Police investigating male Jets fan seen punching female Patriots fan

Patriots Jets Football AP

Violence in the stands is an appallingly common occurrence at NFL games, but an incident at Sunday’s Jets-Patriots game in New Jersey has been getting particular attention because a fight featured a man punching a woman.

The New York Daily News reports that New Jersey police questioned a Long Island man on Monday for allegedly hitting a female Patriots fan on Sunday at MetLife Stadium.

A video posted on Deadspin shows multiple fans in Jets and Patriots apparel engaging in a fight, and a man in a Jets Wayne Chrebet jersey hitting a woman dressed in Patriots colors.

All we know now is that police are investigating, and there’s no word yet on whether any arrests will be made. But it’s past time for incidents like this to be taken seriously. Far too often, fistfights in the stands at NFL games mar the experience for peaceful fans who just want to cheer on their teams and enjoy football. The NFL, the 32 teams and local law enforcement in every city should be working together to stop ugly incidents like this.

Permalink 160 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New England Patriots, New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
160 Responses to “Police investigating male Jets fan seen punching female Patriots fan”
  1. 4greatestvikingever says: Oct 21, 2013 5:41 PM

Stay Classy jets…..

2. doctorrustbelt says: Oct 21, 2013 5:43 PM

I bet she was told by police not to do something, did it anyway, and the Jets fan penalized her.

3. sullijo1 says: Oct 21, 2013 5:44 PM

Who are the shadowy figures on the “grassy knoll?” I think there may be a conspiracy here…..

4. jhorton83 says: Oct 21, 2013 5:44 PM

Patriots fans all look like women, so it’s really hard to tell for sure.

5. pem34 says: Oct 21, 2013 5:44 PM

They should both (the woman and the “man”) be arrested for assault.

And he should have to wear his chrebet jersey and camo pants in general population.

6. imnotyourbuddyguy says: Oct 21, 2013 5:45 PM

Stay classy sports fans across the globe
    Doesn’t matter the event, where it takes place, people are still dumb.

7. angelogiaquinto18 says: Oct 21, 2013 5:46 PM

Ridiculous fans. It’s just a friggin’ game. To get in a altercation over a football game with a woman? The players still cash the nice hefty check on Tuesdays win or lose….so don’t make it your life unless your on the payroll

8. jiveturkeygobbler says: Oct 21, 2013 5:47 PM

I can’t believe no bystanders beat him senseless. She should keep her hands to herself too.

9. 4greatestvikingever says: Oct 21, 2013 5:47 PM

He was wearing a Gastineau jersey I’d bet….

10. edelmanfanclub says: Oct 21, 2013 5:47 PM

What a loser.

11. rcampore says: Oct 21, 2013 5:48 PM

I am a woman and it clearly shows the girl punching at him first. If you want to be a tough chick trying to punch a drunk dude, expect to be clocked in the face.

12. modhairken says: Oct 21, 2013 5:48 PM

Let’s make sure we include all of the facts, MDS. The lady ran up to him and got in his face after he had been pulled away from her. After that, he punched her.

13. babyphife says: Oct 21, 2013 5:49 PM

i know its not right but seriously what is the protocol if a man is attacked by a woman?? is he supposed to sit there and take it?? i have a mother and sister i love but would never just sit there and get beaten without defending myself….

14. charliedamon says: Oct 21, 2013 5:49 PM

jhorton83 says:
    Oct 21, 2013 5:44 PM
    Patriots fans all look like women, so it’s really hard to tell for sure.

————————————

Maybe to a guy like you, Mary..

15. killface4prez says: Oct 21, 2013 5:49 PM

Okay you should never hit a woman, but that chick can’t be too surprised that she got a snoot full of knuckles the way she was in his face like that. Looks like one of those situations where there are no sympathetic parties.

16. charliedamon says: Oct 21, 2013 5:50 PM

Jets fans: still scum of the earth

17. ronmexicoaquafina says: Oct 21, 2013 5:51 PM

I’m hoping the females that were throwing down don’t get left out of this investigation. They are no less guilty.

Terrible that this happens in every stadium in every city as often as it does and people continue to blame it on alcohol and shrug their shoulders as if to say, “it’s ok, they are just drunk”. My TV and couch looks much better lately.

18. bennprince says: Oct 21, 2013 5:51 PM

Dude, you punch like a Jets fan.

19. redfield11 says: Oct 21, 2013 5:51 PM

Just because she was a woman doesn’t mean she didn’t deserved to get hit. I agree they should BOTH be charged with assault.

20. skittlesareyum says: Oct 21, 2013 5:52 PM

I don’t support men hitting women, but at the same time if another person keeps hitting you, regardless of gender, don’t they kind of have it coming?

21. rodh32340 says: Oct 21, 2013 5:52 PM

He thought she was kicking a FG?

22. sschmiggles says: Oct 21, 2013 5:52 PM

> Patriots fans all look like women, so it’s really hard to tell for sure.

Jets fans all look losers, so I guess that makes them all a suspect in this crime.

23. ridingwithnohandlebars says: Oct 21, 2013 5:53 PM

I would never hit a woman, unless she had a bottle or knew karate.

