Roy Ellison investigation continues

Ellison AP

Redskins tackle Trent Williams thinks the NFL won’t take action regarding Williams’ allegation that he was verbally abused by official Roy Ellison.  Though there’s still a chance the league won’t take action, a final decision hasn’t been made.

According to the league office, the investigation is ongoing.

Some think that the NFL won’t suspend Ellison because he is assigned to work a game this weekend.  The league says that no conclusions should be drawn based on that fact.

While that doesn’t mean Ellison will be suspended, the fact that he’s working a game in Week 12 doesn’t mean he won’t be.

Williams said Wednesday that he hasn’t heard from the league.  Coach Mike Shanahan said he has.

“I did talk to [Vice President of Officiating] Dean [Blandino],” Shanahan told reporters.  “I can’t go into detail about that, but it was a number of issues. I didn’t call him just about that situation, but I did talk to him briefly about that.”

As we reported earlier in the week, the microphone worn by offensive lineman Kory Lichtensteiger wouldn’t have captured and recorded audio evidence of Ellison’s comments to Williams, who claims that Ellison called Williams a “garbage-ass, disrespectful mutherf–ker.”

Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Washington Redskins
18 Responses to “Roy Ellison investigation continues”
  1. logicalvoicesays says: Nov 21, 2013 1:22 PM

National Fixed League UNFAIRLY took 36 million from us and ruined our season!!! #Cheaters

2. cowpiesnotcowboys says: Nov 21, 2013 1:25 PM

Telling the truth is a positive defense against libel/slander accusations. Similarly Ellison should have nothing to fear if that is what he said.

3. thestrategyexpert says: Nov 21, 2013 1:29 PM

Is it too expensive to mic up more people or places? Why can’t the NFL figure out some way to get more audio and video, some for the fans, and some for internal quality control?

4. grndizzle says: Nov 21, 2013 1:35 PM

People are way too soft now. I’ve been called worse by members of my family.

5. richiebburg says: Nov 21, 2013 1:36 PM

Awww poor Trent got his feelings hurt. I’m surprised he didn’t punch the ref in the face.

6. romosmicrodongs says: Nov 21, 2013 1:39 PM

its true what logical says. mara and goodell go waaay back and robery is a legitimate threat for a decade

7. blackfootkiller says: Nov 21, 2013 1:45 PM

I know it’s not the officials job to critique players…
    But in this case, he’s spot on!

8. jetsheartache says: Nov 21, 2013 2:04 PM

get over it, your a grown man… shake it off. Why is everyone so sensitive and whinny these days? Football players used to be tough, glad im a hockey player, its much easier just punching a guy in the face to resolve issues.

9. thegreatgabbert says: Nov 21, 2013 2:05 PM

“garbage ass” he could deal with. “mutherf-cker”, he gets that all the time. But, “disrespectful” really hurt.

10. thestrategyexpert says: Nov 21, 2013 2:10 PM

Ok fine I’ll agree to pay for all the mics and monitoring service we could possibly need out of my own pocket.

With donations pouring in from ex-players I’ll probably get 10x the money needed anyhow.

Who’s got the rolodex?

11. ridingwithnohandlebars says: Nov 21, 2013 2:11 PM

Jeff Ireland wonders why Williams did not punch him.

12. billsfan1 says: Nov 21, 2013 2:13 PM

i say this with the utmost respect but I am glad the ref is black too.. Just for the simple fact that I wouldnt want this to become more than it is.

13. purplengold says: Nov 21, 2013 2:14 PM

Sensitive O Lineman in the news again?

14. wholelottaawesome says: Nov 21, 2013 2:20 PM

I’m going to take the “Ok. So what if he said it? Move on.” stance and move forward with my life.

I remember a very similar issue in my own life. One time at recess Janie told the recess lady I called her stupid pants. I’m told it was put on my permanent record.

15. kevo126 says: Nov 21, 2013 2:32 PM

are they looking into how tom brady cursed at that ref on monday night? players and coaches say things all the time to refs. i dont see why they cant say things back.

or is this ref “bullying” williams? so tired of everyone being PC and soft.

16. blackfootkiller says: Nov 21, 2013 2:34 PM

You should have to have a least a 500 record to whine as much as these Skins players do!

17. dlr4skins says: Nov 21, 2013 3:52 PM

Why not?

It’s called integrity. Officials are to be non-biased and professional for all teams and players at all times.

18. psousa1 says: Nov 21, 2013 3:57 PM

at least we don’t have to hear about the race card