Adrian Peterson remains on track to play

Peterson AP

As Vikings running back Adrian Peterson continues to deal with a tragic personal situation, he continues to remain on track to play Sunday against the Panthers.

A source close to Peterson told PFT on Friday night that Peterson has not yet altered the intentions he expressed earlier in the day, before news emerged that his young son had died, the result of an alleged beating at the hands of the boy’s mother’s boyfriend.

Even better evidence that Peterson will play comes from the fact that the Vikings have not adjusted their injury report to list Peterson as questionable or doubtful or out.  He is listed as probable, which technically means there’s a virtual certainty Peterson will be available for normal duty.

In other words, he’s playing.

The decision is intensely personal, and it’s for Adrian Peterson and only Adrian Peterson to make.  It’s our understanding that the Vikings and Peterson have had the conversation regarding whether it’s in his best interests to assume the physical risks of football while dealing with the intense mental and emotional burdens of the past few days.

“I’m able to release a lot of stress through sports,” Peterson said on Friday afternoon.

It’s clear he has plenty of support among his teammates, and throughout the NFL.

“As an organization you really become a family,” linebacker Chad Greenway told Alex Marvez and Gil Brandt of SiriusXM NFL Radio.  “You become a group of men that [is] fighting for a common cause but obviously it goes over and above that.  We have family, we have people that they’re near and dear to us, and when something like that happens with a family member you tend to hold them close and protect them, and that’s what we’re trying to do with Adrian, and just be there for him in any way that we can.

“I’ve played with the man for seven years, and I’ve seen so many great things from him in different ways and different fields and different aspects of life.  And this is gonna be probably the most challenging thing he’s gonna deal with.  And we all know how he hits challenges head on, and he’s just gonna do it his way, and we’ll be there for support.”

Peterson has taken to Twitter to express appreciation for all the support he has received, and he’ll surely be receiving even more of it in the days to come.

We continue to wish Adrian Peterson and his family the best at this incredibly difficult time.

Permalink 96 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Carolina Panthers, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
96 Responses to “Adrian Peterson remains on track to play”
  1. britishraven says: Oct 12, 2013 8:28 AM

I would not want to be on the panthers defense tomorrow

2. orivar says: Oct 12, 2013 8:31 AM

“I’m able to release a lot of stress through sports,”

Oh god, right now I’d hate to be the Panthers. Crown of helmet rule (stupid rule anyways) is pretty much obsolete, he’s going to William Gay everybody.

3. fearthebengaltiger says: Oct 12, 2013 8:31 AM

as a father of young children, i cant imagine what hes going through….God bless adrian and i pray that you will get through this

4. skoobyfl says: Oct 12, 2013 8:34 AM

We all support you AP, whatever helps get you through this.

5. krypticking says: Oct 12, 2013 8:35 AM

Adrian Peterson has to do what’s best for Adrian Peterson. Some people need time off, others need distractions. Everyone grieves differently. I just know one thing, I don’t want to be the defender he releases his stress on…

6. ryann252013 says: Oct 12, 2013 8:38 AM

Adrian Peterson has turned into my favorite player and person in the NFL.

7. cowboys8819 says: Oct 12, 2013 8:41 AM

Go get em Adrian! Your little angel will be with you!

8. truvikingfan says: Oct 12, 2013 8:43 AM

I find myself at a loss for words. How anyone could do that to a child is beyond logic, and in turn, requires no logic to formulate a “just” punishment.

9. ninefingers9 says: Oct 12, 2013 8:47 AM

I would love…LOVE, just 30 seconds with the punk who did this! What a major Fing bummer!

10. golforepar says: Oct 12, 2013 8:49 AM

Whatever AP’s decision is, we are on your side Adrian! Your son, RIP!

11. zn0rseman says: Oct 12, 2013 8:50 AM

If I were a DB for the Panthers on Sunday I’m not sure how excited I would be about tackling AD when the likelihood of him having a ‘Waterboy’ type of game where every Panthers players face looks like the awful human being who killed his son.

