Report: Rodgers likely to miss 4-6 weeks

Rodgers Getty Images

On last night’s edition of Pro Football Talk on NBCSN, we addressed the expected duration of Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers‘ absence due to a broken collarbone, given ESPN has reported that Rodgers is expected to miss three weeks.

Though I admitted that I’m neither a doctor nor play one on TV nor stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night or ever (there goes the potential Holiday Inn Express endorsement), I have access to Google and Google tells me the expected healing time for a fractured collarbone is 4-6 weeks.

Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports has subsequently reported that Rodgers is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.

While NFL players often display the ability to heal faster than non-athletes, the ability of human bones to heal doesn’t vary much based on profession or fitness level.

So 4-6 weeks it is, and the real question is whether Rodgers can be ready a few days short of four weeks, so that he can play on Thanksgiving when the Packers visit the Lions.

Permalink 129 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
129 Responses to “Report: Rodgers likely to miss 4-6 weeks”
  1. gloomysmitty says: Nov 6, 2013 11:05 AM

We want favre lol

2. fantasysportslockerroom says: Nov 6, 2013 11:06 AM

That Holliday Inn Express joke would have been much funnier without the disclaimer in parenthesis afterwards

3. ccjcsr says: Nov 6, 2013 11:07 AM

Just enough time to miss the playoffs.

4. blowpackblow says: Nov 6, 2013 11:08 AM

Better daaable check who is going to take the NFC North. Tip: It’s not MN

5. atlfan31833 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:08 AM

But the real question is…
    do they go and pick up Flynn who knows their offense and did quite well the last time he filled in for Rodgers (the only time he has done well in the pros).

6. Suck for the Duck says: Nov 6, 2013 11:08 AM

The beauty of it is that it isn’t a career-threatening injury and there won’t be any long-term consequences. Rodgers will come back as good as ever once the collarbone has healed. But meanwhile, Packer fans have to see what kind of team The Great Ted Thompson really built for them. A great quarterback makes a lot of people look like geniuses.

7. pkrjones says: Nov 6, 2013 11:09 AM

Smart thing would be to get him back for week 14 matchup against the Falcons ~ give him a full 34 days to heal.

Winning the last 4 and stealing a wildcard spot needs to be the priority, rather than try for the Thanksgiving game… which would only be 24 days and leave him susceptible to reinjury.

8. joshm5683 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:10 AM

Huge Packers hater, my most disliked team…….however it will suck when they miss the playoffs, because the playoffs are always more fun when GB is in the mix. Hope Rodgers heals quickly.

9. iamapatsfan says: Nov 6, 2013 11:11 AM

“In an unrelated development, FOX has delivered a case of calcium supplements to Rodgers.”

Lol. Are these supplements this seasons reindeer spray or whatever the hell it was?

10. duece5 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:11 AM

As Bill Murray stated in the movie STRIPES:

“…..and then depression set in.”

Sorry pack fans……there is no “next man up.”

This will reak of an 7-9 type year when the dust settles.

TT the genius, he is NOT.

Epic fail to not have at least a suitable backup to Erin.

TT should have taken Spielman’s lead, at least he got Cassel.

Gbay fans would take Cassel in a heartbeat to try to win a few games no doubt.

11. rpiotr01 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:12 AM

If GB secondary doesn’t play better none of this will matter on Thanksgiving – Johnson will eat them alive with a side of sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce.

12. freshnsoclean says: Nov 6, 2013 11:13 AM

Which translates to – Packer fans will see what it’s like to be a Vikings fan 4-6 weeks.

13. PurpleRaid18 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:13 AM

I watched the game with some friends, and having played DB and broke my clavicle in High School, I knew as soon as he got off the turf it was broken, and knew it was a relatively serious injury… While I have a huge disdain for the team, you never wish an injury on a player, regardless of the team. I wish Rodgers a quick and full recovery… Same goes for Finley.

- Vikings fan.

14. filthymcnasty1 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:14 AM

On behalf of the entire Packer community, I would like the thank NFL fans from around the globe for their love and support during these difficult times. I am truly humbled by the tremendous outpouring of respect for greatness of Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers. I am sure the team will do their best to fulfill your lofty expectations.

And perhaps degenerate Viking fans can learn from the fine example set by the successful portion of the the NFL community.

15. kennyadler1 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:14 AM

Wow….the collectively sigh was fantasy owners throwing in the towel for the year….and Bears fans licking their chops!!!

16. doctorrustbelt says: Nov 6, 2013 11:16 AM

Rodgers said he has a history of recovering from injuries quickly.

This is no surprise given the company he keeps.

SEE: ryan braun

17. allday28mvpmvp says: Nov 6, 2013 11:16 AM

Watch the Vikings have a feast at Lambeau in a couple weeks.

18. ad2k13 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:16 AM

The Vikings are going to DESTROY the Packers at Lambeau in a few weeks.

