Michael Vick felt hamstring “pop,” will have MRI on Monday

Michael Vick AP

Eagles quarterback Michael Vick didn’t look 100 percent early in Sunday’s 15-7 loss to the Giants and he wound up leaving the game before halftime as a result of the hamstring injury that had kept him sidelined for the two previous games.

Vick said after the game that he felt he did everything he needed to do in practice to convince him that he was healthy enough to play, but that there’s no way to simulate game action on the practice field. Vick said he felt his hamstring pop while scrambling on one of the first few Philly drives.

“I felt good going in. I felt like I did everything that I was supposed to do to reassure myself that I could go out and play,” Vick said in comments distributed by the team. “But there’s just nothing like actually being in the moment and having to move and having to react. When I did that, that’s when I pulled it again. I felt the pop.”

Vick will get an MRI on Monday and said he’ll see where things go from there. It seems unlikely that he’ll be back on the field next week and with Nick Foles uncertain because of a concussion, it may be Matt Barkley making his first start in Oakland.

Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill
18 Responses to “Michael Vick felt hamstring “pop,” will have MRI on Monday”
  1. doctorrustbelt says: Oct 27, 2013 6:37 PM

“CATALYST”

… but… seriously… GET WELL low character, overrated mike vick.

2. pigbenis69 says: Oct 27, 2013 6:37 PM

and Marcus Mariota will be making his first NFL start on week 1 2014 for the Philadelphia Eagles

3. 2difshoe says: Oct 27, 2013 6:44 PM

The dogs are laughing…..hamstring, hahahahah !

4. rcali says: Oct 27, 2013 6:53 PM

Maybe they should give him some electroshock therapy on that hammy.

5. nyyjetsknicks says: Oct 27, 2013 6:57 PM

Has Marcus committed yet?

6. bigwayne75 says: Oct 27, 2013 6:59 PM

Yes that pop Vick heard was the interception he threw to Rolle

7. Mr. Wright 212 says: Oct 27, 2013 7:01 PM

Told you guys this week that he came back too soon. You can’t rush hamstrings. Can’t be rushing back because you are worried about losing your job (which is the case here), either.

8. doctorrustbelt says: Oct 27, 2013 7:01 PM

That pop was the 33 year old’s NFL career.

9. 2difshoe says: Oct 27, 2013 7:08 PM

The pop’ he heard was ‘ KARMA !’

10. fordmandalay says: Oct 27, 2013 7:32 PM

Done for the year….at least.

11. 1rockyracoon says: Oct 27, 2013 7:42 PM

Vick has done a lot to change his life around since leaving prison. He has been a leader and has showed toughness on the field, however, it’s time for the Eagles to turn the page.

By the way, for all of those who claim the injury is due to “karma.” How do you explain all of the money he has made ($6 million this year I believe) since returning to the NFL? Is that karma too?

12. vegasdestroyer says: Oct 27, 2013 7:57 PM

Look on the bright side: the Beagle “brainrust” can no longer fool the fans or itself that the 2014 starting QB is on the team.

13. rationalthinker82 says: Oct 27, 2013 8:23 PM

The saga of Mr Glass, the Turnover Machine adds another chapter.

Who’s ready for another season of under 500, underachieving play in Philly? Its becoming an every sport phenomenon down there.

14. ochospantalones says: Oct 27, 2013 9:02 PM

vegasdestroyer says:
    Oct 27, 2013 7:57 PM

———————————————–

I don’t think there is much reason to think Chip Kelly ever believed his 2014 starting QB was currently on the team. Vick was brought back on a one-year, incentive-laden contract. Foles is a statue. Barkley was a 4th round pick.

I have to say though, your use of “Beagle” and “brainrust” really got me! Hilarious stuff! I don’t know how you come up with things so clever and original.

15. drwang13 says: Oct 27, 2013 10:06 PM

Tough break! Now that our D is playing well the O is struggling

16. rkt4mayor says: Oct 27, 2013 10:31 PM

Proving once again that Howie Roseman doesn’t habe brain.
    If he did, he would have traded oft-injured Vick while he still had value.
    Now he’ll be on IR for the rest of the season and with his contract expiring at the end of this season no team will even cough up a 7th rounder for him.
    Howie needs to be canned!

17. stakex says: Oct 28, 2013 2:34 AM

What a Tin Man. I think Vick likes sitting on the sideline collecting his check more then he does playing for it. Can’t throw interceptions on the sideline after all.

18. ejm845 says: Oct 28, 2013 9:45 AM