Leslie Frazier: I never thought we’d be 1-6, but we’ll get things fixed

Leslie Frazier AP

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier admits that even if he had laid out his worst-case scenario for this season, it wouldn’t have occurred to him that his team would go from 10-6 last season to 1-6 to start this season.

There was no scenario in my mind that told me we’d be 1-6 at this juncture,” Frazier said, via KSTP.

But whether Frazier saw it coming or not, 1-6 is where the Vikings are after seven games. And as bad as their record is, the Vikings have looked even worse on the field in the last three weeks, getting blown out in three straight games.

Still, Frazier thinks the Vikings can finish the season with a good record.

“I believe we can get things fixed and play better . . . there’s some things we have to do better and I think we can,” Frazier said, adding that his team will not give up.

Frazier may see reason to believe the Vikings can clean this mess up, but that reason for optimism is hard for the rest of us to see.

Permalink 73 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
73 Responses to “Leslie Frazier: I never thought we’d be 1-6, but we’ll get things fixed”
  1. technopeasant777 says: Oct 29, 2013 8:05 AM

Before he was hired, Leslie Frazier was interviewed by several teams for a head coaching job and always came up short.

Perhaps those teams knew something about Frazier that the Vikings don’t want to admit: He’s not a leader of men.

2. thepvyharvin says: Oct 29, 2013 8:08 AM

I’ve embraced we suck…Don’t you change a thing Frazier, I want me 2 top draft picks next draft!!!

3. 700iq says: Oct 29, 2013 8:10 AM

Really? Does 3-13 ring a bell?

4. noeffinway says: Oct 29, 2013 8:10 AM

Yeah, and I believe I can fly.

5. f1restarter says: Oct 29, 2013 8:15 AM

Packers fans thought the Vikings would be 1-6.

6. truehoosier62 says: Oct 29, 2013 8:17 AM

I think back to the various coaches we’ve had through the years, and aside from Grant, we’ve had no one with as much class, steadiness, and resiliency as Leslie. He really doesn’t deserve this type of ending, and as one of our local columnists said the other day, “we’ll rue the day we let him go, as he will become a very good coach in this league, for somebody”. I think the blame, if there is any to be leveled, has to start at the GM position. Spielman has made some nice moves in the draft, but he hasn’t been able to fix the most important position of any team, (QB), has allowed the defense, in one respect, to get too old, (the line) and in another, become too young, (the secondary). The offensive line is a mess because it’s basically playing with only three people, (no guards), and no depth. As often happens, the coach will fall on the sword for the lost season. In reality, the Wilfs ought to be looking Spielman straight in the eyes, and asking some tough questions.

7. tarken10 says: Oct 29, 2013 8:18 AM

“We will look at the tape and fix it” is the line we hear every week from Frazier, yet nothing has been fixed.
    Wilf can fix it. He can fire Frazier and company, including Spielman, and start over.

8. Robert Chandler says: Oct 29, 2013 8:18 AM

Obviously, Frazier is delusional… or just too stupid to recognize what many fans see as a man way over his head as a Head Coach. I will go so far as to say he has convinced me he is not even worthy of being a Defensive Coordinator. If you put me in command, I venture to guess I would have that unit playing better than his staff has managed. Singletary is another farce as a coach on that team, as is Frazier’s old pal Al Williams.

Time to smell the Ben Gay, Leslie. Wake up and get the resume fired up because you must be fired by the end of the season. You “believing” this team will go on some win streak versus the harder part of their schedule now, is laughable. Unless you make some gargantuan trade(s) today, to bring in a huge influx of talented, hungry players, there is no chance of winning. I see a 3-13 record at best, a lot of firings, and the Vikings rebuilding (yet again) for the next 3-4 years. You certainly did all you could to fail, mainly by turning a blind eye to all the weak coaches you installed. You couldn’t motivate a Boy Scout Troop to hike up a hill, let alone lead men in the NFL. Try insurance sales.

