Rodgers says he broke collarbone, no idea how long he’s out

rodgers_aaron_g_mp_600 Getty Images

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers confirmed he suffered a fractured left collarbone last night, and that he’s going to miss some time.

How much time, he doesn’t know yet.

Rodgers spoke to ESPNWisconsin’s Jason Wilde during his normal Tuesday radio show on 540 AM, and said doctors “haven’t talked at all about a timetable.”

I feel like I’ve been a quick healer in the past, and I’m hopeful this will be on the short end of whatever prognosis comes up,” Rodgers said.

Rodgers said there’s not a specific treatment he can undergo to speed the healing, and that he simply has to wait for the bone to heal.

He admitted he tried to play through it last night, taking snaps and throwing a few passes, “but at that point, the amount of pain I was in, it was rough.”

The real pain will be for the Packers, who now have to prepare for an extended period without one of the league’s top quarterbacks.

Permalink 156 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
156 Responses to “Rodgers says he broke collarbone, no idea how long he’s out”
  1. thestrategyexpert says: Nov 5, 2013 2:39 PM

Nice QB situation you have there. That’s pathetic.

2. blowpackblow says: Nov 5, 2013 2:40 PM

Looks like Rodgers is having his shoulder daaaable checked.

3. allday28mvpmvp says: Nov 5, 2013 2:40 PM

Hard to see GB in the playoffs now.

4. starvingardens says: Nov 5, 2013 2:41 PM

Time to sign Matt Flynn!

You know he’s available.

5. mariorat says: Nov 5, 2013 2:41 PM

And with that, I bid adiue to my Fantasy Football season.

6. bradleybt says: Nov 5, 2013 2:41 PM

Rodgers will do everything he can to get back as soon as he can. That being said… as a Packer fan I want him to come back when he’s fully ready. You gotta look at the big picture. This season has been ridiculous with the amount of injuries that the Packers have gone through and as a fan I’d like some answers. I like Thompsons vision of building through the draft but I wish they’d spend some cash on some solid free agent O-linemen.

7. attyken says: Nov 5, 2013 2:41 PM

This is terrible….how will he do the discount double check with a broken collarbone?

8. theysone says: Nov 5, 2013 2:41 PM

Paging Matt Flynn…

9. skinsfan91 says: Nov 5, 2013 2:41 PM

Of course he has to break his collarbone when he has two NFCE opponents coming up. Redskins need all the help they can get.

10. beedubyatoo says: Nov 5, 2013 2:42 PM

The question is, is who will be Seneca Wallace’s backup. Scott Tolzien isn’t the answer I’m looking for.

11. ehog says: Nov 5, 2013 2:42 PM

Queue Darth Vader: “Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!”

12. purpleguy says: Nov 5, 2013 2:42 PM

Tough deal for Rodgers and the Pack — first time in about 20 years the Pack will go more than a couple games without a decent QB. Welcome to the world of Vikings’ fans.

13. stevenwilliams2013 says: Nov 5, 2013 2:44 PM

14. clg82 says: Nov 5, 2013 2:45 PM

Here’s too hoping you have a speedy recovery! Watching my beloved Packers won’t be the same…..

15. forreels says: Nov 5, 2013 2:45 PM

Wow wonder how much that hit was worth….

16. jayman35 says: Nov 5, 2013 2:45 PM

Unfortunate that one of the league’s best QBs will be out for any extended period of time. Hope he comes back soon. This from a 49ers fan.

17. infectorman says: Nov 5, 2013 2:45 PM

From the tallest building in Green Bay (whats that, Mike McCarthy’s Barn?),
    piercing through the Wisconsin night sky, appears that ever familiar sight to the good folks of Green Bayopolis….The all too familiar distress signal in the Wisconsin night sky.. the Matt Flynn Bat Signal!!!!

18. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Nov 5, 2013 2:46 PM

Well there you go. Get well soon, Aaron. Next man up, Seneca, will keep your spot warm and we’ll be ready to roll as soon as you get back.

Warriors.

19. frankiemontana says: Nov 5, 2013 2:46 PM

Looks like Matt Flynn has a job again

20. operwapitsai says: Nov 5, 2013 2:47 PM

well the vikes now have the second best qb(s) in the NFC North!!!

21. calebo94 says: Nov 5, 2013 2:47 PM

Ted Thompson…Brett Favre is on Line 1

22. sakatak says: Nov 5, 2013 2:47 PM

Get well soon, Aaron.

