Jerry Jones thinks he’s doing his best work as G.M.

Dallas Cowboys v Detroit Lions Getty Images

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones just gave his coach a vote of confidence, guaranteeing Jason Garrett would remain on the job next season regardless what happens in the final six weeks of the season.

But his General Manager got an even bigger endorsement Friday, and that guy’s got contractual security for decades.

“The facts are that I really do think the way things have rolled out that I’m getting to do some of the best work that I’ve done, relatively speaking in my career of these last several years,” Jones said on his weekly radio show on KRLD-FM, via Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Given that it was radio, and given that it was Jones, it’s impossible to tell if he had a straight face when he said it.

After winning three Super Bowls early in his reign, things have flattened out for the Cowboys.

Since 1997, they’re a clean 133-133, with one playoff win.

While he sees the criticisms of the current administration (i.e. him) as “fair,” he also didn’t dispute the notion that he’d remain his own G.M. for the next 15 to 20 years.

“Of course, I said it, and I really meant that and just think about that a minute: Why wouldn’t you?” Jones said. “One of the reasons that I to some degree have taken the risks that I have over the years and kind of had the professional life that I followed is so that I get to decide when enough is enough. God willing. So I do get to decide that.

“It’s a certain part of working for yourself if you still are standing when the time comes. So I get to really make that decision, and I want to make it in a way that I think is in the best interest of the team, franchise and really our fans. A lot of people just need to hear me say I know it’s in our best interest for us to operate the way we have. It’s unfortunate that over these last five or six years that we haven’t had a few things turn right for us at the end of the season, needing to win one of out of two games to get into the playoffs, having a healthy quarterback, all of those things.

“But we’ve been a lot closer than it seems.”

And as long as that’s good with the owner, the architect of the team apparently has a lifetime contract to keep building a team that keeps looking closer than it actually is.

Permalink 121 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
121 Responses to “Jerry Jones thinks he’s doing his best work as G.M.”
  1. crisper57 says: Nov 22, 2013 1:20 PM

The rest of the League agrees. Keep up the good work, Jerry!

Make sure you remember to take your team out to Chucky Cheese after all those moral victories!

2. thestrategyexpert says: Nov 22, 2013 1:20 PM

He should award himself Employee of the Month if he wins on Sunday.

3. 619sdfan4life says: Nov 22, 2013 1:22 PM

So did Al Davis before he died. Jerry thinks he can still run a team like he did in the 90’s. Cowboys won’t do anything until they hire a GM. Jerry needs to sit back and stop trying to manage the team…

4. mataug says: Nov 22, 2013 1:22 PM

only good thing (and that’s a personal benefit for Jerry himself) is the cash registers are always ringing in Jerry land no matter how poor his personnel decisions have been

5. mvp43 says: Nov 22, 2013 1:23 PM

Oh boy…. the dreaded vote of confidence. Does that mean he’ll sack himself after the seasons over?

6. thepftpoet says: Nov 22, 2013 1:23 PM

Jerrah needs to stay on his meds

7. zam0854 says: Nov 22, 2013 1:23 PM

If you’re not from Texas or Dallas then you’re not a true fan – – and I hate the Cowboys…All these bandwagon fans from the 90’s need to find another escape for entertainment in January/Feb.

#IfYoureNotFromTexasOrDallasYoureNotACowboysFan

8. buckybadger says: Nov 22, 2013 1:24 PM

I think you are doing a great job too Jerry. Not being a Cowboys fan I love the fact that you don’t get your team in the playoffs or if by chance you do they aren’t really a threat. Great work. Don’t change a thing.

9. mlmeier says: Nov 22, 2013 1:24 PM

Well, that makes one of us.

10. jetsheartache says: Nov 22, 2013 1:25 PM

all i had to do was read the title of this article. This guys delusional

11. slugbaitspace says: Nov 22, 2013 1:26 PM

At the end of the season, people are walking by Jones’ office and see him in a very animated conversation, but he’s the only person in the room.

That’s just the Cowboys owner giving the Cowboys GM his performance review.

Nope, not crazy at all…

12. bucrightoff says: Nov 22, 2013 1:27 PM

Look at this point its obvious he’s just trolling everyone.

13. farvite says: Nov 22, 2013 1:27 PM

Great job Jerrah!

Hope your the Cowboys GM for another 50 years.

14. sportnorcal says: Nov 22, 2013 1:27 PM

And 31 other teams and owners thank him for his work as GM of the Cowboys.

