Ndamukong Suh: “I’m playing within the rules, for the most part”

Ndamukong Suh AP

Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh was invited to a meeting at the league office to discuss playing within the rules, but Suh isn’t so sure that meeting is necessary.

Suh said that despite his history of fines and a suspension, he believes he generally plays the game the right way.

“I feel like I’m playing within the rules for the most part, without a doubt. I think every defensive player, the game is so fast, so quick you can’t be 100 percent right on one assignment and that’s what you have the athletic ability to make up for those things,” Suh told the Dearborn Press & Guide.

Suh hasn’t decided whether to agree to the meeting at the league office, saying that he’s just focusing on Sunday’s game against the Cowboys before he considers anything else.

“I’ve had brief discussions with my agent and GM, I’m really just focusing on Dallas, been really concerning myself with that until the bye week comes,’’ Suh said.

If Suh commits another personal foul today, the league office may tell him that the meeting is an order, not a request.

Permalink 26 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
26 Responses to “Ndamukong Suh: “I’m playing within the rules, for the most part””
  1. helix828 says: Oct 27, 2013 7:37 AM

He can feel free to point out the section that says stomping or kicking a down player is legal then, right? Still a dick, won’t ever change.

2. steelersaregodsteam says: Oct 27, 2013 7:41 AM

For the most part.

3. onsidekicker says: Oct 27, 2013 7:43 AM

This guy needs better advice. One flight could save him tens of thousands if he can meet and bond with league officials.

4. donmcg2012 says: Oct 27, 2013 7:51 AM

He’s got a good point on the speed of the game, but stomping on someone after the play is dead is cheating, barbaric and downright stupid. He’ll slip again and be suspended, he’s not smart enough to avoid it.

5. bennyb82 says: Oct 27, 2013 7:57 AM

He also has never stomped anyone for the most part. LOL

6. pabrownsfan says: Oct 27, 2013 7:59 AM

Witch hunt. And this is from a Browns fan.

7. ryanburns1324 says: Oct 27, 2013 8:00 AM

Another personal foul? Tell me again when his last one was? This is getting ridiculous. Just let the man play.

8. thesmartest1 says: Oct 27, 2013 8:03 AM

I don’t really care for him but he’s been relatively quiet lately. The league isn’t going to change those stripes.

9. wryly1 says: Oct 27, 2013 8:05 AM

Yep, its the part of the time you don’t play within the rules that you keep getting penalized and fined for.

10. gb4mn0 says: Oct 27, 2013 8:16 AM

——————————————————–

Oh, now I understand, it’s the speed of the game and his athletic ability that’s the real culprit for Suh’s head stomps and flying leg scrotum shots.

You gotta wonder how this convoluted rational will play with the league office.

This goon belongs in a psych ward under guard!

11. FinFan68 says: Oct 27, 2013 8:25 AM

He has had 2 that are indefensible: throwing down Dalton in preseason of his rookie year and the Thanksgiving stomp. The toe point is debatable as to his intent. The rest have been within the normal course of a football play. The witch hunt is obvious and is a bad look for the league. Suh is a beast but not a headhunter like that clown that just got his suspension reduced. He should go to the meeting and bring a lawyer with him to ask why he is being punished/fined for perfectly legal plays. Off field stuff is a separate concern. If he actually crosses the line then hammer him, but until then the league should leave him alone.

12. fatcamper says: Oct 27, 2013 8:31 AM

Ted Bundy didn’t spend his time killing college girls….for the most part. This guy absolutely doesn’t get it.

13. howiefeltersnatch says: Oct 27, 2013 8:31 AM

If it was the early 70s he’d be a hall of famer

14. crapdrawers says: Oct 27, 2013 8:31 AM

Suh is a big dumb animal.

15. reasonisthereason says: Oct 27, 2013 8:54 AM

If you are still mentioning the stomp from a few years ago, you really need to get a life.

16. grumpyoleman says: Oct 27, 2013 8:58 AM

And what downed player did he kick

17. dezforprez says: Oct 27, 2013 9:05 AM

Yeah sure it’s only a “Meeting” they want him to attend

18. backdapack4evr says: Oct 27, 2013 9:13 AM

When your losing at something, people cheat.
    Suh is always losing!!

19. richcranium2112 says: Oct 27, 2013 9:22 AM

…except when I don’t.

Great talent being wasted by a coaching staff that just doesn’t get discipline and the value of playing within the rules on teamwork and winning!

20. 50milessouthofdetroit says: Oct 27, 2013 10:00 AM

He gets held on almost every play while also being double and triple teamed, for the most part

21. tokyosandblaster says: Oct 27, 2013 10:16 AM

I can see the lions getting to 10-6 and missing the playoffs.

Not a real contender for the division with that head coach.

22. rmc1995 says: Oct 27, 2013 11:18 AM

For the most part every offensive lineman plays outside the rules on everyplay by holding. For some reason, holding is a perfectly acceptable part of the game. The double standard is amazing

23. 2manyconcussions says: Oct 27, 2013 11:40 AM

“I’m playing within the rules, for the most part”

Lot of guys in prison who would say the same thing.

24. dd393 says: Oct 27, 2013 12:03 PM

And he drives pretty well, too. For the most part.

25. mackcarrington says: Oct 27, 2013 2:34 PM

He follows the rules 95% of the time. What about the 5% that he doesn’t?

26. jimmyjames65 says: Oct 27, 2013 6:30 PM

Ndamukong Suh: “I’m playing within the rules, for the most part”… At least he probably didn’t mumble it like Bill Billicheck “I don’t make the rules.”