24. joecool16280 says: Oct 21, 2013 5:54 PM

Went to the Titans/49ers game in Nashville yesterday all decked out in Niner gear and couldn’t have been treated better. I’m from the Bay Area so I sort of expected some hostility but we couldn’t of had a better experience.

Southern hospitality maybe.

25. moerawn says: Oct 21, 2013 5:54 PM

Was that the girl fixing her hair at the end of the clip? Ha Ha. Greenberg made this sound like felony assault.

26. singao1 says: Oct 21, 2013 5:55 PM

Ladies and gents, that is your typical jets fan in full effect.

27. detectivejimmymcnulty says: Oct 21, 2013 5:56 PM

“NFL games are probably the best family experience you can buy.”

– The NFL

28. bigbenownsthenfl says: Oct 21, 2013 5:57 PM

ask latos wife. she got a beatdown at the pirates vs reds wildcard game. she ran her mouth and pirate fan who was a lady beat her up. then latos skank wife proceeded to tweet about it 100 times. lol

29. teal379 says: Oct 21, 2013 5:58 PM

What was Sanchez doing in Pats gear?

30. nyjalleffingday says: Oct 21, 2013 5:58 PM

@joecool16280

Did you spend the duration of the game antagonizing the Titans fans? Because by eyewitness accounts I’ve seen, the parties responsible had been going at it all game.

31. jimmysee says: Oct 21, 2013 5:59 PM

bums

32. r8drn8tn says: Oct 21, 2013 5:59 PM

You should not be fighting over sports but, she was throwing punches and going at him. If an adult punches someone it is reasonable to expect to get hit back, male or female.

33. ironyisadeadscene says: Oct 21, 2013 6:00 PM

Haha, typical mouth breathing Jets fan.

34. cajunaise says: Oct 21, 2013 6:00 PM

Man, that’s a lot of I.Q. points in one video…

35. jimbo75025 says: Oct 21, 2013 6:01 PM

joecool16280 says:
    Oct 21, 2013 5:54 PM

Southern hospitality maybe.
    ——
    Different atmosphere in the South-all football is centered around a college football like experience. People talk crap to each other, have a few laughs at each others expense, then the winner invites the loser to his tailgate after the game. Everyone goes home happy.

36. ravensfan8780 says: Oct 21, 2013 6:02 PM

This is a problem around all NFL stadiums and need to be stopped. I’ve seen Ravens fans act like dicks as well at M&T bank and what it comes down is on Sunday’s the parking lots turn into party central and when you allow people to drink from 8am until gametime and tailgate and party you’re going to continue to have these issues. Especially at rivalry games where fans get way too fired up. Yeah the NFL says they do their part by stopping serving beer by the 3rd quarter but it isn’t the booze being served in the stadium it’s the booze being served at all the tailgates and all the NFL owners turn a blind eye to the tailgates because they just worry about what’s being served inside the stadium.

37. titansbro says: Oct 21, 2013 6:02 PM

Typical Chelsea/Quincy/etc Boston chick thinking she’s tough by trying to go at a man. Typical Jets fan who actually slugged her back. Lol. They’re all trash as far as I’m concerned.

38. daroc88 says: Oct 21, 2013 6:03 PM

These fans get in legal trouble or end up dead and injured behind their teams. Meanwhile, after the game the actual players exchange pleasantries and decide where to party together that night. I will never understand.

39. swaggyy says: Oct 21, 2013 6:04 PM

49er fans of the AFC

40. packerbackernj says: Oct 21, 2013 6:05 PM

Snookie, wtf you doing wearing a pats jersey?

41. tigersfandan says: Oct 21, 2013 6:06 PM

jiveturkeygobbler says: Oct 21, 2013 5:47 PM

______________________________________

That’s a very ironic statement.

42. chicagobtech says: Oct 21, 2013 6:08 PM

@joecool16280

It’s not just the South. A few years back I caught a Bears/Seahawks game in Seattle. Wore Bears’ colors, nobody gave me any grief.

43. vegasgreek says: Oct 21, 2013 6:08 PM

44 years and still counting the pathetic Jets and their loser fans haven’t SNIFFED A SUPER BOWL . Classless organization with low life fans that hit women.

44. ampats says: Oct 21, 2013 6:10 PM

January 12, 1969,

long time since the Jets fans had anything to cheer about

45. jzone954 says: Oct 21, 2013 6:13 PM

All over what? Has this become gang banging now? Blood vs crips? I mean it’s a game, I don’t understand how this can happen over a game no fan in the stand plays….but there are fights at nearly every game….and alcohol doesn’t help the cause.
    Women listen up…..this is 2013…..even though I’m not for it, there are tons of fellas who will cold clock you.