Stress relief in the form of dishing out righteous amounts of retribution.

12. zeeman911 says: Oct 12, 2013 8:50 AM

If I had AP on my fantasy team I’d be starting him, he’s gonna flatten everybody this week!!!

13. mattjay0101 says: Oct 12, 2013 8:50 AM

Classless.

14. howiehandles says: Oct 12, 2013 8:54 AM

Hr must have been really tight with his son to not take the time to grieve. His secret child apparently wasn’t that important to him.

15. yourwhathurts says: Oct 12, 2013 9:01 AM

Unfortunately, TMZ is now reporting that Adrian meet the child for the first time on Thursday when the little guy was already on life-support. Apparently, according to the report on TMZ Adrian was only notified recently that he “could” be the father of this child and he had just made plans to go out to South Dakota and meet him. I know people are going to leave a bunch of snarky comments if this proves to be true, but how many of us men reading this story can say with one hundred percent certainty that we don’t have a child out there that we don’t know about? I am not trying to condone things like this or judge Adrian but there but for the grace of God goes a lot of us.

16. finfanluke says: Oct 12, 2013 9:03 AM

As a man and a father… my heart broke when I heard about this tragedy.. The first thing I felt was rage… rage from a father that would die for my family.. my seed.. my life. Words can not express the sorrow felt for Adrian.. I know that all the emotion inside of me says… just once.. let the rage win.. let that father pour his rage out on the disgusting filth that laid his hands on another man’s child.. Destroy him for breathing the same air.. for poisoning life with his waste of space. I pray for Adrian and his family.. for peace to overcome that rage.. that hatred that I know I would feel if I had to endure this. As a father I will die before anyone hurts my child.. as a man.. I will hurt that this was not prevented.

17. simonwelds says: Oct 12, 2013 9:04 AM

Just leave the guy alone right now… Media should take a step back

18. jcmeyer10 says: Oct 12, 2013 9:06 AM

I’m usually one for Hamarabi’s law type stuff but I believe the punishment should be for AP to get as many shots as he wants running down field with that sick man 5 yards from the line of scrimmage.

19. sclazo says: Oct 12, 2013 9:09 AM

Dude take time off to bury and remorse for your child. No one would think any less of you. Family is more important. I honestly would want vengeance big time, but the lord says vengeance is his.

20. 700levelvet says: Oct 12, 2013 9:10 AM

This tragedy is just too sad for words….

21. sirsupersouthern says: Oct 12, 2013 9:12 AM

I don’t even like my friends and family to know I have small problems, I can’t imagine what it must be like having the entire country focused on you during a MAJOR crisis like this.

You just know the media is going to constantly harp on it leading up to, during, and after the game, no matter how well or poorly he performs. It’s not even gonna be about football, all the attention is going to be focused on Peterson. Even national media that normally ignores football.

The amount of stress and pressure is inconceivable. Throw in grief, and I don’t see how anybody could possibly play in a football game.

If he does play, what kind of precedent does that set for other players going forward? Will it ever be OK to miss a game for personal problems if AP plays after his son got killed?

I didn’t think the NFL could get any crazier after the Aaron Hernandez case(s), and yet it has…

22. mybrunoblog says: Oct 12, 2013 9:14 AM

Oh geez. I understand everyone grieves in their own way but I can’t imagine going to work 2 days after losing a son.

23. jwil444 says: Oct 12, 2013 9:14 AM

This is a tragic/bizarre story, while it’s clearly his decision to play, I personally find his decision to play in a football game an odd one.

24. wayupsouth says: Oct 12, 2013 9:19 AM

Judge not and thou shalt not be judged. Sorry to go all King James on y’all, but we don’t know what all is going on with this whole situation. Even if I did, or thought I did, I would be VERY APPREHENSIVE about judging somebody I don’t know regarding info I’m getting second hand. Prayers for everybody involved.

