Giants get first victory easily over hapless Vikings

Minnesota Vikings v New York Giants Getty Images

Eli Manning completed 23 of 39 passes for 200 yards and a touchdown and didn’t throw an interception for the first time this season as the New York Giants picked up their first victory of the year 23-7 over the Vikings on Monday night.

Meanwhile, the Josh Freeman era in Minnesota is off to a rocky start.

Minnesota didn’t score offensively against a team that entered the game allowing a league-worst 34.8 points per game. Marcus Sherels 86-yard punt return touchdown was the only score of the night for the Vikings. Adrian Peterson carried just 13 times for 28 yards while Freeman threw 53 passes for a team he’s been a part of for less than two weeks.

Needless to say, the result wasn’t pretty for the Vikings.

Freeman completed just 20 of those 53 passes for 190 yards with an interception. His passer rating for the night finished a lowly 40.6.

Josh Brown kicked three field goals for the Giants and Manning connected on a 24-yard touchdown pass to Reuben Randle in the second quarter. Peyton Hillis also added a 1-yard touchdown run in his first game with the Giants as Brandon Jacobs and David Wilson were sidelined with injuries.

Not surprisingly for two teams entering the night with just one combined victory, the game was sloppy. There were five fumbles combined and just 463 yards of combined offense.

Permalink 203 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, New York Giants, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
203 Responses to “Giants get first victory easily over hapless Vikings”
  1. The Savant Chronicles says: Oct 21, 2013 11:59 PM

The way Freeman was throwing the ball tonight, you’d think Lennay Kukua was playing receiver for the Vikings. He looked flat-out lost/unprepared…

2. tokyosandblaster says: Oct 21, 2013 11:59 PM

Dear god.

That was painful.

So you have Christian Ponder who underthrows, Matt Cassel who throws it to anyone moving, no matter what team they play for. You have Joe Webb, who couldn’t hit the broadside of a Minnesota girl (which is bigger than most barns), and you add Josh Freeman, who threw the ball (on average) 15 yards over the head of every receiver.

At least you have Adrian Peterson and his 28 yards rushing.

I believe freeman had more incompletions than Peterson had yards.

That shariff Floyd shows promise in the kick return game.

3. robman91 says: Oct 21, 2013 11:59 PM

Ugliest game in the history of the NFL. Both teams should be ashamed.

4. Rhode Island Patriots Fan says: Oct 22, 2013 12:00 AM

What a painful experience it was to watch this stinkeroo of a football game! In particular, Josh Freeman really stunk up MetLife Stadium tonight. I’m roughly 150 miles away (as the crow flies) from East Rutherford, New Jersey and had to hold my nose. Have the Vikings elected Freeman team captain yet?

5. thekiller678 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:01 AM

First off I just want to apologize to every other NFL fan that suffered through that game.

Anyways Glad to finally get a win.. This team really looked like it might lose every game at some points. I’ve never seen Eli play as conservatively as he did tonight, it was weird to watch.

Also Freeman’s performance is one of the worst I’ve ever seen from a QB since I started watching football. Truly, truly awful.

6. f1restarter says: Oct 22, 2013 12:01 AM

“His passer rating for the night finished a lowly 40.6.”

That’s higher than Adrian Peterson’s rushing yardage total.

7. dtownsportslions says: Oct 22, 2013 12:02 AM

Josh Freeman was the obvious answer to the Vikings QB troubles.

Absolutely brutal to watch.

8. richiebburg says: Oct 22, 2013 12:03 AM

I hope that AP can somehow get on a team where he has the chance to play for a title. A chance he deserves.

9. gb4mn0 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:03 AM

If A Rod goes into the MetroDump this Sunday and lights the vikqueens up for 40 or more, Monday morning Frazier is in the unemployment line.

10. binkystevens says: Oct 22, 2013 12:04 AM

I’m sure Greg Jennings is just glowing with joy about his decision to leave Green Bay and carve a path for himself. QB play really isn’t that important, is it, Greg? You’re right – it was you all along that made Favre and Rodgers look so good

11. edithpiaf51 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:04 AM

Eli Manning is the best. He just needs the rest of the Giants towork with him and they did tonight. Now lets beat the Eagles next week.

12. bucrightoff says: Oct 22, 2013 12:04 AM

I’m pretty sure even JaMarcus could have completed more than 40% of his passes.

13. tjacks7 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:04 AM

On what universe does it make sense to throw the ball almost 50 times and run it 14 times on a team with Adrian Peterson and QB that signed less than 2 weeks ago? If Bill Musgrave is still employed by the Vikings when I wake up then there is no hope for this franchise. Absolutely pathetic. Coaching is the biggest whole on this team (and there’s a lot of holes).

14. orivar says: Oct 22, 2013 12:05 AM

McNabb, Ponder, Cassel, Freeman. What’s the common denominator out of all of them? Musgrave & the o-line. Two years later and nothing has changed between the two. Bad play calling and two to three defenders instantly in the backfield by time the second foot went down on the drop back.

Is the NFL really a professional league or just an exclusive league as the Vikes offensive line sure has nothing ‘pro’ about it.

15. Foghorn The IKonoclast says: Oct 22, 2013 12:05 AM

This is going to be the highwater mark for Freeman who will eventually be a ticket taker for the WWE.

16. arlingtonsynn says: Oct 22, 2013 12:05 AM

To anyone who is going to question the Vikings for putting in a quarterback who just joined the team and didn’t know the offense or the receivers…

This isn’t the first time they have had that happen. It’s just Tampa is a bit farther than Hattiesburg.

17. thekiller678 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:05 AM

Also the Giants run game makes me want to throw up. Andre Brown can’t get healthy soon enough

18. mightyjoe214 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:06 AM

Josh Freeman is “Horrible”

19. jlmd17 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:06 AM

Freeman will be out the league in two years.

20. onebucplace says: Oct 22, 2013 12:06 AM

I really like Freeman and know he is a good QB, but I saw the Vikings running the same plays over outside of the ones Gruden was pointing out. If the playbook was that limited Freeman just shouldn’t be in there tonight.

The overthrows are a concern, I don’t know if that’s just a timing issue or what but it seems like it should be easiest enough to fix with more practices.

Finally Schiano is totally finishing in his pants tonight so let me remind you, 0-3 with Freeman, 0-3 without Freeman. Maybe the issue isn’t the QB you piece of Jersey Trash (TM).

21. ketchupaholic says: Oct 22, 2013 12:06 AM

Frazier has to be fired NOW!