46. rando74 says: Oct 21, 2013 6:14 PM

I went to a, Raiders game last year decked out in my Broncos gear and it was fine until the game got out of hand and the fans realized they were going to lose big. That’s when it got a, little rowdy. I guess if you’re team is losing get and your drunk starting a fight makes you feel better

47. lanman11 says: Oct 21, 2013 6:15 PM

Back in the day, at the old Foxboro/Sullivan/Schaefer (when you’re having more than one…) stadium, we used to trounce maggots like this. Today, in the ultra modern/video recorded/state trooper infested Gillette Stadium, it’s a bit harder to do and still catch the game. ;-) Seriously, it looked like whatever was happening was going on for a while, and there was no security to be seen. The way that guy was walking around, he seemed to be on something. Just that goofy grin while in the midst of a confrontation tells me all I need to know. I wouldn’t have stood by and watched if I were there. I’d have laid him out on the spot. I’m sure other Jets fans would have too. They just didn’t get the chance. I was a childhood Jets fan that lived down the street from the stadium, but I’m fully recovered now. Had I not recovered, I still could not see myself standing around watching that.

48. mungman69 says: Oct 21, 2013 6:16 PM

Maybe she was wearing a cowboy jersey.

49. steelersaregodsteam says: Oct 21, 2013 6:18 PM

Meanwhile, Steeler fans remain the class of the league.

50. citizenstrange says: Oct 21, 2013 6:19 PM

rcampore says: Oct 21, 2013 5:48 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I agree one thousand and ten percent and yet ….

You never, ever hit a woman. Not one time ever.

51. flyeredup says: Oct 21, 2013 6:19 PM

Wish he’d punch Fireman Eddie

52. kwjsb says: Oct 21, 2013 6:21 PM

I haven’t figured out what was more pitiful, her continuing to charge and punch him, or him giving her his best shot and she doesn’t go down.

53. TheWizard says: Oct 21, 2013 6:22 PM

Like a couple of people have said, the players are on vacation together in the offseason.

Fans take games way too seriously.

54. dasmol says: Oct 21, 2013 6:25 PM

Looks like she got what she wanted.

55. barroomhero80 says: Oct 21, 2013 6:25 PM

She got what was coming to her. You want to swing like a dude prepare to get hit like one

56. napavalleyshaun says: Oct 21, 2013 6:27 PM

Man, that’s just terrible.

Sincerely,

Rae Carruth

57. fissels says: Oct 21, 2013 6:27 PM

There is no reason for a real man to punch or hit a woman.

58. allday28mvpmvp says: Oct 21, 2013 6:27 PM

Women tend to think they can hit men and nothing will happen cuz they are women.
    I personally would not retaliate on a woman hitting me. But you should not punch people if you yourself don’t want to be punched

59. idothis2 says: Oct 21, 2013 6:29 PM

During the game, after the game, where was Brady’s OL to stop him frim getting hit?

60. 2ndaryinsanity says: Oct 21, 2013 6:32 PM

As a girl, I was taught that “if you want to step up and fight like a man, be prepared to get hit like a man.” Seems only fair to me. I don’t think it’s right for a man to eat punches and not be able to defend himself just because his assailant has boobs.

61. patfaninbflo says: Oct 21, 2013 6:32 PM

I’ve gone to a number of Bills-Pats games at Rich (now Ralph Wilson) Stadium in my jersey, etc. and a little good-natured jeering was the most violent behavior I ever experienced. Then again, I’m not a Dolphin fan. One time I was there during the playoffs when Kelly and Marino were still playing, and some Bills and Dolphin fans were beating the living hell out of each other.

62. kev86 says: Oct 21, 2013 6:35 PM

Too many alcoholics behaving like morons at a lot of games. Pretty pathetic all around.

63. helix828 says: Oct 21, 2013 6:36 PM

If he gets charged, she better too. She hit him first.

Equal rights= equal prosecution.

64. dpdonny says: Oct 21, 2013 6:36 PM

Wow, can she take a punch. Her knees buckled but didn’t go down. Something tells me this isn’t the first time she’s been clocked.

65. meatsweat says: Oct 21, 2013 6:37 PM

I can’t believe the number of classless Jets fans are on here commenting that “she deserved it” or “she had it coming”. Simple rule: you don’t hit a woman, ever, for any reason…walk away.

66. thetooloftools says: Oct 21, 2013 6:39 PM

She got in his face. What was she thinking? She’s too pretty to hit? She’s in a bad place. I’m a male, I shut up and walk away. She may have learned a hard lesson. Keep your mouth shut around drunks. I have been called every name in the book flying the “other” teams colors. It’s just not worth it.

67. thethunderofgunns says: Oct 21, 2013 6:39 PM

Who exactly punched Belichick?

68. Mr. Wright 212 says: Oct 21, 2013 6:41 PM

This happens all the time at Jets games. Almost never at Giants games. All you need to know.

69. jolink653 says: Oct 21, 2013 6:44 PM

You wanna get rid of trash like that? Ban everyone caught instigating fights and throwing punches for life; you wanna act like that, take it somewhere else or get arrested and banned from future games

My friends invited me to the game yesterday and as a Patriots fan I knew better than to go because you can’t go there without being harassed and threatened and usually get beer/objects thrown at you, and i didn’t want the hassle of dealing with scumbags like that Jets fan, which unfortunately is what the stadium is full of

And the girl should have known better too: the fight had been broken up and she charged back in and tried hitting the guy, and probably got what she deserved for that, but as a man you NEVER hit a woman and any man who thinks it’s okay is a pathetic excuse for a man

70. all4patriots says: Oct 21, 2013 6:44 PM

If I saw a male Patriots fan doing that to a female Jets fan, I (a Patriots fan) would be all over the guy. It would be an embarrassment to not stand up to that.

