Todd Haley, sued again

116 Getty Images

Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley has been sued.

Is there an echo in here?

Yes, Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley has been sued.  Again.

Earlier this week, Haley and his wife found themselves on the wrong end of a legal action arising from allegations that they reneged on a deal to buy a house and trashed the residence, which they had been renting, on their way out.  Now, Haley has been sued by a man who agreed to watch the family’s dogs when they moved from Kansas City to Pittsburgh.

According to WPXI-TV, Nick Fiscante claims Haley owes $10,090.  A magistrate judge ruled in Fiscante’s favor in August after Haley and his wife didn’t show up for the hearing.

The Haleys appealed the ruling, with Christine Haley arguing that Fiscante “does not have a boarding license and runs an illegal and filthy facility,”  that two of the dogs “when returned were extremely aggressive and had to be given away because they were brutally attacking neighborhood dogs,” and that a contract never was in place between the Haleys and Fiscante.

The Steelers have yet to comment on Haley’s ever-expanding portfolio of off-field issues.  Haley declined comment on “personal” matters during a Thursday media appearance.

Permalink 61 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill
61 Responses to “Todd Haley, sued again”
  1. doctorrustbelt says: Oct 10, 2013 9:12 PM

The pittsburgh steelers are a low character organization.

2. elwaysagenius says: Oct 10, 2013 9:14 PM

1 thing he has in common with Ben, they are both GIANT tools outside (and inside for that matter) of football

3. junglerat524 says: Oct 10, 2013 9:17 PM

Looks like he’s fitting in well with the new locals

4. doe22us says: Oct 10, 2013 9:22 PM

This guy and his wife may have a Giant L tatooed on their foreheads.

5. tinbender2000 says: Oct 10, 2013 9:22 PM

Wow, can’t even coordinate a house move.

6. keiselsbeard says: Oct 10, 2013 9:24 PM

Good God, I hope they fire this idiot soon.

7. undeadjesus says: Oct 10, 2013 9:26 PM

Stay classy, Todd.

8. dtlb58 says: Oct 10, 2013 9:31 PM

Everything is always about someone else with these two.
    I think it’s time they look in the mirror to find their problems.

I think we know now why Clark Hunt abruptly fired Haley in the middle of the season and it wasn’t all about wins and losses. Him and his wife are cuckoo for coco puffs.

9. sickoe47 says: Oct 10, 2013 9:31 PM

What a douche on and off field

10. mikeyhigs says: Oct 10, 2013 9:44 PM

This guy seems like a real jack hole. And his offense sucks.

11. repmochief50 says: Oct 10, 2013 9:46 PM

Are you building your resume for a job with Oakland next Todd? Stay Classy!!!

12. Stiller43 says: Oct 10, 2013 9:52 PM

“The Steelers have yet to comment on Haley’s ever-expanding portfolio of off-field issues.”

Why would the team comment on civil suits?

13. nfl4days says: Oct 10, 2013 10:04 PM

Getting Todd Haley is the worst thing the steelers have done in years.

14. helix828 says: Oct 10, 2013 10:06 PM

I, too, board my animals in places that I consider “filthy and illegal”..oh wait, no, I don’t. I spend 5 mins on Google and see what’s up with the place before I leave animals I love there.

15. dallashomer says: Oct 10, 2013 10:10 PM

Too bad. Otherwise Haley seems like such a delightful person.

16. logicalvoycesays says: Oct 10, 2013 10:11 PM

Someone needs to sue Dan Snyder for destroying the Redskins

#onsomerealtalkplaaaaaayah

17. primenumber19 says: Oct 10, 2013 10:11 PM

I can’t believe the Rooneys forced this guy down tomlin’s throat.

18. stlunatik says: Oct 10, 2013 10:17 PM

The city of Pittsburgh should sue him for being a horrible offensive coordinator

19. AD2K5 says: Oct 10, 2013 10:22 PM

He seems like a great guy…

20. FinFan68 says: Oct 10, 2013 10:22 PM

If these accusations are true, this family is scum. I can understand vandals possibly trashed the house but the reasoning given by the wife on this one is BS. She must have been ok with the conditions prior to dropping off the dogs. The Haley’s seem like typical welchers/scam artists. I really don’t get how people can be so dishonest or lack basic integrity.

21. slobberknocker says: Oct 10, 2013 10:23 PM

Sounds like his coordinating skills on the home front are about as successful as his skills with the Steeler offense.

22. murraysons says: Oct 10, 2013 10:27 PM

This guy…

23. scaredhitless says: Oct 10, 2013 10:28 PM

Dick Haley’s spawn is further proof the 1% gets it wrong when it comes to child rearing.

Well done 1%. Keep watching Fox News and pretend you’re not part of the problem.