22. wstover says: Oct 22, 2013 12:07 AM

That was ugly. I think that at this point, every loss is just water under the bridge.

23. osiris33 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:07 AM

One of the worst games I’ve ever seen, and Josh Freeman is the most inaccurate NFL QB I can ever remember seeing, and that includes Rick Mirer.

Greg Schiano must be laughing his butt off…

24. gwahknows says: Oct 22, 2013 12:07 AM

Things I Learned:

1. Josh Freeman Can Throw Hard.
    2. Josh Freeman Can Throw Far.
    3. Lol Vikings

25. stevent92 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:08 AM

Vikings dropped 3 INT, and I think the Giants dropped 2. These are some bad, bad football teams. Sherels fell down & fumbled with nobody touching him. Shariff Floyd fumbled a kickoff – never thought we’d ever say those words.

We look like a College B-Team. Crap the Bed for Ted.

26. waltmink says: Oct 22, 2013 12:08 AM

Viking’s fans and everyone in Vegas knows that the Viking’s have historically given winless team their first victory. What a pathetic team. Sure wish they weren’t my team. Head office needs to clean house asap!!

27. assuredmutualdestruction says: Oct 22, 2013 12:08 AM

How is a playoff team from last year this bad? Minnesota, what happened to you? Good God your team is crappy now.

28. allday296 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:09 AM

I could have thrown for 250+’easily against that D

29. nfl4days says: Oct 22, 2013 12:09 AM

I thought freeman would come in and show what he can do. Instead he has the most pathetic performance I’ve seen from an NFL quarterback in awhile. Embarrassing

30. easywolf says: Oct 22, 2013 12:09 AM

Dumbest organizations in the league in order: Oakland, NY Jets, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Minnesota, Cleveland if they trade Gordon for a 2 nd rounder

31. earlcampbellrules says: Oct 22, 2013 12:09 AM

Freeman had no buisness playing so soon. Frazier is a complete idiot for starting him…he needs to be fired immediately. Just a putrid performance all around. The Vikes are a poorly coached, ill prepared team.

32. valhalla2013 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:09 AM

Any other Vikings fans miss Chilly? We ran him out on a rail and now Ponder too. Ponder would have won this game easily tonight.

33. mackcarrington says: Oct 22, 2013 12:10 AM

The Vikings have entered into this Freeman endeavor with their eyes wide open and focused directly on the prize: They know that playing Freeman now gives them a legitimate shot at getting Johnny Football next year.

34. sraywilliams says: Oct 22, 2013 12:10 AM

Wow I should really consider upgrading to NFL Network

35. kmarty009 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:10 AM

I’m just saying, our (Vikings) offensive line is putrid. Freeman was either on the run or on his back the whole game… The o-line deserves an “F”.

36. normtide says: Oct 22, 2013 12:10 AM

Vikings coach will be fired tomorrow, or should be.

37. godblessfootball says: Oct 22, 2013 12:11 AM

Boy, these teams really blow and stunk up the place

38. ugk612 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:11 AM

The 2013 Garbage Bowl: BFI vs. Waste Management!

39. jaredjames1985 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:11 AM

And we thought Tim Tebow was bad

40. kimbo71006 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:12 AM

That was the WORST NFL game I have ever seen in my life.

It was like watching Abbott and Costello…I feel like I just lost 3 hours of my life I can’t ever get back!!

I’m not sure the Giants can count that as a win, it felt more like a surrender.

I need a drink…

41. valhalla2013 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:12 AM

Vikings were the fifth highest scoring offence in the NFL before being sat on the bench.

42. funshipm174 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:12 AM

The Vikings made this game very reminiscent of their Wild card snoozder last year with Joe Webb at Q.B.

I agree with Gruden that Freeman was obviously not ready and should have been pulled.

43. harrycanyon says: Oct 22, 2013 12:12 AM

How in the world does Leslie Frazier and his crew still have their jobs? You should have known PRE season your QB siutation was bad, and made some changes then. But instead, they wait till the middle of the season, bring in a cast off, and rush him to start a spotlight game. The league should be embarassed that this is the product one of their franshises put on the field. Maybe the rest of the Vikings should take a page from Grambling and revolt.
    Couldn’t hurt that circus much.

44. bobnelsonjr says: Oct 22, 2013 12:12 AM

Peterson is old and past his prime as a fantasy running back. Individual numbers but rarely wins.

In the last four years the vikings have only 20 wins.

As a revenue bottom feeder the vikings have to put money into the players salary cap but have little to hire good scouts and talent evaluators.

If they would move to Los Angeles or Guadalajara they would have enough revenue to compete.

They will go at least another 50 years without a trophy of any kind if they stay in low revenue Minnesota. 40% of the fans in Minnesota are Packers fans anyway. The NFL should know this. Move the vikings!!

45. donshula says: Oct 22, 2013 12:13 AM

They need to flex Mon night somehow,that was the worst reg. season game I can recall.Absolutely pathetic

46. nygnjd says: Oct 22, 2013 12:14 AM

A win is a win. Doesn’t matter who you beat.

47. vikingsftw says: Oct 22, 2013 12:14 AM

This is the worst Viking team I can ever remember …even from my childhood days. I cannot stand to see that idiotic look on the clueless Frasers face one more game. Please fire this incompetent boob and his equally offensive coordinator! This is beyond pathetic. I weep for you Minnesota.

48. akasaintsbaby says: Oct 22, 2013 12:14 AM

Three words…. hard to watch, lol. Vikings now have four third string qb’s on the roster. Collect the whole set!

49. trbowman says: Oct 22, 2013 12:15 AM

Freeman has yet to complete more than 50% of his throws in a GAME this season. He’s not an upgrade on Cassel or Ponder, which is sad.

50. thaojack81 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:15 AM

What’s that Jennings?! Speechless?

51. dino2997 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:15 AM

That was one SERIOUSLY boring game. I don’t think I’ve been that bored watching a MNF game in a long, long time.

52. packerenglishmajor says: Oct 22, 2013 12:16 AM

Man that stung.
    It left a mark!

Face the facts, these coaches couldn’t put together Legos (especially with Spielman’s help).

Regardless, Skol Vikes!

We thrive on adversity.

53. shaggytoodle says: Oct 22, 2013 12:16 AM

The Vikings trolls can take a seat for the rest of the season.

They have RB that has skillset and style that hasn’t been seen in decades. He deserves better than this. He is great, but he is still only one person and can only do so much.

I understand the Vikings were trying to speed up the team building process with 3 1st round picks this year, and they certainly got their fan base excited.

How did they regress so much from last year?