Jets fans? They hardly notice, and nobody even raises a voice.

Gang green. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

71. Mr. Wright 212 says: Oct 21, 2013 6:44 PM

meatsweat says: Oct 21, 2013 6:37 PM

————

While I won’t speak on this guy, there ARE times where you are justified, especially if they are in your face, scratching and punching you. And you see it happen at games.

72. assuredmutualdestruction says: Oct 21, 2013 6:46 PM

joecool16280 says:Oct 21, 2013 5:54 PM

Southern hospitality maybe.
    ——————————————————–

Or maybe that’s just how everyone but niner fans act. What a clueless fanbase.

73. helix828 says: Oct 21, 2013 6:48 PM

meatsweat says:
    Oct 21, 2013 6:37 PM
    =================================

Yes, I’m sure every single person who said that is a Jets fan. ALL of them. Give me a break.

74. silverhornet says: Oct 21, 2013 6:51 PM

“Have you ever seen such cruelty?”

75. bcajun says: Oct 21, 2013 6:52 PM

Thats new york for you

76. micknangold says: Oct 21, 2013 6:52 PM

Stay class Jets fans? You mean Jets fan, right? Because it was one guy, not all of us. How stupid do you have to be to make a sweeping generalization like that?

77. bensstinkyfingers says: Oct 21, 2013 6:54 PM

W.W.J.B.D.? What would Jim Brown do?

78. marcinhouston says: Oct 21, 2013 6:56 PM

Everyone thinks this will happen in Oakland, New Orleans, Detroit, etc and it doesn’t. It happens in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, a bunch of drunks trying to prove they are tougher than their cities metrosexual reputation. It the NFL would stark cracking down where the incidents actually happen, not where stereotypes would say they do, it could be fixed.

79. pixelito says: Oct 21, 2013 6:57 PM

rcampore says:
    Oct 21, 2013 5:48 PM

——————————————————————————————————————

Sounds like your husband has you trained well.

80. mustafa67 says: Oct 21, 2013 6:58 PM

With the continuing stupidity that goes on at these games, normal, responsible people who have the disposable income to go to NFL games are going to stop going. So the violent, drunk losers will take over little by little. There will be a murder at an NFL game soon. Its a mathematical certainty.

81. helix828 says: Oct 21, 2013 7:00 PM

all4patriots says:
    Oct 21, 2013 6:44 PM

Jets fans? They hardly notice, and nobody even raises a voice.

Gang green. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

==============================

Sure you would. Until you actually, you know, had to do it.

82. ravensfan8780 says: Oct 21, 2013 7:04 PM

More breaking news Kurt Paschke who punched the woman is a convicted killer, stabbed and killed a woman at a pizza parlor

83. Patskrieg dot com says: Oct 21, 2013 7:04 PM

The fact that there are people joking and condoning a man punching a woman because they like different sports teams tells you everything you need to know the ivory tower that Patriots haters pretend to live on.

84. ambitoos says: Oct 21, 2013 7:10 PM

That would never happen in San Diego because the Charger fans never come to the games.

85. Wisconsin77 says: Oct 21, 2013 7:10 PM

Sorry, but if you are a woman and want to get involved in a fight between men and take a swing at someone, don’t be surprised if you get back. Hey, equality right?

86. fearthehoody says: Oct 21, 2013 7:12 PM

A woman gets slugged in the face and 1. No man steps up and beats the tar out of the guy 2. People are too stupid to help and rather watch/record. We’ve become a nation of morons.

87. jollyjoker2 says: Oct 21, 2013 7:13 PM

isn’t it ironic that nfl players can assault each other each week – yet the cops don’t come.~ I wonder what would happen if one of the players filed a complaint.

88. sbmcintosh36 says: Oct 21, 2013 7:14 PM

This is another incident of these drunken idiots at the stadiums and you can stop the “Jets circus” or any other Jets jokes because it’s just this week’s example of the ignorance that’s happening every week at every stadium it’s gotten so bad in San Fran they’ve got under cover cops posing as fans .
    I’ve been to Miami, Chicago, Indy, Meadowlands, Pitt and LA and the only one I’d go again was Indy ,there was a drunken idiot spewing hate at every game except Indy it’s a shame we can’t even go to a game any longer.

89. illicitbehavior says: Oct 21, 2013 7:15 PM

Being a Jets fan, how long did it take you to look up all of those big words you used?

90. handsomehawk says: Oct 21, 2013 7:15 PM

Looks like an episode of the Jersey Shore

91. classyjacklambert says: Oct 21, 2013 7:24 PM

Every party involved in this skirmish were wrong besides the folks trying to separate them. Ladies, never try to win a fist fight against a guy over a football game or words. Guys, be the bigger person and walk away. Disgusting behavior.

92. easywolf says: Oct 21, 2013 7:28 PM

What a scumbag family, period.

93. 8man says: Oct 21, 2013 7:28 PM

There is rarely anyone truly innocent in these melees.

But Chrebet? Really? So passe to wear a jersey of someone who left the team years ago, unless they won something in it.