19. anthonymtx says: Nov 6, 2013 11:17 AM

That’s their report?? Google? I forgot that everything on the internet is true

20. cjpackfan says: Nov 6, 2013 11:17 AM

4-6 weeks now….we’ll be lucky to win 2 games out of six……AR comes back to a 7-7 record…with the slightest of wild card hopes alive….TT and his draft and develop strategy that all the media types drool over have left us in a lurch…Harrell,Cunningham,Young,Wallace,Tolzein….all lauded by McChubby (the non QB guru) as improving,capable, yada yada yada…a colossal failure to get a back-up capable of winning a home game when you run the ball for 200 yards,recover an onside kick and block a punt and get only 17 points…unacceptable!

21. assuredmutualdestruction says: Nov 6, 2013 11:18 AM

Goodbye playoffs.

22. calicowboysfan86 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:18 AM

Ouch!

23. tigerpork says: Nov 6, 2013 11:19 AM

Hate to say it but…the season is over.

24. richcranium2112 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:19 AM

Heal thyself!

25. bubba9er says: Nov 6, 2013 11:19 AM

Former Boise Stater Shea McClellin had a great game! I was rooting for him being an Alum myself, but as an NFL fan, I hate to see guys get hurt. I know it shouldn’t matter who gets hurt on the human level, but it does matter.

For the non-Cheeseheads are the Packers more or less watchable without Aaron Rodgers? It’s not even close! The guy is a superstar, and now for (4-6) weeks the NFL is without one of its very best.

I’ve had broken collar bones, they suck. Best of luck on a speedy recovery Double Check!

26. gbmickey says: Nov 6, 2013 11:19 AM

Unless you know the severity and just how big the fracture is I think I would opt for the reports coming out of Green Bay and not some random guesstimate from people who really have no first hand knowledge. From McCarthy himself he said it is not as bad as first feared and he will be back sooner rather than later, this from a coach who always sits guys longer than normal erring on the side of caution.

27. vikesfan320 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:20 AM

Might be time to officially bury the hatchet with Brett Favre

28. timdavis697 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:21 AM

Wish him well as a fan of football as a bear fan. ….. well get well soon.

29. starderup says: Nov 6, 2013 11:22 AM

The Falcons just might have a chance now….

30. eastsideballa says: Nov 6, 2013 11:22 AM

Great, now when my Lions win the superbowl people will say oh its because Aaron Rodgers was hurt. I called it first so SHUTUP you cant use that excuse.

31. ocdn says: Nov 6, 2013 11:23 AM

As a Lions fan, I hope to see him recover ahead of time. He’s definitely a good QB and would keep the NFC North race interesting.

32. weepingjebus says: Nov 6, 2013 11:23 AM

Someone needs to check the grassy knoll for Bernard Pollard.

33. riverace19 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:24 AM

We haven’t heard of Mike Garafolo for a reason

34. kremis says: Nov 6, 2013 11:25 AM

on a related note the Pittsburgh Steelers stated they are expected to be irrelevant for 4-6 years however experts think it will be much much longer! 2-6 hahaha

35. calistos77 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:25 AM

Filtyhmcnasty

Whatever you fool. You constantly are your trash self. Erin is your team. Now, he is toast cuz lil baby cant handle it. Packers are done!

36. ctiggs says: Nov 6, 2013 11:27 AM

WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US? NOOOOOOOOOOOBODYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! #goNINERS.

37. artvan15 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:27 AM

I would like to know what Flynn did to piss off MM and TT when he left. They sure don’t seem to want any part of him.

38. ctiggs says: Nov 6, 2013 11:27 AM

WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US? NOOOOOOOOOOOBODYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! #goNINERS.

39. thepftpoet says: Nov 6, 2013 11:28 AM

While most people would look at this as a bad thing, look at it this way…

Now Aaron Rodgers gets to go on more picnics & movie dates with Ryan Braun

40. thepftpoet says: Nov 6, 2013 11:30 AM

I can hear Filthymcnasty1, Tokyosandblaster, Carl Gerbschmidt and Whatjusthapped all crying right now refusing to get out of their beds in their mothers basement

41. immafubared says: Nov 6, 2013 11:30 AM

Gee the irony. I thought pre draft, the Packers absolutely must understand, not just walk the walk, but talk the talk and get Rogers so O line help, first, and second round to protect the franchise.

He almost broke the record last year for number of sacks and I thought, this year lets protect him so he can at least throw the ball.

Unfortunately the genius they refer to as Ted, picked a guy in the first who is a bust, Lacy in the second who would have been their in the third round and just another overal piece of crap draft for the Packers again.

They got what they deserved. They played cheap ball and went with untested people and it killed their season. If he is out 8 games, they lose 8 games to go with the 3, they are done, put a fork in them.

42. pootytang66 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:30 AM

They could probably still beat my Vikes…even without Rodgers! Remember Brian Hoyer did it.

43. bearshaterseverywhere says: Nov 6, 2013 11:31 AM

Sounds pretty “hapless” ……..right Filthy and Tokyo!!!

A. Rodgers is stuck in GRILL CLASS!!!!!!!

44. Suck for the Duck says: Nov 6, 2013 11:31 AM

joshm5683 says:Nov 6, 2013 11:10 AM

_______

You mean because it’s fun to watch them get blown out in the divisional round?

