Josh Freeman has a concussion, Vikings may turn back to Ponder

Getty Images

The news at quarterback for the Vikings isn’t getting any better.

Josh Freeman, who had a bad outing in starting his first game with the Vikings on Monday night, has suffered a concussion and may not be able to play this week against Green Bay, the team announced.

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier confirmed today that Freeman’s status is in doubt, and that if Freeman can’t go, Christian Ponder would return to the starting lineup when the Packers come to town on Sunday night.

Although the Vikings won’t have any official word on Freeman’s status until he goes through the league-mandated concussion protocol, Frazier said the Vikings are currently preparing as if Ponder is going to be the starter.

It’s not clear when Freeman suffered the concussion, but Frazier said he didn’t see anything on Monday night to make him think Freeman was showing any symptoms of a head injury.

Assuming Freeman isn’t cleared to return, Ponder will get his first start since Week Three, and Matt Cassel will be Ponder’s backup.

183 responses to “Josh Freeman has a concussion, Vikings may turn back to Ponder

1. And Freeman laughs all the way to the bank. Talk about fleecing the Vikes, they got hosed on this one.

2. Everyone!

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round. The Wheels on the bus…….

3. The guy just sucks! In his last 10 starts he has a completion % below 50% and has a QB rating around 49.

4. Since when did they determine that Freeman suffered a concussion? But hey, if it gives them a chance to sit him down for now, that’s fine with me.

You can laugh about Ponder if you want, but the last time Ponder started against the Packers, he led the Vikings to a 37-34 victory, and a playoff birth. And as for this year, at least the offense put points on the board when Ponder was in there; that’s far more than can be said for Freeman’s and Cassel’s latest performances.

The long-term solution at QB for the Vikings is not on their current roster. But right now, Ponder is there best option, whether Freeman has a concussion or not.

5. Does Frazier have a concussion? Because I can’t think of a good reason as to why you’d let Freeman throw it that much and only give AP 19 carries. AP should’ve gotten at least 25 carries…

6. jdubkc says:Oct 23, 2013 12:41 PM

Everyone!

==================================
    LOL! Thanks for the laugh. As a Viking fan, it’s better than bemoaning their incompetence.

7. Concussion?
    Translation: This guy stinks and this is our trumped up excuse to bench him so that we might win a another game or two this season…

8. He probably got it when Frazier repeatedly slammed his head into the wall during the film session Monday.

9. The Viking coaching staff said they were extremely impressed with Freeman on Monday night. Coach Frazier says he was “very sharp and the few throws he missed were because of mechanics that will easily be fixed”….

10. Freeman’s agent deserves “Agent of the Year” for orchartrating his release from Tampa and conning another team into letting him start. Impressive stuff.

11. Are they just trying to make an excuse for his abysmal play or looking for an excuse to bench him already? Maybe they didn’t want to subject him to boos from the home crowd on Sunday. What a laughable organization. They should just blow it all up now rather than wait for the offseason.

12. Ponder is streets ahead of Freeman, probably the best news that Vikings fans have heard all week, even though some cant stand Ponder.

13. now everyone has seen what bucs fans have seen cant hit an open receiver or throw the short ball or scan the field or run or not look like a deer in the headlights every time he comes off the field he is terrible

14. Well that explains his awful outing this past Monday night at the Giants. I still can’t wrap my head around the fact the Vikings even signed this guy.

15. Cassel probably gives them the best chance against the Packers…… but unless they figure out a way to give AP the ball more than 13 times, it won’t make a difference.

16. It’s Phase 3 of Spielman’s master plan! We’ll have the #1 overall pick locked up before Thanksgiving. Well done, Rick!

17. filthy you are the worst packer fan that posts on here it was the last straw what you called viking fans horrible human beings, each time I tried to post that it got deleted from the post I cant believe how many likes that got, its so immature calling another teams fan horrible human beings and I am glad ponder is starting being he did beat the pack, when we played the last game in reg season, so ponder lets do it again.