25. calvinhobbes5000 says: Oct 12, 2013 9:27 AM

As a Packer fan, I fondly remember the way Brett Favre lit up the Oakland Raiders the day after his father died. Losing a son has to be worse than losing a father, although I’m fortunate enough to not have had to experience either. I hope A.P. is able to have a similar game this weekend. A record setting rushing day may not make the tragedy go away, but hopefully it will help him think about something else, even if only for three hours.

26. vikesfansteve says: Oct 12, 2013 9:28 AM

The sick bastard hit the kid in the head with a lead pipe.

27. calvinhobbes5000 says: Oct 12, 2013 9:29 AM

As for the reports on Peterson not having met the kid, he just found out the kid was his a short while ago, and had made plans to go out to South Dakota and meet him. Peterson may have done the right thing and turned out to be a great father. Unfortunately, now we’ll never know.

28. billh1947 says: Oct 12, 2013 9:32 AM

One post said that he just met his son and didnt know about him until recently,that I can believe is true by his decision to still play after his sons death,any father who loses a son he loves is totally devastated and in shock,work would be the last thing he thinks about.would he play if it was one of his other children that he is closer too,that would be supremely hard to do or out of the question.

29. koreystringerswidow says: Oct 12, 2013 9:37 AM

Tragedy. Again.

30. packerenglishmajor says: Oct 12, 2013 9:37 AM

Everyone grieves in their own way.
    No one but the griever knows how they feel.

If you’re not the one in pain, best to just give the griever room.

31. piano4t says: Oct 12, 2013 9:39 AM

First of all Adrian Peterson public asked for privacy about this personal matter. That should be respected. And second if anyone knows about AP he had encounter his fair share of tragedy in the past. Football gets him through these times. Don’t judge him support his decisions !

32. bobzilla1001 says: Oct 12, 2013 9:39 AM

If anything fatal were to happen to my son, I’d be a complete basket case and going to work would be the last thing on my mind. I have to believe that Peterson didn’t have a close a relationship with his son. There’s no other explanation.

33. thepvyharvin says: Oct 12, 2013 9:42 AM

As normal humans (unlike the slime that did this) we all have our own coping mechanisms. Get off AD’s back some of you. Is sitting alone mad at the world going to bring back his child? No. His Viking brothers are there for him now, he is blessed to have such a strong support system when many people would have none. Playing football IS what AD does….let him have a bit of normalcy on Sunday without judging!

34. navis97 says: Oct 12, 2013 9:48 AM

So the first time AP met his child was when he was on life support. What is wrong with this world? All the comments about supporting AP. Did he really even care? He never even met this poor child before.

35. kingpel says: Oct 12, 2013 9:49 AM

If the reports are true and he didn’t have any sort of relationship with the child it makes sense that he would just go about his business as usual. The whole situation is tragic but there is no sense in him pretending to be distraught if he is not. Strap em’ on and beat the Panthers.

My prayers go out to the mother of that child who I am certain will not be going about her normal daily activities any time soon.

36. keltictim says: Oct 12, 2013 9:56 AM

I gotta believe him playing is a result of having just learned about the child that from my understanding came about after a one night stand. Having no emotional connection to the mother and not really having a chance to develop one with his son surely has played into his decision. The publicity hit he’s gonna take for playing he might not want to play

37. lagg1 says: Oct 12, 2013 9:57 AM

Pray for Adrian and his child-I for one would not be able to function if this happened to one of my children. Allow Peterson to express his grief and honor his child anyway he wishes.

38. packerbackernj says: Oct 12, 2013 9:58 AM

What a terrible tragedy. Just plain disgusting. Smh.

39. jbeagles23 says: Oct 12, 2013 10:02 AM

There’s one place ap knows he can be himself and that’s the football field. If his choice is to sit at home and cry or be on the field with people very close to him it makes sense for him to play. Remember football is a game. It’s fun. For three hours hell get to have fun rather than constantly thinki about how disappointed he is

40. hobbie8046 says: Oct 12, 2013 10:03 AM

Before I say this, of course it is an awful situation. I am in no way demeaning what the child went through.