9. fwippel says: Oct 29, 2013 8:23 AM

Huh boy, talk about denial. I don’t know what’s happened to this team between last season (10-6 and a playoff birth) to this season, but the coaches don’t have the answers either.

This team made an impressive stretch run at the end of last year without Percy Harvin, with Antoine Winfield at less than full strength, and with Christian Ponder playing sporadically.

This year, their defense can’t stop anyone, and as bad as Ponder has been, he’s the only one of the three QBs on the roster who seems to be able to put points on the board lately.

So, you sandwich a 10-6 playoff season around two double digit loss seasons. If this team had less talent, I’d be more patient. There’s no excuse for the Vikings being this bad. Frazier, Bill Musgrave, Alan Williams and Rick Speilman should all be shown the door at season’s end.

10. tjacks7 says: Oct 29, 2013 8:24 AM

Well, things probably will get fixed but not until Leslie is shown the door.

11. whatjusthapped says: Oct 29, 2013 8:26 AM

Frazier’s in a tough spot. Despite the optimism of the delusion Viking fan base, he is lacking talent at several spots that will kill their chances of winning even 4 games this season. Their secondary is on the menu at every Denny’s in the country, (toast), their offensive line is just that, offensive, and in a QB driven league, they have 3 that will not even be in the NFL come next season.

They spent far too much of their salary cap on free agents that are old and not productive. Their vaunted 3 first round draft picks are not contributing much and one or two key injuries on a team lacking depth really hurts.

But the good news is the draft is only 6 months away and then the annual spring ritual of declaring another paper championship can commence. In Spielman we trust (that’s all the Packer, Lions, and Bears fans saying that)

12. sterling7 says: Oct 29, 2013 8:30 AM

As a Viking 4 life since 1968 he’s absolutely right………………..as soon as we get a new coaching staff!!!

13. bigjim50010 says: Oct 29, 2013 8:30 AM

thepvyharvin says:
    Oct 29, 2013 8:08 AM

and do what with them? more of the same? after 50 years, doesn’t it get old always hoping for next year?

14. Embrace the Suck says: Oct 29, 2013 8:31 AM

You keep saying you’ll “fix” it, but never do. Sorry, but you’ve used up your opportunities. Time to tank and hope for the best with a high draft pick/QB. Thanks for your service, Leslie.

15. monctonvike says: Oct 29, 2013 8:32 AM

The vikes are going to have to have an aggressive off season. If they want to turn things around next year.

They have needs at QB, CB, DE, they could use a better safety to compliment Smith and a guard to rejuvenate the line. They could also use depth at DT that is a lot to do in one off season. They should try to find some vet leaders in FA.

With the exception Priefer every coach should be fired. I think the only reason Frazier has not been fired already is that Williams and Musgrave are in no way qualified to run this team and are likely to be fired as well. They could maybe make Mike Singletary the intern head coach but I can’t see him as our HC next year.

As far as Spielman goes after three first round picks and none of them are starting on this team. One has to think he might need to have his resume ready as well.

Who every they bring I hope they run a west coast and tampa two. I don’t want another two or three year rebuild

16. bucrightoff says: Oct 29, 2013 8:33 AM

He and Greg Schiano both like toting that line “Get things fixed”. And by “Get things fixed”, they mean get fired eventually.

17. ajgreenhof says: Oct 29, 2013 8:39 AM

Wasting AP’s career away.

18. dublindemonszfl says: Oct 29, 2013 8:39 AM

No you won’t. This fix is up to Ziggy. The big guy’s house cleaning days are not over yet.

19. tokyosandblaster says: Oct 29, 2013 8:40 AM

thepvyharvin says:
    Oct 29, 2013 8:08 AM

——

I’m already dreading the offseason, where you’ll claim dominance over the Packers, and that the Vikings are going to win 4 straight Super Bowls in a row (minimum).

Two top draft picks aren’t going to help that much.