23. belleby123 says: Nov 5, 2013 2:47 PM

The media has officially gone nuts. Rodgers has been hit a million times, and we’re supposed to be shocked that he finally broke something? And McCarthy’s brain trust doesn’t have a game plan for Rodgers going down? Come on, man.

24. Suck for the Duck says: Nov 5, 2013 2:48 PM

Now we’re going to see just how much of a genius Ted Thompson is. I’ve been told for years what a great team he’s assembled and I’ve argued that they are below average without Rodgers. Should be interesting.

25. countduku says: Nov 5, 2013 2:49 PM

Get well soon Aaron. I hope your back at 100% in a few years., Sincerely, Bears fans

26. Jay Spanbauer says: Nov 5, 2013 2:49 PM

Discount Double-Check your playoff chance, Packers fans.

27. Suck for the Duck says: Nov 5, 2013 2:49 PM

Don’t worry Packer fans, I’m sure Rodgers will be back in time for the playo…

I mean, next season.

28. jrebar88 says: Nov 5, 2013 2:49 PM

Their season is over.

29. bearshaterseverywhere says: Nov 5, 2013 2:49 PM

At least you can still enjoy GRILL CLASS!!!!

Get better soon Rodgers!

30. 15starr says: Nov 5, 2013 2:50 PM

We got this Rodgers. Get well soon.

31. bigdawg24 says: Nov 5, 2013 2:51 PM

I hear Matt Flynn is available…..

32. bennyb82 says: Nov 5, 2013 2:52 PM

How does a team not have a better backup option than Wallace?

33. footballfan01 says: Nov 5, 2013 2:52 PM

Let’s hope he doesn’t ask Brett Favre or Johnny Jolly about pain medication.

34. tremoluxman says: Nov 5, 2013 2:52 PM

Get well soon, AR. See, I’m a Viking fan and I can be civil. Some Packer fans should try it sometime.

35. tokyosandblaster says: Nov 5, 2013 2:53 PM

Get better soon, dude.

I love how the Packers say they’re going to get better in an area and then they just do it.

For instance, they wanted to improve the running game, and they’re now 2nd in the NFL in rushing yards per game.

That kind of quick success has to be lamented by arena teams like the Minnesota Vikings.

36. 6ball says: Nov 5, 2013 2:53 PM

Injuries > your roster, your coaching, your draft, your cap management etc etc

37. tritz32 says: Nov 5, 2013 2:54 PM

Well that doesn’t sound good. I’m thinking possibly season ending. I know one thing, Seneca Wallace or Matt Flynn won’t get this team to the playoffs. If they bring back Vince Young (I said it) he might be able to squeek out a Wild Card.

There’s only one QB who can keep the Pack on track to the Super Bowl and that’s The Ol’ Gunslinger. What better way to get back in the good graces of disgruntled fans (which I don’t understand) and I don’t think the offense would really skip a beat.

One problem, TT won’t do it. Big ego. This sucks, it really really sucks.

38. touchdownroddywhite says: Nov 5, 2013 2:54 PM

Must be nice to have your starting QB miss one game in the last couple decades. Luck had to run out some time.

39. theseaward says: Nov 5, 2013 2:54 PM

And Matt Flynn comes full circle.

40. jayjumpers says: Nov 5, 2013 2:55 PM

Yeah, try three different staring QBs including two rookies and another guy with 1 start before this year all taking snaps before we reached Nov like the Bills, and then come asking for anyone to feel sorry for you Packer fans.

41. dooley644 says: Nov 5, 2013 2:55 PM

Hope the Packers are able to at least keep it interesting.

If he comes back this year, Week 17 @Chicago will be a hell of a game if the Packers are still in it by then.

42. jojopuppyfish says: Nov 5, 2013 2:56 PM

As a bears fan, now you know how tough it is to win in the NFL with a backup QB

43. kaeprulestheworld says: Nov 5, 2013 2:56 PM

DAMN, can’t shake injuries.

44. phillysports1 says: Nov 5, 2013 2:56 PM

Eagles will be playing a packers team without their best player .cowboys will travel to New Orleans , and Washington will travel to a Minnesota team that’s playing better then a 1-7 football team.

EAGLES !!!!!!

45. doe22us says: Nov 5, 2013 2:56 PM

Rough, hopefully its a 3-4 week injury, since bone heals faster than tendons.

46. axespray says: Nov 5, 2013 2:57 PM

viking fans wishing he’d tear his acl or get injured finally got their wish….congrats on the class …smh.

47. greenbaypackersowner says: Nov 5, 2013 2:57 PM

Favre would rub some dirt on it and play through the pain.

