Game-time decision for Calvin Johnson, too

Johnson AP

A pair of big-name receivers named Johnson are injured.  Both will be game-time decisions on Sunday.

For the Texans, Andre Johnson is a coin-flip with a hamstring.

For the Lions, Calvin Johnson also will be a game-time decision, due to a knee injury that caused him to miss Sunday’s game against the Packers.

If Johnson misses a second straight game for only the second time in his career (he has missed only five in seven seasons), look for Kris Durham (who? exactly) to get plenty of reps; he participated in 66 of 67 snaps last Sunday.  Pat Edwards (who? exactly) likewise participated in 58 snaps.

Ryan Broyles, the second-round pick with high expectations, was on the field for only 27 snaps, down from 41 the week before.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Home, Rumor Mill
13 Responses to “Game-time decision for Calvin Johnson, too”
  1. calvincoke says: Oct 10, 2013 6:19 PM

If Calvin can’t go. We are in so much trouble..Offense looks horrible. Defense is stacking the box and pressing the Wr’s.. There is not one Wr who stafford can throw to without some db riding the receiver. No holes to run through..Its crazy.. but if Calvin is in.. Defenses back off..focusing on Johnson . We can go to Work

2. lionsblood73 says: Oct 10, 2013 6:26 PM

We need all three to step up, especially Broyles!

3. darkneptune73 says: Oct 10, 2013 6:26 PM

I’m just going to bench Megatron then. I’m kinda tired of waiting until the last minute to set my rosters.

4. southpaw79 says: Oct 10, 2013 6:33 PM

And having both Calvin Johnson and Andrea Johnson on my fantasy team……… great.

5. ivanpavlov0000 says: Oct 10, 2013 6:42 PM

I like the Lions to win this one. The Browns aren’t the Packers, and the Lions d-line is much better than the Browns o-line.

6. hatesycophants says: Oct 10, 2013 7:03 PM

Uh, I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but no one in the NFL gives a damn about your imaginary roster.

7. lionsdraftguy says: Oct 10, 2013 7:10 PM

Wonder when TheStrategyExpert is gonna chime in with something dumb, making himself out to be even more knowledgeless when it comes to the NFL.

8. doctorrustbelt says: Oct 10, 2013 7:11 PM

Cleveland’s Defense isn’t ranked 29th in points like Minnesota’s defense or the 26th like Washington (tied) and Chicago (tied).

This should be close.

I think Cleveland will continue ruining their draft.

9. brownsclown says: Oct 10, 2013 7:59 PM

Cleveland ruined their draft when they hired Mike Lombardturd as the GM!

10. kremis says: Oct 10, 2013 8:09 PM

In the meantime the Steelers team will be inactive for Sundays game against the Jets

11. 1beforeidie says: Oct 10, 2013 8:24 PM

Honestly as a Browns fan, even if Megatron plays, I’m more worried about Reggie Bush. I think Haden will do a decent job covering Johnson (dont hate me, I still think Johnson will make plays). The Browns have been great vs the run so far this year, but Bush just scares me in that offense. He can be dangerous. Should be fun to watch!

12. pacodawg says: Oct 10, 2013 8:49 PM

Buster skrine would school megatron. He better not play!

13. tyrion4qb says: Oct 11, 2013 8:16 AM

@brownsclown: The whole “Lombardturd” thing is extremely played out. You need some new material.