54. lnfinite says: Oct 22, 2013 12:17 AM

Was it me or did the entire Viking coaching staff make a strong case on why to be fired with producing such a morbid performance by their players on national TV? No motivation and no killer instinct. Sad to be a Viking fan this season.

55. thestrategyexpert says: Oct 22, 2013 12:17 AM

Freeman could have either helped them win or helped them shore up a critical draft match-up. I don’t think the Vikings cared what happened. It was only a couple million bucks.

56. usdcoyotesfan says: Oct 22, 2013 12:17 AM

C’mon, Curtis, the Giants never win. Their opponents just beat themselves.

57. justintuckrule says: Oct 22, 2013 12:17 AM

Just because the game didn’t satisfy the fantasy lovers with a 50-48 score doesn’t automatically mean it was sloppy. Both front 7s played the run great tonight and forced the qbs into plenty 3rd and longs. For the giants, Eli had no time as usual. As for freeman, not easy to start at qb when you’re on a team for barely a week. Game was full of big hits which was sure a breath of fresh air from watching 2 hand touch score a thons this weekend.

58. bonecrushinghits says: Oct 22, 2013 12:20 AM

This reminds me of that thing about a tree falling in the woods….

59. skolvikings58 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:20 AM

I knew Filthy had a inside man on this wretched website.
    Can the Vikes and Pack Merge as a team?

Sioux Falls is a good meeting point, right?

60. jermainewiggins says: Oct 22, 2013 12:20 AM

well at least minnesota lynx are your reigning wnba champs and currently in a DYNASTY!

61. brownnorange00 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:21 AM

Freeman looked worse than Weeden.

62. tangysizzl says: Oct 22, 2013 12:21 AM

The article title should have read “Giants get first victory easily over the hapless and tasteless Vikings”….

63. jhorton83 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:22 AM

Frazier needs to be Kiffin’d at the airport. That was as indefensible a job of coaching as I’ve ever seen. I have no idea what he was trying to accomplish. It was obvious right away that Freeman was lost. Keeping him in the game does nothing and only serves to embarrass him. So if Frazier actually believed that Josh Freeman was the guy going forward, you’re doing serious damage to him by leaving him out there. The only possible explanation I can think of is that the call to sign Freeman and start him this weekend came from higher up in the organization and Frazier left him out there as a disgruntled protest. Nothing else makes sense. In any situation though, it speaks to incredible incompetence within the Vikings organization.

64. bringbackkosar says: Oct 22, 2013 12:22 AM

ESPN should ask the league for a refund – they paid for pro football and got this instead

65. rmavs says: Oct 22, 2013 12:24 AM

The distinctive failure of this game lies solely on the shoulders of coach Frazier and the rest of his coaching staff. As a Vikings fan, it was apparent at half time that the Freeman experiment was going haywire. At that time, with the game and division up for grabs, I was calling for Ponder. Hey, the club has sent a message, did the message get received, Ponder?…and they didn’t even give him a chance to reclaim not only a winnable game but some self confidence. 41 years of crying purple tears…but this was by far the worst I’ve seen from any Vikings team to date. The coaching staff needs to go.

66. blackhawks2010 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:25 AM

Freeman has no business in the NFL. #totalbust

67. kd75 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:26 AM

Looked like a 4th preseason game.

68. reppster says: Oct 22, 2013 12:27 AM

Ugliest game I’ve ever watched.

69. corkspop says: Oct 22, 2013 12:29 AM

Whew! Glad Buffalo didn’t bite on the Freeman hype.

70. connorchew says: Oct 22, 2013 12:29 AM

I just wish hillis could re-remulate his breakout year. He was fun to watch

71. pwrback2 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:31 AM

Hapless is kind word for the offensive offense with alot of blame going to the coaching staff, no halftime adjustments. The Oline sucked, yeah had overthrows, but Freeman is not alone in line for some of the blame. I’m tired of Fraziers ho hum attitude, I’d be miffed, Mr. Wilf has to take a long look at available coaches. I would like to see Bill Cowher bring his fire to Minn.

72. toddc612 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:35 AM

Just when I thought the Viking’s performance last week against Carolina was their worst ever, they go and outdo themselves by playing the most pathetic excuse for football on Monday Night.

Frasier and the gaggle of clowns need to be relieved of their duties — ASAP!

73. taintedsaints2009 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:35 AM

I said it after their loss to the panthers: the Vikings will not win another game this year. They will be blown out every game. Get ready for a fire sale of Viking players. get ready for that number one pick as well. Peterson, Allen, Williams, greenway, Jennings, Simpson, Webb, loadholt. Trade them all this week. Lots of teams would love to have them, and I hear Dallas wants a running back. Jared Allen, greenway, and Kevin Williams would be perfect fits in Seattle. Jennings and Simpson could go to New England or Indianapolis, he’ll even Green Bay. Loadholt to denver. Makes perfect sense to me.

74. expertop says: Oct 22, 2013 12:37 AM

I’m trying to think of a worse MNF game. Maybe I’ll come up with something.

75. nvpacker says: Oct 22, 2013 12:38 AM

Greg Jennings could be seen mumbling to himself,
    “just a tad more leadership from our quarterback(s)
    would be nice”.

76. wafflestomp says: Oct 22, 2013 12:39 AM

The Vikings are a programmatic non-fit with the rest of the league.

But hey, Viking fan, at least you are still undefeated in London.
    You know, maybe……..

77. commonsensedude says: Oct 22, 2013 12:39 AM

That game was the closest thing the NFL has to a horror movie.

78. swcowboy says: Oct 22, 2013 12:40 AM

I cannot figure out the Vikings this year… Last year AP ran all over most of their opponents even when they stacked the box. This year they are throwing the ball all the time and between the last two games AP carried the ball under 30 times.

Something tells me they are going to blow up the team during the off season and start over with the first, second, or third pick in the draft. Hope they can keep AP… but with his money, he may be gone soon too.

79. packfntk says: Oct 22, 2013 12:40 AM

One of the worst all around games I have ever seen. Been there for 2 weeks or not, I don’t understand how the Vikings can put Freeman in at QB moving forward. He is horrible.

80. satanicxhellxcreature says: Oct 22, 2013 12:44 AM

The Vikings have the most inept coaching staff in the NFL.

81. barneyrumble says: Oct 22, 2013 12:44 AM

If I didn’t love, and I mean love football, I wouldn’t have watched the second half after the first, and it just got worse. I know this is a Captain Obvious statement, but Josh Freeman was not ready to be trying to do what ever it was he was trying to do. Did Nicks catch a pass? Seemed to just miss on everything. Should have been a Halloween game cause that was ugly and scary.