45. gjdodger2 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:32 AM

eastsideballa says:
    Nov 6, 2013 11:22 AM

It’s OK, eastside (I’m also an eastsider). We can just say the Lions were on track to win the Super Bowl in 2010 when Julius Peppers maimed Stafford.

46. larryboodry says: Nov 6, 2013 11:32 AM

As a Bears fan, I hope Rodgers has a full and speedy recovery, and look forward to the Week 17 rematch at Soldier Field when Cutler and Rodgers duel it out.

As for the Pack vs. Vikings game in two weeks…I hope they tie. (That’s how hard it is for me to root for Minnie, even as I admit that a Vikes win helps my chosen team.)

47. wisconsinhillfolk says: Nov 6, 2013 11:33 AM

As a Lions fan…. I freaking hate it when a post starts out with that… I don’t give a damn who plays for the opposition. I want my team to win. A “W” against the Packers won’t count any less because Rodgers wasn’t on the field.

48. spanked13 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:34 AM

It was a small crack in the collarbone …. not a broken collarbone …. if you want to report things pay attention to what the diagnosis was instead of making things up

49. ctiggs says: Nov 6, 2013 11:34 AM

WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US? NOOOOOOOOOOOBODYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! #goNINERS.

50. gbmickey says: Nov 6, 2013 11:37 AM

The poor pathetic viking trolls finally come back after the disappearing act when the season was gone after the 5th week of the season to rejoice on an injury. Now the tough talk is back as well as the original usernames you used to begin the season, pretty pathetic fanbase as well as posters. No matter if the Packers dont win another game the vikings will finish last and Rodgers will continue the domination of your pathetic franchise for years to come. The talk from you guys is about as useless as what comes out of Jerry Jones mouth on a weekly basis, just go away. Your team is so sorry that you resort to rooting for injuries, no class.

51. coachjohnharbaugh says: Nov 6, 2013 11:37 AM

bahahaa #bum

season over.

52. habsfanatic says: Nov 6, 2013 11:40 AM

Whether a crack or a clean break, collarbone injuries are very easy to reinjure. Rodgers would be wise to heal up properly and not rush back too quickly because every defensive player is going to test that shoulder once he’s back.

53. faultylogic29 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:41 AM

I find it interesting that people say this will test Ted Thompson’s way of building a team with depth. Yes, a great QB does hide other deficiencies, but that’s missing a lot of other factors here.

First of all, his system is the reason we picked Rodgers and developed him in the first place.

Second, people seem to forget that we’ve been without our second best player, as well as a significant number of other important players (drafted and developed under TT’s system) for a good portion of the season already. It’s already been tested.

You can take a QB of Rodgers caliber off any team and it will have a huge effect regardless. You build a team around the QB when you have a great one. It would be stupid not to. So it’s going to hurt if he goes out. The only thing you can argue is that the Packers could not develop a capable backup this time around. They tried and failed.

If the Packers can win one or two while Rodgers is out we’re still alive, but as much as I hate to admit it, the playoffs are definitely not a sure thing anymore.

54. purpwalk says: Nov 6, 2013 11:44 AM

oh no! this is as bad as when the germans bombed pearl harbor! if he can’t play, GB fans will have to go back to watching the grass grow, next spring, or whenever that starts again

55. contra74 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:45 AM

Oh man, thats terrible news. Who is your backup?

56. purpleguy says: Nov 6, 2013 11:45 AM

Lets not get carried away on the Vikings/Pack game at Lambeau Viking fans — with a 1-7 team how about we worry less about the tweaking the cheeser trolls and just settle for a competitive game?

57. kingpel says: Nov 6, 2013 11:47 AM

I think will help the Packers in the long run. They have fallen in love with the pass and rely on Rodgers too heavily. Now they will have to run a more balanced offense and watch how the defense improves as a result. These next few weeks will lay the foundation for a future championship.

58. contra74 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:48 AM

filthymcnasty1 says:
    Nov 6, 2013 11:14 AM

—-
    LOL – at the time I read this there are 10 thumbs up and 70 thumbs down. What support from the rest of the NFL community are you talking about?

59. obsessedvikingfan says: Nov 6, 2013 11:50 AM

I know my team sucks. You don’t have to remind me. Part of me wouldn’t know what to do if we won the big one. It is just who the true Viking fans are.

I hate the Packers. If I said I didn’t, I would be lying. But watching them lose is more fun when it was Favre and now Rodgers.

I still think they will beat my Vikings in a few weeks. Any true Viking fan hasn’t watched our defense if they think otherwise.

And Filthymcnasty, you always talk about classless Minnesota fans. Look in the mirror. You will see the most classless NFL fan there is.

Get well Rodgers, I dislike you but you are fun to watch and I love it when you lead the Packers to a loss. Senaca just doesn’t cut it.

60. purplehaze28 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:50 AM

You would have thought his collarbone would be stronger, from him slinging a purse over it all these years!

61. cursedvikings1998 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:54 AM

Wouldn’t it be a kick in the pants if Detroit took the division? Wow.