15. flaccodelic says: Nov 22, 2013 1:28 PM

Not sure I’d go so far as to say Jerry has job security for “decades”. That guy’s had some work done and I wouldn’t put it past him to be fudging his age. I’m sure there will be some extra-nutty Al Davis years at the end, but that may not be more than ten years or so from now.

16. vdogg says: Nov 22, 2013 1:29 PM

Fire Marshall Bill.

17. sirsupersouthern says: Nov 22, 2013 1:30 PM

“One of the reasons that I to some degree have taken the risks that I have over the years and kind of had the professional life that I followed is so that I get to decide when enough is enough.”
    _________________________

Enough is enough…

18. thefootballgodssay says: Nov 22, 2013 1:30 PM

lol giants 31 cowboys 27

19. bigjim50010 says: Nov 22, 2013 1:30 PM

Rick Spielman says JJ is his idol and role model.

20. NotoriousKDV says: Nov 22, 2013 1:30 PM

How is that Rob Ryan for Monte Kiffen swap working for you Jerry? How about that Jay Ratliff contract? Or Doug Free’s contract? Why haven’t you managed to develop a consistent running game since Emmitt left? As this article says, your team is 133-133 since 1997 and the only common denominator is you. If this is your best work then I feel bad for Cowboys’ fans. I take that back. I don’t feel sorry for them at all.

21. seabreezes51 says: Nov 22, 2013 1:31 PM

Live forever Jerry….

An Eagles fan

22. mljohns says: Nov 22, 2013 1:31 PM

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. – Abraham Lincoln

Jerry Jones: proving Lincoln right, one quote at a time.

23. pnut87 says: Nov 22, 2013 1:31 PM

Old dude just makes it way too easy…

24. araidersfan says: Nov 22, 2013 1:32 PM

Coming from a Raider fan for 40 years I see a complete parallel of Jerry Jones to Al Davis. Al was highly successful when Ron Wolf was his right hand and Jerry was very successful when Jimmy Johnson was his HC and acted as GM. Both didn’t do very well when they handled GM duties all on their own.

As a warning to Cowboys fans, I think the worst is yet to come. My Raiders wallowed in mediocrity from 1986 to the turn of the century and the bottom fell out with them becoming terrible starting in 2003 when Al completely lost it. The Cowboys have been mediocre for the last 15 years but I think that as Jerry gets older (and more senile) Dallas will have a lot of horrible years that’ll make the current mediocrity pleasant in comparison.

25. grabgrabgrab says: Nov 22, 2013 1:33 PM

Wow! I think Jerry doesn’t know what he doesn’t know.

26. pftaccount says: Nov 22, 2013 1:34 PM

Jerry Jones thinks Jerry Jones is the Jerry Jones of GM’s

27. slbasegame257 says: Nov 22, 2013 1:34 PM

Average running game, average pass defense, average run defense, average special teams. Keep it up Jerry! The rest of the NFC appreciates it.

28. nnagi says: Nov 22, 2013 1:35 PM

Obviously Jerry does not have any objectivity whatsoever if he thinks he’s doing right by the team and the fans, what a joke… I need to figure out how to stop being a fan of this team…isn’t there somebody out there that can pointedly tell him he ain’t getting it done…Aikman, Irvin, Emmitt, any body?

29. marvsleezy says: Nov 22, 2013 1:36 PM

He says he works for himself. But this is sports, and this little private business that he owns is unique in that the fans are like shareholders and they really provide the team with the value that it has.

Its sad that there is no one with any power to remove him. He could intentionally drive the Cowboys into the ground as a joke if he wanted, and because they are a private company no one could stop him.

Shouldn’t the NFL have a way to prevent its owners from meddling in a business that is often over their heads?

Wouldn’t it be best for the fans and the league to put some restrictions on what the owners can and cant do with their teams? And that includes relocating them.

30. 6kingswest says: Nov 22, 2013 1:36 PM

The rest of the world thinks otherwise!

31. onixtorres says: Nov 22, 2013 1:36 PM

Jerry also thinks losing close games means “moral victories”. LOL

32. nbarber2013 says: Nov 22, 2013 1:37 PM

Go home Jerry you’re drunk!

33. simplesimon1 says: Nov 22, 2013 1:37 PM

LOL….good lord…. why does only stupidity come pouring out of his mouth.

