Alameda Ta’amu fined $10,000 for stepping on Alex Boone’s face

Alameda Ta'amu, Calais Campbell AP

After a skirmish between Cardinals defensive tackle Alameda Ta’amu and 49ers offensive lineman Alex Boone, Boone went to the sideline screaming, “He kicked me in the f–king face.” The league office was just as unhappy with Ta’amu as Boone was.

Ta’amu was fined $10,000 for stepping on Boone’s face. That’s more than the $7,875 Boone was fined for hitting Ta’amu before that.

Also fined for an incident in the Cardinals-49ers game was Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, whose pay was docked $7,875 for tackling 49ers running back Kendall Hunter deep in the end zone after Hunter had already scored a touchdown. Mathieu was flagged for that cheap shot, and 49ers receiver Anquan Boldin was flagged for retaliating against Mathieu, but the NFL did not fine Boldin.

Cardinals defensive end Darnell Dockett was fined $7,875 for a late hit against the 49ers, and 49ers tackle Anthony Davis was fined $15,750 for an illegal block in the back against the Cardinals.

Permalink 16 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Home, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers
16 Responses to “Alameda Ta’amu fined $10,000 for stepping on Alex Boone’s face”
  1. jeffnfl says: Oct 19, 2013 10:20 AM

BREAKING NEWS: 6 days later.

2. goldrush36 says: Oct 19, 2013 10:21 AM

National fine league

3. superg2 says: Oct 19, 2013 10:28 AM

Fines are not the answer, need to suspend players. Even if it is for partial games.

4. melikefootball says: Oct 19, 2013 10:36 AM

Anything for a buck in the NFL league office. Each year since 2010 the sixth game when God-del started going after the fine trail I have found myself less and less interested in the NFL. I have been a huge fan of the NFL since 1962 , have the room of my teams stuff and all that but I have just got totally fed up of where the league office is taking the game in the name of entertainment and not football as a game.

5. dlions8708 says: Oct 19, 2013 10:45 AM

So let me get this straight…Suh is suspended 2 games for stepping on a guys arm, but this guy only gets $10k for stepping on a guys FACE? Wow, I guess I just always thought the face was more important than an arm, but what do I know? I also thought having two feet inbounds and a buttcheek was a Touchdown too, but Calvin proved that wrong too.

6. hess97 says: Oct 19, 2013 11:18 AM

The league hates the niners. Thats why Matthews gets a slap on the wrist for attempted murder of Kaepernick. The second coming of Albert Haynsworth gets a measley ten grand fine for stepping on a niners face. This is absolutely ridiculous. And I wonder if A Gurode would have gotten fined 7 G’s for being upset about his face getting booted?

7. osiris33 says: Oct 19, 2013 11:30 AM

“The league hates the niners”

Give me a break. Look at your cushy schedule. Try being the Seahawks. They have to beat the other team plus 6 zebras and a stacked schedule every week.

8. mantastic54 says: Oct 19, 2013 11:36 AM

So in the leagues eyes, brandon Marshall wearing green shoes is equivalent to stepping on a guys face.

9. pens5829 says: Oct 19, 2013 12:15 PM

Another drunken roid-rage? How is this guy not in jail?

10. bluntsmokinskinsfan says: Oct 19, 2013 12:21 PM

In other news I was fined $1.46 for calling someone mean names

11. beastmode5150 says: Oct 19, 2013 12:53 PM

Go Dawgs.

12. drone501 says: Oct 19, 2013 1:14 PM

this guy could have easily been shot by the pittsburgh police. they showed much restraint while he was barelling towards them in a road rage incident. a bad apple.

13. ghjjf says: Oct 19, 2013 1:39 PM

Now we know how the NFL is going to pay for the concussion lawsut settlement.

14. bayballtim says: Oct 19, 2013 3:24 PM

osiris33 says:
    Oct 19, 2013 11:30 AM
    “The league hates the niners”

4 49
    ———————————————

The Seahawks have 2 free wins from referees in the last couple years.
    Your opponents are a combined 13-20.

People like you are why Seahawks fans have a reputation for being so ignorant about football.

15. thelastpieceofcheese says: Oct 19, 2013 3:28 PM

Alex Bone is a pansy for crying “he kick my head.”

16. fluiddarkness says: Oct 19, 2013 6:36 PM

Everyone thinking the NFL is getting rich off the fines: Read this once and for all –

Fine money goes to charity, not the league’s pockets.