Vaccaro and Watson out with concussions for Saints

28b2f62951ddfa39c8bc6e33ff722e6b AP

The Saints will be without a tight end and a safety because of concussions, but it appears the 49ers will get theirs back for Sunday’s game between NFC heavyweights.

According to Larry Holder of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro and tight end Benjamin Watson have been ruled out of Sunday’s game because of concussions suffered last week.

Their counterparts with the 49ers, who also suffered concussions last week, are still on track to play. Safety Eric Reid and tight end Vernon Davis, were limited in practice Friday, and listed as questionable.

They still need to be cleared by an independent neurologist, but coach Jim Harbaugh said he expected them to be able to play this week. Defensive tackle Ray McDonald is out with an ankle injury.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers
8 Responses to “Vaccaro and Watson out with concussions for Saints”
  1. thepftpoet says: Nov 15, 2013 4:53 PM

Karma for bounty gate.

2. braceyourselffor12 says: Nov 15, 2013 5:09 PM

Regardless Rob Ryan has transformed that D into a strong unit. It will be tough to win even without Vacarro patrolling the secondary.

The last two times the Niners played the Saints they were listed as underdogs and came out victorious. This time however there is plenty of tape to prepare and shut down our offense which sorry to say has not been all that dominant this season save for 3 games.

I’ll root for the Red & Gold till the day I die and I expect Harbaugh and Co. the draw a battle plan that will keep Drew Brees off the field, as that’s the best way to beat him.

GO NINERS!!!!!!

3. cursedvikings1998 says: Nov 15, 2013 5:15 PM

All of a sudden Eric Reid and Vernon Davis are fine. Uh huh, yep, I’m buying that one!

4. sweetnlow44 says: Nov 15, 2013 5:53 PM

They won’t need them. Have you seen the 49ers play lately?

5. 504in860 says: Nov 15, 2013 6:59 PM

thepftpoet says:
    Nov 15, 2013 4:53 PM
    Karma for bounty gate.

Yep…7-2 and in 1st place. Karma indeed.

P.S. Both players are in their 1st years with the Saints, but I’m sure you knew that…right?

6. dirtysouthniner says: Nov 16, 2013 3:00 AM

I just hope the niners are making the right call. If vd or Reid get lit up and need to be shutdown for the season or worse (life outside of football) it would be a shame. I know how important this game is but I hope its next man up this week and give these two a break. Go niners!

7. uncletuna says: Nov 16, 2013 7:19 AM

May be time for the league to take a look a Jimbo and how he handles head injuries…

How does he know his guys are going to play when they haven’t cleared a legitimate post-trauma/concussion protocols schedule via physician examination?!?

I wouldn’t want to play for someone like that and I’d wonder if some of the players aren’t thinking that in the back of their concussed minds?!?

8. andfitch82 says: Nov 16, 2013 7:28 AM

This is Watson’s 15th concussion. While it’s a hyperbole, the man has had several during his NFL career.