62. jumbomesquite says: Nov 6, 2013 11:54 AM

wisconsinhillfolk says: Nov 6, 2013 11:33 AM

——

Sorry my friend, but as Lions fans our wins always come with disclaimers. Two years ago we didn’t “win” a playoff spot, we got it because Culter and Forte got hurt. In 2010, we didn’t “beat” the Packers 7-3 because we were better, it was because “Aaron Rodgers got hurt” (even though they played 50% of the game with their number one guy and 50% of the game with their second stringer, while we played 100% of the game with our third stringer, Stanton). Until we win the superbowl (or the zombie apocalypse wipes out historical records of our 0-16 season), we won’t be given credit for anything. If we win the North this year, it will because “Rodgers and Culter got hurt.”

63. jrmbadger says: Nov 6, 2013 11:56 AM

why are people SO dense?

#1.) Give Seneca a chance. He didn’t have much time to prepare for that game.

#2.) Good QB’s that can win games are not falling from the sky much less holding clipboards as a backup (they are starters). This is evidenced by the high number of teams without adequate starting Quarterbacks (Minnesota, Tampa, etc…). Not only that, but are you gonna pay a backup millions a year just to hold a clipboard?

#3.) The Pack is not going to sign Flyn. It would have happened already. The scuttlebut out of Green Bay is that the Packers suspect he has an injured arm.

#4.) WRT to Aaron’s injury, the other posters appear correct that it sounds more like a crack based on what I’ve heard rather than a complete break. Thus, the healing time may be shorter. This 4-6 weeks is all speculation (as is 3 weeks to be honest).

I do agree though that taking the divison is gonna be rough. If the Packers get in the playoffs it’ll be as a wildcard, which suits us just fine (see 2010).

Oh and Bears fans – you beat a Seneca wallace led team BY ONLY 7 POINTS. Not exactly something to crow too loudly about.

64. mylionsroaring says: Nov 6, 2013 11:57 AM

Lions fan here, and believe it or not I would prefer to play the Packers healthy. If you can’t beat them healthy you wont win in the playoffs so what does it matter.That said if the Thanksgiving game comes and it’s a close call about if he should go or not, he should sit it out. The best thing about it is that it’s a Thursday game which means he has ten days from that game to make sure he is healthy. If you go 1-3 up through the Thanksgiving game, and then have a healthy Rodgers the rest of the year and can go 4-0 you finish 10-6 and likely make the playoffs. If you go 1-3 through the Thanksgiving game and lose him for the rest of the season you will likely be 1-4 the last four to go 7-9 and miss the playoffs. Better safe than sorry IMHO

GO LIONS!!!

P.S. Get well so Rodgers!!!

65. purpwalk says: Nov 6, 2013 11:58 AM

ryan braun is distancing himself from shaaron rodgers

66. johngaltwho says: Nov 6, 2013 12:03 PM

What a shame. One of the best teams in the league may very well be on the outside looking in when the playoffs start. But thats as it goes some times. Has happened to lots of teams over the years. Hopefully they can stay relevant with backups and give the team a chance to make a run at the end. The good news is that they are still in the NFC North. The Bears have no defense, the Lions no discipline and the Vikings no hope so just maybe…

67. ruvelligwebuike says: Nov 6, 2013 12:09 PM

I am making 3 predications:

1. Rodgers is out 4 weeks and the Packers go 2-2 during that stretch, including a loss at Detroit.

2. Rodgers, Matthews, Perry and Cobb all return for the Packers to run the table the remaining 4 games. 11-5 and win the division.

3. Minnesota becomes a flat, barren wasteland filled with dull, lifeless, arrogant snobs, who have never traveled farther than 5 miles from their home and the Vikings finish in the basement of the North. Actually, this is already true.

68. calistos77 says: Nov 6, 2013 12:10 PM

filthymcnasty1 says:
    Nov 6, 2013 11:14 AM

___________________________________________

THis guy is nothing but a punk. A punk. Did daddy whip you too hard??? Huh? Huh?

69. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Nov 6, 2013 12:13 PM

Suck for the Duck says:Nov 6, 2013 11:08 AM

—–

Are we supposed to apologize for having great QBs for the past 20 years? It’s the NFL, the QB is kind of an important position. Here’s what you need to do — when your current QB is getting ready to retire in the next 3-5 years, you should think about drafting and developing a new one. Not exactly sure why your squad can’t figure that out…

70. sdemp says: Nov 6, 2013 12:15 PM

Can’t help your team, if you can’t play. . . just saying.

71. larryboodry says: Nov 6, 2013 12:17 PM

@jrmbadger:

Who’s crowing? Our backup QB beat your backup QB, and our banged-up defense outplayed your banged-up defense.

That said, I’d rather be celebrating a victory than moaning over a loss and telling fans of the winning team how they should act. A win is a win, whether by 7 points or 40.

72. valhallarising says: Nov 6, 2013 12:19 PM

jumbomesquite says: Nov 6, 2013 11:54 AM

“If we win the North this year, it will because ‘Rodgers and Culter got hurt.’”