48. genericuser8888 says: Nov 5, 2013 2:57 PM

When I hear “broken bone” I always expect the worst, but Saints receiver Marques Colston broke his collarbone and only missed two games. If I remember correctly, they put a metal plate in to hold his collarbone together and he could heal normally while still playing.

It’s crazy that these guys can recover so quickly from this type of injury.

So, keep your chin up Packer fans.

49. kriswd40 says: Nov 5, 2013 2:58 PM

Seneca Wallace is about to Wally Pip Aaron Rodgers… yeah, probably not.

50. nickynick04 says: Nov 5, 2013 2:59 PM

call Brett

51. 84smooninlambeaunevergetsold says: Nov 5, 2013 3:01 PM

I would never make fun of a players injury, but it’s not like anybody didn’t see this coming. Am I right?

52. whattherockiscookin says: Nov 5, 2013 3:01 PM

How will the Packers beat the Eagles without Aaron Rodgers? Will he still be able to do the discount double check? What a shame.

53. chiadam says: Nov 5, 2013 3:02 PM

Does he think we’re idiots? Of course a timetable was talked about. Did the team doctor say “Hey, you broke your collarbone. See you later” and hurry off?

54. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Nov 5, 2013 3:03 PM

purpleguy says:Nov 5, 2013 2:42 PM

—-

You don’t need to stay in that world.

55. sikoix says: Nov 5, 2013 3:04 PM

I don’t wish injury on any player and hopefully Rodgers has a speedy recovery. But I feel obligated to point out they suddenly feel like they are about equally competitive as the Vikings with Wallace behind center. Not an insult, but maybe some Packer trolls will soon be able to empathize somewhat what it’s like being a non-bandwagon Viking fan for a couple weeks.

56. thefiesty1 says: Nov 5, 2013 3:06 PM

I broke my right collarbone in July in a similar fall. It took six weeks to heal and still is sore to sleep on my right side. Good luck AR, your going to need it. The Packers better be calling Vince Young right NOW.

57. snakeiz says: Nov 5, 2013 3:06 PM

What a Godsend…Matt Flynn just released from Bills too.He’s looking for a job and Pack looking for a qb to toss td’ passes.Last time I saw him in a packers’ uniform he did just that.Lot’s of them.

58. pem34 says: Nov 5, 2013 3:07 PM

He looked me right in the eye and said, “My collarbone is broken”.

Then, next thing I know, he’s out running around with his arms up in the air, throwing footballs, doing pull-ups. You don;t know how it makes you feel when someone you have such a deep, emotional connection to does you like that.

59. packsucks says: Nov 5, 2013 3:07 PM

Give Ryan Braun a call he can hook you up with something or Jonny Jolly has something to take the pain away in his car.

60. mrrodgersneighborhood says: Nov 5, 2013 3:07 PM

It’s gonna be like watching a Viking game the way teams will stack the box against the packers now

61. cursedvikings1998 says: Nov 5, 2013 3:08 PM

He’ll be out one month at least.

62. trollsetter says: Nov 5, 2013 3:10 PM

Fear, anger, suffering…

63. warsal says: Nov 5, 2013 3:10 PM

Lions better take advantage of this! Or they could go get Flynn so that if he isn;t back by Thanksgiving he can torch them for 500 yards.

64. kansacity88 says: Nov 5, 2013 3:11 PM

Cornerback Asante Samuel tweets:

“If Aaron was on my team I’d be looking at him sideways.”

Defensive end Darnell Dockett added:

“If I’m on Green Bay team Aaron Rodgers has to wait till me and the team shower get dressed and leave before he comes in the locker room!”

65. bjamesa says: Nov 5, 2013 3:11 PM

I’m going to the Dec. 8th game at Lambeau against the Falcons. My unprofessional opinion is that this is the game Rodgers makes his comeback. I think he misses 4 weeks and the Packers go 2-2. He will come back to a 7-5 team and run the table, finishing 11-5 and winning the division on the last week of the regular season in…. Chicago.

66. cobaltdriver says: Nov 5, 2013 3:12 PM

Cue up the loser Viking fans…must suck for you that the Pack and Bears can play and win with so many injuries,yet y all are on here flapping you delusional mouths..and how does that feel..someone from your own back yard is coaching the a Bears to the playoffs? You coulda shoulda had Mark Trestman a million times and now he’s got da Bears back to their rightful spot..NFC north champs

67. Neftali Ramos says: Nov 5, 2013 3:16 PM

Sounds like they should’ve kept Vince Young on the roster.

68. cmstrick says: Nov 5, 2013 3:16 PM

Three weeks, tops. The Packers will go 2-1 over that span and be back on top of the North by Thanksgiving.