18. With Ponder back in the lineup, that means Musgrave will turn back to the running game.

Instead of 10-13 carries, AP will have 15.

19. The Vikings really muffed this one. They literally threw this guy to the wolves with no preparation in front of a National audience and he was so amped up he was overthrowing his receivers by several feet…I actually felt bad for the guy…I think heads will roll after the season in Minnesota

20. No! Ponder is just good enough and knows the playbook enough to keep us from teddy. And no I’m not a bad vikes fan what else is there to root for? The coaches will be gone so I can’t root for them to succeed, freeman is not the future, certainly when were going to fire our coaches the new ones will want their own guy. I can root for the rookies I guess?

21. This reminds me of a few years ago when we “won” against the Redskins and lost out on Luck and RG3. Folks, the only thing left of this season is where are we going to Draft. Sadly, I am hoping we
    Win the First pick and let our horrible coaches move on.

22. assuredmutualdestruction says:Oct 23, 2013 12:49 PM

But…but…I thought Rick Spielman was a genius??? Trade Harvin away and then trade for Freeman? That’s some A+ talent evaluation right there folks. SMH
    ______

Harvin hasn’t played a game this year and his favorite pasttime is throwing dumbbells at coaches. They didn’t trade for Freeman, they got him for nothing. I guess you’re the genius.

23. Someone on this forum predicted that after Ponder was removed as our starter; “…in the very near future Vikings fans are going to be wishing we had Ponder back …”. to that I have two comments;

1) Kudo’s for calling it!
    2) How many fans were thinking, by the second quarter on Monday nights game, that Ponder would have had a better showing against the Giants and should have had replaced Freeman starting the second half. Sure Freeman may have chance to beat out Ponder after a few more weeks of acclimating to MN offense, but Monday was certainly too early.

24. thepftpoet says:
    Oct 23, 2013 12:44 PM
    The whole Vikings coaching staff has a concussion….
    ——————————————–
    HEY!!!!!! I was going to say that. Apart from the fact he got hurt, he should sit since wasn’t he only with the team 1 1/2 weeks before he started? I didn’t expect him to be any good when they played NYG anyway. He still needs for time with the offense. Then again, does this mean that Ponder’s future is starting to look bright again? LOL. I can hear the boos now as he trots onto the field.

25. Wow, this is a soap opera. Wheres wild fire (#4).

Man I miss him. He had some bad games too, but never thought of benching him once. If Ponder, Cassel or Freeman have a bad game or a head case……..they are pulled.

26. After watching Cassel and Freeman lead us to the two worst consecutive performances in team history, I’m ready to roll with Ponder again. I hope he plays like he did the last time he played the Packers. I’d like to see Ponder stay on the team next year as the backup to Bridgewater, Boyd, Hundley, or Mariota. Or maybe we get Clowney and Ponder starts for a while until the second-round QB is ready to be put in.

27. We are the laughing stock of the league right now and have been for many years but this has got to be the worst…Come on Tony Dungy come back home to Minny!!!

28. I remember when all of the Vikings fans were defending Christian Ponder when other people said he isn’t that good.

Vikings are a joke. They are wasting Adrian Peterson’s prime years, they can’t evaluate quarterbacks, They had 3 first round picks and I’ve yet to see any of them make much of an impact.

Hope the Vikings enjoy their top 5 pick.

29. How many times did Freeman get sacked Monday Night? Very mimimal. So how did Freeman get the concussion? I’m chalking this up to be a fake injury just to get Ponder to save Frazier and Spielman’s asses.

Waste of 2 million dollars.

30. Time for the Freeman apologists to use this as an excuse for his crappy Monday performance. I don’t know what it is with this guy that everyone makes excuses for him. Freeman didn’t even have the desire to make it on time to meetings in tampa and that was as the starting qb with 100000000 dollar extension on the line. Why would anyone think he would light it up in Minnesota on a one year deal for 3 million.

Freeman just can’t cut the mustard it’s that easy.

31. 1 – Hold your fist (either one) over your mouth
    2 – start to mumble the word bulls**t and then cough at the same time.