…and because Ponder had a slow start…

73. belleby123 says: Nov 6, 2013 12:21 PM

Dollars to donuts says his buddy Ryan Braun getting to heal faster.

74. purpwalk says: Nov 6, 2013 12:21 PM

the wisconsin dells is now open for ‘Diversion Sundays’ and offering free grief counseling. packers trolls have jammed the reservation lines

75. timdavis697 says: Nov 6, 2013 12:22 PM

Hostile environment a w is w you idiot

76. contra74 says: Nov 6, 2013 12:24 PM

jrmbadger says:
    Nov 6, 2013 11:56 AM
    why are people SO dense?

#1.) Give Seneca a chance. He didn’t have much time to prepare for that game.
    —-
    You gotta be kidding me right? Seneca has been practicing with the team since Week 1. Each week both first string and second string (Seneca) get reps in practice. Yea, first string gets more reps but second string gets enough reps to know what is going on in case they are needed in the game.

Whats your next excuse!?

77. mnmark says: Nov 6, 2013 12:25 PM

Best of luck for a good recovery for Rodgers. All three of our Viking QB’s were expected to perform at a high level and I would think that this is what any team expects of their current roster. No excuses for any team with a backup QB. You are afterall considered a “PRO NFL” athelete!

78. mcastill says: Nov 6, 2013 12:27 PM

@filthymcnasty1 – Why is it that most Packer fans on this board always have to bash the Vikes?

79. isphet71 says: Nov 6, 2013 12:29 PM

Tough break for Green Bay, but never underestimate the Bears’ and Lions’ abilities to squander a good opportunity.

-A Lions fan.

80. oldstylelover says: Nov 6, 2013 12:34 PM

filthymcnasty1 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:14 AM

Dude, I’m a Packers fan and you don’t speak for me. Injuries happen, the Packers are still a good team, and they will remain competitive. As for “degenerate Vikings fans,” you’re no better. Class acts and jerks make up any team’s fan base just like the rest of society. By insulting other fans, you’re making the rest of us look bad.

81. lbpackfan says: Nov 6, 2013 12:35 PM

These are the same trolls chirping when Rodgers got concussed week 14 in 2010.

Will be tough with Seneca but game on.

Contra – how is 1-7 feeling? I see your season has been limited quickly to cheering against the Packers. Poor guy.

82. contra74 says: Nov 6, 2013 12:41 PM

lbpackfan says:
    Nov 6, 2013 12:35 PM
    These are the same trolls chirping when Rodgers got concussed week 14 in 2010.

Will be tough with Seneca but game on.

The record is what it is and it sucks. Silver lining is that we have a shot at a high draft pick to hopefully secure a top 3 QB. Unfortunately, the Vikings might even screw that up as well by drafting a WR. Bottom line, I’m a loyal fan throughout the ups and downs.

83. phillysports1 says: Nov 6, 2013 12:43 PM

Eagles- playing packers without Rodgers
    Redskins – playing Vikings at the dome ( Minnesota been playing well last 2 weeks )
    Cowboys – play Sunday night at saints .

84. purpwalk says: Nov 6, 2013 12:45 PM

Report: Vikings vow not to be deterred

Greg Jennings assures reporters that vikings will persevere to lose all remaining games, including the Wallace-led Packers game, in an effort to secure a top draft position. Jennings was quoted as saying, “We’re not stupid, we’re gonna tank for Teddy, obviously.”

85. lbpackfan says: Nov 6, 2013 12:47 PM

contra74 says:
    Nov 6, 2013 12:41 PM
    lbpackfan says:
    Nov 6, 2013 12:35 PM
    These are the same trolls chirping when Rodgers got concussed week 14 in 2010.

Will be tough with Seneca but game on.

——————————–

Very fair…that’s good to hear, contra. Loyalty whether 1-7 or 7-1 is awesome. Same for me…Rodgers or Seneca…although I’d prefer Rodgers :)

Go Pack

86. kansacity88 says: Nov 6, 2013 12:47 PM

jrmbadger says:
    Nov 6, 2013 11:56 AM

——

Dont give me that crap. Who cares? A win is a win! If you REALLY wanna look at it that way? You all lost to a Bears squad with ITS OWN 2nd stringer, two missing DTs (one a PB player) a missing LB (also a PBer). You all had the BETTER defense against the run and what happened? Yeah you all had missing PBers to on defense. The way I see it (and most see it) these teams were even! A loss is a loss…..stop trying to sugar coat that crap. You still lost. The Bears beat a GB team with a 2nd string QB and a HORRIBLE run defense!!! Try again, dude!

87. dontcensormebro says: Nov 6, 2013 12:50 PM

Shea McClellin: Hey Rodgers! Discount double CRUNCH!!!

88. pooflingingmonkey says: Nov 6, 2013 12:51 PM

How quaint it is to see Minnesota fans commenting in this thread, as if the Vikings were somehow relevant at 1-7.

89. cunningben says: Nov 6, 2013 12:55 PM

Packers are done. No chance.

