Look for Lynch to play Thursday night

Lynch Getty Images

With Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch missing practice on Tuesday due to a hip injury that caused him to miss practice on Friday even though he was somehow questionable for reasons unrelated to injury, don’t count him out for Thursday night.

“If he’s breathing, he’s playing,” a league source said Wednesday afternoon.

The final practice report for Thursday night’s game between Arizona and Seattle has yet to be issued, so it’s unclear which label will be applied to Lynch.  Barring a fatal event in the next 30 hours, look for Lynch to play.

Permalink 22 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Home, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks
22 Responses to “Look for Lynch to play Thursday night”
  1. ingraven says: Oct 16, 2013 2:10 PM

Can Marshawn Lynch PLEASE truck those EXTRMELY BORING commentators from Thursday Night Football? As if the games on Thursday night aren’t boring enough, Mike Mayock & (Insert Other Guy’s Name Here) make them worse with their monotone/boring commentary.

2. swaggyy says: Oct 16, 2013 2:20 PM

Of course he will play. He always misses practice. That’s what happens when you go full BEAST MODE every Sunday

3. azarkhan says: Oct 16, 2013 2:21 PM

What a great trade by the Seahawks, getting Lynch from the Bills for a 4th and 5th pick.

4. rublestiltzkin says: Oct 16, 2013 2:23 PM

If marshawn lynch could block for marshawn lynch, marshawn lynch would have 200+ yards every game. He wouldn’t ever NOT be in Beast Mode. Go Hawks!!!

5. largent80 says: Oct 16, 2013 2:23 PM

You guys aren’t giving Lynch enough credit. Even if he does get a fatal in the next 30 hours, at worst he’d probably get listed as questionable. :)

6. swaggyy says: Oct 16, 2013 2:23 PM

Ingraven, I couldn’t agree more. They make the game so boring and bring no excitement. Its almost depressing. Why the games even on NFL network? No one likes that. Not that many people can watch it. Put the game on NBC or CBS or something! Cmon man!

7. jayniner says: Oct 16, 2013 2:25 PM

Well, at least there’s parody in fantasy football.

A die-hard 49ers fan drafting Lynch in the first round and Gore in the second round?
    (slowly raising my hand)

8. ingraven says: Oct 16, 2013 2:28 PM

swaggyy, yea man. my wife & I recently switched cable providers and dont have NFL Network anymore,but we KNOW we arent missing ANYTHING when it comes to those games. even when I watched my own team on Thursday Night Football I found myself getting really bored with the game and just waiting for it to finally be over.

9. grabgrabgrab says: Oct 16, 2013 2:29 PM

Time to feed the beast some Skittles, cuz he’s going to run wild.

10. rgwhodey says: Oct 16, 2013 2:31 PM

@ingraven

if you don’t like the match ups on Thursday night then don’t watch… If you think all the Thursday night games are boring then it sounds to me like you aren’t a football fan and probably only watch for your fantasy team…

Mayock is actually a pretty good commentator in my opinion and I believe the name you are looking for is Nessler who has been on nfl network for the past 3 seasons I believe and does a ton of college games as well…

11. clssylssy says: Oct 16, 2013 2:34 PM

….AND, the NFL is on board to bring us INCREASED Thursday night games…as if they can’t kill the sport fast enough with all the rule changes and dumbing it down!

12. cheapglazers says: Oct 16, 2013 2:34 PM

Why is their a football game on Thursday night? It is not Thanksgiving.

13. kidsamoa260 says: Oct 16, 2013 2:56 PM

I saw Chuck Norris wearing a Marshawn Lynch jersey.

14. circuscivics says: Oct 16, 2013 3:06 PM

Just wanted to comment on what ingraven stated about the monotone analysis and play-by-play guys. I love football so much I can watch game with the sound off, but I must admit that the commentators having chemistry and displaying some excitement would enhance the game viewing experience. My suggestion. The NFL should look into either poaching Gus Johnson from FOX, or since FOX and NFLN aren’t direct competitors, if his contract allow offer him some $ to do the Thursday night on NFLN. Although, I seriously doubt FOX would go for it since you never know what Good Ole Goodell has up his sleeves.

15. thebirdofprey2 says: Oct 16, 2013 3:13 PM

I watch a bunch of football and Mike Mayock is hands down the best analyst on TV. He breaks down the game and is unbiased which is very rare these days.

Listening to guys on Sunday Night, there was no substance to pre-game, in game and post game. It was the post Manning Colts so it was a Peyton Manning love fest. I actually like the guy.

16. blackfootkiller says: Oct 16, 2013 3:14 PM

So he missed practice…

BeastMode is ready to SMASH! the puny redbirds!

Go Hawks!

17. shotgunwilly2012 says: Oct 16, 2013 3:18 PM

Practice? You talking about Practice? C’mon man… we’re talking about practice. Practice? Man, I give 100% whenever I play a game! Practice? You talking about Practice? C’mon man! AI

18. iced107 says: Oct 16, 2013 3:22 PM

jayniner says:
    Oct 16, 2013 2:25 PM
    Well, at least there’s parody in fantasy football.

(slowly raising my hand)
    ———————————————————————–

And as a Ram fan, I knew to stay away from both backs..gettin’ up there in age and a bit of fragile – usually will miss a few games..

but hey I’m happy with Lesean Mccoy, CJ Spiller,and Reggie Bush..brees at qb too

19. kuranda84 says: Oct 16, 2013 3:23 PM

There is no theory of evolution…just a list of animals that Marshawn allows to live.

20. ninerswilldominatelikebefore says: Oct 16, 2013 3:29 PM

he’s in P.E.D HEAVEN oh excuse me skittles. Marshawn “Dave Chappelle”lynch will play on thursday..

21. horsepedlr says: Oct 16, 2013 3:45 PM

just sandbaggin. hope the cards squash is ass

22. assuredmutualdestruction says: Oct 16, 2013 4:04 PM

jayniner says:Oct 16, 2013 2:25 PM

Well, at least there’s parody in fantasy football.

(slowly raising my hand)
    ——————————————————–

Lol…I hear you, man. I got Vernon Davis on my team (Beast) and Larry Fitz (on the bench this week in favor of Andre Johnson). It’s hard to overlook a player when they fall right in your lap.