Jackson thinks Spiller is at only 75 percent

Fred Jackson AP

As Bills running back C.J. Spiller continues to struggle with an ankle injury, one of the teammates that knows him best knows he’s hampered.

Running back Fred Jackson told Pro Football Talk on NBCSN that Spiller’s ankle injury has left the faster, younger tailback significantly limited.

“My guess looking at him and being here, being my fourth year around him, I’d say he’s about 75 percent,” Jackson told Erik Kuselias.  “He is a guy who is based on explosiveness.  He can’t explode off that ankle and make cuts like he normally does, and that’s one of the things that’s from the injury.”

Still, Jackson said he wouldn’t count Spiller out of Sunday’s game against the Saints.

“I know he’s going to do everything he can to get out there,” Jackson said.  “That’s what I know, and if I had to guess, I would say he is going to be out there.”

The Bills need Spiller and Jackson and anyone and everyone else if they hope to pull off another stunning upset on the road against the Saints.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Home, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill
7 Responses to “Jackson thinks Spiller is at only 75 percent”
  1. jamiebuf12 says: Oct 24, 2013 9:17 PM

fred jackson is the heart and sould of the bills……go fast freddy and GO BILLS!!!!

2. Mr. Wright 212 says: Oct 24, 2013 9:19 PM

Says the guy who is worried about losing his job as soon as Spiller is able to stay healthy.

3. rottenbellybutton says: Oct 24, 2013 9:40 PM

Anybody can see Spiller isn’t 100% and is hurting after every hard cut he makes. Fred Jackson has the heart of a lion. He may not be the flashiest or fastest RB but he does everything right. Great at picking up the blitz, gets all the tough yards never going down on first contact and is one of the best receiving backs in the league. He would have a roster spot on any of the other 31 teams. If you disagree you don’t watch many Bills games or you’re just a fantasy football geek that is obsessed with stats. On offense Fred and Stevie are the Bills MVP’S, even if Spiller is 100%.

4. unclebluck says: Oct 24, 2013 10:12 PM

The Bills have been in every game this year. They can play with the Saints…….

5. Mr. Wright 212 says: Oct 25, 2013 1:40 PM

Fred Jackson also fumbles a ton.

6. rottenbellybutton says: Oct 26, 2013 9:59 PM

Would Mr. Wright 212 want Fred on his team? My guess is YES!

7. Mr. Wright 212 says: Oct 26, 2013 10:09 PM

At this point, I’ll take anyone at RB ha.