Here’s a hint Jerry. If you’re good at what you do, others will say you’re good at what you do. You rarely find phenoms that have to tell everybody they’re phenoms. Maybe you’ve learned from the wrong friends. I know you hang aroung G W Bush a lot…. I also seem to remember him saying he’d be known as one of the great Presidents as well….hmm!!

34. whitecastleisafoodgroup says: Nov 22, 2013 1:39 PM

If there are two people in this world I never want to see go away they would be Toronto Mayor Rob Ford and the other is Jerry Jones.

In my darkest hours they always make my day a little brighter :)

35. kingpel says: Nov 22, 2013 1:40 PM

If this is some of the best work he has done, that is basically an admission that he did very little during those Super Bowl seasons. It was Jimmy and that kills Jerry.

36. hawkforlife says: Nov 22, 2013 1:40 PM

He gave himself a new parking spot as a reward too.

37. fatcamper says: Nov 22, 2013 1:40 PM

No chance that he makes it another 20 years. He already looks like an extra from the Walking Dead.

38. cursedvikings1998 says: Nov 22, 2013 1:41 PM

Oh Jerrah. You’re so adorable. (lol)

39. chargerdillon says: Nov 22, 2013 1:41 PM

Yea Jerry…..keep up the……good work

40. bdl08 says: Nov 22, 2013 1:42 PM

Jerry … May you live forever and continue the outstanding job you’re doing.

41. ilovefoolsball says: Nov 22, 2013 1:46 PM

Jerry there are some amazing opportunities for you to invest in transhumanism technologies.

Please do whatever it takes so that you can live at least another 50 years. Dallas needs more players like Dez and Romo.

You don’t want to be one of those boring, currently winning franchises do you? It’s much better to be the center of media controversy.

The NFL needs you.

42. dcapettini says: Nov 22, 2013 1:48 PM

If you are not from Dallas or Texas you don’t deserve Jerry Jones. Look at the other folks you have given the country, W. and LBJ, the 2 worst presidents in modern history who both sent Americans to die in useless, losing wars. It is fitting that JJ is a lost cause.

43. mjhutmkr says: Nov 22, 2013 1:49 PM

Once a fool, always a fool!!!

44. joemammy says: Nov 22, 2013 1:49 PM

Delusional.

45. dasboat says: Nov 22, 2013 1:49 PM

And in a related story, Matt Schaub and Josh Freeman say that they are playing great.

46. officialgame says: Nov 22, 2013 1:52 PM

And he thinks his plastic suregon has done a good job to.

47. telldatruth says: Nov 22, 2013 1:56 PM

It’s Jerry’s World, baby!!!!!

48. sfsugator says: Nov 22, 2013 1:56 PM

Jerrahs, last good G.M. Move came in 1989 when he hired Jimmy Johnson I was 4.

49. ydousuk says: Nov 22, 2013 1:57 PM

vdogg says:Nov 22, 2013 1:29 PM

Fire Marshall Bill.
    ———————————————————-

Post of the day!!!!!!!!

50. gisellichek says: Nov 22, 2013 2:00 PM

His boss can’t get over what a great job he is doing…

51. szwhtsup123 says: Nov 22, 2013 2:01 PM

Wow this Jerrah guy sure loves him some Jerrah.
    We agree and hope you’re their GM forever!
    Signed
    GIANTS Nation

52. stixzidinia says: Nov 22, 2013 2:01 PM

————————————–

Jerry thinks his opinion of his work as GM equate to “facts”.

53. richcranium2112 says: Nov 22, 2013 2:01 PM

There goes Jerrah!! Thinking again!!??

I thought he wasn’t allowed to do that.

54. BigAlHeBDMan says: Nov 22, 2013 2:04 PM

All of the non-Cowboy fans agree with Jerrah. We WANT him to remain the GM for his team.
    Say Cowboy fans: Remember when You guys thought you were above everybody else and that you were “America’s Team”? Well this is your payback. It’s like purgatory isn’t it?

55. natepalmer1 says: Nov 22, 2013 2:04 PM

Megalomania is a psychopathological disorder characterized by delusional fantasies of power, relevance, or omnipotence. “Megalomania is characterized by an inflated sense of self-esteem and overestimation by persons of their powers and beliefs”…
    Jerry Jones fits this description perfectly…
    Sorry Cowboys, but at least you’re getting paid…

56. telldatruth says: Nov 22, 2013 2:04 PM

We did it Jerry!!