There is no way in God’s green earth he has a concussion unless it was from smacking himself in the head in disgust every time he overthrew a receiver by 15 yards.

Frazier is pulling the rug over his own tracks, but the pieces of bread keep falling out of his pocket.

This reminds me of Fast Times at Ridgemont High when they were trying to figure out what to do after they crashed the car…it is almost getting to the point of hysterical.

If I was a betting man, I’d say the odds of Frazier still being the HC by Christmas Day are slim to none at this pace. Spielman should be shown the door even sooner if they want a GM going into next year, but I’m pretty sure he has naked pics or crooked bank statements hanging over the heads of the Wilfs.

32. vikingsfan4life says:
    Oct 23, 2013 12:59 PM

________________________

Whoh, slow down nellie. Ya still got the Jags out there as well as Tampa.
    That said… Still be a top 5 pick!!!

33. To all of the people relying on Ponder because he beat the packers last time, let’s not forget the most important fact of all, and that is that Rodgers has beat the vikings 9 times. You can’t ignore that fact, and if I were to put money on one of these QBs, I’d put it on the QB with 9 wins, not 1.

34. And to think after Dalton had a bad game most of my fellow Bengals fan were crying for the Bengals to pick up freeman. This guy just doesn’t have what it takes to be a pro.

35. backdapack4evr says: Oct 23, 2013 12:44 PM

When Viking fans are happy that ponder is starting, that may be rock bottom!!

duece5 says:

Oh backda, YOU must have the concussion my friend…..the Vikes BEAT your pukes the last time we faced them, oh, yes, and it was PONDER that was the qb with a nice performance.

Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it.

Will laugh my head off if Ponder pulls it off, leaving the pukes in misery!!

36. Rick Spielman is a Mortician says:
    Oct 23, 2013 1:15 PM
    I hope we finish the year 3-13 and the two additional victories are against the Packers.

****************************************

Quitting on the season and it’s not even Halloween.

Must be humiliating.

37. so what emoney rodgers played when ponder played against you guys last year so may the best team win, you can have a bad game and you can have a good game. Look at the Broncos they had a bad game and lost so dont count your chickens before they hatch, and I am not saying the vikings are going to win, but with a different quarter back than freeman we have a better chance.

38. Rick Spielman is a Magician says:Oct 23, 2013 1:04 PM

assuredmutualdestruction says:Oct 23, 2013 12:49 PM

______

———————————————————-
    I might not be a genius, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once…lol

It really doesn’t take a genius to see that the Vikings are pathetic though. Harvin is 100% now and getting ready to shred defenses for Seattle. And he actually has a quality coaching staff so I’m not too concerned about him throwing any dumbells. You see, my point earlier was that a good GM acquires talent instead of trading it away. Harvin was a net loss for you based on talent and potential alone. Freeman is just a net loss period regardless of what you gave for him.

39. duece5 says:
    Oct 23, 2013 1:30 PM
    backdapack4evr says: Oct 23, 2013 12:44 PM

When Viking fans are happy that ponder is starting, that may be rock bottom!!

duece5 says:

Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it.

Will laugh my head off if Ponder pulls it off, leaving the pukes in misery!!

—————————-

I agree that this game cannot be looked over by the Pack…Especially with all the injuries. However, MN was better in all phases of football last year than they are this year. It’s kind of baffling how badly they’re struggling.

40. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: Oct 23, 2013 1:04 PM

assuredmutualdestruction says:Oct 23, 2013 12:49 PM

______

_________________________________

They have to pay him 3 million or whatever the balance of the season was that he wasn’t in TB, I believe….granted 3 million may or may not be a lot….not sure how strapped the Vikes are financially. The problem bringing him in like they did is it caused a QB controversy on top of a minor one they may have already technically had. All that did or will continue to do is tear that locker room to shreds when the media starts talking to the rest of the team about who should be the QB…just wait.

I agree with the Magician on part 1…..Harvin was a cancer, was also a major liability, and didn’t play yet this year. He may very well have to play with bright sun one of these days and miss another game or 3. I seriously think getting rid of him may have been one of the best things to happen in MN. Could you imagine him in the Vikings locker room if he was still around with all this going on?? Holy balls.

