Willis McGahee practices on Friday

Cleveland Browns v Kansas City Chiefs Getty Images

Browns running back Willis McGahee (knee) returned to practice on Friday after sitting out Thursday, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reported this morning.

McGahee hasn’t practiced on Thursday leading up to each of the Browns’ last four games, but in every instance, he has resumed his work the next day, and he has yet to miss a game for Cleveland.

McGahee, 32, has been the Browns’ featured back for much of the season. In seven games with Cleveland, McGahee has rushed for 262 yards and one touchdown on 100 carries. The Browns signed him after dealing Trent Richardson to Indianapolis in September.

With a win Sunday in Cincinnati, the Browns (4-5) can move within a half-game of the Bengals (6-4) in the AFC North. A victory would also give the Browns the season sweep over the Bengals.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Home, Rumor Mill
7 Responses to “Willis McGahee practices on Friday”
  1. audient says: Nov 15, 2013 1:35 PM

Looking at T. Rich playing in Indy, I don’t think we’d have seen more production than this if he’d stayed.

If I had to bet which back is about to have a breakout game, I’d just as easily pick McGahee at this point.

This Sunday would be the perfect time.

GO BROWNS!

2. wryly1 says: Nov 15, 2013 1:43 PM

Browns did not improve their lousy ground game by trading TR or picking up McGahee – merely their draft positioning for next spring.

Expect to see a lot more touches from Ogbannya and Whittaker against Bengals.

3. onereasonableman says: Nov 15, 2013 1:48 PM

I think TRich has 277 rushing yards for the Colts. At this point, I would say the deal worked out just fine for the Browns. Doesn’t seem like we gave up much.

4. jjb0811 says: Nov 15, 2013 1:53 PM

Browns PLAYED the Colts on that trade. Good for them.

5. joemammy says: Nov 15, 2013 2:25 PM

onereasonableman says:

——————

Oh, I don’t know. The 3rd pick in the 1st round of the draft…

Maybe a younger QUARTERBACK???

6. onereasonableman says: Nov 15, 2013 4:00 PM

@joemammy –

I hear you but the current think tank is doing its best to make up for that (those) bad decisions.

7. kwjsb says: Nov 15, 2013 5:26 PM

Obie-wan is this years Jerome Harrison, lets get him the ball…