82. steelers33 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:45 AM

Quite possibly the worse MNF game ever witnessed.

83. pootytang66 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:45 AM

Gee, this was a shocker!…and why the hell is Freeman throwing 50 times in his 1st start against a 27th rank run defense??? Peterson should be asking for a trade and everyone on the Vikes staff should get fired for this loss!!!

84. asportsfan says: Oct 22, 2013 12:46 AM

“Hapless Vikings” – what else they should expect?
    They have a head coach who can’t coach.
    He is a Rooney rule candidate from the Tony Dungy tree.
    Let’s see – who else is from that tree?
    Raheem Morris – Fired
    Herm Edwards – Fired
    Jim Caldwell – Fired ( He did not take the Colts to the SuperBowl. PManning did. He would have taken a monkey as headcoach to the SuperBowl)
    Jim Marinelley – 0-16 Lions – Fired
    Lowie Smith – Fired (after a decent run)
    Tomlin is doing a decent job

So, whenever Mr.Dungy says that a coach is a classy guy and will be a great addition to that team – STAY AWAY from hiring that candidate.

85. asportsfan says: Oct 22, 2013 12:48 AM

Vikings also have a great record of picking the wrong QB and sticking to them for a very long time instead of cutting the losses and move on.

Bad QB and a very bad head coach is a very very very bad combination. Vikings are the living proof for that.

86. zam1104 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:53 AM

Sorry Vikes fans, hate to say we told ya so, but….

87. gergie1957 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:54 AM

It was horrible to even put Freeman in this situation, this coaching staff is a comedy of errors. Leslie should be ashamed of himself, The Vikings would have won with cassel at QB tonight.

88. billybenoitlsu says: Oct 22, 2013 12:58 AM

Peyton Hillis !!!

89. flipola says: Oct 22, 2013 12:58 AM

Hell of a game. I couldn’t think of a better Monday night matchup.

Wonder how Bridgewater will look in Viking purple.

90. timegambit says: Oct 22, 2013 1:00 AM

I just watched the “Saw,” marathon and thought I would check out the game to ease my anxiety, but having watched the combination, I fully expect to wet my bed tonight.

91. backdapack4evr says: Oct 22, 2013 1:01 AM

Wow
    Finally got one in the books!!
    Eli…..MVP MVP. MVP

92. granadafan says: Oct 22, 2013 1:05 AM

I’ll bet Greg Jennings hadn’t wished he burned the bridge with the Packers. His QBs went from Favre/ Rodgers with the Packers to Ponder/Cassell/ Freeman with the Vikings all because his ego couldn’t stand that he wasn’t getting every pass.

93. backdapack4evr says: Oct 22, 2013 1:05 AM

Bring in Tebow!!

94. uksaintsfan says: Oct 22, 2013 1:06 AM

Freeman didn’t exactly do well with the Bucc’s, perhaps he should have moved to the lower leagues to learn what it’s like in the bigger world, away from college that is. I feel sorry for the Vikings, they used to be a good team.
    But hey, at least Manning can put the first notch in his belt for this year.

95. doe22us says: Oct 22, 2013 1:10 AM

That game was brutal, I cant believe i lasted till the 4th quarter, and yeah Eli faced a hapless secondary he could have been picked off three times at least, one a sure pick 6. Freeman there are no words, but what do you expect from a guy that just joined the team.

96. silencethecritics says: Oct 22, 2013 1:13 AM

I tried to tell you to stick with Ponder. Freeman is terrible. He will not get much better. The only thing he does right is throw good deep balls, he couldn’t even do that tonight.

97. maxkingpin says: Oct 22, 2013 1:20 AM

Running the same dozen or so plays doomed the Vikings.
    Not a Freeman fan but the game result was about what was expected.

98. gdeli says: Oct 22, 2013 1:26 AM

I have nothing to say…good night all

99. jrmbadger says: Oct 22, 2013 1:29 AM

Well at least the Vikings havent brainwashed their players into thinking they’re better than anyone – so they still have that going for them.

100. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: Oct 22, 2013 1:36 AM

Yeah, but what about the WNBA champion Lyn…oh, never mind.

101. skinsfan91 says: Oct 22, 2013 1:38 AM

This game lived up to the hype.

102. eagler927 says: Oct 22, 2013 1:55 AM

This is all Leslie Frazier and his staff. Why play a guy at qb who obviously isn’t ready? Freeman seemed unsure of himself, couldn’t audible, simply did not know the offense. So Frazier decided it was best to throw Freeman to the wolves rather than play Ponder or Cassel. What an idiot. You can’t evaluate a qb who hasn’t been with your team for more than two weeks and doesn’t know the offense.

103. furnhole says: Oct 22, 2013 2:13 AM

Well Josh, I guess the grass isn’t any greener in Minnesota this time of year.

104. billbrasky72 says: Oct 22, 2013 2:16 AM

I don’t see how the Vikings can possibly win another game this year.

105. valhallaman says: Oct 22, 2013 2:16 AM

Even Les Steckel is puking in his soup over this one!

106. bigdaddyrockytop says: Oct 22, 2013 2:20 AM

That may be the worst exhibition of pro football I have ever seen. Dropped passes, poor throws wow, wow.

107. zygizag says: Oct 22, 2013 2:31 AM

Gruden mentioned that Ponder should start the second half. I agree even though Ponder is not the QBOTF and you could still put in Josh next week. Ponder gave us the best chance to win in the second half.

When the goal of developing the QB becomes priority over winning the game then the coaches and GM (if he has encouraged that) need to be gone.

The BIG problem is that that has been the mixed up priority with the Vikings not just this game, or this year but the whole RS, LF and Ponder era. Ponder should have been pulled in his sub 100 games too.

Maybe Josh can be the QBOFT, but these coaches and the GM are certainly not.

108. bigguy54 says: Oct 22, 2013 2:35 AM

That game was like a traffic accident, I couldn’t turn away. Two bad teams playing each other badly. There were some good plays, but way more bad ones. A QB who should have sat another week to learn some plays, and another that got lucky the DB missed the pick 6 or the game could have been a whole lot different.

Next week looks like it might be more of the same. for one side. The Rams will run a guy out there that should probably not be a backup QB, but it is all they have. They are bringing in Quinn, and that will be sad if he starts, but not surprising. You gotta wonder how much of that is from being with the Hawks earlier. I think we see TJ mid 3rd quarter of this one.