90. contra74 says: Nov 6, 2013 12:55 PM

lbpackfan says:
    Nov 6, 2013 12:47 PM
    contra74 says:
    Nov 6, 2013 12:41 PM
    lbpackfan says:
    Nov 6, 2013 12:35 PM
    These are the same trolls chirping when Rodgers got concussed week 14 in 2010.

Will be tough with Seneca but game on.

——————————–

Go Pack
    —-
    Well good, see, true fans can agree on the same principles of being a fan regardless of what team they cheer for.

91. duece5 says: Nov 6, 2013 12:57 PM

filthymcnasty1 says: Nov 6, 2013 11:14 AM

duece5 says:

Filthy, your smugness is the main reason that Bears, Lions, and Vikings fans, not to boot-most NFC teams dislike “fans” like yourself.

Trust the NFL fans, they could care less about gbay…..in fact most have posted keen remarks to the ineptitude of your management to not protect Rodgers with the patchwork oline they put together, but also the unbelievable acquisition of the year in Seneca Wallace.

Epic FAIL!!!!!!

Go Seneca GO!!!!!!! :)

92. tokyosandblaster says: Nov 6, 2013 12:57 PM

allday28mvpmvp says:
    Nov 6, 2013 11:16 AM
    Watch the Vikings have a feast at Lambeau in a couple weeks.

With that second tier running game?

The Packers could literally snap it to Lacy every play and still beat the Vikings.

The Packers can play defense.

93. chiadam says: Nov 6, 2013 1:03 PM

OHMYGAWD!! IS IT…..THAT’S SENECA WALLACE’S THEME MUSIC!!

94. duece5 says: Nov 6, 2013 1:07 PM

gbmickey says: Nov 6, 2013 11:19 AM

duece5 says:

Well, if you go by that, they gave NO TIMETABLE.

That should make you fell warm and fuzzy!

Doctors throughout say anywhere between 4-8 weeks, depending on the break.

So yep, 4-6 weeks is about right.

Never knew McCarthy was a doctor?

95. GenXJay says: Nov 6, 2013 1:11 PM

if ShAaron’s return results in widening the “crack,” gb trolls will be jealous of the Vikes draft day.

96. packersarethebest says: Nov 6, 2013 1:19 PM

Pains me to say this, but unless the Packers pick up Flynn (and even then it’s not guaranteed), our season is done. And despite McCarthy’s proclamations of faith is Seneca Wallace, I’m sure 99.9% of Packers fans do not feel that way!

97. immafubared says: Nov 6, 2013 1:27 PM

I got Rogers going on IR the rests of the season if, the packers lose the next four games. That’s 7 loses and the season is gone so why bring him back in some useless cleanup role. Might as well go for the low round draft picks and this time ted, lets concentrate to two top O linemen.

98. Suck for the Duck says: Nov 6, 2013 1:32 PM

Carl Gerbschmidt says:Nov 6, 2013 12:13 PM

Suck for the Duck says:Nov 6, 2013 11:08 AM

—–

______

Maybe if Rodgers had two torn ACLs rather than a broken collarbone, you would understand why the Vikings weren’t prepared when Daunte Culpepper went down. Also, I guess we didn’t have the foresight to be in need of a quarterback the one time in history that a quarterback projected to go #1 overall dropped to #24.

99. cadan24 says: Nov 6, 2013 1:36 PM

He just needs to put his deer antler spray on his shoulder and he should be good to go in two weeks

100. gpack22 says: Nov 6, 2013 1:41 PM

No way Aaron misses any more than 4 games and if I had to bet he’ll be there on Thanksgiving vs Detroit.

As for Seneca I’m not overly worried. If McCarthy can make a noodle armed Flynn productive he can do just that will Seneca, who actually has a better skill set. Short routes and let the playmakers do their thing. A full week of 1st team reps and a game plan around what he can do will be vastly different outcome.

After this weekend the Lions or Bears will be looking up at the Pack in the standings.

101. shlort says: Nov 6, 2013 1:42 PM

Lots of people hate GB. It is common to have fans of terrible teams hate the good teams. It is jealousy. I guess I’d hate the Bears, Vikings and Lions if they won a lot and blew out my team most the time. It has to get old watching Green Bay pound the hell out of your teams. You all have my sympathy.

102. ddjesus says: Nov 6, 2013 1:51 PM

Relax, haters. Rodgers will be back in December, we’re still looking at a 10-6 record, at least a wildcard spot. There is still a ton of talent on this team, or did you not see the Packers run for 200 yards Monday night?

103. shlort says: Nov 6, 2013 1:53 PM

Suck for the Duck says:Nov 6, 2013 1:32 PM

Carl Gerbschmidt says:Nov 6, 2013 12:13 PM

Suck for the Duck says:Nov 6, 2013 11:08 AM

—–

______

______________________________

Hey, Man… Lets just be realistic for a minute and realize that GB made good choices at the QB position when it counted. They let Rodgers learn the pro game from the side lines. Lots of first rounders get put in the games right away and end up not being able to adapt and never recover. Guys like Brady Quinn, David Carr and others would be top notch NFL QBs today if the teams that drafted them didn’t ruin them right away.

