Browns sign Brian Tyms off Dolphins practice squad

Jonas Gray, Brian Tyms, Marvin McNutt AP

The Browns signed a wide receiver off a practice squad Tuesday, taking it on good faith that he has two intact ACLs.

The team announced they had signed wideout Brian Tyms from the Dolphins practice squad. To make room for him on the roster, they waived wide receiver Tori Gurley.

Tyms, originally an undrafted rookie from Florida A&M, went to camp with the 49ers last year, but spent 2012 and the first seven weeks of this season with the Dolphins.

The Browns ended up with damaged goods when they signed Charles Johnson off the Packers practice squad, only to find out he had a torn ACL.

Permalink 16 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Home, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill
16 Responses to “Browns sign Brian Tyms off Dolphins practice squad”
  1. nologoforme says: Oct 22, 2013 5:20 PM

Adding depth to justify the trade of Josh Gordon! Go Lombardi! Go Banner!

2. supermadelf says: Oct 22, 2013 5:20 PM

So, since Gurley played in a regular game this past Sunday in Green Bay (I think) is he still eligible for a practice squad spot? Or, is he just screwed?

3. doctorrustbelt says: Oct 22, 2013 5:26 PM

What team has the 4th most dropped passes in the NFL???

ANSWER: Cleveland Browns

4. doctorrustbelt says: Oct 22, 2013 5:27 PM

Gordon, Bess, and Little are Drop Soldiers.

5. multiplemiggs says: Oct 22, 2013 5:40 PM

Why anyone is an actual fan of these pathetic franchises is mind boggling. I would rather watch puppies drown then have to watch these teams actually try and win every week.

6. fishyinalittledishy says: Oct 22, 2013 5:43 PM

Lay off Bess Browns fans he is the best receiver you guys have. He is the sort of player the Patriots would turn into a pro bowler and are probably keeping an eye on.

7. latinlover11 says: Oct 22, 2013 6:07 PM

I didn’t even realize that Tyms was still on the Dolphins practice squad. He has plenty of speed, but is very raw. Could have some upside, esp. in a more vertical offense.

8. ytownjoe says: Oct 22, 2013 8:38 PM

We may never know how good Tyms is. The Browns don’t seem to have a QB with the ability to throw an accurate pass.

9. ravensenvysteelers says: Oct 22, 2013 9:00 PM

The Browns ended up with damaged goods when they signed Charles Johnson off the Packers practice squad, only to find out he had a torn ACL…..in a nutshell…the Cleveland browns!

10. AlaskanSalmon says: Oct 23, 2013 1:23 AM

To bad weeden is still our QB i feel sorry for our WRs.

11. pabrownsfan says: Oct 23, 2013 8:28 AM

Great another to overthrow.

12. bigbensucks says: Oct 23, 2013 8:39 AM

multiplemiggs says: Oct 22, 2013 5:40 PM

__________________________________

Here is a simple solution for you multiplemiggs:

Pick up your remote a change the channel if you don’t want to watch. You don’t have to watch them. It very easy to do. Just press the channel up or down button or punch in the number of the channel you want to watch.

Try it. It’s very simple

13. thegodshonesttruth says: Oct 23, 2013 9:22 AM

Hey bigbensucks, I’m not sure with a post like multiplemiggs made if he/she has the brain power to work a remote. There are worse teams than the Browns right now. It’s been bad for a while but it feels like they are actually trying now. As long as we don’t end up with Johnny Football we might be OK next season.

14. multiplemiggs says: Oct 23, 2013 9:37 AM

Oh believe me I dont watch. Yet I dont know why you do. At least I wont die knowing I have never won anything.

15. realkelevra says: Oct 23, 2013 10:01 AM

Multiplemiggs, not sure who you root for, but in simple terms, it’s called being a fan.

You see, not everyone is blessed with being born and raised in cities where teams regularly win championships. I guess I could just cheer on whoever has the best chance to win it all every year, which is what you probably do, but I rather back the team I grew up with and invested in highs and lows with my whole life.

I makes finally winning that title all the sweeter.

16. bigbensucks says: Oct 23, 2013 1:12 PM

multiplemiggs says: Oct 23, 2013 9:37 AM

__________________________________

Ok, If you are not watching, why are you here running your mouth?

It you are not watching, then it is none of your business.

Go troll somewhere else