Jones-Drew, Jones reunite in Houston

Jones-Drew Getty Images

Sunday’s unwatchable game of the week, featuring 1-9 Jacksonville at 2-8 Houston, offers scant story lines beyond the race to the bottom of the standings, and in turn the top of the draft.

Here’s another:  Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew will be getting back together with the man who use to serve as his lead blocker.

“Our friendship is still very strong,” Jones-Drew said regarding Texans fullback Greg Jones, via Hays Carlyon of the Florida Times-Union. “Our kids play together. Our wives are close. It’s going to be exciting to see him finally. I told him that I wish him the worst of luck and all those good things. I hope he stays healthy and has a horrible game.”

Jones and Jones-Drew spent seven seasons together before Jones joined the Texans.

“That’s one of my closest friends,” Jones said. “I’ve got some things to tell him. I think I’m going to tell him that out there on Sunday.”

The fans will likely be telling Jones and his current teammates more than a few things on Sunday, especially if Jones’ former teammates find a way to outscore the home team.

Permalink 5 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Rumor Mill
5 Responses to “Jones-Drew, Jones reunite in Houston”
  1. elmaxoh says: Nov 23, 2013 12:45 PM

Greg Jones was so important for MJD you can see the difference when he left Jacksonville

2. foothillfrank says: Nov 23, 2013 12:53 PM

“Unwatchable?” Easy for a dilettante to create exaggerated categories and specious matchups involving players who never really meet head to head in a game. Real fans should want to know that this game, as every Houston game, will offer the opportunity to see one of the best defensive players in the league, if not one of the best ever, in J. J. Watt. For those with natural curiosity about personnel or changes in the game, Texans quarterback Case Keenum, whose record-breaking career in college didn’t earn him a call in the draft, has been an interesting study and may represent a reason for scouts to rethink how they project players to the next level, especially for teams who use a lot of college-like plays at the next level. No need to denigrate a game just for the sake of narrow minded showbiz here.

3. thirdistheworrd says: Nov 23, 2013 2:22 PM

___________
    I wish football players would be this honest more often. “Coach McGillicuddy has put together a really strong group this season, the Fighting Jackrabbits are a really tough team right now, so we just need to go out there and play our best this Sunday.”
    Stop it, be real:
    “Coach McGillicuddy has put together a really strong group this season, the Fighting Jackrabbits are a really tough team right now, [but I hope they really choke this week. I don't want anyone to get hurt, but I want their O-line to forget their blcoking assignments all game long. Their RB is a really good runner, I like him, and I hope he has a long and successful career, I just hope puts the ball on the ground like 3 or 4 times on Sunday.]“

4. thirdistheworrd says: Nov 23, 2013 2:25 PM

foothillfrank says: Nov 23, 2013 12:53 PM
    No need to denigrate a game just for the sake of narrow minded showbiz here.
    _____
    Have you not seen the media before?

5. johnelwayishorsefaced says: Nov 23, 2013 3:49 PM

So you’ve actually been to the future and watched the game and it was unwatchable?
    Where did you get the time machine? I would love to give it a try.