I hate to say it and it will sting some….but you have to imagine that Peterson is in his head already pondering with his agent about asking for a trade out of there.

41. chiadam says:
    Oct 23, 2013 12:48 PM
    The NFL should mandate that the Vikings play clown music whenever the offense takes the field. Or whenever Les Frasier does something.
    ————————————————-

I was think the theme song from Benny Hill might be appropriate. Seriously, we currently have the no.3 pick for next year based on the present standings….why screw that up!! Just suck it and see if we can jump TB for #2 and draft Clowney, so we can ruin his career! I love the Vikings since I was a kid, but they are slowly (40 yrs later) killing me!!

42. Last week you know the Vikings fans were thinking in the back oh their minds ” Maybe Freeman is gonna have some unbelievable season and take us to the Superbowl”. You know they were thinking it but would never admit it.

43. I’m going to get a concussion from beating my head against the wall!

If we don’t succeed this year AP is gone within the next 2-3 years. Same thing happened with the Wolves and KG, can we get Ricky Rubio out there to pass?

44. “Concussion” really has become code word for “we’re too cowardly to admit that we are sitting this QB because he sucks out loud”.

45. realskipbayless says: Oct 23, 2013 1:28 PM

_________________________________

You can have Freeman, but you have to give us Dalton. Hell we’ll even throw in Ponder.

46. This maybe a tough game for the Packers to win. yeah they lost to Ponder last year but now they have Eddie Lacey and they can run the ball effectively. Packers defense is playing well shorthanded and AP has a bad groin and didn’t show up against the Putrid Giants. I see the Packers winning 27- 13, but they could explode and win by more. Green Bay will be ready for a trap game and the Packers will play hard to win the next 2 key division games to gain a strong hold on the NFC North. It looks like the Packers will have to grind out wins this year to win the division and gain at least one home playoff game at home. Freeman should have signed with the Raiders . He would have been better off in the long run. The NFL is a war of attrition . GO PACK GO !

47. Did he not finish the game? I turned it off late in the 4th and he was still in. Did he bump his head gettin on the plane or something?

Oh well, for all of those thinking he was the savior you can go ahead and scratch that.

48. As the late great Bud Grant once famously said “Viking fans are small people (metaphorically speaking), living small lives, beneath the giant shadow of the Green Bay Packers.

49. duece5 says:
    Oct 23, 2013 1:30 PM
    backdapack4evr says: Oct 23, 2013 12:44 PM

When Viking fans are happy that ponder is starting, that may be rock bottom!!

duece5 says:

Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it.

Will laugh my head off if Ponder pulls it off, leaving the pukes in misery!!

—————————-

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

AND….at that time, MN was a top 8 or 10 DEF…maybe even top 5 and the “pukes” were like 28th. Now the Packers are #5 in the NFL and the Vikings are fighting for the last spot in the cellar.

I agree they can’t look past this game, and with AP there’s always a chance, but if I see the same look that I saw in a few Vikes’ faces the other night against the gAints…..by halftime, this may be bordering on a skunk. I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if Rodgers sits at some point in this game, if they get a good lead.

50. darkneptune73 says:Oct 23, 2013 1:16 PM

_______

He was sacked once, but he wound up on his back 53 times. You don’t have to be hanging onto the ball to get hit.

51. Schiano was right to dump him and I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad Buffalo did not end up with this pile. Never thought I would be happy the Bills were the “losers” in a free agent signing race.

52. 4greatestvikingever says:Oct 23, 2013 1:43 PM

The fantasy bye week does suck, I was having to start Freeman as my 2nd QB in 2 leagues, now I’m really screwed.
    _____

You’re telling me Ponder isn’t available to pick up? Oh, and you may as well pick up Cassel too, because he’ll probably be starting next week.

