David Nelson confirms threat, but wasn’t threatened

David Nelson, Michael Boley AP

Jets wide receiver David Nelson confirmed that Bengals cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones threatened to “find out where you live and come and get you.”

But he also didn’t think it was as big a deal as some did.

I wouldn’t say it was a threat,” Nelson said, via Matt Ehalt of ESPNNewYork.com. “I’m not going to say that he threatened me or anything like that. He did say some stuff on the field, but I wouldn’t take it as a threat.

“I’m not going to get into specifics of exactly what he said. But I can confirm I’ve read a lot of reports that are true.”

Jones also said that after jawing with Jets coach Rex Ryan, the coach told him to “shut the hell up.”

Ryan did not remember the conversation that led up to it.

“Sometimes you have conversations with guys and all that stuff, but I don’t recall having it,” Ryan said. “I’ve always liked him. Again, I guess it’s a possibility, but I just don’t remember it.”

So many words fly through NFL games, trying to dissect any particular set of them might not lead to enlightenment, which seems to be the case here.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Home, New York Jets, Rumor Mill
15 Responses to “David Nelson confirms threat, but wasn’t threatened”
  1. vbe2 says: Oct 29, 2013 6:16 AM

Pacboy needs to be banned from the NFL.

2. ninjapleazee says: Oct 29, 2013 6:23 AM

Maybe he wants to come get him and take him out for ice cream. Everyone loves ice cream

3. pabrownsfan says: Oct 29, 2013 6:47 AM

Boys being boys lol.

4. brianndc says: Oct 29, 2013 6:49 AM

Jones also said something about Nelson’s mama that was particularly mean and almost made him cry.

5. t8ertot says: Oct 29, 2013 8:17 AM

Trash talk, that’s it

6. ajgreenhof says: Oct 29, 2013 8:37 AM

If he took cheap shots like he did Sunday to me I’d have some words for him too.

The Jets need to get focused and stop worrying about the whooping laid upon them.

7. Kaz says: Oct 29, 2013 8:46 AM

Of course it wasn’t a big deal. Do the NY media not know what all is said on the football field durin games? Now all trash talk is real threats? Shouldn’t have even been a story, but given the individual and the team (Bengals) you get the neg press. Doesn’t cover up however the beatdown the JETS got.

8. leolad says: Oct 29, 2013 8:50 AM

A threat but wasn’t threatened?? Kinda like smoked but didn’t inhale??

Bill would be proud of that one….

9. bengalsucker says: Oct 29, 2013 9:00 AM

Good old Rex Ryan. Tells a player to shut the hell up and conveniently doesn’t remember it. Oh and if you weren’t threatened by what Pacman said, why put it out in the media? You obviously wanted to start trouble with it otherwise it wouldn’t have been said. Lame.

10. sellout1983 says: Oct 29, 2013 10:48 AM

No mention of Nelson’s cheap shot on Pacman that started the whole thing? Nelson got a 15 yard PF for it.

11. artbyshan says: Oct 29, 2013 1:01 PM

I can’t believe Nelson wasn’t offended. I mean if he would have been offended, then I think Pacman should be given a stearn talking to.

12. voyager6 says: Oct 29, 2013 7:12 PM

I see Rex didn’t learn his lesson: Concentrate on NEXT week, don’t waste precious coaching time debating LAST weeks issues in the media.

13. bonniebengal says: Oct 29, 2013 8:58 PM

Actually I think Rex wanted to change the Subject away from that beating from the Bengals. Adam’s trash talk was all he had. Never mind that it came after a cheap shot from one of his players.

14. itsunclepauley says: Oct 30, 2013 12:38 PM

Watch the game…Nelson sure as hell was being dirty, and got called for it once. Maybe that’s the way he plays, or maybe he was trying to get in the head of a loose cannon.

I know that if it were me on the other end of the cheap shots, I’d have been pissed too.

This happens all the time, it’s only news because it’s the dreaded ‘Pacman’ Jones.

15. londonbengal says: Oct 30, 2013 1:19 PM

Jets got taken behind the woodshed Sunday.

If they don’t quit belly-aching and focus on the next game, the Saints will take them there for a second beating too.