Glazer explains Incognito interview

incognitoglazer

For those of you who missed Monday’s PFT Live, there was an unexpected guest.  And he said plenty of interesting things about the biggest current topic in the NFL.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports joined PFT Live on the shortest notice in show history.  Basically, we were having trouble connecting with Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, so I grabbed my cell phone device and started looking through the contacts and stopped on the letter J.

The finalists for the emergency appearance were Jay Glazer and my wife, Jill.  I broke the tie by going with the person who recently interviewed Richie Incognito.

(And of course we then managed to get a connection with Charean, but she graciously agreed to wait 10 or 15 minutes for her visit.)

A 10-minute piece of the Incognito interview has been posted online by FOX.  You can watch that, then you can watch Glazer addressing questions like whether he believed Incognito and how Incognito responded to the question of whether anyone with the team asked Incognito to “toughen up” Jonathan Martin.

Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill
9 Responses to “Glazer explains Incognito interview”
  1. spd4r8trs says: Nov 12, 2013 9:43 AM

You alphabetize your contacts by their first name???

2. doctorrustbelt says: Nov 12, 2013 10:09 AM

richie incognito doesn’t want to answer the question (about code red) because if he answers it honestly (there was no code red)…. it indicts ONLY HIM for the behavior.

richie’s hemin’ and hawin’ over the question is richie knowing he is guilty and attempting to appear innocent by making a statement that causes speculation of other team members involvement (without lying and fingering innocent teammates/staff).

3. Wisconsin77 says: Nov 12, 2013 10:22 AM

You mean he explained his PR sham puff piece for his friend? It’s already been proven that the “death threat” that Incognito claims he got from Martin was a lie. It was actually a Meme that he sent out to a bunch of people as a joke, Ingonito was just on the distro.

4. clavette says: Nov 12, 2013 10:40 AM

good convo with glazer. i personally think hes the best insider in the nfl and i wish he was on more

5. dt58 says: Nov 12, 2013 10:53 AM

So, it’s ok to threaten someone as long as it’s in a meme?

6. thestrategyexpert says: Nov 12, 2013 11:45 AM

I’d just like to offer to Richie to sit down for an interview with me and my questions, and not his buddy Jay who did nothing to uncover the truth or ANY interesting facts. This was not an investigative TV session and a one-sided show designed to let Incognito say a few key lines to support his position and apply pressure to the Dolphins to give him a better resolution. I thought it was disgusting and appalling that Fox allowed Glazer to turn this interview in without getting something more. Seems like they played everybody for fools to me.

7. nyjetsfan08 says: Nov 12, 2013 12:52 PM

Boomer and Carton were on commercial and I reluctantly changed the dial to Mike & Mike (Golic is fine, but the other one needs to go not today, not yesterday, but since the show started). Glazer was on and mentioned Fox Football Daily and Fox Sports 1 a few times in almost uncomfortable fashion. I would’ve loved to see their facial expressions, after Glazer shamelessly plugs ESPN’s competing freshman sports network.

After the phone call, they announce there’s much to discuss there after the break. I had to hear this. They come back and the never discuss it. The FIRST thing they mention is a Schefter “scoop” on Martin talking to the investigator. I mean, wow. You can tell ESPN and Schefensen didn’t like that they got their tails between their legs, that Glazer had an exclusive with Incognito. I know PFT talked to Glazer, too, but I just love it when ESPN gets showed up. That’s why they talked about Schefter after the break, too. Has ESPN or Schefensen ever gave credit to Glazer for breaking a story or admit they got something wrong?

I know Glazer is a bit of a meat head, but that’s why the players and coaches respect him, because he doesn’t act like the typical reporter. Schefensen is so paranoid about being first and ahead of Glazer, who always breaks stories, that they get things wrong. But it’s okay to admit they are second best. Everyone knows it.

8. nyjetsfan08 says: Nov 12, 2013 12:56 PM

(My comment never posted. PFT, please fix the commenting system.)

One other thing Glazer did on their show was shout out how he broke the Incognito story. I like how he rubbed that in, that he beat ESPN. That’s why the “scoop” by Schefter that Martin is meeting with the investigator in California was mentioned after they came back from the break.

You can tell Glazer will never work at ESPN. He’s kind of like Sting, who has and will never step foot in a WWE ring.

9. phinatic29 says: Nov 12, 2013 3:12 PM

I never even heard of these things referred to as a “meme” until this stupid story came along.

Now everyone is saying “meme” “meme” “meme” like its some sort of commonplace language.

Gimme a break, hasn’t the news cycled passed yet. American with short attention span on board.