vikings prepare for their first game after the bye week, running back Adrian Peterson bid farewell to practice for a day.

Absent for what the team described as “personal reasons,” the person of Peterson was spotted in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, according to the Argus (S.D.) Leader.

Peterson was spotted at the Little Coalinga Bar & Grill, eating a hot turkey sandwich.  The owner, Jane Bammert, said Peterson was a “super nice guy,” and he didn’t say why he was in Sioux Falls.

There’s no reason to believe Peterson won’t be available to play on Sunday.

66 responses to “Adrian Peterson misses practice for personal reasons, spotted in South Dakota

1. Peterson ate a hot turkey sandwich for lunch in South Dakota. I’m so relieved the days of not knowing are over.

2. seahawks12lob says:
    Oct 10, 2013 5:27 PM
    if he cant play the vikings might as well not show up…..

—–

Against the Panthers? The Panthers might have all their players there and still not show up.

3. I live in Sioux Falls, SD. The local news will go something like this: “Ranchers in western South Dakota suffer huge losses as last week’s blizzard killed tens of thousands of livestock. But first, Adrian Peterson came to town and ate a turkey sandwich! Then he went to Falls Park, the Empire Mall and one of the fifty bazillion buildings in Sioux Falls named after T. Denny Sanford! Sources are reporting that Peterson will head west to visit the Mitchell Corn Palace, then north to Huron to view the World’s Largest Fiberglass Pheasant, but we have not been able to confirm this.”

4. doctorrustbelt says:
    Oct 10, 2013 5:33 PM
    peterson’s hgh/steroid dealer lives in Sioux Falls.

File this under work related absence.

The steriod/HGH dealers of Sioux Falls went out of business when people discovered the lucrative world of cooking meth.

5. K2…. what about farmers/ranchers who need all those steroids for their cattle, pigs, etc.?!?

6. AD was just interviewing local Sioux Indians to see if they believe the Vikings name is racist to Norwegians.

7. Mr. Wright 212 says:
    Oct 10, 2013 5:26 PM
    Adrian Peterson can do whatever he wants.
    _________________

Must have learned that from the way the Vikings treated Favre, it also helped Harvin get out of town.

8. I also live in Sioux falls(which is a city of about 150k) and have never heard of the little coalinga? May have to try it if he’s here to eat that…

9. Thursdays special is the hot turkey and it’s freaking awesome! I guarantee you he was full. Bet money there’s a dr. Visit involved.

10. @llsinning. It’s down on Indiana ave across from the golden dragon Chinese restaurant. North of tenth st.

11. Did I just read a article that was about someone eating a sandwich? I think I need to take a break from the internet.

12. Can’t believe he’d stop in Sioux Falls and not eat at JL Beers – there for business recently and couldn’t quit eating at that joint. But they don’t serve turkey sandwiches, so there’s that.

13. Peterson and Gonzalez, the tale of two of the greatest talents being wasted on teams that shall never see the glory of a Lombardi trophy.

It’s shameful and saddening.

I still have never received an acceptable answer.
    Why do you ponder passing?

14. I have heard the visit is related to a family medical issues. The only specialty hospital that I can imagine would pull AD away from Minneapolis is the Sanford Children’s Hospital. I hope all is well for his family’s sake.

15. Before you get saddened and shamed by Peterson’s lack of a superbowl appearance, just remember that he fumbled 3 times in the NFC championship game. He owns that too.

16. Please let him have pulled a Ricky Williams
    Please let him have pulled a Ricky Williams
    Please let him have pulled a Ricky Williams
    Please let him have pulled a Ricky Williams

~ The other 31 teams.

17. peytonsneck18 says:
    Oct 10, 2013 6:19 PM
    are there any black folks in the dakotas?

__________________

We know there’s at least one.

18. Is that sighting confirmed? I mean it is South Dakota.

Black people are so rare that any buff looking black person they see has to be a professional athlete. Plus we all look alike so there could always be mistaken.

19. tikisays says:

Oct 10, 2013 6:04 PM
    Now that we know what Adrian Peterson ate for lunch-I’m sure everyone wants to know what Robert Griffin The 3rd had for lunch!!

————————–

Duh. Subway.

20. He realized how he’s one of the best RBs in the NFL and how he will never get a Ring. *hint Barry* The Minnesota Vikings best chance was years ago…

With this, he most likely had a breakdown or panic attack. Then he just called up his pilot and told him to just take him anywhere where he could be secluded from society. Hopefully, he knows Yoga or Tai Chi and can find his Zen.

I feel bad for him. Retire Adrian while your brain still works.

-Raiders Fan

21. THIS JUST IN: ADRIAN PETERSON STOPPED AT LITTLE COALINGA AND ATE A HOT TURKEY SANDWICH.

In other news, farmers lost many livestock in the blizzard last weekend.

Only in America.

22. ilovefoolsball says: Oct 10, 2013 6:08 PM

It’s shameful and saddening.

I still have never received an acceptable answer.
    Why do you ponder passing?
    __________________________________
    ever hear of a running back that went by the name of Barry , Barry Sanders

23. @Trollsetter
    Peterson fumbled twice, not 3 times and he recovered one of them. Farve, Harvin, and another player whose name I can’t rember also fumbled and lost the ball. So it wasn’t really all APs fault. He did go for 120 and 3 tds though.

24. OMG it’s all falling apart. Peterson is gonna pull a Freeman. He’s sick of throwing his career away in the Land of 10k Trailer Park Cesspools.

25. What olsonm4 said, I second that. He’s in Sioux Falls for “personal reasons” that no one should ever have to go through. There’s a bigger story to this. A lot bigger than ranchers losing livestock. The media will have it out soon enough.

26. There is a Timberwolves exhibition game in town against the Bucks.. Perhaps he will come off the bench as a power forward. The exhibition game was the big news here. A turkey sandwich stole their thunder..

27. Plenty of ignorant, or really bad comedians , commenting on this. I wonder if they have the internet in South Dakota? Dumbasses

28. I find it so funny at the people who insist on Peterson using steroids only because of him coming back from an injury so quick. RGIII did it, is he roiding it up as well? Why can’t people just embrace the fact that Peterson is a freak of nature who takes great care of himself and works harder than anybody in the game. I hate many teams but if a player is a great player I don’t hate on that player cause he’s on a team I dislike. I hate the Packers, I think Aaron Rodgers is phenomenal and am jealous the Vikings don’t have a QB as good as him. Stop hating. Dude is one of the best running backs to ever step on the field.

29. I am proudly from South Dakota and love that many people think we either don’t exist or lack any type of intelligence – this keeps us less populated with ignorant and heart-less people (many of whom have posted on this blog). First off, none of you know why Adrian was in Sioux Falls. I have heard it was for a very personal tragedy. If this is true, shame on many of you. Think twice before you degrade another human being and be thankful you do not have your every move monitored and judged by others!

30. I find it amazing and disgusting how many people start spouting their hate and posting their baseless judgements before they have all the facts. What a truly a sad statement about our general population.

31. yeah how does the guy stating he was meeting his hgh supplier feel, pretty sad when it was really personal and not even about drugs, my heart goes out to adrian and his family for the loss of his son.