However…

Why all of this praise for AP? What did he do to deserve it? There are multiple reports out now that he just met the child for the first time on its death bed. Not exactly father of the year. If anything, he has done everything the wrong way.

41. bnwillard says: Oct 12, 2013 10:05 AM

All due respect to Peterson, but he doesn’t seem very upset. Was he involved in this poor childs life at all.

42. outlawshark says: Oct 12, 2013 10:05 AM

Anybody else have that nasty feeling we aren’t done with twists to this story?

43. sayingthetruthperiod says: Oct 12, 2013 10:09 AM

Peterson found out the kid was his back in March. He never met him until thursday? Yeah….

Peterson is playing because he doesnt care. Class act my azz

44. piano4t says: Oct 12, 2013 10:09 AM

Obviously ignorance warps your minds. Ap is play shut your big mouth. Respect his privacy. He is not a murder

45. sayingthetruthperiod says: Oct 12, 2013 10:11 AM

btw the girl he had the kid with was apparently a FWB that he would see here and there. While cheating on another girl also.

46. sayingthetruthperiod says: Oct 12, 2013 10:12 AM

Peterson doesnt deserve cheers.
    He deserves boos.

Left his sons deathbed to go to practice on Friday. What a doosh

47. pfic15 says: Oct 12, 2013 10:15 AM

@your what hurts…I can say with 100% assurance I don’t have any kids I don’t know about out there. Regardless of what you think its not the norm. These aren’t puppies.

48. wearethesteelers says: Oct 12, 2013 10:23 AM

We LOL’d

49. thepvyharvin says: Oct 12, 2013 10:23 AM

WOW…and I thought football exposed the the ignorance of the world on here. Get a horrible real life issue that happened to a good man and the real loonies come out. Nice to see so many perfect people. Judges,critics and Saints. From thumbs downing well wishes and casting stones at AD I’m pretty sure there are many messed up people on Earth. And these are just the football fans! Help us all….

50. sayingthetruthperiod says: Oct 12, 2013 10:32 AM

Oh get a clue and stop the blind hero worship.

Peterson was eating lunch posing for pictures smiling for the camera THURSDAY IN SIOUX FALLS. Yeah he was real broken up. Sarcasm btw.

51. chiadam says: Oct 12, 2013 10:36 AM

I don’t really care if he plays or doesn’t play. We’re so busy rushing to praise Peterson (for reasons I still cannot figure out, since he did not know the child and left him lying in a hospital to go practice football) that we’re burying the lead. An infant was killed by a demented monster. That’s the story, not what poor Adrian Peterson will do for your fantasy teams.

52. weekendatberniemadoffs says: Oct 12, 2013 10:37 AM

If you are expecting him to run all over the Panthers D, think again.

53. rahavort says: Oct 12, 2013 10:42 AM

Unbelievable…I felt like a wall hit me when I read that his son passed away. Can’t even imagine what he is going through right now but he is going to be even more of a BEAST when they play the Panthers. No question I am watching that game. Thoughts and prayers go out to AP and his family during this tragic time.

54. flexx91 says: Oct 12, 2013 10:45 AM

hobbie8046 says:
    Oct 12, 2013 10:03 AM
    However…

___________________________________

That’s what’s wrong with the people in this country today. You perception of the type of father AP is based on reports without knowing this man or his familty personally. You must be one shallow individual……..

55. dartwick says: Oct 12, 2013 10:49 AM

No one is focusing on the sad unpleasant basic truth behind this tragic story.

The players culpability for the unpleasant results of irresponsible relations and the resulting children.

56. outlawshark says: Oct 12, 2013 10:49 AM

Peterson is on the cover of the latest Madden NFL 25. Just sayin…

57. papichulo55 says: Oct 12, 2013 10:54 AM

This is happening all over our country, every day. People here on this blog are lining up to judge or defend Adrian, but the real effort should be to refocus on Child Abuse, and what each one of us can do to help. How many people witnessed this little angel being abused and said nothing? That ‘Dont Snitch’ mentality crosses all parts of our society, and we can all take this time to learn the signs of abuse and what to do when we think something aint right.

