Colts losing early, again

Chris Johnson AP

Since beating Peyton Manning and the Broncos, something has happened to the Colts.

With the Titans racing to a 14-0 lead in Nashville on Thursday night, the Colts have now been outscored 63-3 in the first halves of their last three games.

It started in Houston 11 nights ago, with the Texans leading 21-3 at intermission.  (And but for the disarray caused by Gary Kubiak’s collapse, the Colts likely would have lost.)  Last week, the Rams rolled the Colts, with a 28-0 halftime lead that became a 38-8 final score.

The problems are many and the Colts are in danger of having a season of so much promise implode.  They still have to play at Arizona, at Cincinnati, and at Kansas City, and the Titans come to town in 17 days for a rematch of what for now looks like a Tennessee win.

Permalink 31 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Indianapolis Colts, Rumor Mill, Tennessee Titans, Top Stories
31 Responses to “Colts losing early, again”
  1. thestrategyexpert says: Nov 14, 2013 9:04 PM

I’m rooting for the Titans after hearing about that Trent Richardson trade update story. Good game so far.

2. steelersaregodsteam says: Nov 14, 2013 9:04 PM

Anyone surprised? Anyone? Most overrated team in the league.

3. atleastimnotaraidersfan says: Nov 14, 2013 9:06 PM

Waaaaay too early to say the Titans are going to win.

4. metalman5150 says: Nov 14, 2013 9:07 PM

NFLN Thursday night football.
    Ryan Fitzpatrick dives forward (head-first) with no contact and upon hitting the ground, fumbles the football. (RG3 did the same thing and it resulted in a fumble / subsequent turnover). Of course in this titans case, on Thursday night football, no official ‘sees’ pagano’s challenge flag and a couple of plays later, Fitzpatrick slides, feet first.
    Just saying NFLN has every interest in making sure *wink* that the home crowd walks away happily. It may even boost subscriptions next year.

5. jakec4 says: Nov 14, 2013 9:07 PM

The Titans have the “we just lost to the freakin’ Jaguars” shame which upped their intensity.

6. metalman5150 says: Nov 14, 2013 9:08 PM

Andrew luck quick snapping to catch three titans defenders on the field. …. Not one feild judge ‘sees’ it.

7. skinsfan91 says: Nov 14, 2013 9:10 PM

Andrew Lucky barely not throwing picks again. Some of those button hook plays coulda been snatched right out of the receiver’s hands.

8. metalman5150 says: Nov 14, 2013 9:11 PM

I just lost the last 15 minutes of my life due to mike Carey (who I love) and this too many men on the field debacle.
    Thursday night home team win.

9. cbrown386 says: Nov 14, 2013 9:22 PM

Hey Mike, I can tell you what happened to them after that Denver game.

Their best player blew his knee.

10. harrisonhits2 says: Nov 14, 2013 9:28 PM

Another crap Thursday night game. Its useless to have these games except the last month of the season.

11. genoinabottlenyj says: Nov 14, 2013 9:37 PM

93 for the colts, total scumbag. someone on the titans needs to take out that guys knee

12. henryjones20 says: Nov 14, 2013 9:40 PM

the colts are who we knew they were!!! 8-8 team at best!!

13. athwartships says: Nov 14, 2013 9:42 PM

Refs blew that one BAD…..not ejecting that ass hat is just going to be a game of fights from here out.

14. bennyb82 says: Nov 14, 2013 9:42 PM

That is going to be an expensive headbutt…

15. detectivejimmymcnulty says: Nov 14, 2013 9:44 PM

One of the officials was standing right there by those players coming off which makes it worse. I thought Fitz fumbled as well, but Pagano did wait until last second to challenge.

The worst thing was the Colts LB head butting Walker without his helmet. To me that should have been an ejection and without a doubt a 1 game suspension. That was horrible.

16. tjacks7 says: Nov 14, 2013 9:47 PM

The Colts can’t pick up the blitz and can barely block. If you realize how poorly the blocking is, you’re amazed at how good Luck is.

17. str8infamous says: Nov 14, 2013 9:51 PM

Ever since Reggie Wayne went down, this team has been a shell of its former self. They should’ve signed a solid veteran to help lift the burden off of Luck & these young, inexperienced WRs. Hell T.O. is still better than anybody on their roster not named T.Y. HILTON!!!

18. mf7krime says: Nov 14, 2013 9:55 PM

skinsfan91 says:

————————

It’s okay skinsfan, I’d be jealous of having Luck too if I were stuck with Robert Griffin the Turd.

19. skolvikesskol says: Nov 14, 2013 10:00 PM

1. Reggie Wayne makes qbs look better than they are.

2. We need to get rid of the replacement refs and the regulars back in. Then we wouldn’t have these officiating errors.

20. phillysports1 says: Nov 14, 2013 10:01 PM

For those who’s watching the game , in my opinion I think they went and picked up high school football refs last minute . Lol worst refs ever

21. sparky900 says: Nov 14, 2013 10:04 PM

One of the overlooked aspects of all of the 4th quarter comebacks that Andrew Luck has been part of is that you have to be behind in the 4th quarter in order to comeback. I don’t know, maybe he’s just setting us up for that comeback, but were I a Colts fan, I’d be okay with leading games right from the start.

22. souljaboiz says: Nov 14, 2013 10:05 PM

I was a fan of Ryan Fitzpatrick since he was still a prospect in high school. All you bandwagon pink shirts please know your place.

23. skinsfan91 says: Nov 14, 2013 10:08 PM

Via Epsn stats and info.

Andrew Luck is 1-for-4 on throws more than 10 yards downfield, 9-for-27 on those throws in last 3 games (46% completion pct in first 8 gms)

24. aboveaveragejoe11 says: Nov 14, 2013 10:08 PM

Colts fan here and I had to curb my enthusiasm after seeing the pathetic offensive display in the loss to the Dolphins back in September. And was WITH Reggie Wayne. I’m sick of hearing all the Reggie Wayne excuses – most every team has injuries to key players at this point in the season. Deal with it!

Colts will still win this game though….

25. ravenswhat says: Nov 14, 2013 10:22 PM

Pagano’s halftime speech: hey jerkoffs, you’re losing to a team that just lost to the jags.

26. 25yearindyfan says: Nov 14, 2013 10:26 PM

And the Steelers are the most boring team in the league. I’ll take overrated and winning record over boring and terrible.

27. gatorsandsteelerssuckbigblackclocks says: Nov 14, 2013 10:28 PM

If the goal was to come up with the most creative ways to choke, the titans would be champions every year. I hate this GD team.

28. titansbro says: Nov 14, 2013 10:29 PM

Don’t worry the Titans will find a way to screw it up, be it special teams or Fitzpatrick.

29. T.D. says: Nov 14, 2013 10:36 PM

For as good as everyone is saying the Colts and Seahawks are, they are having lots of points being hung on them by some pretty poor teams (St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Houston, Tennessee). That’s why I suspect neither Andrew Luck nor Russell Wilson will be attending the Super Bowl as anything other than guests, since both Seattle and Indy are going to start running out of teams that magically vanish at halftime.

30. skinsfolife says: Nov 14, 2013 11:15 PM

Colts pick ups of the year….. Laron I take terrible angles Landry, Trent I won’t average more than 2 yes/carry Richardson, and Ryan I have no idea what I am doing Grigson. Laughable.

31. cheddarisbeddar says: Nov 14, 2013 11:34 PM

Trent Richardson for a one…hahaha.