You know with names like Milloy, Law, Bruschi, Fauria, Brown, Harrison and Brady. Oh, wait one of these guys is still playing….

94. davemishsr says: Oct 21, 2013 7:35 PM

I have worked Chargers games at Qualcomm Stadium and I can tell you with 100% certainty that this behavior is not tolerated by any security personnel therefs. I worked as a red shirt doing in-stadium crowd control and we would respond with zero tolerance to any incidents involving a physical altercation. In addition, blue shirts, or Alcohol Management Team members, would roam the stadium and be stationed at key locations. If you are involved in an altercation you are ejected without exception. If you are a season ticket holder you can lose your seat without a refund even if you lend or sell your ticket and that individual is involved in a physical altercation. The only way to stop this b*llsh*t once and for all is to ban alcohol entirely at NFL stadiums as if that will ever happen (too much money being made on booze sales). That means no alcohol in the parking lot too. I know people will scream bloody murder at the thought of not being able to drink at a NFL game but tough. The vast majority of fans go to root for their team but there is a growing number of fans who use gameday as an excuse to get hammered and then act like a hammered drunk. Most offenders at Qualcomm receive a summons to appear in court and are released on a PTA. The real morons are formally arrested, taken to jail and then processed before being released. There are other problems associated with drinking also. After every game we would find drunken individuals passed out and abandoned (usually females) by their friends. usually they are so intoxicated they cannot respond if you can manage to rouse them from their alcohol-induced slumbers. They have to be attended to by EMT’s and transported to an emergency room for evaluation to relieve all parties from any potential liabilities, a tremendous waste of resources. Then there is the matter of being exposed to bodily fluids of drunken individuals. People vomit, soil themselves, spit uncontrollably when speaking, etc as a result of abusing alcohol. Even though security is not charged with cleaning up bodily fluids we are exposed to them almost every game we work.

95. brucetrimble says: Oct 21, 2013 7:37 PM

There is no room for this type of behavior anywhere. The culprit needs to be banned from all NFL games. For life.

96. idothis2 says: Oct 21, 2013 7:40 PM

i wonder how Aaron Hernandez wouldve reacted to seein Brady hit by some random dude…

97. neatz says: Oct 21, 2013 7:47 PM

Definition of a Jets fan in NY:
    One who cannot Afford GIANTS Jersey forget the Tickets for GMen game..

98. pawnjockey1 says: Oct 21, 2013 7:50 PM

Stupid north eastern fans…same thing happened in Philly back in ’09 by an Eagles fan hitting a female Cowboys fan. Pathetic, miserable excuses for people need to take stock of their lives and try and quit passing on deplorable characteristics to the next generation.

99. Mr. Wright 212 says: Oct 21, 2013 7:52 PM

Get rid of the alcohol.

100. footballnut2011 says: Oct 21, 2013 7:53 PM

They will ban beer at all games by 2015 thanks to these clowns. People, please act like adults and not gang-bangers. My god!!!!

101. bleedsoe9mm says: Oct 21, 2013 7:53 PM

I’m a pats fan , and if the video is too be believed she assaulted him first and deserved what she got

102. jimbo75025 says: Oct 21, 2013 7:54 PM

@davemishsr

Perhaps you need to research American history between about 1920-1940 or so. Prohibition was a rowsing failure which did more harm than good.

Many (most) college stadiums have alcohol bans-do you think that stops 99.9% of people who want to drink? Hell, the entire area around my colleges stadium reeked of bourbon for two days after a game.

Patrol, police, and deal with problems swiftly in an effective manner. 99% of adults at NFL games are responsible people-punishing them for the behavior of the 1% is not the way to go.

103. FinFan68 says: Oct 21, 2013 7:54 PM

I don’t condone hitting a woman however there are exceptions to that rule. I wouldn’t attack a woman but if she is the aggressor and hits me I would probably shove her away. If she comes back swinging she is getting punched, woman or not.

104. jimbo75025 says: Oct 21, 2013 7:56 PM

Grrr-rousing. We need an edit function.

105. thelastpieceofcheese says: Oct 21, 2013 8:06 PM

Good thing there were no forty-whiners fans around!

106. polapea says: Oct 21, 2013 8:13 PM

Dude needs to be arrested for wearing a Wayne Cherbet jersey and Zubaz.

107. jetsjetsjetsnow says: Oct 21, 2013 8:15 PM

What can you say to something like this???
    No excuse for this appalling behavior!!

Just another sports Schmuck Fan!

Throw him in jail!! Ban him for life!!

108. GrossmanDaSexCannon says: Oct 21, 2013 8:19 PM

I’m against hitting women, and I’m also for treating women equally.

So with all that said, Pats fan probably deserved it.

109. billsfanaddict says: Oct 21, 2013 8:27 PM

sounds like a jets fan

110. jrc323 says: Oct 21, 2013 8:33 PM

Say what you will about my fellow Philly fans, but if this happened in our stadium this “guy” wouldn’t make it out without a few medics and a gurney.

111. steviethewiz says: Oct 21, 2013 8:38 PM

“neatz says: Oct 21, 2013 7:47 PM

Definition of a Jets fan in NY:
    One who cannot Afford GIANTS Jersey forget the Tickets for GMen game..”