The gap between the Packers and Vikings is waaaaaaaybigger than that, and the Packers get to pick in the draft, too

20. 2ruefan says: Oct 29, 2013 8:42 AM

For those of you critical of a statement like this.. what do you expect him to say? “We really suck, we are bereft of talent in the defensive backfield, and really we’re just playing for a draft pick at this juncture…”

21. gbmickey says: Oct 29, 2013 8:54 AM

Pretty sad fan base when at midseason fans are hoping the team loses out.

22. thegonz13 says: Oct 29, 2013 9:02 AM

Step 1: Never ever ever ever allow Christian Ponder to step on the field again!

23. cowpiesnotcowboys says: Oct 29, 2013 9:03 AM

He should have said “THEY will get that fixed” as it won’t be happening while he is part of the team.

24. dumplingsrbrown says: Oct 29, 2013 9:09 AM

Buh bye Leslie!

25. crazemastercraze says: Oct 29, 2013 9:30 AM

Towing the company line

26. conormacleod says: Oct 29, 2013 9:30 AM

He simply is not a good head coach. He hired the wrong coordinators, doesn’t understand X’s and O’s, and never, and I mean never, makes in game adjustments. He doesn’t see ANYTHING coming. I don’t see a scenario where you return next year Leslie.

27. nflpoker says: Oct 29, 2013 9:36 AM

Leslie, pink-slips have a tendency to do that. The Wilfs Roonied themselves into a hole. Actually, it would smart to keep Frazier on until the end of the season. The tough part of their season is coming up. They won’t be driving for the playoffs, but rather the draft pick.

28. serkeljerks says: Oct 29, 2013 9:41 AM

At 1-6 ….ask Mike Singletary how things got fixed for him as the former SF HC.

29. jgat12 says: Oct 29, 2013 9:46 AM

I’m not trying to defend the guy but… what is he supposed to say??? Not sure how this is an article worth posting as he can’t say “oh we suck and I give up”. I like Leslie as a person, but he apparently is loyal to a fault because Musgrave should have been canned a long time ago, and he should have started making calls on defense over Williams…. Well come to think of it Jim Mora flat out said his team sucked and he was sick of it and it was quite refreshing!

30. lgbarn says: Oct 29, 2013 9:49 AM

thepvyharvin says:
    Oct 29, 2013 8:08 AM

———————————————–

The best you will do is top 3…The Jags and Bucs have the top 2 picks locked down and they both need QBs.

31. packerfansarefat says: Oct 29, 2013 9:50 AM

Yep…the entire team took the “embrace the suck” a bit too literally. As bad as I want a top 2 pick in the draft, there is nothing that will help a team than a “system” change. Invest the dollars in a proven staff and every draft choice on the team just got better.

Every one EXCEPT Ziggy can embrace the suck.

32. blakeden says: Oct 29, 2013 9:52 AM

Frazier is saying the right things to try and save his job ala Schirano. When you have arguable the best RB in the game and he cannot gain 100 yards (even though he said (Gaining “100 yds is easy) something needs to change as well as get fixed. To be a Viking fan must be tough, you have resorted to blowing that stupid horn when your team gets off the field which is normally after the other team has scored……

33. jmorand47 says: Oct 29, 2013 9:55 AM

If Leslie is willing to go down with the ship, then so be it. But my first step would be to jettison my defensive coordinator. Alan Williams’ bunch cannot get off the field. They are too talented individually to be that bad collectively.

Last season the Ravens dumped Cam Cameron during the season and won a super bowl. Will Leslie dump Alan? Probably not, but he needs to. If he doesn’t then he may not be around next season to make the change.

34. killercats465 says: Oct 29, 2013 10:01 AM

Coach Frazier says, ““I believe we can get things fixed and play better…” Yeah, next season and change We to THEY!

35. gcounterman says: Oct 29, 2013 10:03 AM

Fixed huh? Is he resigning then?