Barry Switzer

57. cosmoman11 says: Nov 22, 2013 2:05 PM

However, in Jerry’s defense, he’s not the worst GM in the league.

58. wimpyburgers says: Nov 22, 2013 2:05 PM

Are these early signs of dementia ?

Or is this more symptomatic of the saying “all things are bigger in Texas.”?

That would include Jerry’s ego.

Stats will show, over the last 9 years, the Cowboys are the epitome of an “average team.”

59. FoozieGrooler says: Nov 22, 2013 2:05 PM

I still say he looks great for his age.
    He hasn’t’ decomposed a bit.

60. ripster65 says: Nov 22, 2013 2:05 PM

“it’s impossible to tell if he had a straight face when he saw it.”
    ———————–
    saw what?

61. alewatcher says: Nov 22, 2013 2:07 PM

Any GM with Jerry’s record would have been fired years ago. This just proves he’s delusional.

62. phinfan says: Nov 22, 2013 2:08 PM

And I just had a good bathroom break…

63. 63deuceman says: Nov 22, 2013 2:08 PM

Jerry Jones thinks he’s doing his best work as G.M.

Relatively low bar, though.

64. wannabear says: Nov 22, 2013 2:08 PM

Jerry! Jerry!!!! Jerry!!!!!! Jerry!!!!!!

65. chawk12thman says: Nov 22, 2013 2:16 PM

Cowboys’ Owner has more confidence in his G.M. than any other owner has in theirs, that’s for sure. It may take the G.M. Jerry to tell the Owner Jerry that he should be retired for it to happen.

66. lennydpocketqb says: Nov 22, 2013 2:17 PM

In hindsight it was worth watching E. Smith make Dallas a dynasty in the early 90’s. The way this movie is now ending has been fantastic! I love you Jerry Jones. May you live to 456 years young!

67. richardmswartz says: Nov 22, 2013 2:20 PM

Daniel Snyder and Jerry Jones will ensure that the NFC East is a two horse race between the Giants and Eagles for years to come.

68. craigkintexas says: Nov 22, 2013 2:33 PM

Really???? We’ve been closer than it seems???? As a life long Cowboys fan, I ask all to forgive JJ and look upon him as a teller of the greatest fairy tales every.

69. thejuddstir says: Nov 22, 2013 2:38 PM

and in further news, Jerrah’s son Stevie agrees with his daddy. nothing more to say about this nonsense but laugh……..LMAO!!!!!

70. baywolfe says: Nov 22, 2013 2:42 PM

Jerry never could GM a team. Jimmy Johnson made all the decisions until Jerry drove him crazy and ran him off.

What idiot of an Owner/GM gets rid of the coach that gave him two Super Bowls and set the table for several more?

I like the players but I wish Jerry nothing but failure the rest of his miserable career at GM.

71. dasmol says: Nov 22, 2013 2:43 PM

Careful zamo854. That kind of thinking could cause a Nation to disappear.

Jerry just needs another Herschel Walker.

72. briang123 says: Nov 22, 2013 2:43 PM

Thank you Jerry for signing Romo to that 6-year extension and keeping Garrett through 2014.

Signed,

Eagles’ fans everywhere

73. tremoluxman says: Nov 22, 2013 2:49 PM

You are what your record says you are. Mediocre.

74. bearshaterseverywhere says: Nov 22, 2013 3:00 PM

Hence my reason for saying earlier this week “It would suck to be a Cowboys fan.”

75. halbert53 says: Nov 22, 2013 3:03 PM

A journalism professor once told our class to never write that somebody. “Thinks” something because we don’t know what they “think,” only what they say or do. Based on what Jerry Jones has said and done while he had owned the Cowboys , it is pretty obvious he doesn’t “think.”

76. crubenst says: Nov 22, 2013 3:04 PM

This is why there are antitrust laws and why it is a mistake to exempt the NFL. He can hold Dallas hostage and keep trotting out a bad team under his direction and they have to take it because there’s no alternative.

77. cgsuddeath says: Nov 22, 2013 3:08 PM

HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!.I like Jerry as a owner but not as a GM.

78. usdcoyotesfan says: Nov 22, 2013 3:15 PM

And JFK’s guards think they did their best on this day 50 years ago.

Whatever you’ve gotta tell yourself, Jerry.

79. fissels says: Nov 22, 2013 3:22 PM

I’m tired and frustrated with this subject. Jerry will never admit his failings nor will he relinquish the job of GM.