53. This reminds me of a few years ago when we “won” against the Redskins and lost out on Luck and RG3.

But you could have had Russell Wilson. You blew that too and we didn’t. Yes, I’m still mad about Steve Hutchinson 😀

54. I love the comments that this explains why he played so poorly on Monday like he’s actually a decent QB.
    Truth is his play on Monday can be explained in a much more simple way, HE STINKS AS A QB!
    People have given him every excuse under the sun for his poor play but at some point it just boils down to that simple fact, if it were concussion related he must have had one going on a decade now bcause he sucked going back to his college days. All the same issues he has now after 5 years in the NFL are the same exact issues he had in college, he hasn’t improved at all.

55. How bad is it when the fans switch in mid stream and now announce that Ponder gives you the best chance to win?

Ponder is a horrible, noodle arm Qb that is only slightly less inaccurate than Freeman. With the Packers much improved on run defense, I wouldn’t depend on any 200 yard day from Peterson come Sunday. That means somebody has to throw the ball to win and if that noodle arm INT machine is your best chance, then you are really in trouble.

56. filthymcnasty1 says:Oct 23, 2013 1:46 PM

It sounds like Viking fans are practically giving away their tickets to Packer fans, conceding the inevitable. It will be a sea of cheese inside your Metrodump

—–

It’s true, I’ve gotten 12 so far, all under face value. The whole family will be there! Go Packas!

57. I vote they do a random ticket draw and pull someone from the stands each week to play QB, might be the only way to get people in the building to see this horrible team. Random fan couldn’t be that much worse than Freeman was, and people would tune in from all over to see what could happen! I know it wouldn’t be pretty, but like a car wreck it would be hard not to watch.

58. This is all just too comical….seriously, you can’t make this up.

The wheels went round and round so much that they fell off, and have been taken to the shredder to be turned into the doormat of the NFL.

Hey, at least we recycle!

59. @vikingfan11971,

And Rodgers played in the other games where he whooped up on the vikings, with Ponder as QB. In fact, the only times that Rodgers has lost to them is his first year when Mason Crosby missed a winning field goal, that year where you had to borrow our previous QB, and of course, week 17 last year where Ponder had to play a perfect game to win. I agree that any given Sunday, anything can happen, but let’s be real. The vikings are terrible this year. It doesn’t take a packer hater to see that. If you think otherwise, then you don’t know what good football is. Even your RB looks to be hitting a wall finally. Even the best RBs start to go downhill at some point, and we may be seeing that now. I thought the NFL network was crazy last week when saying that the vikings should trade AP, but I’m starting to think they’re right. Get something while you can, since this is obviously a rebuilding team.

60. This just gets better…….

“Access Vikings” just posted a story that Jennings is “sorry” about comments he made about his previous team.

C’mon everybody! The circus is in town, bring the kiddies, have a good time!

61. Come on – All Freeman needs to is adjust his elevation down 20 “CLICKS” and his windage Left 15 “CLICKS”

62. Carl Gerbschmidt says:Oct 23, 2013 2:00 PM

filthymcnasty1 says:Oct 23, 2013 1:46 PM

—–

________

It’s fun for the Packer fans to get a chance to visit the big city. They’ll marvel at the tall buildings and the seat backs at the Metrodome. Children will be so happy to be able to leave their seat during the game and come back to find it’s still there. They’ll be asking their parents why the Packers can’t get a world-class stadium like that.

63. On behalf of the entire Cleveland Browns fan base I just want to say thank you Vikings. Thanks for being you.

64. We all know Ponder “broke his rib” and Freeman “has a concussion” are coach speak for I don’t have the ball to make a decision on my own, I need the fans to think there is a real reason for my knee jerk decisions.

65. Whatever you do, don’t turn to Tebow. A tough guy like him could never play for Vikings. These stories about some guy named Joe Kapp playing for the Vikings must be a myth.

When a reporter told Kapp his quarterbacking style was “crude,” Kapp shot back,
    “They pay a quarterback to win, not on how pretty he looks.” When someone said Kapp lacked the “classic” passing style of Unitas and Starr, Kapp growled, “So I’m not a classic passer. Classics are for Greeks. I’m a winner.”