109. yankeepunk3000 says: Oct 22, 2013 2:40 AM

this had to be the least watched Monday night game in years I can’t imagine anyone watching after on quarter. Unless your in New York or Minnesota why in the world would you watch these slaps try to play football

110. firerogergoodell says: Oct 22, 2013 2:46 AM

Josh Freeman is who we thought he was…

Can we let him off the hook?

111. davikes says: Oct 22, 2013 3:01 AM

The only good things about the game for the Vikes were Jared Allen’s one handed sack and Sherel’s return. The other 59 1/2 minutes were awful.

112. sportnorcal says: Oct 22, 2013 3:01 AM

How did it get so bad, so fast in Minnesota??
    Damn.

113. glenne81 says: Oct 22, 2013 3:02 AM

I’ve have been a Viking fan my entire life(that’s a lot of bleeding). At age 49 I have never seen a mess this bad. It’s not the players, it’s the coaching and organization. Clearly we can see why the owner didn’t extend Leslie. Maybe there’s a plan, but they need to let somebody in on it now.

114. arrogantnation says: Oct 22, 2013 3:10 AM

Ugly game. Both teams aren’t going anywhere this season

115. peterawrhatred says: Oct 22, 2013 3:16 AM

The hapless Vikings will be crushed by the glorious Green Bay Packers next week

116. rationalfootballfan says: Oct 22, 2013 3:41 AM

I’m sure Freeman will perform better as the year goes on and he builds chemistry with the receivers, but man, that was tough to watch. A pathetic display of offense for sure. Meanwhile, the Giants get a nice morale boost en-route to a 4-12 season. It’s tough to see either of these teams sniffing the playoffs this year.

117. gunner1970 says: Oct 22, 2013 3:42 AM

I’ve been a Vikings Fan since I was born and this year is right up there with the Les Steckle year of 1984…boy do we suck!!! 85% of it can be blamed on COACHING! No reason for a future HOF Running Back in his prime to only get 28 Yards. What a joke!

118. backdapack4evr says: Oct 22, 2013 4:15 AM

If the giants think that was a win…wow.
    I think they should give participation metals to both teams for doing such a “Good Job”!!!
    Unicorns and rainbows

119. styrofoamdeity says: Oct 22, 2013 4:16 AM

Watched the first three quarters of this and I have seen more talent and coordination in the Lingerie League. Finally the real victor became apparent: Greg Schiano’s reputation. He looks like a visionary genius for unloading Josh Freeman. Getting nothing for him is already looking like the deal of the century.

120. franklinandbashandflorio says: Oct 22, 2013 4:23 AM

The Vikings have added another infection.

121. backdapack4evr says: Oct 22, 2013 4:30 AM

If the Giants consider that a win!!!! Wow!!
    Give them all “participation metals” and keep this one off the books!!
    Freeman has a nice 3 million dollar smile!!

122. ickky says: Oct 22, 2013 4:49 AM

Hey Hey, Ho Ho
    Rick Spielman,s ass has got to go.
    Hey Hey, Ho Ho

123. purpleman527 says: Oct 22, 2013 4:58 AM

Different quarterback, same results.
    Frazier stands with his arms folded not saying a word. Freeman is seen laughing after throwing a pick. And we get to watch it again on Sunday night against the Packers.

I hope Ziggy has had enough.

124. paychrisjohnson28 says: Oct 22, 2013 5:05 AM

Cut Josh Freeman now….he’s not better than Ponder or Cassel…

It’s hard to swallow but Ponder is actually an upgrade on Freeman…

The entire Vikings team on offense just looks horrible since the signing of Freeman…coincidence ? I think not

It is a bad move for the team overall…

125. mikejr80 says: Oct 22, 2013 5:08 AM

These two teams may very well have the worst two O-Line in the league. Neither QB had time to do anything.

126. dabubble says: Oct 22, 2013 5:12 AM

Where are all the AWESOME Vikings fans now? Remember when Greg Jennings said he was “brainwashed” in Green Bay because they dared to say they were the top of the division…well Greg…embrace the suck of 1-5 and going nowhere. We do miss your sisters tweets about Rodgers though…good luck with Josh Freeman though, I’m she’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

127. burrito12 says: Oct 22, 2013 5:27 AM

Look at the bright side Viking fans, AP only needs to average 198.9 yards a game to reach his personal goal of 2500 yards in a season. At his current yards per carry, he only needs to carry the ball 45 times a game the rest of the year, which is probably what they should do anyway with that trio of QB Rejects they have.

128. selmonfan63 says: Oct 22, 2013 5:27 AM

Once again, Freeman’s poor outing must be Sciano’s fault.

129. thegonz13 says: Oct 22, 2013 5:57 AM

Been a lifelong Vikings fan and even I have to admit this was a BAD football game. From both teams.

The best team didn’t win… It was the team that sucked the least that won.

130. whatjusthapped says: Oct 22, 2013 6:05 AM

The use of the word,”Hapless” in the headline will make a certain visitor to this site very happy, its like PFT is stealing his thunder.

The only question that the coaching staff needs to answer when picking their starting qB is, “Who gives us the best chance to win?”

I could care less about Freeman’s height, arm, or mobility, with only two weeks in the Viking system, he clearly wasn’t ready to start.

As bad as it sounds, the Vikings need to start Ponder next week. The coaching staff might fear that they are the butt of jokes but in reality, its too late for that. Just look at their record.

131. bmore44 says: Oct 22, 2013 6:07 AM

Peterson has to be PO!! Freeman is sooo bad. Vikings are prob the worst at hiring QBs

132. homerx says: Oct 22, 2013 6:08 AM

What an ugly, ugly game. This win did nothing o help me believe the Giants will win another game.

133. dolphins4 says: Oct 22, 2013 6:09 AM

Way to go GMEN!

134. gsomatt says: Oct 22, 2013 6:12 AM

ESPN aired an interview AP last night and asked if staying in MN his entire career but not getting to a SB was acceptable. His answer? “No it’s not”.

The Cowboys wrestled away a dynasty from the Vikings for Herschel Walker. Maybe the Vikings can return the favor.

135. arbyemcee says: Oct 22, 2013 6:43 AM

As a Viking fan that was hard to watch. This team has regressed since last year even with more talent. How can you not look at coaching as a culprit. I like Frazier but the team makes no adjustments and seems so unprepared. I feel confident next year will bring a new coaching staff and a new 1st round QB selection. I think they should keep Spielman however, the last few drafts have been pretty good.

136. kev86 says: Oct 22, 2013 6:53 AM

Easy win for NYG.

