Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman likes to talk. And so he becomes a natural candidate for an NFL Films microphone.
Sherman was wired during Sunday’s game against Minnesota, and the results are available for public consumption at the team’s official website.
Here’s a sampling of some of Sherman’s sound.
1. To no one in particular: “It’s 1-0. We ain’t worried about no 10-1. We’re worried about beating their ass.”
2. To receiver Cordarrelle Patterson: “You’re not strong enough. You need to lift a little more.”
3. To receiver Joe Webb: “You’re sorry. It’s a waste of my time. It’s a waste of my time. It’s a waste of time out here.”
4. To Webb later: “You suck.”
5. To Webb even later: “That’s it? That’s it? You suck. You so weak. You a waste of my time.”
Sherman didn’t have anything to say after he was burned by receiver Jarius Wright, biting on a move and then watching Wright run by him for a touchdown.
But Sherman got the last laugh, with a 41-20 win.
“Man, it’s too damn cold out here,” he said as he walked off the field.
At least the cold air will help prepare him for a February game the Seahawks seemed to be destined to play in New Jersey.