69. fluffy19 says: Nov 5, 2013 3:16 PM

Packers, you need a back-up QB? Call the Vikes! We’ve got 4 of them.

All kidding aside, get well soon ARodg. Never cool to cheer for injury. Hopefully we’ll draft a worthy adversary for you in next year’s draft. As a fan of the position, I think I envy the Favre/Rodgers run more than the Super Bowl wins. I’ve gotten used to losing….I just want to see an above average QB every week.

Love,
    A Vikings fan

70. swaggyy says: Nov 5, 2013 3:19 PM

Tebow?

71. crownofthehelmet says: Nov 5, 2013 3:20 PM

“I feel like I’ve been a quick healer in the past,” Rodgers said.
    ————————————————–
    I’m sure his friendship with Braun had a lot to do with that.

72. 84smooninlambeaunevergetsold says: Nov 5, 2013 3:20 PM

This is what happens Packer fans you’re spoiled. You and “the whole state of Wisconsin” all off sudden don’t know what to do.

Count to ten.
    Tell yourself the truth.
    Stop the hurting.
    Welcome to reality.
    Embrace the suck.

73. stuka88 says: Nov 5, 2013 3:21 PM

Vikings fan here.
    Sucks when you lose because of injuries instead of skill.
    Like us…

74. jwil444 says: Nov 5, 2013 3:21 PM

Two words, Brett Favre………

75. mnmark says: Nov 5, 2013 3:21 PM

As a Viking fan I wish Rodgers well. I could only hope that one day us Vikes can understand how to draft, groom and find a franchise QB that Green Bay has done for so long. Still bleeding purple and gold. Our day will come!

76. daryllh says: Nov 5, 2013 3:21 PM

He says he’s a quick healer. With friends like Ryan Braun, it makes sense.

77. perkjctc says: Nov 5, 2013 3:22 PM

“I feel like I’ve been a quick healer in the past”

Probably because he’s on the same stuff his buddy Ryan Braun is on.

78. ketchupaholic says: Nov 5, 2013 3:24 PM

As one who broke their collarbone, You are looking at a minimum of 6 weeks. You can’t rush that back boy back. Season is over for the Packers.

79. skittlesareyum says: Nov 5, 2013 3:25 PM

Suck for the Duck says:
    Nov 5, 2013 2:48 PM

————————

There isn’t a team in the entire NFL that’s average or above average without their starting QB.

80. lombardisshineinfoxborough says: Nov 5, 2013 3:25 PM

I broke my left collarbone twice, and based on my experience I am guessing he’s looking at 8 weeks before he’s back on the field….but hoping he has a speedy recovery.

81. Paul M. says: Nov 5, 2013 3:25 PM

Good thing he has his insurance salesman job to fall back on.

82. pologroundsvet says: Nov 5, 2013 3:25 PM

phillysports1 says: Nov 5, 2013 2:56 PM

EAGLES !!!!!!

Did you inadvertently forget the G Men?

83. jtakstaples says: Nov 5, 2013 3:25 PM

We can’t get Flynn back. Been there and done that. He was a one game wonder.

VY maybe? but who wants to take a chance on a qb that walked out on the Titans.

Tebow? Younger version of VY. Winner. GB loves winners. I would welcome Tebow over Wallace!!!

84. 69finfan says: Nov 5, 2013 3:26 PM

Tim Tebow!

85. thegreatgabbert says: Nov 5, 2013 3:26 PM

Well, the Packers get to test beat writer Bob McGinn’s recently published hypothesis about the team not needing Rodgers in the lineup to win.

Of course if it’s as accurate as his pre game analysis of Bear’s Shea McLellin (“McLellin stinks. Just not a football player. A lot of people say he should be in a 3-4. Let me tell you something. If a guy can rush the passer, the guy can rush the passer. He can’t rush the passer. I don’t care what the scheme is. He’s always a tad short. He doesn’t bring anything to the table. He doesn’t make plays”).

Geez, Bob, it’s a good thing you chose the writing side of the game.

86. tacowrecker says: Nov 5, 2013 3:29 PM

Say what you want about Matt Flynn, but he’s shown he can function quite well in the Packers offense. I’d have to think he’d be VASTLY superior to Wallace or Tolzien, gimpy elbow or not.

87. richardmswartz says: Nov 5, 2013 3:29 PM

I wouldn’t be shocked if the Packers win this week. The Eagles defense has been playing better over the past 4 games or so, but it’s a match up nightmare so long as Wallace is accurate at all. As long as Green Bay doesn’t stay in cover 2 the whole game, the Eagles offense will have somewhat of a hard time scoring. I wouldn’t pick the Packers but I don’t think I’ld put anything on the Eagles either.