137. asherallencanttackle says: Oct 22, 2013 7:10 AM

What is there to say? What happened to the O line? Did they forget how to block? Loadholt got his big contract and he doesn’t care anymore. And that secondary! This team might be worse than the 2011 team.

138. punkyqb says: Oct 22, 2013 7:13 AM

There are things worst than being a Bears fan this morning. At least we know we’ll win 4 games this year.

139. cuda1234 says: Oct 22, 2013 7:15 AM

The Vikings set Freeman up to fail and fail he did. They should have pulled the plug on that experiment and tried to win the game but putting someone in at qb who actually knows the plays.

140. crazycane says: Oct 22, 2013 7:17 AM

These Thursday night and Monday night games are atrocious to watch and not easy on the eyes. Either have better matchups on Monday night or just do away with it. It isn’t the marquee matchups anymore it used to be. As for Thursday night, a human body can’t be ready to play another game in just 4 days.

141. 84smooninlambeaunevergetsold says: Oct 22, 2013 7:20 AM

All week long people were talking up Josh Freeman, saying things like “Yeah, he’s pretty good, but he can’t play defense for MN”. Our defense kept us in the game last night. They did their job. I never liked the Freeman signing to begin with, but man, that guy is a JOKE! Its hilarious we payed him 2 million dollars.

142. steelersaregodsteam says: Oct 22, 2013 7:28 AM

That was one of the most pathetic games in recent memory. It honestly felt like a preseason game. Did anyone here the crowd? Me either.

143. truvikingfan says: Oct 22, 2013 7:30 AM

EPIC. FAIL.

For all that is holy…..can we do something? Block? Kick? Pass? Catch? Fire someone?

Someone seriously needs to be fired after last night, because this “team” is a complete embarrassment. Good thing you had an extra day to prepare, right Leslie? Not too mention the extra week to prepare for Carolina! This is just sick, and it is quite clear the amount of incompetence spewing from Winter Park!

Frazier…..the turkey timer has popped, and your done. Quit now before you get someone hurt. Don’t play for pride, cause there’s none left ( can you seriously say there is after the last 2 weeks?).

144. doorharp11 says: Oct 22, 2013 7:32 AM

vikes defense played good last night overall. its even more evident that our coaching staff has no clue how to prepare a gameplan. our fans got exactly what they deserve an embarrissing loss. vikes fans wanted this because ponder was the reason they lost early in the season and they just had to have a new qb. f… the fans! ponder isnt great but he is capable of being a good qb… lets see what ponder has bc freeman was never the answer

145. hanklee1989 says: Oct 22, 2013 7:33 AM

Clearly the worst I think I’ve ever seen my team look. At the half it would have made sense to put Ponder in the game and see what he could do. At least then you can change some plays at the LOS and possibly make something happen. Our offense barely scraped together 100 yards total, and the only bright spot of the night was negated when the same guy dropped a guaranteed pick 6 then fumbled the ensuing punt at our own 3 yard line.

Freeman has better pocket presence, but that was embarrassing. He only knew 3 of Bill’s 6 plays, which makes a limited offense even worse. Might as well line up and try to run the Wing T if that’s what we are going to trot on the field every week. The fact that Frazier and Musgrave let that happen is embarrassing, and SURELY there has to be a coaching change ASAP.

Also, our antiquated 1980s Tampa 2 needs to go bye bye. Nearly every series our defense is out there and forcing a 3rd & 7ish. The linebackers drop back 25 yards apparently, and checkdowns destroy us. At this point, it’s time to trade every veteran on the roster that’s worth any sort of draft pick and just rebuild and hope we get Bridgewater. We’re Jaguars bad

146. wabbitslayer says: Oct 22, 2013 7:40 AM

Why, why, why, why, WHY….would you have a QB who just got to your team throw 50+ times in their first game?

ESPECIALLY when you have the best RB in football?!?

147. golforepar says: Oct 22, 2013 7:47 AM

Greg Jennings really seems to enjoy his new team. Cue his sister on a tweet today!!

148. filthymcnasty1 says: Oct 22, 2013 7:56 AM

I thought the game was more of a reflection on Viking fans than of the team itself.

149. dickroy says: Oct 22, 2013 7:57 AM

I don’t think I have ever seen a more pitiful display of football in all my years of watching. Freeman should have been yanked in the second quarter. Pour coaching!

150. janessa31888 says: Oct 22, 2013 8:05 AM

Glad the Browns didn’t pick up Freeman. We’d have lost to the Packers just as badly, if not worse.

151. kastout11 says: Oct 22, 2013 8:10 AM

Another terrible unwatchable MNF game. I cannot remember when they had a good game on Monday night. Ever since the show Playmakers, the NFL has been sticking it to ESPN.

152. chief67 says: Oct 22, 2013 8:10 AM

Freeman threw 33 incompletions ! WOW …

153. nickynick04 says: Oct 22, 2013 8:11 AM

Not much Packer bashing going on….

154. kastout11 says: Oct 22, 2013 8:12 AM

Growing up, MNF was always the best game of the week, now it is clearly Sunday night, especially with the flex schedule at the end of the season. MNF is typically one of the worst games.

155. shlort says: Oct 22, 2013 8:18 AM

Neither team was impressive. I turned the game off at half time. I guess Freeman went 20 for 50 something for less than 2 bucks. I think Freeman has lost the will to play the game. He was better as a rookie. Of course the foodtball media will make excuses about how he is learning a system and whatever, but it is still football. If you can’t throw a football to another person and at least get it close to where they are standing, you don’t have what it takes to be a QB in the NFL.

156. ryanreitsma says: Oct 22, 2013 8:31 AM

I can’t believe I watched 75% of that game. I should have watched the amount that was Freeman’s completion percentage and turned it off before half time.

157. dontcensormebro says: Oct 22, 2013 8:39 AM

kmarty009 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:10 AM

————————–

Who are you, Freeman’s mother? You did notice that on the many occasions Freeman had to throw he overshot his target by twelve feet?

158. ma5terbla5t3r says: Oct 22, 2013 8:41 AM

All this is is a warmup game. Watch out Packers….the devestation is coming!

159. bordner says: Oct 22, 2013 8:43 AM

That’s a bad team.

And somehow, the vikings are even worse.

160. yizudien says: Oct 22, 2013 8:46 AM

Hmmmmm, Where is the in depth on the old game this is more of a blog posting than an article.

The vikings looked like a team that just woke up. AP out of the back field had no pop, honestly if the hamstring was bothering him put in TG. There was a check down where AP got into the open but couldnt make the cut back, something is wrong with him.