58. donnymacjack says: Oct 12, 2013 10:56 AM

Even speculating on whether he plays or not, is in poor taste. Leave it alone and let him do whatever is right for him.

59. sayingthetruthperiod says: Oct 12, 2013 11:03 AM

Ill bet he didnt even want to go see the kid. He had a year to do it and never did.

60. usdcoyotesfan says: Oct 12, 2013 11:09 AM

Apparently, Peterson didn’t meet his son until he was in the hospital. I’m starting to lose sympathy for him.

61. polapea says: Oct 12, 2013 11:21 AM

I’m sure AP is all broken up about losing a child he didn’t know, he didn’t take care of and basically had nothing to do with. AP is just like every other dirtbag sperm donor in this country that doesn’t take care of their kids.
    Pray for those that loved and cared for the child, not AP.

62. polapea says: Oct 12, 2013 11:24 AM

flexx91 says: Oct 12, 2013 10:45 AM

hobbie8046 says:
    Oct 12, 2013 10:03 AM
    However…

___________________________________

———————————————–
    Actually what’s wrong with this country is there are too many “men” like AP running around knocking up women and ignoring their responsibilities.
    Shallow? What’s more shallow than denying / ignoring your own child?

63. sayingthetruthperiod says: Oct 12, 2013 11:27 AM

After he met the child he then promptly walked out the door and returned to the team. I have no sympathy for him. I have much for the innocent boy.

64. roadtrip3500 says: Oct 12, 2013 11:36 AM

If Frazier understands how to seize the moment, he sends AP out alone for the coin toss.

65. thundastormz says: Oct 12, 2013 11:45 AM

What a terrible excuse for a father. I hope the panthers break his leg and ruin his career. Its so sad that he cares more about his personal rushing record than he does his son’s life/death.

66. sayingthetruthperiod says: Oct 12, 2013 11:50 AM

33= Amount of Weeks Peterson had to meet his child

0= Amount of times Peterson met him

Less than 24= Amount of hours Peterson spent with his dying child

67. watermelon1 says: Oct 12, 2013 11:51 AM

Good luck to whenever tries to tackle this man tomorrow. He can’t be held responsible for whatever damage he dishes out on that field.

If you thought he ran with an anger before… WATCH OUT!

68. sirthorazine says: Oct 12, 2013 11:53 AM

Hate to be “that guy” but, how the hell do you even consider playing in a football game at a time like this. As a parent, it makes no sense to me at all.

69. flexx91 says: Oct 12, 2013 11:56 AM

Shallow? What’s more shallow than denying / ignoring your own child
    ___________________________________
    “Shallow” is correct. The sensitivity is this situation is the fact that a precious two year old is dead and the talk is AP’s involvement in the child’s life based solely on what being read in the media. The focus now should be on making sure that animal who killed this child gets what he truly deserves and maybe even the mother for putting her child in harm’s way. Yes, that is very shallow…….

70. peytonsneck18 says: Oct 12, 2013 11:59 AM

im sorry, but there is no way i would even be fit to do anything after i lost my young son, i would still be in sorrow and a deep state of depression, anybody that has kids and love them unconditionally knows what im talking about, this is kinda strange, i dont get it….

71. kd75 says: Oct 12, 2013 12:03 PM

Hate to be callous but this kid was a stranger to A.P.

He never met him, didn’t even know he existed until a couple months ago.

It isn;t like A.P was in the delivery room holding her hand during the birth and was the first to hold him as a newborn.

He took a blood test for some chick he had a one night stand with and agreed to send child support. She didn’t even know who the father was so she had all the dudes she was sleeping with at the time and hit the lottery when it turned out to be a millionaire.

There was no emotional attachment to this “son”

72. sayingthetruthperiod says: Oct 12, 2013 12:27 PM

Peterson is a turd

73. vegasgreek says: Oct 12, 2013 12:29 PM

GO PACK GO ! I’m praying they win the NFC North again.