88. seattlecoug says: Nov 5, 2013 3:34 PM

It was a catch.

89. contra74 says: Nov 5, 2013 3:34 PM

Aww what happened to your shiny QB? Well, its a good thing you guys improved that O-li…well then theres always that Defe….youve got that one kicker that will take you deep into the pla……wait….LOL

90. schmitty2 says: Nov 5, 2013 3:35 PM

stevenwilliams2013 says:Nov 5, 2013 2:44 PM

Take it easy there Uncle Rico.

91. packfan0492 says: Nov 5, 2013 3:36 PM

Call your buddy Braun, he can set you up…

92. crownofthehelmet says: Nov 5, 2013 3:36 PM

stevenwilliams2013 says:Nov 5, 2013 2:44 PM

—————————————————-
    I remember that season. You were great Uncle Rico, thanks for the memories.

93. ihaterogergoodell says: Nov 5, 2013 3:38 PM

Get well soon, Aaron. Football is better when everyone is healthy.

94. immafubared says: Nov 5, 2013 3:38 PM

Ted Thompson is no genius. He is just a very lucky guy to have Rogers at QB. If he was the genius people say, he would have taken two top linemen in last years draft to protect Rogers instead of a bum named Jones who is only playing part time -great choice genius, and Lacy.
    I think Lacy would have been there in the third round. Instead you bet on the cum: Belaga would come back from a hip injury and play great, Sherrod would come back from a double leg fracture and play great and Newhouse would finally show up and play.
    Struck out on all three of those options.

Ted also decided since Rogers never gets hurt, lets cut two QB’s who were on the team a few years to save some bucks and pick up the just cut twice in a few weeks Wallace. Heck, he won’t play. Rogers will be the guy, lets just bet on nothing going wrong and work on that next year. Save some money.

Yes the real packers will show up like last night and it will not be pretty down the road. This so called defense is the worst in the league and it will be exposed for what it is: Teddy boy cheap ball late round picks and undrafteds.

95. wingz101 says: Nov 5, 2013 3:44 PM

As a Lions fan i know I should be happy but the last time a GB back up replaced Rodgers for a game against us he destroyed us to the tune of … 480 yards and 6 touchdowns.

Its hard being a Lions fan, real hard.

96. kabasaman says: Nov 5, 2013 3:47 PM

“One Man Team”

97. mcastill says: Nov 5, 2013 3:47 PM

@cobaltdriver – Why bash the Vikes?? So you have Trestman…good for you. I hope Rodgers comes back sooner than later.

98. cornerstone2001 says: Nov 5, 2013 3:50 PM

“stevenwilliams2013 says:
    Nov 5, 2013 2:44 PM
    I once played an entire year of Junior college football with a broken collar bone and two fractured ribs and broke all the passing records in our conference. So if I can play through pain, I know that Rodgers can!”

…..Now that’s “fantasy” football

99. metalhead65 says: Nov 5, 2013 3:51 PM

I hear caleb hanie is available and cheaper than matt flynn.

100. usdcoyotesfan says: Nov 5, 2013 3:53 PM

This is what happens when the commissioner will do anything to cripple a team financially because he thinks publicly owned teams have no place in sports: Defenders can tee off on your franchise player. If a Packers player made that same tackle (it was a horse collar), it would be a fine. But since it happened to Rodgers, the defender didn’t get so much as a flag.

101. 4gone says: Nov 5, 2013 3:55 PM

Really hate to see this.

I have to call BS on the “no timetable” line.

They know exactly how long he will be out. Call your best friend Braun and he can give you something to heal faster.

102. hammerhead75 says: Nov 5, 2013 3:56 PM

crownofthehelmet says: Nov 5, 2013 3:36 PM

stevenwilliams2013 says:Nov 5, 2013 2:44 PM

—————————————————-
    I remember that season. You were great Uncle Rico, thanks for the memories.
    _______________________________

LOL!!! Best comment I have ever read on this site.

103. justintuckrule says: Nov 5, 2013 3:59 PM

As long as he’s healthy in December when they play Dallas, I’ll be happy.

104. 15starr says: Nov 5, 2013 3:59 PM

Packers will be fine. Of coarse we need Rodgers to win the Super Bowl, but we can get by until he gets back. Packers had a chance against the Bears with their backup who doesn’t know the offense and hasn’t had valuable practice snaps all season. I know the bears had their backup QB in as well, but he had two weeks to prepare. Give McCarthy some time to coach up Wallace, defense needs to step up, we’ll be fine.

