Frustrated Stevie Johnson may miss time with groin injury

stevie AP

Bills receiver Stevie Johnson wasn’t feeling good — physically or emotionally — after Sunday’s loss to the Steelers.

I’m just frustrated,” Johnson told the team’s website after the game. “I’m not discouraged by anybody on the team. It is a loss. It’s very frustrating. My frustration level is a 10. When you’re losing games nobody should be happy.”

Johnson said it doesn’t matter if it’s EJ Manuel, Jeff Tuel or Thad Lewis at quarterback, the whole offense needs to play better.

“It doesn’t matter who is at the helm,” he said. ”We have got to be able to come together as a team. It’s not on one person or a couple players. This is a team game. We need to figure it out. We moved the ball but not enough. This is a step back because we got the loss. We are another week behind.”

Johnson left Sunday’s game early with a groin injury and said he isn’t sure if he’ll be healthy enough to play this week against the Jets.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Home, Rumor Mill
15 Responses to “Frustrated Stevie Johnson may miss time with groin injury”
  1. kperagine says: Nov 11, 2013 10:51 AM

Music to a jets fans ears. This guy kills us.

2. wwwmattcom says: Nov 11, 2013 10:57 AM

Lets get some professional soccer in Buffalo. It would be the first time in a long time that there was any kind of futbol.

3. remyje says: Nov 11, 2013 10:59 AM

Best 3 win team in the league….right?

4. zonedogz says: Nov 11, 2013 11:05 AM

Over-rated as a #1 WR. He was targeted 10 times and caught 3 for 48 yds. If sitting out helps him catch better then by all means sit out.

5. rationalthinker82 says: Nov 11, 2013 11:11 AM

Terrible game. But this is also a rookie who hasnt played in a month and had only played in 4.5 games so far. Yes they looked bad. But look at the other rookie Geno Smith. He’s looked very good at times (wins over NE, Nola, Atl) and then looked absolutely miserable (losses to TN, Pitt, Cinci).

THe bills are a young team and they played like it yesterday. Bills fans stop acting like its the end of the world. Steelers fans stop acting like your so much better, becase you were better yesterday but if the two teams played in Buffalo next week the results could be completely reversed.

The fact is it was a game between two teams whose realistic focus is on improving and building what they have for next year.

6. bobzilla1001 says: Nov 11, 2013 11:34 AM

Two of the Steelers’ three wins this season have been against the Jets and Bills. Both were easy, uneventful victories. If the Steelers were in the AFC East, they’d be that division’s second-best team. It’s not wonder the Patriots own that division season after season, after season, after season…

7. wwwmattcom says: Nov 11, 2013 12:20 PM

Can Bills fans get some billboards going calling for a boycott.

8. rationalthinker82 says: Nov 11, 2013 12:26 PM

bobzilla1001 says:
    Nov 11, 2013 11:34 AM

………………………….
    Typical Steelers troll living off past success to talk trash.

The Steelers handled the Jets and Bills, sure. The Steelers also lost to the Vikings. And Oakland. And were thrashed by the Pats. The same Pats who the Jets beat and Bills should have beat. The Jets were trashed by Cinci, but Cinci lost to Miami and barely escaped with a W over a 3rd string Buffalo QB.

What’s it all mean? Absolutely nothing. Like I said, Pitt and Buffalo are average teams, nothing more nothing less. Any given Sunday. Both would be in the exact same position theyre currently in if they swapped divions, so stop pretending otherwise. The AFCNorth is as overrated and mediocre as they come this year (aside from NFC East).

9. slick50ks says: Nov 11, 2013 12:44 PM

Coach in over his head, lack of young real talent, overrated FA’s.

The future doesn’t look very bright up north.

10. rabidbillsfan says: Nov 11, 2013 2:13 PM

Stevie has a right to be frustrated, either the QB thats in the game doesn’t look his way, or the one that is misses him more times than not. I’m sorry, but this Franchise needs to take a real long and hard look at some QB’s that may fall to them in the 2nd or 3rd round. You are going to have a draft class full of guys who are either winners, proven competitors, or just flat out Ballers. Bridgewater and Mariota are going to be top-tier guys, with Manziel if he comes out, but the guys the Bills need to be targeting are any of the 3 lower-profile SEC signal callers in Mettenberger, McCarron, or Murray. I don’t see it from EJ. I rarely ever say to pack it in on a rookie so early in his career, but his accuracy issues are not mechanics related, which means they probably can’t be fixed. I was a huge supporter of EJ, I thought for sure he was going to out duel Geno. Geno’s problems stem from poor decision making and being a rookie. EJ has yet to show any sort of confidence in throwing the ball deep (neither has the coaching staff), he misses targets with a clean pocket, and he also makes bad decisions. This team is stacked right now and primed to push for the post-season, they need a QB to lead them there. I am not sold on EJ at all. Wasting another high pick on a QB is dumb IMO, but if you can snag one of the 3 guys I mentioned in the 2nd-3rd, you almost have to. I really hope somebody out there agrees with me, it was painful to say the Bills blew it on a 1st round QB again, but it’s not all bad. The rest of the draft class was an “A”, and the Bills needed to get this whole team turned around, QB or not.

11. rabidbillsfan says: Nov 11, 2013 2:15 PM

I would also like to clarify that a bit… not only should the Bills do this in case EJ doesn’t improve, they also need a viable back-up that can come in a string together victories as well. I’m not saying EJ can’t get better, but it would be like not carrying collision on a Ferrari.

12. nyjetsfan08 says: Nov 11, 2013 2:27 PM

I hope he’s out for this game against the Jets. I could easily see a loss for the other G men (green) with Johnson in the lineup.

13. bbillsfan01 says: Nov 11, 2013 3:07 PM

I’d be frustrated too since he hasn’t had a decent QB in all the years, including this, as a Bill.
    The 1st Rd drafted QB was far worse than the two they pulled off the scrap pile.
    Try again next April, thanks for playing…

14. bobzilla1001 says: Nov 11, 2013 4:34 PM

rationalthinker:
    There’s nothing “average” about either the Steelers or the Bills. They both stink. The Bills stink worse.

15. billsboy88 says: Nov 11, 2013 6:12 PM

After watching every snap EJ has played as an NFL qb, I have yet to see him make a single throw that made me feel like he had what it takes to be a top NFL QB. I used to see it all the time from Geno Smith in college, and I’ve seen it from him already in the pros as well.

I know it’s too early to say if EJ is a bust or not, but so far he has given me very little reason to have high hopes.