Vernon Davis “feeling great” after concussion

San Francisco 49ers v Jacksonville Jaguars Getty Images

Earlier this week, it looked like the 49ers might be in the market for some help at tight end after watching Vernon Davis and Garrett Celek go down with injuries in last Sunday’s loss to the Panthers.

That search may turn out to be unnecessary. Celek deemed himself day-to-day in his recovery from a hamstring injury and Davis said that he’s feeling well after leaving the game with a concussion.

“I’m doing fine, feeling great and just taking it one day at a time,” Davis said, via Cam Inman of the Bay Area News Group. “I have to wait for doctors to let me know what I can do next.”

It’s Davis’ second concussion in less than a year, although he says this one isn’t as bad as the one he suffered last December. Davis worked out on Tuesday and will need to get clearance to participate in practice on Wednesday and then he’d need further clearance to return to full contact work in time to face the Saints this weekend.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers
8 Responses to “Vernon Davis “feeling great” after concussion”
  1. thereisfootballwestofjersey says: Nov 13, 2013 8:12 AM

It’s gotta be all business around 49ers HQ this week after Sunday’s embarrassing loss to Cam-O-Lina. Saints will get the Niners A-Game Sunday. Wouldn’t want to be playing D-line for New Orleans this weekend

2. beastmode5150 says: Nov 13, 2013 9:39 AM

He then saw Kam Chancellor, screamed, and ran out of the interview room.

3. osiris33 says: Nov 13, 2013 10:18 AM

Hahaha! Just watching highlights of Chancellor makes him wet himself and tap out.

4. the3rdpower says: Nov 13, 2013 10:25 AM

Concussions are a serious thing. I hope he’s okay to play because getting your bell run 2x’s in the year to concussion status is not good.

5. jvibottomline says: Nov 13, 2013 11:28 AM

Cam-olina??? Newton didn’t do a damn thing to win that game on Sunday, he was terrible.

6. braceyourselffor12 says: Nov 13, 2013 1:24 PM

Newsflash Seahack bandwagon hopping trolls!

Vernon Davis isn’t scared of your overrated PED using team! In fact the week after being taken out of the game he was back at home securing the Niners 2nd consecutive NFC West title, 2nd consecutive second seed and first week bye on their way to their 2nd consecutive NFC Championship game.

Your jealousy reeks!

7. the3rdpower says: Nov 13, 2013 1:39 PM

@braceuourselffor12.
    Bandwagon? Uh ok… Been at this with my Hawks since the days if Knox.

With that said hope you make it though NO without more bell ringing.

8. steelerben says: Nov 13, 2013 1:47 PM

Because normally I describe the way I feel after my brain is bruised by hitting into the inside of my skull as, “great”. You get to have all these little sparkling lights when you close your eyes, work lets you wear sunglasses inside so you don’t vomit on your desk because flourescent light flicker is so soothing, and a constant ringing in your ears is quite musical.