74. dartwick says: Oct 12, 2013 12:38 PM

papichulo55 says: Oct 12, 2013 10:54 AM

Ummmm
    Dont you think the protection of children is first and foremost the responsibility of the childs parents?

You can whine about how many random people didnt step in – but what about the absentee father.

75. truvikingfan says: Oct 12, 2013 12:44 PM

It really sickens me now that soooo many people here “think” they are “in the know”. Were any of you there “behind closed doors” in his conversations with this woman? Where do you get your info from, a tabloid TV show? C’mon people, get real!

What’s even worse, is the attention is being paid somewhere other than where it should be……A CHILD IS DEAD! All because of some a**hole who couldn’t control his temper. That’s where the attention should be!

As for AP, unless you were there, or got your info from someplace other than TMZ, stop acting like “you know”!

76. j0esixpack says: Oct 12, 2013 12:50 PM

There’s no right or wrong here. If it helps him to play, he should play.

77. siaaa says: Oct 12, 2013 1:05 PM

the only person to feel sorry for in this case is the child who lost his precious life. he was beaten to death by a low life trash of a man who was living with his low life trash of a mother that happened to have had a one night stand some 3 years ago with another trash of a man who does not have the brains to realize that having unprotected sex with some trash can have very serious consequences that include STD’s and pregnancy and sometimes both. Trash is what trash eats. Peterson, even if he is the father has no more connection to this child than you and I. That makes it very easy to play on Sunday. so stop making a hero out of this guy.
    just take a minute and pray for the child.

78. kd75 says: Oct 12, 2013 1:13 PM

@siaaa I wish I could give two thumbs up…

79. granadafan says: Oct 12, 2013 1:19 PM

A child is dead at the hands of someone who needs to be strapped to an electrical chair or be beaten with the same lead pipe he used to kill the child.

Whether or not AD even had a relationship with the kid, the real story is that some turd killed a child.

80. pizzon says: Oct 12, 2013 1:39 PM

I guess if he plays and has a big gm the media will say he did it to honor his dead child, I myself would say they had nothing to do with it considering he probably had no relationship with the child in the first place. most of these guys could care less they are about themselves. with that said this is very sad and hopefully the person responsible is charged with something other than child endangerment, afterall he did kill this kid.

81. bajagopher says: Oct 12, 2013 1:55 PM

Adrian Peterson, NFL 2014 “Father of the Year”.
    A shining example of parenthood for others to follow.

82. dartwick says: Oct 12, 2013 2:02 PM

truvikingfan says: Oct 12, 2013 12:44 PM

Peterson fathered kid who he had never saw.
    The kid was murdered by a person who was living with him or regularly around him.

Isnt that enough?

83. 2difshoe says: Oct 12, 2013 2:03 PM

The use of a condom by AP, would have eliminated the condemnation.

Walking out on your child’s while on his deathbed, leaves one to only conclude there was no emotional connection…sad for the child who never truly had a chance, as his father will go about his business and play the game of football, and the reality for the mother, to bury the child and grieve.

SMH

84. theblowtorchreview says: Oct 12, 2013 2:36 PM

AP is proving he is still part of the “community” that creates out of wedlock children who are usually forgotten.

He’s a great football player but I wouldnt call him a great person or a great father.

85. sasquash20 says: Oct 12, 2013 2:50 PM

2 Years old with a whole life to live. That monster will get his in jail. I never liked kids until I became a father. Now I love kids. For all that they represent. Joy and happiness over simple things. My daughter has been by far the best thing to ever happen to me. I just can’t understand how someone could do that to a child. Before my daughter was born, I was in my own self absorbing world. And I still never considered hurting a child.

