Jason Pierre-Paul, Brandon Jacobs questionable for Giants

New York Giants v Chicago Bears Getty Images

Giants running back Brandon Jacobs (hamstring) did not practice on Saturday and has been designated as questionable for Monday’s game against the Vikings on the injury report.

Defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul (illness) is also questionable after missing practice for a second straight day.

With David Wilson (neck) and Andre Brown (leg) sidelined, Jacobs is the Giants’ top back. Peyton Hillis and Michael Cox are the Giants’ other tailbacks.

Pierre-Paul has 15 tackles and one sack this season. He missed much of the offseason with back surgery.

The Giants have officially ruled out Wilson and cornerback Jayron Hosley (hamstring) for Monday. Tight end Adrien Robinson (foot) and safety Cooper Taylor (shoulder) are questionable. Center David Baas (neck) and cornerback Terrell Thomas (knee) are probable.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Giants, Rumor Mill
7 Responses to “Jason Pierre-Paul, Brandon Jacobs questionable for Giants”
  1. Mr. Wright 212 says: Oct 19, 2013 4:35 PM

JP needs to sit. He is not helping himself nor the team being a sitting goose out there.

2. serkeljerks says: Oct 19, 2013 5:24 PM

It is almost neck-snapping bad just how bad the Giants are. This is incredible. I don’t think I recall a team nose diving so fast and so hard in so short of a time.

3. killface4prez says: Oct 19, 2013 6:31 PM

If the giants don’t give Cox an extended look this Sunday they are insane. You know what Hillis is… And Jacobs for that matter. Season is over already. See what you have in Cox.

4. Mr. Wright 212 says: Oct 19, 2013 6:45 PM

They won’t, although I fully agree with you, killface. Not playing rookies is part of why the Giants have all these wild swings in success and mediocrity as guys age out under Coughlin.

5. arwiv says: Oct 19, 2013 7:46 PM

Are there actually any Giants fans who are rooting for this team to win at this point with Clowney in the draft next year? Sit everybody.

6. chicagogiantsfan says: Oct 19, 2013 9:00 PM

arwiv says:
    Oct 19, 2013 7:46 PM
    ———————————————————
    Can’t speak for all Giants fans, so I’ll just speak for myself. At this point, it doesn’t really matter. I won’t EVER root for them to lose, but if they do and can get a true difference-maker (or two) in next years draft, I can deal with it. So it’s a win-win for me. If they win or if they lose, I can justify it in my mind.

7. Mr. Wright 212 says: Oct 19, 2013 9:26 PM

We are not allowed to complain inside of 5 years of winning a title, so whatever they have to do to replenish the roster, then so be it.