Raiders promote Tyler Wilson from practice squad

Tyler Wilson AP

The Raiders promoted rookie quarterback Tyler Wilson from their practice squad on Saturday.

The move was disclosed in the NFL’s Saturday transactions.

Wilson, the club’s fourth-round pick in April, will back up fellow rookie Matt McGloin on Sunday at Houston. McGloin will start in place of Terrelle Pryor, who has a knee injury.

Wilson completed 11-of-18 passes for 93 yards in the preseason for the Raiders. He played collegiately at Arkansas.

To make room for Wilson, the Raiders waived reserve defensive tackle Brian Sanford.

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill
12 Responses to “Raiders promote Tyler Wilson from practice squad”
  1. lennydpocketqb says: Nov 16, 2013 5:35 PM

Championship!

2. bombayjon says: Nov 16, 2013 5:43 PM

Hell ya! My prediction: McGloin runs the table the rest of the season for a play-off birth capped by a week 17 victory ovrer the donks. Book it!!

(I can dream can’t I?)

3. gquesen says: Nov 16, 2013 5:44 PM

Ah, your sarcasm is sad but warranted, and that’s coming from a big Raider. At this point, just give me Mariota or Manziel ASAP. I mean…really.

4. dawsonleery says: Nov 16, 2013 5:46 PM

I remember reading Wilson didn’t make the team because he was having a hard time with the playbook. I still like Wilson though, he’s a tough guy with some potential.

5. Foghorn The IKonoclast says: Nov 16, 2013 5:50 PM

This guy is going to be really, really good. Trust me! He just needs a chance, because he only had 18 attempts in preseason. Pryor needs to learn from this guy.

Congrats Tyler. We love you!

6. blue18hutthutt says: Nov 16, 2013 6:37 PM

Remember when people were making predictions that Tyler Wilson could be the next Russell Wilson?

7. evansvc says: Nov 16, 2013 6:39 PM

Raiders need to bring in VINCE YOUNG….

8. ern215 says: Nov 16, 2013 7:37 PM

i do not like manziel or mariota, give a philip rivers-ish qb all day over either one of these (ultra-tebows), neither one of them will do well in the nfl
    bridgewater will be andrew luck-ish

9. yourmomsnewfriend says: Nov 16, 2013 7:48 PM

I think I speak for everyone, when I say, OH-OH!!!

I think this adequately tempers the (premature) excitement about the Pryor experiment. Just say “no” to scrambly-rambly quarterbacks.

10. hooterdawg says: Nov 16, 2013 9:32 PM

So glad that Dennis Allen has been exposed as a fool for throwing Matt Flynn under the bus after a single game’s cold start. He didn’t even get a full week to practice with the first team. Allen will be gone after this season, while Flynn may get to prove himself in Green Bay.

11. war27 says: Nov 16, 2013 10:59 PM

He’ll prove to the trainers that it is possible to injure your throwing elbow dumping the ball off. That’s about it.

12. cwk22 says: Nov 17, 2013 7:23 AM

Wilson played good at Arkansas with a terrible offensive line. Hopefully he will perform to his potential if the opportunity comes up.