Redskins rule out safety Reed Doughty

Seahawks Redskins Football AP

The Redskins will be missing both starting safeties on Sunday in Denver.

The club ruled out strong safety Reed Doughty on Saturday, the club said. Doughty suffered a concussion in the Oct. 20 win vs. Chicago.

Free safety Brandon Meriweather was suspended for Sunday’s game after drawing two personal foul penalties against Chicago.

According to the Washington Post, reserve safeties Bacarri Rambo and Jose Gumbs have each received a good deal of practice reps this week.

Doughty, 31, has recorded 26 tackles in six games (three starts) for Washington this season.

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Washington Redskins
19 Responses to “Redskins rule out safety Reed Doughty”
  1. commonsensedude says: Oct 26, 2013 6:12 PM

(Gulp!)

2. gibson34 says: Oct 26, 2013 6:15 PM

this could be the highest scoring game ever…I predict 72-7 and Ilogical voice iii jumps from the roof of his condo….lmao.

3. ozvaldosays says: Oct 26, 2013 6:25 PM

Wow!!! What’s the matter? Waiting for another name change article. . HTTR

4. larrydavid7000 says: Oct 26, 2013 6:31 PM

All I have to say is it time for Rambo to show up and put a beat down on denver.!!!!!!

5. tinbender2000 says: Oct 26, 2013 6:33 PM

Denver could conceivably put up 100 on these guys.

6. wholelottaawesome says: Oct 26, 2013 6:46 PM

Skins could play all d players at one time and would still give up 28-35 pts to this team.

It’s homecoming for Peyton and the broncs.

7. theblowtorchreview says: Oct 26, 2013 6:54 PM

A certain QB named Manning is drooling right now. This is going to be one scene where Rambo doesnt doesnt come out on top!

Reed is not that great a cover guy but he has a nose for the ball.

Jose Gumbs? Who is that?

8. mataug says: Oct 26, 2013 7:05 PM

We could play with couple of extra defensive backs and still give up more than 5 TDs. Defense is absolutely atrocious. Haslett’s a one trick pony!

9. dirtydrynn27 says: Oct 26, 2013 7:09 PM

listen up Guys!!!! The Redskins defense is awful but guess what Denver is dead last in total defense,with that said….The Redskins with a much improved RGIII could put up 100 points just as well!!!! However I hate those safeties the Redskins are going to start,Yuck!!!! Rambo is God awful and Jose Gumbs is just a special teams guy! Skins need a good day from Orakpo,Kerrigan and Cofield!!! Go Pass rush!!!!

10. theskinsman says: Oct 26, 2013 7:09 PM

This is gonna leave a mark. Come on Redskins, give it a good effort,at least.

11. seahawkgoat says: Oct 26, 2013 7:10 PM

Awfully hypocritical to bash the name Redskins, but then use it to in a headline to entice clicks.

5 more hours….

Please, just one day…

I promise I will not be upset anymore (I realize nobody cares if I’m upset except my mom, girlfriend, and dog) if PFT can make it one day without a “Change The Name” post

12. ramblood says: Oct 26, 2013 7:30 PM

If orakpo and Kerrigan do there job I think secondary can hold . There d better be scared of RGIII and Reed his a beast

13. bjsdad says: Oct 26, 2013 7:45 PM

Hey RGIII, win one for the Gifer….Ops, mean win one for the onedias

14. lance19 says: Oct 26, 2013 7:47 PM

To anyone who actually believes that the name “Redskins” is deviously being used to “entice”
    clicks…since that club is sooooo gold right now…

I’ve got a great team in Jacksonville I can sell you…

15. elliotlc says: Oct 26, 2013 9:03 PM

Sad to hear the Coloradan won’t be able to play in his home state. Reed is very loved in Johnstown, CO

16. seahawkgoat says: Oct 26, 2013 9:45 PM

lance19 –

Mr. lance19, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

17. seahawkgoat says: Oct 26, 2013 9:49 PM

lance19 –

You “added” the word ‘devious’ and also implied that I said the club was “sooooo gold right now” (type like a valley girl much?).

My point is – either boycott the name, or don’t. This site has pushed an agenda regarding the Redskins name for quite some time now, and then they nonchalantly use the name at the same time.

Nothing devious about it. However, if they simply used “Washington”, it doesn’t hold the same value as Redskins, and that, my we todd did friend, is a fact.

Clean it up

18. backdapack4evr says: Oct 26, 2013 10:33 PM

Oneida gambling offends me
    I think it should be stopped

19. skinsfan91 says: Oct 26, 2013 10:51 PM

And no mention of the absolute cheap hit to a defenseless player that concussed him. Yeah, Martellus Bennet, is your guy a punk? Merriweather didn’t concuss anybody.