Cassel and our new QB seem to have more arm than they know what to do with. Freeman threw everything high, showed horrible decision making (Giving his receivers a ticket for a sure injury/concussion), and couldnt make easy throws. Why is he the answer again?

I dunno there is too much wrong in Minnesota for anyone to have a good shot. First drive should have been 7 pts for the Giants if manning doesnt over throw the receiver who was wide open. AP hasnt had much opportunity this year as we alway seem to be down 7 or more. The QB job seems to be the only thing we cycle through (Not the offensive line, or defense).

Seems like the LF era is coming to an end in minnesota. Wonder who we get next, and I wonder if we will go after another used quarterback again?

161. obmig says: Oct 22, 2013 8:48 AM

Just a week ago this site kept calling Freeman a “possible franchise qb”

162. serkeljerks says: Oct 22, 2013 8:50 AM

As a 49ers fan who languished under the Mike Singletary era…………………………he may not be the HC in Minnesota but goodness that Minnesota team is eerily reminiscent of those teams coached under Singletary.

How is Minnesota THIS bad? It’s almost inconceivable to think that “to suck” at this juncture would be an IMPROVEMENT.

163. zam1104 says: Oct 22, 2013 8:51 AM

Coming into a new offense is no excuse for throwing the ball with your eyes closed.

164. ronaldmexico7 says: Oct 22, 2013 8:53 AM

In Comic Book Guy voice…”Worst football game ever…”

165. asherallencanttackle says: Oct 22, 2013 8:58 AM

I tried so hard to stay awake for the whole game. I fell asleep briefly with about 8 minutes left in the game. I then had a short rally but fell asleep for good at the 5 minute mark.

166. midtec2005 says: Oct 22, 2013 9:00 AM

1: Whoever thought to sign Peyton Hillis should be given a raise, he was the only player that looked like he belonged in the NFL.

2: The Vikings don’t have a qb. Just sign Tim Tebow and run the wishbone… at least you won’t have 54 incompletions every game.

167. cowboycjn says: Oct 22, 2013 9:04 AM

Worse game I have watched – as much as I hate the goofiness of the Pro-bowl, this was 10 times worse. NY won, but they really have nothing to brag about that win. Hell both teams need to go back to basics and learn football strategies.

168. bucforever says: Oct 22, 2013 9:10 AM

I agree with the postings of those that thought it was too soon for Josh to be starting. He was set up to fail . I just hope his confidence has not been completely destroyed and he will be able to improve after having some time to really practice with his receivers. I think his supporting cast let him down too. He looked bad because he was put in a bad situation.

169. csidedave says: Oct 22, 2013 9:11 AM

As a Bucs fan I really don’t know why Josh wasn’t better last night. You can usually count on him for a solid 45%.

170. savethisname says: Oct 22, 2013 9:16 AM

This game is the perfect example of how important a good offensive line is. On both sides of this game the o-line did not get the job done. When Peterson is limited to that few yards you know something is wrong.

171. truvikingfan says: Oct 22, 2013 9:17 AM

Just when I thought it was as bad as it could get, filthy shows up.

What a hapless, tasteless individual.

Sad.

172. mvp43 says: Oct 22, 2013 9:18 AM

Shouldn’t of burned bridges in Green Bay Greg.

The grass is always greener…….

173. buc8 says: Oct 22, 2013 9:20 AM

Schiano’s decision to bench Freeman doesn’t look so bad now, does it? Different team, same Freeman.

174. vikesandravens78 says: Oct 22, 2013 9:24 AM

Halfway through the game I muted the TV and started playing “Entry of the Gladiators” (the circus song). Made the game far more enjoyable to watch.

That game was one butt-fumble away from being the worst primetime performance I’ve ever seen.

175. slick1ru2 says: Oct 22, 2013 9:35 AM

I have to go back and watch this on NFL Rewind. I bet the commentary is hilarious.

176. rgtre10 says: Oct 22, 2013 9:38 AM

The curse is the NYG’s biggest opponent…didn’t they know the city which host the Super bowl that team usually has a bad year…guess the Giants were more appealing then the Jets since the Jets usually suck anyway lol

Personally as a REDSKINS fan i’m loving it this is payback MARA for your involvement in the cap penalty BS the league imposed on the REDSKINS!

177. silencethecritics says: Oct 22, 2013 9:41 AM

————————————

Let me get this right. Your a Bucs fan and you are making excuses for Freeman’s over throws?

Have you even watched a Bucs game over the last 5 years? Over throws is what Josh is best at…. this game that is so “awful” is a typical Freeman game. With the exception of a meaningless late score that he is usually good for.

178. toolkien says: Oct 22, 2013 9:52 AM

1) We got the 2nd and 3rd worst teams in football in a nationwide (if not worldwide) showcase game. Something is very wrong with the NFL right now.

2) Just because the NFL has been pushing Favre back into the narrative the last week or so…

I wonder how many Viking fans now realize they made a deal with the devil. Since that magical 10-1 start to the 2009 season, the Vikings are 23-38-1 in all games played since. How worth it was it to push a little bit more into the playoffs than the year before (Minnesota DID win the division and make the playoffs the year before they got Favre) only to be here now? In the end, 2008 and 2009 landed Division Champ Banners and nothing else. No hardware, no entries into the annals of NFL history. Remember Favre was part of getting Childress canned, and Favre played up Frazier and there was going to be the “proper” opening up of the game. The Viking Franchise is still living with the impact of Favre coming to town, raking in $20M, and changing the guard of the control of the team, all for one extra playoff paycheck for the players and not much extra for the fans other than a kick to the kiwis.

179. johngaltwho says: Oct 22, 2013 10:21 AM

Oh my, I dont know what they’re saying in the Giants locker room but that was some sad lookin football right there. The Giants just managed to suck less than the Vikings last night. The funniest part was when one of the broadcasters just casually said what he was thinking and remarked “these are just two bad football teams”. yikes

180. linemanguy74 says: Oct 22, 2013 10:29 AM

Other than Seattle there is no dominating team in the NFL

181. friscokid49 says: Oct 22, 2013 10:30 AM

you call that a QB?
    -Timmy Tebow

182. johngaltwho says: Oct 22, 2013 10:31 AM

Just like Manning says –
    “You can’t spell ELITE without ELI”

183. nobby821 says: Oct 22, 2013 10:33 AM

Hope the Vikings kept their receipt.

After that game even free agency doesn’t want Josh.