66. Admittedly, it takes quite a bit of effort to even care about this. I do see that Packer fans are once again placing a significant part of their self worth on attendance at an opposing teams’ stadium — which would be kind of cute if it wasn’t mildly pathetic.

67. purpleguy says:Oct 23, 2013 2:47 PM

——–

Actually, the pathetic part is when you don’t even get a true home field advantage in your own stadium because so many of the attendees are Packer fans. There are a couple of Packer season ticket holders at my law firm, and they don’t go to all the games at Lambeau, but refuse to sell their tickets to fans of the opposing team. They only sell to Packer fans. They could make more by selling them through some broker instead of personal networks, but their support for the team is more important than making a few extra bucks. I wish more of my fellow Viking fans had the same attitude.

68. Admittedly, it takes quite a bit of effort to even care about this. I do see that Packer fans are once again placing a significant part of their self worth on attendance at an opposing teams’ stadium — which would be kind of cute if it wasn’t mildly pathetic.

————————————————–
    Last I heard the Vikings don’t even own a stadium, and the city doesn’t want them around. Who is pathetic again?

69. Freeman was officially diagnosed with Convenicussion syndrome. It’s convenient that he can’t play next week after last week’s debacle.

70. I love it when Vikings fans try to take the high road.

You know if the Packers were 1-5, every single packers article would be loaded with gloating Vikings fans.

Also, while I agree that making fun of death is terrible, I’ve seen several Vikings fans do it.

The low road is the only road open to you, and it’s the only road you’ve EVER traveled.

71. What a piece of work this Freeman is. Come on out Josh- the truth will set you free. And this concussion? Worst cover-up since Tony Kornheiser’s comb over!

72. AP is waaaaay too close to the wrong side of 30 for him to be thinking about staying on this team much longer.

And honestly, the Vikings will be a better team for it in the long haul.

73. Tell ya what! Vegas already took notice and the line dropped from -10 to -9 in Green Bay’s Favor. There is hope! Actually, I think the Vikings will win this game as crazy as it sounds.

74. Didn’t Frazier just state yesterday in front of the entire world that Freeman would be his starting quarterback? I don’t think Freeman took any big hits to the head to cause a concussion on Monday, or did he get the concussion last night. It looks like Frazier is trying to avoid further backlash from the fans and is making excuses not to start Freeman now, one day later. You got to feel sorry for Vikings fans, their GM and Head Coach have made them the joke of the NFL.

75. Sounds like Freeman’s agent may have manipulated this injury. No signs of injury during or after the game, but an absolute terrible performance. Monday day off, agent suggests it’s time to find an excuse,save face and stop Freeman’s value from falling further. Tuesday, “Coach I’m a little foggy.”

As bad as the Buc’s are, a whole lot of internal drama left town with Freeman and his agent.

Just sayin.

76. Rick Spielman is a Magician says:Oct 23, 2013 2:24 PM

Carl Gerbschmidt says:Oct 23, 2013 2:00 PM

filthymcnasty1 says:Oct 23, 2013 1:46 PM

—–

________

Packers can’t get a world-class stadium like that.

—-
    Thanks for the hospitality. My wife wants to go to the Mall of America. I don’t really want to go, but I hear there’s no sales tax on clothing there, probably pick a few extra Packer Jerseys – I’m sure they’ll be more of those to pick from than vik jerseys…

77. notaslappy says: Oct 23, 2013 12:44 PM
    ==============================================

If you watched the game, the Giants seriously stacked the line and didn’t give AP any room to run at all. There were a lot of 1:1 matchups with receivers, so Frazier rolled the dice that Freeman could at least hit the open receivers once or twice. The Giants were equally awful with a close game until late in the 4th.

78. Brandon Weeden is available — we’ll send him your way for a bag of practice balls and a couple rolls of medical tape.