105. jimmyt says: Nov 5, 2013 4:00 PM

Nah, he ain’t that good. Won’t be much drop off with Wallace.

106. peddealer says: Nov 5, 2013 4:03 PM

Let’s hope Vince hasn’t left the building just yet!

107. mightyminer says: Nov 5, 2013 4:03 PM

Romo broke his non-throwing collarbone in Week7 and never returned that season.

108. jonbeck316 says: Nov 5, 2013 4:05 PM

Rodgers broke his collarbone carrying his sorry team on his back

109. niner13 says: Nov 5, 2013 4:07 PM

When Alex Smith broke his collar bone on a similar play (sack,) he missed the rest of the season. Just sayin’.

110. officialgame says: Nov 5, 2013 4:11 PM

Mat Flynn is holding out for more money.

111. deltaoracle says: Nov 5, 2013 4:11 PM

It will help a lot to give Wallace a week (even a “short” one) to take a lot of snaps and prepare rather than running the scout team. If Lacy and Starks can keep running the ball well the Packers at least have a chance to still be in the hunt when Rodgers (and Matthews and Cobb and others) return. Very tough situation but no one’s giving up on the season yet.

112. vegasgreek says: Nov 5, 2013 4:21 PM

Forget Flynn he has a dead throwing arm . SIGN BRETT FAVRE NOW ! He knows the offense and can complete the slant passes when there are 8 men in the box on Lacey. Worst case scenario Rodgers is out a month or even 6 weeks GOD FORBID ! Better to sign Favre than stay with Wallace . TT passed over Dez Bryant for Bulaga . BIG MISTAKE ! Vince Young can’t read defenses and he is washed up. He would have signed with The Raiders or the Jags if he could still play. FAVRE IS THEIR ONLY HOPE !

113. flyiton says: Nov 5, 2013 4:22 PM

Welcome to our World,,,,,,,,a Vikings Fan

114. beedubyatoo says: Nov 5, 2013 4:29 PM

The only team in the league who can lose their 2 best players to injury and continue to win.

He said prayerfully.

115. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Nov 5, 2013 4:36 PM

Suck for the Duck says:Nov 5, 2013 2:49 PM

Don’t worry Packer fans, I’m sure Rodgers will be back in time for the playo…

I mean, next season.

—–

Don’t worry viking fans, I’m sure you’ll find a competent QB before AD’s career is ov….

Tell us again how you’re going to sign some “can’t miss” rookie QB next year and then it’s super bowl, homeboy.

116. sadviking says: Nov 5, 2013 4:55 PM

Time to sign Matt Flynn!

You know he’s available.

Not if the Vikings beat you to it!!!

117. duece5 says: Nov 5, 2013 4:56 PM

Carl Gerbschmidt says: Nov 5, 2013 4:36 PM

Suck for the Duck says:Nov 5, 2013 2:49 PM

Don’t worry Packer fans, I’m sure Rodgers will be back in time for the playo…

I mean, next season.

—–

duece5 says:

Everything goes in cycles, Carly. Your team was PATHETIC for 20 years through the 70s and 80s, while we dominated.

Your team has had 2 championships over the last 45 years…..not really dominating.

But hey, all those “championships” in the 30s or 40s against the Sioux City Chiefs make you feel good, go for it!!!!

In the meantime, we are appreciative that our backup qbs are better than ANY of your sorry slackys.

Yes, both our teams will be watching other teams in the playoffs, while we look to get a top 5 pick.

Maybe you guys should look for a qb with stronger bones……eh Carly??

118. duece5 says: Nov 5, 2013 4:58 PM

I hope Erin discount double checked his health coverage!!!!

119. logic4sale says: Nov 5, 2013 5:00 PM

In my best Ben Stiller voice, “What about Brett Favre-a?”

120. contra74 says: Nov 5, 2013 5:00 PM

Carl Gerbschmidt says:
    Nov 5, 2013 4:36 PM
    Suck for the Duck says:Nov 5, 2013 2:49 PM

Don’t worry Packer fans, I’m sure Rodgers will be back in time for the playo…

I mean, next season.

—–

—-
    Tell us again how TT is a genius by only carrying 2 QBs.

121. salvi18 says: Nov 5, 2013 5:01 PM

Coming from an Eagle fan, he is one of the best in the game and I would have liked to play them with him behind center (nice measuring stick for our D), fast recovery AR

122. duece5 says: Nov 5, 2013 5:02 PM

niner13 says: Nov 5, 2013 4:07 PM

duece5 says:

No way he is out only 3 games….dude is done for a good 5 weeks, minimum.