36. hanklee1989 says: Oct 29, 2013 10:04 AM

Well let’s see coach…

You didn’t address your offensive or defensive schemes

You’re content with the most limited offensive playcalling in the NFL

You won’t get in anyone’s face, you won’t challenge them to make a play, and when the team is in need of some pushing, you stand on the sideline, arms crossed with zero emotion.

I know he’s working hard and wants to succeed, but his body language tells me different on gameday. Sometimes you have to step out of your comfort zone, a la Ron Rivera or John Fox to start seeing some success.

If you don’t, you end up looking like Greg Schiano or Brad Childress. Need I say more?

37. mythaimyke says: Oct 29, 2013 10:05 AM

BYE-BYE Frazier!!!!!! Freeman, Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha!

38. doctorrustbelt says: Oct 29, 2013 10:06 AM

Marvin Lewis got rid of Leslie Frazier pretty quickly.

39. lpd1964 says: Oct 29, 2013 10:06 AM

Same tired speech from Frazier, we can play better, we can fix it. Then why don’t you?? I tried to give the drafting of Ponder a chance, but he makes the same mistakes week after week. The only decision that makes any sense for the rest of this lost season is to play Freeman and see what he has. Prediction-Frazier is doomed, perhaps so is Spielman.

40. purpleblood12 says: Oct 29, 2013 10:09 AM

Really??? This guy is clueless lets move on!

41. bigdogsolec says: Oct 29, 2013 10:15 AM

well i see snow on the radar here in MN ,that mean we are going to get snow ” HECK NO ” this is MN things change minute to minute

42. jimmysee says: Oct 29, 2013 10:19 AM

thepvyharvin says:
    Oct 29, 2013 8:08 AM

———————————————————–

I’m figuring the Vikes will stumble upon a few more victories along the way.

Just enough to screw up their low draft position.

(One more thing they can’t get right.)

43. stevenwilliams2013 says: Oct 29, 2013 10:24 AM

Lesile is gonna get fired. There is no way he survives this. Bring in Lovie Smith!!!

44. ktm300xcwe says: Oct 29, 2013 10:31 AM

Two top draft picks aren’t going to help that much.

__

Gotta agree, and that gap is huge with Aaron Rodgers. As long as the league rules make the QB the single most important player on the field by such a huge margin, the teams with the elite QBs will always be in the playoffs and Super Bowl contention. Put Aaron Rogers on the Vikings and Ponder on the Packers Sunday nite and the scoring would be the same, only reversed.

45. ryanreitsma says: Oct 29, 2013 10:47 AM

The Vikings gotta stay par for the course and draft Bridgewater or Mariota with the first pick and then load up on defensive help in the rounds following. Freeman will not be the answer so just let him walk after this season. Also, trade Jared Allen today for whatever you can get for him. 7th round pick if need be.

They just need to finish behind either Jacksonville (not likely) or Tampa Bay (could happen).

46. dprouse says: Oct 29, 2013 10:55 AM

Change just for the sake of change isn’t always a great idea either. Tampa Bay and Jacksonville are two teams who keep changing coaches with no change in the results. If change is needed anywhere, it is in the executive suite – Spielman is the guy in change of finding players, and he has failed miserably. You simply can’t win in this league without a QB, and right now the Vikings don’t have one.

Find Frazier a QB next year, (Johnny Football, anyone?) and I guarantee that you will instantly see some hope on the horizon for the Vikings.

47. pekkle007 says: Oct 29, 2013 10:59 AM

Its ok. No one thought you’d last this long, either.

48. 2ruefan says: Oct 29, 2013 11:00 AM

Actually I think Leslie is a decent head coach. I may be wrong (no way to know for sure) but I think that Management (- specifically Ziggy via Spielman) are the ones making very STRONG “recommendations” for his actions in the background.

Truth is I think he has too much class to get into a public spat with them, but I suspect he is not really being allowed to make the final decisions.

I don’t think he EVER would have brought in Freeman. I think that was Speilman.