184. immafubared says: Oct 22, 2013 10:48 AM

Not having seen the Giants play, didn’t take too darn long to figure out exactly whats wrong with this team -not including its best running backs are hurt, its that stinking O line or lack of.

I mean common, the Vikes blizted on every down because the tape showed them the O line was horrific and they could easily get to Manning.

It also shows that when either Manning, has all day to throw, they are pretty good and when they work behind a stinkin O line they are average at best, at least Eli is. T times he looked clueless and threw clueless.

185. immafubared says: Oct 22, 2013 10:53 AM

The annoucers as I explained to my wife never use expletives like horrible, lousy, sucks, they always use excuses: little practice time, not familiar, no protection.
    Hey your a QB, you got a guy wide open, how much practice time do you need to throw the ball to that wide open guy. Is there a special play that says, ok on this play throw it to the wide open guy.

Throwing a football is throwing a football, practice or no practice. This guy is getting 9 million this year and threw 33 incompletions.

The Vikes sure couldn’t wait for Ponder to get injured to replace him could they.

186. immafubared says: Oct 22, 2013 10:56 AM

Probably going to start hearing Pederson bitching how he can’t break that all time rushing record if they don’t give him the ball more. Hey they gave him the ball and he sucked.
    I also notice how he hides behind people a lot until there is an opening.
    Jim Brown ran over people to get openings.

187. filthymcnasty1 says: Oct 22, 2013 11:03 AM

I’m not sure why so many are complaining about the quality of this football game. I enjoyed it tremendously.

188. realitypolice says: Oct 22, 2013 11:07 AM

They shouldn’t even have let Musgrave get on the bus.

I don’t care what the Giants are doing to stop Peterson. You are starting a QB who has been on the team for less than 2 weeks. You DON’T throw the ball 50 times when you have the best RB in football on your roster.

Even if the Giants had 11 in the box, don’t you think AP left, AP right, AP up the middle would have worn them down eventually and maybe opened up some play action passes that even Josh “Most Inaccurate Passer Possibly In The History Of The NFL” Freeman could have completed?

Possibly the worst game I’ve ever witnessed in my life. Do either of these teams play Jacksonville? If not, I’m not sure either wins another game all year.

189. realitypolice says: Oct 22, 2013 11:09 AM

savethisname says:
    Oct 22, 2013 9:16 AM

Really? It’s the offensive line and NOT the fact that AP got THIRTEEN carries in what was a one score game for most of the night?

What that game was was a perfect example of how important a semi-competent offensive coordinator is.

190. realitypolice says: Oct 22, 2013 11:17 AM

justintuckrule says:
    Oct 22, 2013 12:17 AM

Please tell me you’re joking. The Vikings ran the ball 14 times all night. That would explain the 3rd and longs. Not too hard to “play the run great” when the other team isn’t, um………..trying to run the ball at all.

191. vikesfansteve says: Oct 22, 2013 11:24 AM

Les Steckel is a better coach than Musgrave.

192. drelms says: Oct 22, 2013 11:26 AM

When I heard the Vikings picked up Freeman, I knew they were going to regret it.

When I watched the game until halftime, I knew I would regret it.

I just wonder if ESPN was able to convince half of its viewers to come back after the half time show?

If Giants fans actually count that notch on their belt as a win, they are in trouble. Eli the most highly compensated QB in the game must have had the same agent as Prince Fielder did, that’s all I can say.

193. rickspielmanisamortician says: Oct 22, 2013 11:40 AM

Yeah, they lost. But the Vikings are a different team with Harrison Smith out there.

194. blu4l1fe says: Oct 22, 2013 11:45 AM

That was, without a doubt, one of the ugliest Giants game I have ever seen. They were able to “eke” out a win by making one less mistake. It is and will be a long season for both teams.

With that being said, I really did not understand the Vikes objective at QB. Freeman’s throws, if they weren’t errant and nowhere near a receiver wearing a purple helmet, were downright dangerous, and his teammates knew that. I understand the whole getting him into the mix sooner rather than later, but maybe, just maybe, last night wasn’t the night for it.

He put his recever’s in a lot of dangerous positions. I’m sorry, I have to go with Chucky last night when he was calling for putting in the other QB that suited up for the Vikes.

195. jhbart001 says: Oct 22, 2013 1:13 PM

Worst pro football game ever played on monday nite football. Everyone involved should donate their paycheck to charity. Fire fraiser! And speilman too!

196. tokyosandblaster says: Oct 22, 2013 1:22 PM

contra74 says:
    Oct 22, 2013 9:25 AM
    filthymcnasty1 says:
    Oct 21, 2013 10:41 PM
    Marcus Sherels giveth.

Marcus Sherels taketh away.

tokyosandblaster says:
    Oct 21, 2013 10:42 PM
    Marcus Sherels giveth, and Marcus Sherels giveth away.
    —–
    Wow – On the Vikings article ‘Marcus Sherels…’ Did you forget what screen name you were using? Same post by 2 ‘different people’? Gigs up!

—-

Because I corrected him?

Man, you really have nothing left.

197. cloud27 says: Oct 22, 2013 3:23 PM

Next year Mark Sanchez will be starting at QB

198. rudedog36 says: Oct 22, 2013 5:07 PM

kimbo71006 says: Oct 22, 2013 12:12 AM

That was the WORST NFL game I have ever seen in my life.

I’m not sure the Giants can count that as a win, it felt more like a surrender.

I need a drink…
    …………………………………………………………………….
    Hey! I love Abbott and Costello. They make many people laugh. Wait a minute… I see your point.

199. stevet321 says: Oct 23, 2013 10:15 AM

Wow.

Maybe the Vikings should consider trading with another team for a QB that hasn’t been fired.

Several teams are rolling deep with good QB rosters. Any good/servicable QB would make better choices…even on short notice playing time.

200. filthymcnasty1 says: Oct 23, 2013 3:59 PM

Hapless????

Curtis is the man!

201. vikesindividual says: Oct 24, 2013 9:06 AM

Not a good game.

202. vikesindividual says: Oct 24, 2013 2:46 PM

————–

I said this year after year after year that people bashed on Chilly. I said, “You spoiled Vikings fans will miss him when he’s gone.”

And here we are.

He won 6 games, then 8, then 10, then 12. One bad year after that and he’s out? People need to learn what the word PATIENCE means.

A coach doesn’t have to be a best friend to a player. Parcells wasn’t. Belichick wasn’t. Chilly wasn’t popular but the results spoke for themselves.

203. contra74isloosbuthole says: Oct 25, 2013 11:27 PM

I don’t see Contra around these days much.