Pryor questionable, but signs point to McGloin starting

dfeb79214c9f394ac03f99253c96f4a6 Getty Images

By the strict letter of the injury report, Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor is questionable for Sunday’s game against the Texans.

But according to Scott Bair of CSNBayArea.com, his chances may be something less than 50-50.

Pryor “barely moved” in the open portion of practice, with backup Matt McGloin taking most of the work with the first team in the open portion of practice. Even practice squader Tyler Wilson took some snaps, which could be an indication they’re thinking about adding some depth.

Pryor was obviously bothered by his MCL sprain last week, and he might get the time he probably needed in the first place.

Permalink 17 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Houston Texans, Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill
17 Responses to “Pryor questionable, but signs point to McGloin starting”
  1. JMClarkent says: Nov 15, 2013 3:56 PM

I am actually interested in seeing what the kid has.

Pryor is not the answer, he simply doesn’t have the QB skills to be consistently effective in todays game.

2. florioleadswitnesses says: Nov 15, 2013 4:02 PM

If you ad a V between the O and the I you would have McGlovin!

3. MyTeamsAllStink says: Nov 15, 2013 4:10 PM

Pryor’s bad but he can run.I hope mcgloin can behind that awful OL

4. nomoreseasontix says: Nov 15, 2013 4:17 PM

Pryor has something…. I’m not sure it’s quarterback skill.
    I’m all for looking at McGloin to see what he’s got. Gotta plan for the future. This season isn’t going anywhere.

5. radrntn says: Nov 15, 2013 4:17 PM

I love all the experts who make comments like they know more than guys in the nfl…..glad to see McGloin play. He is fortunate to have Wiz, Watson, and Briesel all playing. As bad as Briesiel is , he is the best of the worse.

6. nflofficeadmin says: Nov 15, 2013 4:23 PM

Let’s see if this young cowboy knows how to rope a steer.

7. thatstinks says: Nov 15, 2013 4:28 PM

LOL . I think he will do awfully but yes this season is toast …Go Raiders ! …We might as well see what Tyler Wilson can do as well .

8. therealraider says: Nov 15, 2013 4:41 PM

thatstinks says: Nov 15, 2013 4:28 PM

———————————————————-

The Raiders saw what Tyler Wilson could do, They drafted him, worked him out all offseason.. coached him through training camp and the pre-season. Then they cut him.

9. jjackwagon says: Nov 15, 2013 4:44 PM

And so ends the TP era in Oakland. Who didn’t see this coming?

10. McFaddensPulledHammy says: Nov 15, 2013 4:48 PM

I hope Matt “Pat MyGroin” McGloin has a clock in his head because JJ Watt will be on him in 3, 2, 1……

In all seriousness, this year was an evaluation year. I’m a Pryor backer and want him to develop into a great QB, but McGloin needs to be evaluated in non-garbage time.

11. realfootballfan says: Nov 15, 2013 4:51 PM

Then, signs point to Raiders losing.

12. citizenstrange says: Nov 15, 2013 4:54 PM

You have to root for any young player at any position making his first NFL start.

It’s a dream come true. Good luck!

13. raideralex says: Nov 15, 2013 6:35 PM

It’s a dream come true for us Raider fans too =)

Hard running an offense with a wildcat RB masquerading as your QB.

14. mythaimyke says: Nov 15, 2013 8:18 PM

Finally get a look at a QB, not a running back playing QB! Hope that McGloin burns it up!
    GO R-A-I-D-E-R-S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NO more Pryor!

15. raiderapologist says: Nov 15, 2013 8:26 PM

jjackwagon says: Nov 15, 2013 4:44 PM

And so ends the TP era in Oakland. Who didn’t see this coming?
    —————
    Without the ability to run, Pryor isn’t going to scare a defense any more than Alex Smith does. I don’t think McGloin is going to scare anyone either, but if he can get to his second read without bailing out of the pocket, Pryor might not get back on the field.

16. raidernation37 says: Nov 15, 2013 9:59 PM

McFaddensPulledHammy says: Nov 15, 2013 4:48 PM

I don’t think Watt is the biggest concern for McGloin since he’s familiar with him from his days in the big ten. He better be concerned more with the secondary coverages and the safety/corner blitz. McGloin isn’t the answer either. He was average at best at Penn State.

17. rubicon202 says: Nov 16, 2013 8:42 AM

Be great to see 4 quarters of solid football and not just a half…I’m looking 4ward to seeing what the kid has. I’m sure he won’t break a 94 yd run but would like to see the ball passed accurately. Go Raiders!!!!!!!