49. pfffffffffffft says: Oct 29, 2013 11:01 AM

I think Leslie is a fine man, but Spielman is a bit of a snake oil salesman. Ponder was Spielman, Freeman mess was Spielman, Winfield was Spielman. He’s undercutting Leslie. His coordinators are letting Frazier down too, Alan Williams needs to find a way to get off the field on 3rd down. The coach I like least is Priefer, his special teams is terrible on coverage. And the Cleveland gaffe, if you’re gonna be a strict military disciplinarian, you better have your own sh!t together.

50. thestrategyexpert says: Oct 29, 2013 11:16 AM

Another oblivious coach.

51. stellarperformance says: Oct 29, 2013 11:24 AM

Heck, I think Childress was a decent coach. He was force-fed personnel decisions from a desperate front office (Favre, Moss, etc.) That was his undoing.

52. francheyes says: Oct 29, 2013 11:25 AM

tokyosandblaster says:
    Oct 29, 2013 8:40 AM
    thepvyharvin says:
    Oct 29, 2013 8:08 AM

——

Two top draft picks aren’t going to help that much.

————————————————————-

Kicking someone when they’re down, eh blaster? Classy as always.

53. phinfan says: Oct 29, 2013 11:28 AM

Replacing cassel with freeman who didnt know playbook could be first clue!!!!

Cassel gave u best chance of winning since he knows the plays!!!!

Lastly, not trading for a qb in offseason aka alex smith was a boneheaded move

54. favresthumbdrive says: Oct 29, 2013 11:31 AM

ktm300xcwe says:

Most astute comment on this thread!

55. granadafan says: Oct 29, 2013 11:38 AM

Greg Jennings may have gotten paid, but I’m sure he’s a bit shellshocked having gone from Burt Farve/ Aaron Rodgers to the four-headed incompetent QBs of Ponder/Cassell/ Webb/ Freeman. Jennings shouldn’t have burnt his bridges with the Packers.

56. asportsfan says: Oct 29, 2013 11:40 AM

Wilfs are not that smart. So, they may not let Frazier/Spielmen go.

Even if they fire Frazier, what is the guarantee that they won’t hire someone like Singletary as their next coach.

Vikings have missed getting their Coach/QB combo – for about 10 years. Chiefs and Niners are perfect examples of getting the right coach. But, a bag of broken hammer is smarter than the Wilfs.

57. purpleguy says: Oct 29, 2013 11:49 AM

Frazier actually is a good leader — the problem is he’s a lousy game-day tactician and even worse at selecting coordinators. He’ll be gone for those reasons. Just a tough season all around.

58. fground says: Oct 29, 2013 11:56 AM

Frazier was screwed when a below average team talent wise got lucky and won 10 games. Luck has a way of evening things up. It may also cost Spielman his job.

The Vikings needed to blow this thing up in 2011. They should have unloaded Allen, Williams, and Winfield while they still had value in the market. They should have realized that this was a longer term project. They sure as heck shouldn’t have reached for a QB 12th overall just because you didn’t have a decent young QB on the roster. If they’d done that they would have had a fairly decent shot at Andrew Luck or RGIII. They were almost that bad anyway, had they jettisoned some vets they almost certainly would have had a top 2 pick.

Right now the Vikings need to suck bad and get a top two pick and hope Mariota comes out so they get him or Bridgewater. Both guys look like they have a very good chance of being a franchise guy. Then they need to realize they are still 2-3 years away from being any good. Get rid of guys like Greenway and Jennings if you can. I’d even move Peterson, because he won’t be around by the time the team is any good.

59. tokyosandblaster says: Oct 29, 2013 12:03 PM

@francheyes,

No kicking, yet. KFan this morning was talking about what free agents available at the end of the year, and who would help the Vikes get back to where they were last year.

They just don’t get it.

Rick Spielman is really the main problem you have. He simply isn’t as good at evaluating talent as other GMs.

You’ve had ok drafts, but you’ve also spent waaaaay too much in free agency.