Season is over……..darn. :)

123. duece5 says: Nov 5, 2013 5:08 PM

TT takes Wallace over Young and picking up Flynn.

TT you are a “genius”!!!!!!!!

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

124. duece5 says: Nov 5, 2013 5:09 PM

The echo you are all hearing from the armpit of America, err, gbay:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

125. GenXJay says: Nov 5, 2013 5:12 PM

Who cares about his injury.
    I’m still waiting for ShAaron to make good on the twitter bet.

126. Suck for the Duck says: Nov 5, 2013 5:13 PM

tokyosandblaster says:Nov 5, 2013 2:53 PM

_______

Yep, they just say they’re going to do it and they do it. Of course, they said they were going to do it in 2008…

127. Suck for the Duck says: Nov 5, 2013 5:17 PM

skittlesareyum says:Nov 5, 2013 3:25 PM
    Suck for the Duck says:
    Nov 5, 2013 2:48 PM

————————

_____

I was trying to be kind, but have it your way. Without Rodgers, they suck big time.

128. cobaltdriver says: Nov 5, 2013 5:17 PM

Vike fans don t know why you r yapping,your team has been healthy all year and it s 1-7… I d s pose your happy cuz now the Pack will beat you by 2 touchdowns instead of 4

129. filthymcnasty1 says: Nov 5, 2013 5:24 PM

I’m looking forward to Rodgers heroic return from this tragic injury.

130. anthonymtx says: Nov 5, 2013 5:24 PM

Why is everyone already saying the seasons over and to sign Flynn?? Seneca has just played only ONE game with the Pack and with the exception of the first field goal from the Rodgers drive, the Pack still put up 17 points more. The same talk came about Crosby before when he was doing horrible in preseason. People were quick to want him out but Ted and Coach McCarthy had enough faith to keep him. and now he’s one of the top kickers in the League. Did you see that perfect onside kick last night? I say if Coach McCarthy and Ted Thompson have faith in Seneca, then I will too

131. thursts says: Nov 5, 2013 5:39 PM

According to the Rams, Farve is in shape. Now that would be a way to bring him back into the family! Sorry. Couldn’t resist. Hoping only the best for Rodgers and the Pack!

132. packerenglishmajor says: Nov 5, 2013 5:50 PM

So how do Packer fans respond when another team’s star goes down:
    whatjusthapped says: Nov 4, 2013 3:43 PM

Injuries are part of the NFL landscape but few teams are as bad as the Vikings so it really hits hard when its one of their key playmakers.

Noodle Arm Ponder needs all the help he can get when floating one of his ducks out there in the Viking version of the forward pass.

OR:
    jimmysee says: Nov 4, 2013 5:38 PM

So looks like Kyle will not be back when the Vikings go to Lambeau.

Lucky for him.

Or the Tasteless:
    filthymcnasty1 says: Nov 4, 2013 6:52 PM

A broken foot must feel like a gift from the heavens – a merciful respite from the constant humiliation of playing for the wretched Vikings.

Stay classy Karma lovers

133. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Nov 5, 2013 5:52 PM

Wow, thanks for confirming my theory vike fans. I guess when your team is terrible and you have no hope for the future, the only thing you have left is to find joy in the misfortune of other teams. Skol.

134. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Nov 5, 2013 5:55 PM

@packerenglishmajor

Carl Gerbschmidt says:Nov 1, 2013 2:03 PM

I think Christian has shown enough. You just need to be more patient. I thought his stats to this point were similar to those of Drew Brees and Eli Manning ealier in their careers? Right? Isn’t that what you all said? Why are you all giving up on him so fast?

—–

At least I have Christian’s back, that’s more than I can say for your fair weather vike fans…

135. contra74 says: Nov 5, 2013 6:02 PM

Carl Gerbschmidt says:
    Nov 5, 2013 5:52 PM

But…isnt that what you are doing right now? Your team is done.

136. jhop86 says: Nov 5, 2013 6:30 PM

Call favre bet he would come back for packers

137. usdcoyotesfan says: Nov 5, 2013 6:34 PM

I don’t understand why everybody thinks the Packers’ season is shot. First of all, the Packers get to play the Eagles, Giants, and Vikings the next 3 weeks. Also, he is questionable for the following game, which is on Thanksgiving Day.

138. coachjohnharbaugh says: Nov 5, 2013 6:40 PM

bahaha epic fail

139. jskzoocrew says: Nov 5, 2013 6:57 PM

Tebow Time!!!!