24. steelers4385 says: Oct 10, 2013 10:30 PM

Wish wed just throw in the towel already.

25. wringworm says: Oct 10, 2013 10:31 PM

I see Haley’s home life is a lot like his work life… Sloppy and without accountability!

26. jjrs89 says: Oct 10, 2013 10:37 PM

who let the dogs out?

27. wearethesteelers says: Oct 10, 2013 10:39 PM

This is not a distraction.

28. pjrhc says: Oct 10, 2013 10:49 PM

Why worry about off-field issues? The guy ruins offenses that he coaches ON the field – except the one Kurt Warner rescued for him.

29. mbmixer says: Oct 10, 2013 10:54 PM

They trashed one house, now they trashed ours.

30. titansbro says: Oct 10, 2013 11:07 PM

Seems like a winner

31. Neftali Ramos says: Oct 10, 2013 11:10 PM

Scumbag!

32. wjmoffatt says: Oct 10, 2013 11:12 PM

Who pays $10,000 for someone to either train or watch their dogs? Sounds fishy by Fiscante to me

33. jrcoop says: Oct 10, 2013 11:13 PM

In legal circles isn’t that known as the ” the defendent is a bigger slime ball than me” defense?

34. g20twog20two says: Oct 10, 2013 11:14 PM

Perhaps you can start a, ‘Days without Haley being sued,’ meter…

35. charger383 says: Oct 10, 2013 11:24 PM

time to start saying Stealers name causes theft

36. clemenza58 says: Oct 10, 2013 11:26 PM

It never ceases to amaze me how much drama comes with Todd Haley everywhere he goes.

37. thegrey7 says: Oct 10, 2013 11:31 PM

“when returned were extremely aggressive and had to be given away because they were brutally attacking neighborhood dogs,” — maybe you should keep your dog on a leash and not let it around the neighborhood?

38. jonesjack says: Oct 10, 2013 11:39 PM

So they left their dogs somewhere long enough to run up a five figure tab and their defense for not paying is it was a such a bad place to leave dogs that they had to dump two of them? I feel bad for the two still living with this couple.

39. andyr2120 says: Oct 10, 2013 11:40 PM

He just doesn’t seem like a very nice guy. This isn’t exactly the first time…

40. crownofthehelmet says: Oct 10, 2013 11:46 PM

Who cares, just don’t call another freaking WR screen Haley!

41. djstat says: Oct 10, 2013 11:56 PM

How has Haley, a proven piece of garbage stayed in the NFL so long? Oh right, his father was a great executive.

42. thesmedman says: Oct 11, 2013 12:04 AM

This guy…

This clown is a lonely clown
    Not the only clown
    But can make a fan frown
    As he breaks a team down, down down…

43. tinbender2000 says: Oct 11, 2013 12:54 AM

And short of moving to Mars, how do you take so long to move that you leave your dogs in a “bad place” long enough to change their personalities?

44. darkneptune73 says: Oct 11, 2013 1:00 AM

Can the Steelers sue Haley for poor offensive playcalling?

45. steelchampions says: Oct 11, 2013 1:30 AM

Maybe they can trade Haley to the Jets for a 3rd round pick?

46. scottheis82 says: Oct 11, 2013 2:15 AM

@scaredhitless,
    The other 99% get it wrong too, just look at OJ’s mom… and in the future note that this is NBC’s sports Site if you want to discuss politics they have several sites for that.

47. asublimeday says: Oct 11, 2013 3:28 AM

In hindsight, Bad Neez Kennels was a poor choice.

48. Joemontanaflacco says: Oct 11, 2013 7:57 AM

“does not have a boarding license and runs an illegal and filthy facility”

I think that quote was taken from an article about Heinz Field during the Kenny Chesney concert.

49. sbaltimore says: Oct 11, 2013 8:09 AM

Maybe Steelers fans ought to sue the Steelers FO for hiring this D-bag.

50. bigoldred says: Oct 11, 2013 8:20 AM

scaredhitless says: Oct 10, 2013 10:28 PM

Yes, only the 1% have children who grow into irresponsible adults. Growing up in a family with resources and opportunities frequently results in a positive outcome for the children. This story is as far removed from politics as it could be. Go take your knee jerk, poorly thought out comments elsewhere.

51. holeinone09 says: Oct 11, 2013 8:26 AM

You leave your cherished pets somewhere you.dont check out first, and ypu have the money you do? I have had enough of this guy, he hasnt made a big enough contribution long enough to justify keeping.

52. Deb says: Oct 11, 2013 1:54 PM

I’m with holeinone09. Enough already. Haley’s offense will work and that’s why I’ve stuck by him. But he’s not the only coach in the league that runs this type offense. San Francisco runs a similar scheme. Find a new coordinator. That may not be possible The team doesn’t need these off-field distractions. I’m ready to dump Haley and Ben. Time to find people who are both talented and emotionally functional.

