Kevin Vickerson fined $10,000 for unnecessary roughness

Denver Broncos v Indianapolis Colts Getty Images

Broncos defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson was fined $10,000 for unnecessary roughness on a special teams play in Sunday’s loss to Indianapolis.

The NFL confirmed Vickerson’s fine to PFT on Friday. According to the league, Vickerson was fined for striking an opponent in the leg area.

In the third quarter, Vickerson was fined for unsportsmanlike conduct on an extra point. On the play, Vickerson went over the top of Colts center Samson Satele, then appeared to strike downward at Satele. At play’s end, Satele was holding his right knee in pain.

After the game, Vickerson told USA Today that Satele had “kneed me in my head and jumped on my neck” at one point during the contest.

Vickerson, 30, has started all seven games for Denver this season.

Permalink 16 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, Jacksonville Jaguars, Rumor Mill
16 Responses to “Kevin Vickerson fined $10,000 for unnecessary roughness”
  1. koolaidsgonebad says: Oct 25, 2013 5:51 PM

Sniffle….Sniffle… and then he pinched my arm and that hurt really bad. (WAAAH!!!}

2. drunkwino says: Oct 25, 2013 5:55 PM

If a three hundred plus pound man jumped on his neck, he’d be dead just like anyone else would be. Dude needs to work on his excuses.

3. tom3565 says: Oct 25, 2013 6:04 PM

Appeared to or actually did? I watched the game and saw nothing like that, but it makes for an excuse for the league to fine someone. Fine him for taking off his helmet not a he touched me that all parents hear every road trip till their kids leave home.

4. mlind99 says: Oct 25, 2013 6:05 PM

Vickerson got off light in my opinion. Can’t believe Michaels and Collinsworth didn’t comment after the replay. Should have been ejected and suspended.

5. sdisme says: Oct 25, 2013 6:06 PM

Play was a cheap shot specially targeting a players injury. Worst than what Suh or Haynesworth did to get suspended. I have no idea how he didn’t get suspended. But consistency and the NFL has never worked in the same sentence.

6. mike06181 says: Oct 25, 2013 7:09 PM

So less than getting suh attention.

This was way worse than anything suh did. Suh didnt cause anyone to lose game time.

7. ttommytom says: Oct 25, 2013 9:44 PM

Obviously some of you didn’t see the replay. He INTENTIONALLY tried to snap Satele’s leg thus injuring his knee.

He should have been suspended.

If I’m Satele, I show up on his door one summer day. No way I don’t pay that back…

8. mortifiedmanatee says: Oct 25, 2013 10:44 PM

While I, of course, agree with the fine and wouldn’t be upset with a suspension for Vickerson, why have I not seen the fact that Satele also cheapshotted him mentioned anywhere, even offhandedly? I mean, not three plays earlier, he (Satele) speared him (Vickerson) in the head/neck area while he (Vickerson, again) was knocked to the ground and out of the play (literally the exact kind of excessive head trauma the league is bearing down on). Do shots only count if they’re caught and replayed on the broadcast?

9. mortifiedmanatee says: Oct 25, 2013 10:48 PM

Oh, wait, Satele’s cheapshot totally was mentioned offhandedly in this article. My bad.

10. broncosnative says: Oct 25, 2013 11:03 PM

So vickerson gets fined for a chest bump but mcafee doesn’t for a helmet to helmet hit, you gotta be kidding me. Yes what he did was boneheaded but no way does it deserves a fine. Mcafee drilled Holliday and I heard the helmets clash from the tv, this is total BS by the league. How about just getting rid of tackling or rushing the QB, red shirt them in game

11. broncosnative says: Oct 25, 2013 11:09 PM

Ok so I just gave myself a thumbs down because I clearly didn’t read the article before commenting. In fact if I could, I’ll give even more, what a dummy I am. But I do still think mcafee should have been fined

12. duncanthecat says: Oct 25, 2013 11:43 PM

Big Deal!

13. jrebar88 says: Oct 25, 2013 11:46 PM

Thats what that punk o lineman gets, dirty cheap shots on Vick all game, but yall wanna cry when he retaliates on them?

14. joetoronto says: Oct 26, 2013 5:11 AM

tom3565 says:
    Oct 25, 2013 6:04 PM
    ***************************************************
    Maybe the TV was watching you, that would explain it. SMH.

This guy was out of control all game and should have been suspended for at least the rest of the year.

15. devildog911 says: Oct 26, 2013 6:58 AM

Anybody with Vick in their last name is not a good person.

16. Jason Sheroan says: Oct 26, 2013 9:40 PM

Vickerson hits Satele’s knee the same time #75 pushes him back. It’s all right there in gif. If you can’t see this, you are blind!