140. filthymcnasty1 says: Nov 5, 2013 7:33 PM

This is a near clone of our 2010 season. And we have the exact same loser Viking fans saying it can’t be done. Yes, those same 1-7 Viking fans that were guaranteeing purple Superbowl berths a few months ago. These are people who have difficulty spelling “football”.

We are getting Rodgers back. And it will be glorious.

141. baltimoresnativeson says: Nov 5, 2013 7:37 PM

Discount double check in to the hospital.

142. thejuddstir says: Nov 5, 2013 7:51 PM

There’s a guy down in Hattiesburg ridin’ his tractor, maybe TT and MM should jump on a plane (cropduster in GB) and bring him on back ! Biggest difference between Rodgers and Favre…..BF would’ve been back out on the field playing after getting his shoulder taped up. Guess that’s another record of BF’s that Erin won’t be breaking, iron man consecutive game streak.

143. bamasleeper13 says: Nov 5, 2013 8:11 PM

Get well Aaron! I don’t understand how the best backup we have is Wallace???? The Bears should be pleased with how well their backup did. I really wish they would call Flynn!

144. myhornispurple says: Nov 5, 2013 8:13 PM

It’ll never heal.

145. icewalker946 says: Nov 5, 2013 8:15 PM

To most of the Viking fans that have posted respectful comments on here, thanks. I thought I’d see a lot more vicious comments on here but you guys have been calm.

I don’t post often (usually because the comments never show up anyway for some reason) but just wanted to let you know it was nice of you to send friendly words.

146. purpwalk says: Nov 5, 2013 8:28 PM

put all your eggs in one basket, then drop the basket and break the eggs and that’s what you have in GB

147. filthymcnasty1 says: Nov 5, 2013 9:36 PM

I must admit that I’m in awe of the overwhelming outpouring of love and support of NFL fans from everywhere besides MN. On the periodic dark days in history it truly is appreciated. Thank you.

148. howiehandles says: Nov 5, 2013 9:55 PM

” they wanted to improve the running game, and they’re now 2nd in the NFL in rushing yards per game.”

Kinda helps when Rodgers is the qb, he’s a bit of a threat to throw. Let’s see the running game the next couple of weeks.

149. duece5 says: Nov 5, 2013 11:16 PM

filthymcnasty1 says: Nov 5, 2013 7:33 PM

We are getting Rodgers back. And it will be glorious.

duece5 says:

If it makes you feel better about the Viking Super Bowl predictions that weren’t made, go for it dude.

The only glorious thing that is going to happen is watchong grown drunk men cry after losing 5 games straight, and out of the playoffs for the pukes.

Yes, I will predict our chick is tougher than your chick at qb, and the Vikes will win at Lambeau, fairly easily by the way.

150. larrydiels says: Nov 5, 2013 11:27 PM

the smart choice is to call brett and get him back to GB for few games he still has it, the ironman will get the job done till aaron recovers and back on his feet and who else better to take aarons place he knows everything all there plays, it will heal bad wounds and keep the hopes of the season promising and i truley think it will bring peace between brett and the fans

151. gutpunch77 says: Nov 6, 2013 5:45 AM

All the eggs in one basket are you talking about the entire Vikings organization because they have been doing that for a long time…

152. tokyosandblaster says: Nov 6, 2013 10:31 AM

howiehandles says:
    Nov 5, 2013 9:55 PM

—-

That is true.

It’s not like the Packers gained 150 yards on the ground after Rodgers went down, against 8 in the box.

Oh…wait…

153. lanski5 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:00 AM

I’m not ready to call this a season yet, anything can happen. To have a realistic chance, the defense cannot have another game like they did against the Bears.
    Speaking of the Bears, Great game plan Monday night, I gave the Bears NO chance to win. The Bears #2 guy is far better than Cutler. I can’t think of a single game where he’s played well against GB, the loan win had more to do with Packer penalties (17) and turnovers than Cutler carving them up.

154. deweyaxewound says: Nov 6, 2013 3:21 PM

skittlesareyum says: Nov 5, 2013 3:25 PM

Suck for the Duck says:
    Nov 5, 2013 2:48 PM

————————

_______________________

See: 2013 Bears, Week 9

155. deweyaxewound says: Nov 6, 2013 3:22 PM

beedubyatoo says: Nov 5, 2013 4:29 PM

______________________________

See above.

156. gutpunch77 says: Nov 7, 2013 2:38 AM

Love how all these Vikings fans are waiting in the weeds to see something like this to happen. Just because there team is terrible year after year