Is this even English? Are you in first grade dude?
    Sad you’re calling yourself out as a Giant fan…..Try winning a game this season fool. Enjoy last place in the toilet that is the NFC East Loser.

112. hor2012 says: Oct 21, 2013 8:42 PM

I was eight years old and watching tv with my father when my mother called him into the bedroom. I sat there for a little while before I got up and asked my daddy what was taking so long and he was missing the movie. when I got into the room my mother told me that my uncle my dad’s brother and been murdered by his son’s mother. I don’t remember much of what happen. But, I do remember my grandmother crying and saying why did she shoot him he was walking away.
    Now I agree with everyone that says this was stupid and unnecessary but I’m not going to insult this man for what he did. She was advancing toward him and for all you want to be more holier than thou folks. He could have turned and walked away and got a knife in his back for his trouble. But, again it’s just a game it should never get that bad.

113. rdillage says: Oct 21, 2013 8:45 PM

To be fair the Jets fan probably thought the Pats fan was a guy with Tom Brady hair not a woman. Stay classy NY

114. seanb20124 says: Oct 21, 2013 8:46 PM

Video shows woman instigating this man. Drunks of either sexes fail to make proper decisions.

115. packersarethebest says: Oct 21, 2013 8:48 PM

A classless/dysfunctional franchise having classless/dysfunctional/emotionally unstable fans? I am SHOCKED!

116. samoanjungle says: Oct 21, 2013 8:50 PM

It clearly looked like he was backing off and she was charging and punching him.
    I’ve never hit a woman but probably would have in that case.
    That being said, with that creepy smile on his face, it looked like he was enjoying himself so maybe he started it all.

117. Dogsweat says: Oct 21, 2013 8:57 PM

*************************************************

With respect and thanks to helping others as a Security Person, you must take a day off when the Raider Fans from L.A. come to San Diego to torment the Charger fans. Having been to a game between these two in San Diego, it was horrific. The Raider fans from L.A. are there to destroy the place and bait Charger fans, who do nothing but want to root for their team. I have seen Raider fans urinate on Charger fans in their own stadium, stick their middle fingers in Charger fans face during the game. I have seen L.A. Gang Members stick there arms out to show and scare the Chargers fans and to intimidate them. The majority of Charger fans don’t go to those games, because of the destruction of what Raider Fans do to he stadium and how disrespectful they are. They cut in line, they block Charger fans from using the bathroom in their own stadium. I have seen sections cleared out, when Charger fans have tried to defend themselves. If somebody was annoying with yelling “Raiders” in your ear and giving you the finger in your own stadium, you could understand how frustrated Charger Fans are with this game. It was like Charger fans have to keep their mouths shut and their hands tied behind their back, tailgating is even worse as the Raider fans from L.A. start fights with Charger fans who are trying have a nice barbeque.

118. selldannysell says: Oct 21, 2013 8:58 PM

I was at FedEx Field a few years ago for a game, and a Skins fan spat on a little girl who was wearing a Giants jersey. That’s what did it for me in terms of attending NFL games.

119. gohometrolls says: Oct 21, 2013 9:00 PM

Well hitting a woman is disgusting but there’s no way she should have attacked him first they should both be arrested and then shamed publicly for stupidity.

120. pcoisma says: Oct 21, 2013 9:01 PM

When you stop acting like a lady. You loose all rights to be treated like a lady.

121. tonyc920 says: Oct 21, 2013 9:01 PM

If I said it appears Alcohol was involved , would I be wrong ?

OK so you’re not supposed to hit chicks but that wasn’t a real punch, more like a drunken swing.

No comment seeing we don’t know all the details but stuff like that shouldn’t happen.

122. filthymcnastyog says: Oct 21, 2013 9:09 PM

No Suprise Here. Just Another D Bag Jets fan

123. metintodd says: Oct 21, 2013 9:21 PM

As if there were any more reasons to hate New York. First the Jets conspire with the NFL to cheat to win a football game and now this. Can the Jets and the NFL sink any lower? I’m boycotting all NFL games next week after that bogus ruling went against the Pats.

124. annes22 says: Oct 21, 2013 9:25 PM

This is no surprise that a Jet’s fan hits a woman. They are the worst fans, and you couldn’t give me a ticket to go to a Jets game in NY. Drunk and throwing up I can do without at a game, and I had a horrible experience at a Jets v Dolphins game, I would never set foot in that crappy stadium again.

125. kokomike says: Oct 21, 2013 9:28 PM

This episode is about to get ugly. Really ugly.

126. justanotherdummy says: Oct 21, 2013 9:30 PM

If you are aghast and outraged by this you should be thanking your lucky stars that your life is so soft. The odds are pretty good in a city or town near where you live, tonight somebody is going to be shot or stabbed to death over something just as trivial. She took a poke at a guy who wasn’t willing to let it go and got punched/pushed in the face. Big deal. It isn’t like she got knocked down and he ground and pounded her to a bloody mess. I doubt she is an innocent victim here, and he is a tool. Life is like that sometimes.

