Dolphins promote Isaako Aaitui from practice squad

Isaako Aaitui AP

The Dolphins signed nose tackle Isaako Aaitui from their practice squad on Saturday, the club said.

Aaitui, 26, was signed to the Dolphins’ practice squad on Sept. 17. He had a stint with the Saints earlier this year.

Aaitui signed with the Dolphins as a undrafted free agent in 2011 and spent most of the campaign on the club’s practice squad. He played collegiately at UNLV.

The Dolphins now have all 53 roster spots filled in advance of Sunday’s game against Buffalo.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill
6 Responses to “Dolphins promote Isaako Aaitui from practice squad”
  1. latinlover11 says: Oct 19, 2013 10:52 PM

The guitar guy from Hard Knocks?

Tui is a good player, did really well in the 2012 preseason for the Dolphins that year. But they had a stacked D-line and got caught up in the numbers game. Jets claim him, he tears his ACL and MCL during a practice. The Jets release, then signs with the Saints, was one of the final cuts again this season. The Dolphins resigned him on week 3 to their practice squad.

Now his story comes full circle by making it on the 53. I’m rooting for him.

2. shaundolphinsfan23 says: Oct 20, 2013 12:29 AM

I don’t know much about him. I hope he does well. I wish he played on the offensive line, though. That’s where we need the help.

3. billybenoitlsu says: Oct 20, 2013 1:27 AM

I was a big fan of this guy during the Saints training camp he was a very solid player. I was sad to see him get cut. Glad hes back with the Dolphins. He’s going to play well I believe.

4. phinfan527 says: Oct 20, 2013 6:38 AM

Let’s hope Buffalo gets to meet him the hard way!!

5. cantonbound13 says: Oct 20, 2013 6:50 AM

Can someone let Jeff Ireland know the problem is on the offensive line.

6. thehawg says: Oct 20, 2013 10:03 AM

Signing an offensive lineman off the street is not going to help the Dolphins. The coaches need to call more screens and draw plays. Other teams defense seem to know when a running play is coming, Tanneyhill plays best when he is scrambling.