I’ll say this- If he found out in March that he had a son and didn’t meet the kid until now that is just horrible. If that is the case. But we don’t know the mothers situation. She may not have wanted AP to be a part of the kids life. I had a friend who had a kid he didn’t know about.( He had a one night stand. Which isn’t illegal, and ones right to do so.) One day the girl just showed up with the baby. She said she didn’t want him to do anything. And he foolishly went along with that. Really made me question him as a man. But we don’t really know all the facts, and not sure if we will ever get all the facts.

Also athletes have women who throw themselves at the athletes. You just don’t know the whole set of facts. So judging AP is foolish until you do know the facts.

86. thestrategyexpert says: Oct 12, 2013 3:03 PM

Adrian Peterson would be the last guy in pro sports to miss a game on account of something like this. When he was in college I can remember so many people complaining about the concerns of injury and wear and tear on his body, but my reviews led me to conclude this might be the most resilient football player you have ever seen. Injury sminjury, this guy is a beast amongst beasts and nothing is going to stop him from competing at football. I mean absolutely nothing.

87. sayingthetruthperiod says: Oct 12, 2013 3:24 PM

Peterson only went to the hospital to sign donor papers

88. theblowtorchreview says: Oct 12, 2013 3:31 PM

“Injury sminjury, this guy is a beast amongst beasts and nothing is going to stop him from competing at football. I mean absolutely nothing.”

=====================================

Especially a kid who he apparently didnt know and didnt have anything to do with (other than providing the baby batter)

89. koreystringerswidow says: Oct 12, 2013 3:35 PM

This franchise is cursed.

90. gcounterman says: Oct 12, 2013 3:35 PM

I get the child out of wedlock comments and such, but it sounds like AP basically just found out the kid was actually his and that this discovery was likely the catalyst for the horrific event that followed.

Whether or not what I said is valid, who knows… I know no facts here.

Let’s not get too judgmental though, none of us will know the true story til it comes out.

91. steelcurtainn says: Oct 12, 2013 3:38 PM

His son dies and he plays…..scratching my head on that one….There is no reason to play football after a tragedy like this.

92. grimmiz says: Oct 12, 2013 5:48 PM

Why are people questioning his decision to play? People grieve different football is away for him to cope. And this is a direct cut from tmz about him just meeting his child for all that might try to bash the man. “We’re told … when Adrian was first informed about the matter, he didn’t question the possibility he was the dad — but rather asked how he could help the situation.

Sources tell us … a few weeks ago, A.P. started to plan a trip to South Dakota to meet the child for the first time and he was supposed to fly out later this month.

But when he heard the news about the attack on the 2-year-old, Peterson dropped everything and jetted over to Sioux Falls as soon as he could.” To me he was doing the right right thing but some ****** took the life of a innocent child before he got the chance to RIP to the Lil man. And I hope the burn that man at the stake!

93. truvikingfan says: Oct 12, 2013 6:58 PM

A couple of others have stated my point. I can damn near guarantee none of us were there, or heard any phone conversations. Nobody knows what agreements were made. None of us knows, for a fact, (and if you do, prove it), what the mothers intentions were regarding AP’s knowledge of the child. To claim anything else is a complete falsehood.

Let the man cope with this the best way he knows, for himself, and his family.

94. papichulo55 says: Oct 12, 2013 7:07 PM

@Dartwick, you are missing the point. All priorities are secondary to saving lives. Addressing Root Causes is important, and necessary, and should pursued. If I witnessed your 12 year old daughter being assaulted in the Mall, I will not shake my head in disgust that she fell prey to a devil while she was unsupervised. Trust that I would man-up and fight for yours as if she were mine. If you want folks to form or join Outreach groups helping young males be responsible fathers, thats cool too. But save the babies first.

95. toosano says: Oct 12, 2013 8:29 PM

Not to be insensitive but Peterson not only didn’t know the child existed but had never seen him before.
    He’s a stand up guy to do what he has done for the family so far but I can understand him playing. He was never emotionally invested in the child.

96. skins1970 says: Oct 12, 2013 9:19 PM

Maybe playing is the best way of him coping with what happen. People deal with this grief in different ways I don’t have a problem with him playing.