127. richndc says: Oct 21, 2013 9:41 PM

this story will be even more bizarre when this guy’s identity is revealed. just watch….

128. thefiesty1 says: Oct 21, 2013 9:48 PM

What did she say to the Jets fan? Some of these loud mouths deserve to have it shut for them.

129. edwinmoses says: Oct 21, 2013 9:59 PM

if you’re going to go tiger hunting be prepared to catch a tiger

130. picking6s says: Oct 21, 2013 10:01 PM

Alleged jets fan spent 3 years in prison for fatally stabbing a 17 yr old in the 1990s… The pats woman got lucky

131. chawk12thman says: Oct 21, 2013 10:08 PM

She should be investigated for the assault. He also may be guilty of a crime but it appears he is using the defense that “he hit her like a girl” so it is even……….

132. kelsey59 says: Oct 21, 2013 10:18 PM

Meanwhile, the NFL is investigating a Jets player touching Brady doing the game. Fines to follow.

133. joedeez says: Oct 21, 2013 10:46 PM

That’ll teach her to leave the kitchen. Now go make a man a sammich’

134. thegoodfight12 says: Oct 21, 2013 11:27 PM

In 5 years when you can’t drink alcohol at an NFL stadium we can all thank this guy and other people like them. Add “Drunk/violent/insecure D-Bags” to the long list of why I prefer to stay at home and watch the game. “Oh hundreds of dollars to go to a game AND I get to deal with drunk idiots wearing a mediocre player’s jersey?!?! SIGN ME UP!!!!”

135. gadzod says: Oct 21, 2013 11:29 PM

Arrest both of them for assault. Not only that, but ban the convict Jets fan from ever entering the stadium again (He was convicted in the 90’s for fatally stabbing someone in a fight….he served 3 years).

136. jw1991 says: Oct 21, 2013 11:52 PM

i didnt know chris brown was a jets fan.

137. randalpnaditch says: Oct 22, 2013 12:11 AM

Been to many different stadiums. Would only take a child to Lambeau Field. Something special there. Maybe because its a small town. Plenty of drinking going on there, somehow it is totally different than anywhere else. I’m not saying there are not classless fans, just saying i never saw any violence, never felt nervous there. Hell the fans in there parking lot would feed you and offer you all you want. You can wear your own team jersey. You may hate the Packers and there fans but you can at least take your kids there and enjoy a game.

138. mackcarrington says: Oct 22, 2013 12:22 AM

This is why I make fun of middle aged men wearing their favorite players jerseys at football games.

139. bigbadal21 says: Oct 22, 2013 1:13 AM

I have never hit a woman in my life and I never intend to but what was he suppose to do? He was clearly backing away and she was clearly advancing on him. He certainly did not hit her with bad intentions. Just how much was he suppose to take? Should he have waited until she poked his eye out? He clearly was not the agressor in this unless something happened prior to the video.

140. robyesno says: Oct 22, 2013 2:22 AM

Booze and questionable character is a bad mixture. I was at a Colts game with friends who were the visiting team (Pat’s fans) and the man behind me kept harassing my 5 year-old grandson, accusing him of leaning back in his seat too far. The truth of the matter was the child was small, still, and barely noticeable. The real source of his irritation was our winning at the moment. But he felt the price of the ticket and his home turf gave him the right to be surly and hostile against us as visiting fans whilst Brady was getting the best of Manning that day. I almost had to hand it to him ( us behind, of course)! To this date I equate colts fans ( maybe unfairly) to be the same rude and obnoxious louts as he was. On the other hand, I have been with the visiting team at Steeler games on numerous occasions, both at Three Rivers Stadium and, then, Heinz Field; yeah, they’re intensely loyal, and boisterous, and competitive in supporting their team, but, they’re not at all criminal, as others are, threatening opposing fans. I cheer loudly for my team, too, but Steeler fans don’t want to make you stop, they just wanna drown you out!! Team loyalty needs to be taken in the right context – it’s a game, a friendly rivalry, not WAR!

141. mf7krime says: Oct 22, 2013 2:40 AM

This will ruin that guy’s life once his identity hits the internet. There’s a new type of justice brought on by social media for better or for worse but man oh man I’m glad I’m not that guy.

He’ll get death threats, hate mail, and every other type of retaliatory angle the angry interwebers can think of.

Nice going, your terrible decisions finally caught up to you and ruined your life proper. Good riddins scumbag.

142. jetfan74 says: Oct 22, 2013 2:49 AM

As a 4 yr season ticket holder I’ve seen the oh so classy Pats fans come into a hostile environment and run their mouths to no end. I am going to guess someone’s boyfriend wrote a check his butt couldn’t cash. Now, not one, but two women attacked the guy and lucky contestant number two just couldn’t help herself!!! I’ll chalk it up to ignorant Pats fans getting what they deserved. YOU DON’T GO INTO AN AWAY STADIUM AND RUN YOUR MOUTH. I’ve been to Miami, Buffalo, Denver and I knew better. Talk all the crap you want about Jets fans but it’s the same everywhere you go.

143. wnstonchill says: Oct 22, 2013 3:17 AM

That was no fight! That was part of Rex Ryan’s “footsy” ritual……..He pretends to be a man and before the “foot deal”, he punches her first. (he probably had “her” wear a Patriots uniform so he could be dominant over her.

