Christian Ponder takes majority of snaps in practice

Green Bay Packers v Minnesota Vikings Getty Images

Quarterback Christian Ponder was listed as a limited participant in practice for the Vikings on Wednesday because of his left shoulder injury, but the limitations don’t seem to be getting in the way of his plans to play against the Seahawks on Sunday.

Coach Leslie Frazier wouldn’t say whether or not Ponder is on track to start this week, but Josh Freeman revealed after the session that Ponder got the majority of the snaps with the first team during practice. Wide receiver Greg Jennings gave Ponder a positive review after the session.

“Ponder looked good,” Jennings said, via the Pioneer Press. “He practiced and [was] getting the game plan in and making some throws.”

Freeman said that he’s got a better grasp of the offense than he did when he was thrown into the fire against the Giants, but it doesn’t appear that it matters all that much as the Vikings prepare to leave him on the bench for the fourth straight week. Ponder’s got the job again and it will take more than a minor injury to force a change at the top of the depth chart.

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill
12 Responses to “Christian Ponder takes majority of snaps in practice”
  1. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Nov 14, 2013 9:08 AM

I’d rather have the packers QB problems than this…

2. sdl66 says: Nov 14, 2013 10:25 AM

Someone needs to tell Frasier he has to quit being the tackling dummy during practice. Definite brain damage there if he continues with Ponder.

3. purpleguy says: Nov 14, 2013 1:07 PM

Meh, it’s not going to matter who plays QB against the Hawks.

4. skolvikesskol says: Nov 14, 2013 1:17 PM

This could be the most lopsided loss in vikes history. Let’s hope we get the lucky breaks and penalties our way. Good luck Vikings!

5. filthymcnasty1 says: Nov 14, 2013 3:33 PM

Ponder makes me happy. Viking fans deserve these losers in purple, as they are lesser human beings than other NFL fans.

6. brandonky says: Nov 14, 2013 4:56 PM

I’m a Frazier and Ponder believer, if they get the right kind of support behind them (the fans) I think things will turn around, not much you can do this year but I really believe we have a good team. Optimism goes a long ways especially in sports.

GO VIKES!

7. 6kingswest says: Nov 14, 2013 5:14 PM

filthymcnasty1 says:
    Nov 14, 2013 3:33 PM

___________________________

filthy, this is an idiotic statement….even by your standards. I think your Mommy’s calling you for dinner, time to turn off your pc & go eat your chicken pot pie!

8. nickynick04 says: Nov 14, 2013 5:21 PM

KARMA….read what Viking fans say about other teams on their threads…………….
    it is a curse and will last for decades

9. The Great Ted Thompson the Genius says: Nov 14, 2013 5:31 PM

filthymcnasty1 says:Nov 14, 2013 3:33 PM

_________

Why does this garbage get in but I can’t say that I hope Ponder plays well so he can turn to Percy and say “What do you think of me now?”

10. Paul M. says: Nov 14, 2013 6:16 PM

6kingswest says: Nov 14, 2013 5:14 PM

————————————————

Poor guy, his mother named him “Filthy.”

But he has done well for himself, he’s the official spokesperson and leader of Packer fans everywhere.

11. filthymcnasty1 says: Nov 14, 2013 6:23 PM

Because I’m better than you – that’s why.

Stop whining. Your team is embarrassing enough as it is.

12. contra74 says: Nov 14, 2013 8:05 PM

filthymcnasty1 says:
    Nov 14, 2013 3:33 PM

Oh man, the drinking must have picked up for the packer faithful. What a dark post from this lady. How many Hamm’s have you gone through today?