80. 1phd says: Nov 22, 2013 3:23 PM

Right Jerry, great job of fielding a .500 team for sixteen seasons! Congratulations and may you continue with at least sixteen more!

81. tory707 says: Nov 22, 2013 3:28 PM

Please Jerry live forever and continue in your GM role!!!

82. melikefootball says: Nov 22, 2013 3:28 PM

Thanks for the update.

83. abninf says: Nov 22, 2013 3:37 PM

briang123 says:

Signed,

Eagles’ fans everywhere
    ====================================

There should be some rule banning fans of teams with zero Superbowl wins from talking smack.

84. yvesracine says: Nov 22, 2013 3:38 PM

Being a life long Cowboy fan living in Green Bay, Jerrah’s words makes me want to start cheering for the home team. Did I just say that?!?

85. malvaren18 says: Nov 22, 2013 3:39 PM

Who is going to disagree with you in Texas, your the Owner.

86. texansdude says: Nov 22, 2013 3:40 PM

I moved to Houston in the mid 90’s from Dallas. It killed me to get away from my Cowboys, the best team in the league…..then he turned into the Jerry we just shake our head at today. Hiring Parcells was a sign of hope, but firing him was the nail in the coffin. The Texans aren’t panning out this year, but I think they’ll bounce back. The Cowboys are in a permanent Jones family limbo, and I don’t find it funny at all.

87. 1964bclions says: Nov 22, 2013 3:46 PM

619sdfan4life says: Nov 22, 2013 1:22 PM

So did Al Davis before he died. Jerry thinks he can still run a team like he did in the 90′s. Cowboys won’t do anything until they hire a GM. Jerry needs to sit back and stop trying to manage the team…
    ———————————————————

Comparing Al Davis to Jerry Jones is like comparing the Bible to Hustler Magazine.

88. toonloonboon says: Nov 22, 2013 3:48 PM

cmon. tell me. if you could own the team you love right now, tell me you wouldnt want to be its GM and be involved in all of those roster building decisions. the only way youd say no is if the team you love already is great at it.

89. whyamiacowboysfanagain says: Nov 22, 2013 3:51 PM

Hard to justify a “GM” who in 16 years, has a .500 record (133-133), including a 1-6 postseason record, with no SB’s appearances. That being said, the man is 71 years old and it shouldn’t be much longer before we have a “new” GM.

90. toonloonboon says: Nov 22, 2013 3:51 PM

1964bclions says:

———————————————————

—–

uh…no its not. comparing those two would be closer to comparing cheri magazine to hustler

91. ratsfoiledagain says: Nov 22, 2013 3:55 PM

abninf says: Nov 22, 2013 3:37 PM

briang123 says:

Signed,

Eagles’ fans everywhere
    ====================================

————–
    Why, and who put you in charge? When you get down to the nitty gritty, fans play a very small part in a teams success. Superbowl wins or not…

92. chinahand11 says: Nov 22, 2013 4:05 PM

“Jerry Jones is doing a great job!” <— Seen spray painted on a wall in Bizarro World.

93. fissels says: Nov 22, 2013 4:14 PM

Jerry’s the GM and there’s not a damn thing we can do about it. Nothing.

94. ripster65 says: Nov 22, 2013 4:24 PM

toonloonboon says:
    Nov 22, 2013 3:48 PM
    —————————-
    I can see that. Problem w/Jerry is that he’s been doing for so long with mediocre results and refuses to see that he’s no good at it. I “own” my own fantasy league teams for the same reason. I wanted to see if I could build a solid team. Alas, I’m not a very good GM either.

95. dublindemonszfl says: Nov 22, 2013 4:31 PM

I jerry Jones has Alzheimers

96. thinredline69 says: Nov 22, 2013 4:36 PM

Ignorance is Bliss.

97. digitalsasquatch says: Nov 22, 2013 4:45 PM

Jerry is way high.

98. thinredline69 says: Nov 22, 2013 4:52 PM

Thumbs up for those who concur with Jerry’s analysis of himself.

99. bert1913 says: Nov 22, 2013 4:54 PM

if jerry jones the owner fired jerry jones the gm, jerry jones the gm would never get another nfl job.