79. Freeman looked really bad not ready to play on a new team yet, but it’s not like he that bad on a normal day.

Rookie Year: 1855 yds 10 td 18 int 54.5% completion
    2nd Year: 3451 yds 25 td 6 int 61.4% completion
    3rd Year: 3592 yds 16 td 22 int 62.8% completion
    4th Year: 4065 yds 27 td 17 int 54.8% completion

80. Seriously, trade Ponder and Cassell and Peterson and Allen. Sign Tebow, and it can be the Toby and Tebow Show! If you’re going to suck, you might as well not pay a lot to do it, right? Then you have all those picks from the trades that you can build something around them.

81. There is no way in he’ll any NFL player can join a team midseason and be productive–let alone at quarterback with one week of practice. Carson Palmer, anyone?

82. This is further proof that the goofs calling for the Bears to get rid of Cutler next season are completely insane. This reminds me of the Bears in the Cade McNown, Shane Mathews, Chris Chandler, Kordell Stewart, Craig Krenzell, Chad Hutchinson, Jonathan Quinn, Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton era. Do we really need to go back to that? Everyone thinks its so easy to just draft a great rookie to take over. Ask Minnesota, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Buffalo, Oakland, and Arizona how easy that is.

83. I love the Vikings and i hate seeing them like this. But this is really turning into a circus act now. The regular season is not time to be having tryouts for quarterback.This all goes back to reaching for ponder in that draft and not having anything in the hopper behind him. I hope that the wilfs hold someone accountable at the end of the year and we finally get back to being relevant again. Good god enough is enough..

84. This just keeps getting funnier. Freeman is totally unprepared, Ponder or Cassel should be starting even John Gruden got a laugh of out that one on monday night football. Freeman should not be starting.

85. being a life long vikings fan, I have to say this coaching staff is an absolute disaster, and the product shows on the field… what a joke

86. The Vikes realized that Freeman had a concussion when Freeman said, “I’m a Viking? When the hell did that happen?”

87. When Frazier announced Freeman was starting against the Packers this week … McCarthy cancelled all practices.
    Well it looks like the Packers are going to practice this week after all.

88. That was the Josh Freeman Bucs fans came to know and not love. At least I think it was – since he didn’t bother to get out of bed in time to be in the Bucs team photo I’m not sure what he looks like right now. But the passes in the ground, over the receivers heads, etc. looked like vintage Josh Freeman.

89. Sounds like Freeman is one of those “system” QBs; y’know, they have to learn the system first before they get good; in other words he lacks natural QB instincts. He’s going to have to sit down and have to learn whatever system they’re doing in Viking land.

90. This is like choosing which expired food in your fridge you have to eat because you’re out of money.

The Vikings are quickly losing fans. Some say band wagon fans are bad. I think they are the best. Why in the hell would I waste time watching the Vikings play like they have this entire season?

So for those of you who say Vikings fans are band wagon fans, I take it as a compliement. Would you waste your time watching a tv show you used to love even though now it is absolute garbage? Example: the Simpsons. Used to be fantastic. Now it’s trash. Why would i watch if the performance is unbearable?

91. assuredmutualdestruction says: Oct 23, 2013 12:49 PM

__________________________________

Not a genius, but a ‘magician'(i.e. smoke and mirrors) 😉

92. Never realized till last night just how bad ponders arm is. I knew for sure he would run with it to score his own touchdown as to say, hey, I scored 31, it was the defense that sucked.

Ponder has a guardian angel in that Cassell sucked worse and Freemason (the leaker) is faking an injury until he learns the Vikes system.

Hey, I just learned whats wrong with Freemason. Its not that he had issues with Schiano being white. Its he can’t learn a new system. The Vikes are in deep do do do do do

93. I’m a Viking fan but even I have to admit some of the comments on here are downright funny.

Unfortunately for us we will have to get used to the ragging all year because this team is terrible. But like Allen said “embrace the suck”. I’m ready for the first pick of the 2014 NFL draft :). I will never stop loving the Vikings but in calling a dime a dime, they just suck this year.

Here is to hoping they do an entire overhaul on their coaching staff and they can build around some of their young talent. What’s a shame is they do have talent but just don’t know how to use them