Bottom line is that a lot of NFL teams management are idiots. Player developement is a key in the success of great teams. It is all there for anyone to see. The better a team is, the better they use a draft and devlope technique to get there. Teams that bring in superstars and guys considered to be playmakers in the hopes of winning it all right now… well.. they never win it all right now. Gotta develope the team from the bottom up. Green Bay is a perfect example of that. Don’t hate them for it, just hope your team is smart enough to do it. The league would be way different if guys were on the team because of how they play for the team, and not for themselves. The really good teams don’t have a bunch of “ME, ME, ME” guys on them.

104. shlort says: Nov 6, 2013 1:57 PM

duece5 says:Nov 6, 2013 1:07 PM

gbmickey says: Nov 6, 2013 11:19 AM

duece5 says:

Well, if you go by that, they gave NO TIMETABLE.

That should make you fell warm and fuzzy!

Doctors throughout say anywhere between 4-8 weeks, depending on the break.

So yep, 4-6 weeks is about right.

Never knew McCarthy was a doctor?
    _____________________________

The reports I have seen is there is a crack in the bone. It is not broken to the point of separation. It is probably a 3 or 4 week heal time. If it were snapped in 2 pieces, Rodgers would have had surgury to repair it and get back on the field faster.

105. urcrap says: Nov 6, 2013 2:07 PM

Not sure what’s worse. Your season goes in the tank because your franchise QB is hurt (Rodgers) or is in the tank because your franchise QB isn’t hurt (Ponder). Such a quandary.

106. filthymcnasty1 says: Nov 6, 2013 2:08 PM

We are witnessing a tremendous outpouring of love and respect for Rodgers and the Packers. It is truly humbling. The media is treating this like a national tragedy. Fans of successful teams everywhere are sending along their get well wishes. If that doesn’t restore your faith in humanity, nothing will. What a great day to be a Packer fan.

Thank you to all you wonderful people, and hopefully your actions will inspire a few degenerate Viking fans to pull themselves out the gutter.

107. judsonjr says: Nov 6, 2013 2:13 PM

All I can say is that the Defense is going to need to force some turnovers and hold teams to FG instead of TDs.

If the Packers can squeeze a win or two out it is probably going to be ugly 17-13 type games.

108. itmustbejj says: Nov 6, 2013 2:41 PM

“While NFL players often display the ability to heal faster than non-athletes”

I think you mean faster than people without access to HGH, stem cells, Deer Antler Spray, and whatever other juju they are using.

109. duece5 says: Nov 6, 2013 2:45 PM

cjpackfan says: Nov 6, 2013 11:17 AM

duece5 says:

Wow….

1. An Onside kick recovered
    2 Blocked punt
    3. 200 yards team rushing
    4. At HOME
    5. Opposing team backup qb

AND YOU LOSE??!!

Holy crap, you guys are now officially worse than the Vikes!!!!

And you think you will win 2 games by the time Rodgers comes back????!!!!

No way, my guess is you lose them ALL.

This is getting better everyday!!!!

110. sbc85 says: Nov 6, 2013 3:00 PM

Marques Colston broke his collarbone in 2011 and was only out for three games, but he was pretty limited his first week back, and obviously the quarterback will need to be better than limited before he’s ready to return. Four weeks at least seems reasonable to be expected.

111. douglasgreenbriar says: Nov 6, 2013 3:24 PM

Hopefully nobody misses the real issue here,

Hits to the body/head/legs of a quarterback should be made illegal and all defensive players that even demonstrate the intent to hit the body/head/legs of the quarterback should be fined.

112. deltaoracle says: Nov 6, 2013 3:35 PM

Gee I thought all those Purple people had decided to watch the Wild or go to the ballet or had maybe just fallen off the edge of their flat little world. But here they come again. If they can’t have that cherry World Championship they’ll at least show up to laugh about the Pack maybe not getting their 14th. What a group.
    GB would be insane to try to have Rodgers come back on or before Thanksgiving. The game after that is the best that can be reasonably expected.
    Don’t know if Thompson is a genius, but he and McCarthy sure know football. Show me another team that’s down eight starters and one of the best QBs in the game and is tied for first place.
    …still waiting…

113. contra74 says: Nov 6, 2013 3:57 PM

deltaoracle says:
    Nov 6, 2013 3:35 PM
    …still waiting…
    —-
    No other team has a terrible training staff so no there arent other teams that we can compare the packers to. Furthermore, you wont be tied for first in a division for long as you have a bunch of losses coming your way shortly. Enjoy the next couple of weeks.

114. Frazier28/7 says: Nov 6, 2013 4:04 PM

Those injuries don’t linger do they?

The last thing you’d want to do is start Rodgers against that front 4 of Detroit with a healing/broken collarbone.

115. deltaoracle says: Nov 6, 2013 4:16 PM

I’m sure the GB training staff is reading up on how to prevent broken feet, thumbs, shins, and collarbones.
    Thanks for the good wishes Contra. I hope you enjoy the weeks leading up to the Holidays as well.