144. mannyicey says: Oct 22, 2013 4:55 AM

Maybe I’m the only one, but I always thought that women who were passionate about their football teams were kinda hot. I would have reveled in it, especially if she tried to get into my face. I would have thought it was cute.

But a typical blond woman can’t hurt me, though. You see, I’m a man. I’ve never hit a female, ever. I’ve had a “fight” with two of them in 4th Grade, but I never threw a punch or anything. I just blocked their punches, talked to them to make sure that they felt better and won the “fight.”

That’s what men do. And if she punched him, call the police.

145. capegolfer says: Oct 22, 2013 6:53 AM

He killed (stabbed) a 17 year old boy that he got into a fight with years earlier. Only served three years because of a plea deal that undoubtly his Dad (Sargent on the NY police force) pulled some strings. I’m sure the family of the deceased boy are horrified seeing this scumbag making the news for yet another violent attack. Americas judicial system at work, so basicly don’t look for any charges to come out of this. Keep slugging away you low life piece of crap.

146. jbeagles23 says: Oct 22, 2013 9:46 AM

Seen the same thing happen years ago at the eagles giants game at the old meadowlands. A male giants fan slugged a female wearing an Akers jersey. And simply cause she was talking smack

147. multiplemiggs says: Oct 22, 2013 9:53 AM

LOL @capegolfer too bad this is America and your past record cant be brought up bc of some other nonsense. Take your liberal nonsense and go watch tennis where no one can cheer during games.

148. Mr. Wright 212 says: Oct 22, 2013 1:04 PM

Stop lying jbeagles.

149. teemac22 says: Oct 22, 2013 3:20 PM

I think Deacon Jones – who raised the head slap to an art form, said it best. He used the tactic “…to give myself an initial head start on the pass rush, in other words an extra step. Because anytime you go upside a man’s head … or a woman’s … they may have a tendency to blink they [sic] eyes or close they eyes. And that’s all I needed. The head slap was not my invention, but Rembrandt, of course, did not invent painting.”

He even addresses the female component of this story. RIP Deacon!

150. hbk72777 says: Oct 22, 2013 4:29 PM

Thid idiot is from my hometown.

He killed another kid in 1992.

He is a member of a neo nazi organization

his father is a Suffolk county cop (fattest, laziest, most overpaid in the nation) Whic is why he only served 4 years for murder.

All of this can be confirmed by searching Google archives.

Hope this fat idiot goes to prison for a long, long time.

151. multiplemiggs says: Oct 22, 2013 5:31 PM

They have places to bring your children. ITS CALLED DISNEYWORLD.

152. scalfor3 says: Oct 22, 2013 6:07 PM

You know it’s possible to defend yourself from a woman without throwing a punch, right?

Unless, of course, said woman is Holly Mangold.

153. arealsnotnosedkid says: Oct 23, 2013 12:02 PM

I don’t beleive in hitting a woman, but when one is charging me with claw wide open like she was…

Don’t want to be treated like a man then don’t put yourself in a man’s situation.

154. arealsnotnosedkid says: Oct 23, 2013 12:08 PM

The latest…

The investigation revealed that Amanda MacDowell and Jaclyn Nugent were observed kicking and punching Paschke in the body and head. Shortly thereafter, Paschke was observed striking Nugent with a punch to the face. David James Sacco then was observed striking Paschke in the face,” the police said in a statement.

155. Mr. Wright 212 says: Oct 23, 2013 2:09 PM

All bets are off, then. And they would have been out cold if I struck them, not just staggered, as they were after HE hit them.

156. 1historian says: Oct 24, 2013 10:20 AM

I remember the Pats-Jets game that started the 2007 season. The jets QB got hurt and you could hear the jets fans cheering so loud (I was listening to the radio in my car) that even the broadcasters had to remark on it.

Stay classy jets fans – your reward for being jets fans is being jets fans.

157. forsbergler says: Oct 24, 2013 5:22 PM

Yds per Game 366 Yds Ranked 1st
    Passing Td’s 12 Ranked 1st
    Int’s 3 Ranked T 4th
    Sacked 9 Times Ranked 2nd
    QB Rating 123.3 Ranked 1st
    3rd Down Conv. 53 % Ranked 1st

Here’s some food for thought, here are a few QB’s with better QB rating than Brady this year.

Keenum
    Foles
    Locker
    Newton
    Dalton
    Cassel
    Lewis
    Pryor
    Griffin
    Tannehill
    Manuel
    Glennon

What other proof do you need that this guy is so over rated it’s not even funny?

158. Mr. Wright 212 says: Oct 24, 2013 5:42 PM

You’ll never get them to admit it. Then they have the nerve to bring up three tainted Super Bowls, which look even more dubious since he’s looked worse than Peyton ever did in playoff games since then.

159. bach2112 says: Oct 25, 2013 8:28 AM

Pats haven’t won SB since Parcells core let the team.

160. randomguy9999 says: Oct 25, 2013 9:08 PM

she was pretty crazy jumping in the middle of that, but he should have got a whipping