Also, perhaps you weren’t here this offseason, when we were overwhelmed with predictions of Vikings sweeping the packers, Gow terrible the Packers defense was, etc.

I’d go back to the Packers/niners recap to see if you were berating your fellow Vikings fans for kicking Packers fans while they were down, but we both know you weren’t.

I tried to tell you.

I was right and you were wrong.

Now THAT is kicking you while you’re down.

60. buffaloviking says: Oct 29, 2013 12:30 PM

Nice try. Keep your bags packed.

61. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: Oct 29, 2013 12:34 PM

monctonvike says:Oct 29, 2013 8:32 AM

_______

There are two reasons why you’re getting so many thumbs down on this. First, there is no quick fix that is going to save this team, so it will be at least a two or three year rebuild. Second, everyone hatest the tampa two. The tampa two is designed to let teams drive down the field without giving up the big play. After watching all these 15-play, 10-minute drives the last few weeks, I think we’re all sick of the tampa two. I don’t care about the west coast offense, either. We should run the offense that best suits the talent of the quarterback we draft.

62. Canned Heat says: Oct 29, 2013 12:37 PM

favresthumbdrive says: Oct 29, 2013 11:31 AM

ktm300xcwe says:

Most astute comment on this thread!

______________________________

I agree to an extent about the QB position, but not the rest.

AP/AD looks like a shell of himself from last year…and O-line has a lot to do with it. Ponder doesn’t look like anything from last year, so teams are forcing the Vikes to throw it…and it’s working. This defense is terrible with the exception of Henderson (here and there), Greenway, and Allen.

A lot of people forget the Vikes D was top 10 last few years or better when the Packers D was barely scraping top 30 the last 2. Now that also has flip flopped. Packers are decimated by injury and still in the top 5 in offense and top 8 in defense.

Hate to say it, but Frazier is the Vikings version of Mike Sherman…except Sherman made his own bed. This is Spielman driving himself and Frazier into a one way tunnel.

63. espi0088 says: Oct 29, 2013 1:15 PM

So infuriating how ignorant Vikings are, they are so quick to blame Leslie for this season and so quick to protect Rick Spielman. Drafting three first round picks does not make you a good GM. If any educated person would actually take a look at Ricks draft history from 2007-2013 it is beyond shaky. Do not mention Walsh, if your best pick as a GM is a kicker in the sixth round that is all that needs to be said about your ability to evaluate talent. No perspective team owner is saying get me the guy who missed on a 1st round quarterback but nailed it on a 6th round kicker. its insane to think that people think this is only on Leslie frazier. Frazier took a team that every analyst predicted finished last or second to last in the whole NFL, last year with a QB who ranked 31st at the end of the season and won 10 games. Spielmans whole job/career is to put the best team together on paper. So please people I beg of you to think about that, Spielman put together a team that every analyst predicted would be in the bottom 3 of the LEAGUE. Frazier took that team and won 10 games, with a QB that SPIELMAN hand picked and was ranked 31st. That is worse than sanchez last year, let that sink in. IF any of you would look at the draft picks since 2007 its a success rate of about 20% in 2011 Spielman had 10 picks and only three of them remain on the team ponder, rudolph, and raymond, two are back ups who wont be with the team much longer. That was a league high amount of picks 10 and that’s 9 that went to waste. Still there are those who actually believe drafting first round picks makes you a “magician”. Do not get me wrong I like Frazier but understand that his hire of Musgrave and the way the season has unfolded he will be fired, but to think that he is the problem is sickening without Spielman gone nothing good will come of this if Spielman gets another chance at drafting a Quarterback.

64. espi0088 says: Oct 29, 2013 1:24 PM

Its so funny how people forget this is a million dollar industry. You think when Best Buy stock was free falling, the CEO came out and stated “hey folks we don’t know how we are going to turn this around” No, this is a business if anyone expects Frazier to say anything other than the fact that he believes they can turn it around needs to get a free head exam. I love how people believe that whatever the coach says at a PRESS conference is the same message he is sending to his team. Its mindblowing, Press conferences are all about getting through them without saying anything of true value. Its about creating and controlling the message you want to put out there regardless if its what you believe but come one people getting mad at Frazier because he does not say what you want him to hmmm… maybe it would be valid if you owned the Vikings.