116. bigjim50010 says: Nov 6, 2013 4:19 PM

duece5 says:
    Nov 6, 2013 11:11 AM
    As Bill Murray stated in the movie STRIPES:

“…..and then depression set in.”

Sorry pack fans……there is no “next man up.”

This will reak of an 7-9 type year when the dust settles.

TT the genius, he is NOT.

Epic fail to not have at least a suitable backup to Erin.

TT should have taken Spielman’s lead, at least he got Cassel.

Gbay fans would take Cassel in a heartbeat to try to win a few games no doubt.
    *******************************************
    This is the delusion when 1-7 occurs. Constant bombardment of the slogan 50 years of Greatness has brain washed you. Plus you probably moved from S St Paul to Landfall MN

117. taintedsaints2009 says: Nov 6, 2013 4:32 PM

rodgers with a broken collar bone on the throwing shoulder could throw further and more accurate than ponder on a good day

118. asublimeday says: Nov 6, 2013 4:35 PM

Bears should have a foothold in the division by then. Just in time for the packers to deliver the lions a loss and cement us as division leaders. I love it.

119. filthymcnasty1 says: Nov 6, 2013 4:47 PM

I am still in awe of the phenomenal level of support that Rodgers and the Packers are receiving from NFL fans of all teams (except one). Your outpouring of love and respect is truly appreciated. Rodgers and the Packers truly do transcend the NFL and sports itself. You people are amazing.

Perhaps a few of these degenerate Viking fans will be inspired by your good example.

120. hor2012 says: Nov 6, 2013 5:08 PM

I think what they do depends on what the Lions do in the meantime. If the Lions run the table I think you might look at maybe sitting Aaron for the rest of the year. This is the reason I say that. You have to figure the Seahawks and Niners are in. Even if the Panther’s should catch the Saints you have to figure the saints will get to 10 or 11 wins. The divison winner in the NFC east takes another spot. That leaves possibly only one spot. If the Lions are two to three games out of first depending on how the lions are playing the pack may just decide the shut AR down for the year and get ready for next year.

121. hor2012 says: Nov 6, 2013 5:21 PM

I meant to say of the packers are 2 to 3 games out they may decided to shut AR down for the year

122. tokyosandblaster says: Nov 6, 2013 5:38 PM

I don’t know why Vikes fans are so happy. If the Packers miss the playoffs, they’ll have a top 20 pick in each round.

They’d be adding top tier weapons on offense and defense, adding to what was clearly a top 5 team already.

The division would be dominated even more than it has been in the last 4 years.

We are talking 4 or 5 Super Bowls

And you want that?

I guess you secretly are all packers fans.

123. muskyhunter2542 says: Nov 6, 2013 6:40 PM

I hate to say this but I believe the season is over for the Green Bay Packers. It’s going to take 11 wins to get into the playoffs you’re not winning the division. I don’t see any chance of the making the playoffs if Aaron Rodgers misses the next 4 games .

124. voidhelix says: Nov 6, 2013 10:49 PM

4-6…Dallas play GB five weeks from now. Still I feel that they`ll be cautious with the injury. I think he`s out the full 6.

125. immafubared says: Nov 7, 2013 11:01 AM

I have him missing at least the all important next four weeks, with loses, the team is 5-7 and out of the playoffs. At that point they IR the guy for the season.
    Why put him in in a lost cause situation to risk getting hurt. Oh, I forgot, its the Packer brain trusts. Ya they will and he will get reinjured for sure.

126. coachdadguy says: Nov 7, 2013 2:52 PM

My high school level son just returned to playing sports after being cleared to play 7 weeks after the exact same injury of a 3/4 break of his collar bone. At 6 weeks the bone was healed and the orthopedic specialist told him to wait a week still before returning to normal sports related activity.

He he played in his first game since the injury the Sunday before this happened to Rodgers. After his first shot to the shoulder he suddenly realized how important the rest of his rehab was going to be going forward.

Rodgers will probably play in 4 weeks but I guarantee he will do what he can to not get hit in his non-throwing shoulder.

127. packerbacker12 says: Nov 7, 2013 6:11 PM

“The Bears beat a GB team with a 2nd string QB and a HORRIBLE run defense!!! Try again, dude!”

Horrible run defense? They may of played horrible on Monday but the Packers run defense happens to be ranked in the top 5 so far this season. Get your facts straight, pal.

I see your a Chiefs fan too. I love how all of you talk tough just because the Chiefs are doing good this season but none of you were nowhere to be found last season.

128. pressytodd says: Nov 8, 2013 12:08 AM

As a long time packer fan (73) on , the injury to aaron well it finaly happend and all bs aside , the way favre played in gb, one year with a loosing record. Then we have aaron, too think he is as good as favre , was, is , should be a joke, and it`s not. If the packers miss the playoffs it`s ok . After winning with all the injures this year so farr and udfa`s starting. A top 20 draft is a very good thing in the long run.

129. mrba4775 says: Nov 9, 2013 12:27 AM

Here comes Matt Flynn to the rescue as the Packers re-sign the former Packer to eventually start for the Packers until Rodgers is healthy, plus Flynn knows the system better than wallace.