Brandon Browner to miss 4-6 weeks with groin injury

Tavon Austin,  Cliff Avril AP

We now have a number to go with the original diagnosis that Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner would be out “quite a while.”

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Monday that Browner would miss four to six weeks with a groin injury,via Terry Blount of ESPN.com.

“Hopefully, by the end of this week, we’ll know more,” Carroll said. “He had a pretty good exam [Monday], I know that. But he has a serious groin pull. It’s not just a pulled muscle. He has some tissue damage and stuff. It’s a severe groin pull. They are talking four to six weeks at best. That’s a long haul.”

Browner was injured against the Falcons, and didn’t play last week against the Vikings. If Carroll’s estimate holds, he could still get back before the end of the regular season, and that would make it worth keeping him around on the roster for the playoffs.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks
7 Responses to “Brandon Browner to miss 4-6 weeks with groin injury”
  1. joetoronto says: Nov 19, 2013 8:58 AM

“But he has a serious groin pull. It’s not just a pulled muscle. He has some tissue damage and stuff. It’s a severe groin pull.”

He’s done for the year.

2. ozymandias121 says: Nov 19, 2013 9:07 AM

You would think Cheat Carroll would tell these players that Adderall and PEDs break down their bodies.

3. seatownballers says: Nov 19, 2013 9:12 AM

Its ok, we have Thurmond. Who is less penalty prone

4. beastmode5150 says: Nov 19, 2013 9:49 AM

Yet another hawks injury. Most injured team in the league. Next man up for them I guess.

5. whoisrdymlz says: Nov 19, 2013 9:56 AM

Thurmond looks just as good to me. I’m sure that Hawks fans would like the depth but I don’t see this making any difference to the team.

6. thebirdofprey2 says: Nov 19, 2013 11:37 AM

Thurmond is every bit as good as Browner. I am not sure if anyone was paying attention though in the Vikings game in garbage time. Lane looks to have regressed as a CB. I think he is one of the best special team players in NFL but his pass coverage looked bad this year compared to last.

Maxwell I do feel more comfortable with him when Thurmond kicks into the slot on nickel packages.

7. seaeagle707 says: Nov 19, 2013 6:41 PM

BB’s health comes first, the Hawks second. Even a Whiners fan should be able to grasp that concept.