65. shaggytoodle says: Oct 29, 2013 1:39 PM

With sub-par drafting they have regressed, when Harvin got hurt last year you could see the offense being less effective. With him swapped, and a FA WR past his prime and coming off an injury replacing him, teams can just load up the box.

Peterson was amazing last year but he had a way more help.

He needs to go to a place where he has a chance of making the playoffs the next few seasons.

Teams won’t deal for him in the offseason because their are so many avenues to try to find a RB.

66. Frazier28/7 says: Oct 29, 2013 1:41 PM

I can’t believe it’s not butter.

67. francheyes says: Oct 29, 2013 2:30 PM

@tokyosandblaster:

Oh, I think I hit a sore spot. Thank you for proving my point with long(yawn) pathetic explanation. “I was right, and you were wrong.” Really?

68. 2ruefan says: Oct 29, 2013 3:14 PM

fground,

Sorry fground,
    But you DON’T WIN 10 games in the NFL getting “Lucky” as you put it. It’s very competitive, big business.
    A Head coach gets a lot of criticism when things go wrong, and probably too much credit with they go right. But you don’t “LUCK” into 10 wins.

The issues that befell the Vikings this year a numerous, and I think that SPIELMAN (not Frazier) underestimated them:
    1) Losing Winfield
    2) Losing depth at Linebacker
    3) Not having a TRUE decent QB backup
    4) Having no true depth in the 2ndary

Last year they were remarkably healthy, and played consistent and smart. They could EASILY have won any of the first three games given a break or two or just ONE STOP. And they’d be 4-3 and in the thick of it.

But they didn’t, and that’s now how it’s happening this year.

Just the way it is….

69. toddc612 says: Oct 29, 2013 4:33 PM

Oh, just stop making excuses for this poor excuse of a “head coach” already! In case you haven’t noticed, the Vikings and two CONSECUTIVE games which warranted his firing (Carolina and NY) where his team was completely woefully under-prepared and out-coached. Yes, the GM has done him no favors with his personnel decisions, but it’s still Frazier’s responsibility to manage the game — but he has consistently and utterly failed in that regard.

Frazier and his gaggle of hapless coordinators couldn’t coach themselves out of a paper bag.. thankfully they’ll each be gone at the end of the year. Now, how to get the GM fired is another question..

70. tokyosandblaster says: Oct 29, 2013 5:39 PM

Lol…

I predicted 3-13 for the Vikes.

Vikes fans predicted the division crown and a sweep of the packers.

Let’s see…

71. jjh1982 says: Oct 29, 2013 6:49 PM

It is pretty interesting that half of you people were posting that the Vikings were so much better than the Packers, and that there defense sucked and Rodgers wouldn’t make it past the 1st game because of a horrible o-line, but here you are bashing your own team. I have some advice for you, next time wait a couple of games and see how your team does before you declare yourselves champs of anything then you wouldn’t look so stupid and then tokyosandblaster wouldn’t have to call you out lol

72. filthymcnasty1 says: Oct 29, 2013 7:40 PM

I hope this kind of losing is a cautionary tale for Green Bay fans. Some day in the next century or so our team might start as bad as 1-6. Granted, that is an extremely unlikely situation. I would hope we could handle it with the grace and class that Packer fans are renowned for around the globe, and not like these self loathing sub-human Viking fans.

73. bobnelsonjr says: Oct 30, 2013 12:06 AM

Frazier is a great coach for the vikings and he is the right coach to continue to lead the rebuilding effort.

Rick Spielman is a great GM for the vikings.

If they would just listen to the viking customers, starting a raw rookie QB will instantly solve all the problems of a franchise that has won 20 games in the last 4 seasons.