53. Deb says: Oct 11, 2013 1:55 PM

Sorry … meant to say that may not be possible until the season ends.

54. mostlombardisintheleague says: Oct 11, 2013 2:31 PM

holeinone09 says:
    Oct 11, 2013 8:26 AM
    “… he hasnt made a big enough contribution long enough to justify keeping.”

when did he make a contribution to our team ?

55. dagrizzman says: Oct 11, 2013 4:14 PM

The only good thing about Haley is that he provides me with humorous reading material everyday.I go from article to article and am amazed at the bad press this guy gets and how the Rooney’s just turn their heads.Too bad the NFL doesn’t discipline the coaches like the players.

56. bobzilla1001 says: Oct 12, 2013 10:26 AM

From what I’ve seen or heard, Haley has only been accused and not yet been convicted of anything, which was the case in few years ago with the superstar quarterback, who everyone vehemently defended to their deaths…
    It’s a shame Haley isn’t being given the same benefit of doubt from all the “loyal” Steelers fans, who, in actuality, are merely Big Ben groupies out to take the focus away from the their hero’s horrific play and place the blame elsewhere.
    Hating Haley has become quite popular in Pittsburgh. Too bad he and Ben aren’t buddies. There’s been more investigating reporting in Pittsburgh done on Haley than was done on Roethlisberger, which I find fascinating.

57. FinFan68 says: Oct 12, 2013 10:53 AM

bobzilla,
    Not the same at all. Ben’s initial issue was from a woman who bragged about it and had emails that basically showed she targeted him. That was taken into consideration on the incident in Georgia where the “victim” was not credible and changed her story. Not saying Ben acted correctly but I don’t think it was what has been portrayed. Been also, to my knowledge never came out and said he did it or offered any form excuse to downplay the incident.

In this case, Haley’s wife admitted it and gave some weird reasoning to try to justify their poor behavior. Initially, I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the house issue. But, after seeing the other complaints about them, it is starting to look more plausible that they are simply a pair of low-lifes that don’t care about anything other than themselves.

58. bobzilla1001 says: Oct 12, 2013 12:38 PM

finfan:
    I am NOT comparing Roethlisberger’s allegations to Haley’s. And I refuse to rehash Roethlisberger’s past behavior.
    The NFL saw fit to suspend him for 6 (lowered to 4) games without a dispute from Roethlisberger. That fact that Roethlisberger was willing to accept punishment, without a fight, tells me more than you possibly can. The allegations against Haley are minor in comparison.
    Here’s my point: Roethlisberger has whipped this entire region up into a frenzy about and against Haley. IMO The public and local media believe that by persecuting Haley, they are doing their beloved Big Ben a favor.
    Haley has zero chance of survival in an area that firmly believes the quarterback walks on water.

59. Deb says: Oct 12, 2013 10:02 PM

@bobzilla …

I vehemently defended Ben because the evidence showed not only that he didn’t commit the crimes, but that no crimes had been committed. I take sexual assault and false accusations seriously for my own reasons, and Roethlisberger’s cases aren’t the only ones in which I’ve gotten involved. But I never defended Ben’s personal behavior during those times. I was angry then and remain angry that he put himself in those situations. And it’s because of his dramas that I have less tolerance for Haley’s.

These aren’t new situations with Haley. We already know that–for whatever reason–he can’t seem to get along with his players. He had drama in Arizona and drama in Kansas City. A rat in his wife’s salad at McDonald’s? Like the person who prepared the salad wouldn’t have noticed a dead rat? The salads aren’t that big. They left their dogs with an unvetted kennel–one that was so irresponsible the dogs had to be removed from their home? Ben has made me weary. I don’t want anymore drama–not his, not Haleys. Yeah, winning makes drama easier to handle. We’re not winning. I want them both to go away.

60. sbchampsagain says: Oct 15, 2013 12:32 PM

Anyone else think something’s off the Haleys?

They appear to have more off-field problems than Pac Man Jones and Bryant McKinnie.

First the rat in the McDonalds food, then nude photos are leaked, then they are accused of trashing a rental house, now they alegedly stiff a dog walker $10 large.

What’s going on in the Haley house?

61. justashty says: Nov 3, 2013 7:52 PM

Deb,
    I totally agree with you. I have been a Steeler fan since 1968, and in all of these years my beloved team has never had this much drama, controversy, and scandal! I can’t believe Dan Rooney is letting this stuff go on and affect one of the greatest teams in the NFL! Art would have never put up with this stuff! Thank God he is not around to see what has happened to his beloved Steelers!