100. lawyermalloy says: Nov 22, 2013 4:58 PM

I’m not sure “Delusional” is a strong enough word to describe JJ. He try;y believes he had something to do with the 3 Superbowls Dallas won after he purchased the team. In those days, the team was run by “football people”. After firing his buddy Jimmy Johnson, the worst thing that ever happened to the Dallas fan base occurred; they won another SB with Barry Swietzer, (with a team put together by Johnson).
    That last SB, in Jonesy’s eye, showed he didn’t need Johnson and could do it on his own…….We’re still waiting!

101. 1rockyracoon says: Nov 22, 2013 5:01 PM

Keep going, Jerry! With you in charge we’ll never have to worry about the cowboys winning another Super Bowl.

102. whatjusthapped says: Nov 22, 2013 5:03 PM

As a fan of one of the other 31 teams, this is music to our collective ears. When you pick a center in the first round that was graded as a potential 3rd or 4th rounder, the other GM’s had to let out a sigh of relief that the rest of the board was still available and Jerry just wasted another draft pick.

You would think you analyze the last 10 years and make the necessary changes but when you think you are already the smartest guy in the room, what else can you do but sit back and bask in your own glory.

103. 700levelvet says: Nov 22, 2013 5:17 PM

The. “Most mediocre franchise in sports”…

104. demsaintsboyz says: Nov 22, 2013 5:17 PM

I had to read this title like 12 times. Thought I was losing my vision. Nope he really said it. SMH

105. phillyphan420 says: Nov 22, 2013 5:18 PM

May he discover the Fountain of Youth and become immortal.

Signed,

Rest of the NFC East

106. honkerdawg says: Nov 22, 2013 5:42 PM

Amazing an ego like his can fit on this planet

107. rcali says: Nov 22, 2013 5:46 PM

Well, there are usually a few open GM jobs open after the season ends. Maybe he should think about taking his skills to another project since he obviously believes his work is done in Dallas.

108. skins1970 says: Nov 22, 2013 5:50 PM

Skins Fans everywhere hope Jerry stays the Cowboys GM for life.

109. toybkshr says: Nov 22, 2013 5:51 PM

Still .500

110. jayquintana says: Nov 22, 2013 5:53 PM

“You’re absolutely right, Jerry! Don’t let the Negative Nellies get you down. Keep doing what you do.”

Signed,
    The Giants, Eagles, and Redskins

111. hawkforlife says: Nov 22, 2013 6:06 PM

The other funny part about this is every spring through August all the network talking heads say that Dallas has the best talent in the NFL which would mean that Jerry is doing a fantastic job then the Cowboys bottom out and all the same idiots say it’s bad luck or injuries or some other lame excuse as if no other team has any of those problems.

No one will state the truth, their talent sucks and it’s Jerry’s fault.

112. joe93955 says: Nov 22, 2013 6:13 PM

LOL LOL LOL

113. dcstinks says: Nov 22, 2013 6:22 PM

Jerry is planning to start his own comedy act Featuring Jason Garrett as his dummy. Love your thoughts Jerry! Keep Preaching, and may you rule the Cowboys forever!!!

Long Live Jerry!!!

— NFC East Fans

114. 700levelvet says: Nov 22, 2013 6:23 PM

The. “Most mediocre franchise in sports “…

115. tipstopten says: Nov 22, 2013 6:47 PM

I am laughing so hard I can’t express how stupid
    Jerry’s statement is.

116. tipstopten says: Nov 22, 2013 6:58 PM

If Jerry would use his head for something other
    and a “hat rack” the fans would be a lot happier.

117. ripster65 says: Nov 22, 2013 7:16 PM

I’d love to hear some candid thoughts on the job Jerry’s done from some of the Cowboys’ players.

118. packersarethebest says: Nov 22, 2013 7:20 PM

What a joke!

119. officialgame says: Nov 23, 2013 12:29 AM

For a man being kept alive on an artificial respirator I think he has done a dang good job.

120. justsayin23 says: Nov 24, 2013 8:52 PM

Isn’t it time to keel off yet?

121. worknman24hours says: Nov 25, 2013 10:37 AM

You can hate Jerry Jones for being clueless to the damage he does to his team for not hiring a proper GM but the guy is a true blue and silver blood running Cowboys Football fan.

He loves the sport and his team and it’s fans too.

Jerry wants to see his team win Super bowls.

But he wants a lot of the credit for that too.

There is the issue.

But I’ve gone from not liking the man to understanding him and you know, having someone that genuinely cares about the football team you root for is refreshing.

I’m a Washington fan and having the iceman as an owner,I can see the difference believe me.