Panthers-Saints flexed into prime time

Getty Images

Three months ago, a Falcons-Packers game was ripe for prime time.

But with both teams underperforming, and the Panthers and Saints playing as well as anyone in the league right now, the decision was easy.

The NFC South showdown has been flexed into Sunday Night Football for Week 14.

At the moment, the Saints (9-2) have a one-game lead over the Panthers (8-3), so the game will be crucial for the division title.

And with the East and North floundering, the winner of that game will have a considerable advantage when it comes to a bye week in the first round of the NFC playoffs.

41 responses to “Panthers-Saints flexed into prime time

1. I feel sorry for the Panthers. Getting flexed to play the Saints in primetime at home is just a death sentence.

2. I thought the death sentence was playing at San Fran. Then I heard the death sentence was playing Tom Brady on Monday Night. Maybe this is finally it maybe not. Carolina will be ready to Keep Pounding so New Orleans…. “Ice up,son. Ice up”-Smitty

3. Where are the panthers trolls talking about how the saints barely beat the falcons? Miami gave carolina all the could handle and then some. Wallace was overthrown on a TD and dropped the game winning TD. Give me NO in the dome all day.

4. I am just excited this could happen to the Panthers. At any point in the past four seasons, this would be unthinkable that they could get flexed into SNF

NO in the Dome will be as hard any any game all year, but Keep Pounding Panthers!

5. You know this is just not right….the Panthers don’t deserve this. It’s bad enough having to play the Saints in the Dome but in prime time they are lethal in there.

6. nfl4days, in Carolina’s defense, they just came off TWO huge games and one of them being on MNF vs. the Patroits, so this is what they called a trap game. for the Saints, they usually struggle on the road. as for this game, i think the Saints win it. at home, the Saints are very good.

7. Drew Brees is 6 feet, a little bit taller than average. Also that “midget” is gonna have a bust in canton to go along with that ring. Dont forget that. Should be a great game regardless.

8. rjkilla says:
    Nov 24, 2013 10:47 PM

only thing i’m worried about is getting penalized for hitting that midget the saints got playing QB
    ————————————————————————

You should be worried that midget QB makes your D look foolish.

9. Good call. I don’t understand why there are ties in the league and wish they’d flex that rule, but I do like the nfl flexing these schedules. They should do it often.

Also, does anybody watch monday night football anymore? Sure it may win in ratings but that’s more of a default deal. I think it has completely lost its intrigue.

10. As a falcon fan I’d rather see Carolina win the division than the Saints. So Brees can lose yet again on the road in the playoffs. Those stuck up saints are the most annoying whiney team in the division. Oh and Cam is an ATL boy so it’s nice to see him prosper. Go Panthers go! Coming from the rise up nation
    Saint

11. rjkilla says:
    Nov 24, 2013 10:47 PM
    ——-
    LOL it’s so funny to hear people talk about that like it’s an insult.
    I mean #9 won a Super Bowl and the panthers haven’t so LOL.
    Not to mention that he has records that will stand for years. Cam Newton won’t even play as long as Brees because he’s a runner and you don’t see any successful 30 year old running quarterbacks.

12. come on folks the Panthers Have beaten Saints at home before & the Dolphins game was all about missing our best pass rush & team not playing hard enough in the 1st half

as for the Wallace was overthrown on a TD and dropped the game winning TD crap give me a break the Panthers made one mistake & lost the Seahawks & one mistake by Jon Beason & they lost to the Bills so stop think……..
    BUT ICE UP SON

13. nfl4days says:
    Nov 24, 2013 10:35 PM
    *************************

Just tell your guys to be ready to play against Seattle or they might drop 2 in a row.

14. Anything is possible on any given day. The Saints just got done putting up a whole 17 points on a putrid, injured Falcons defense. Carolina’s front 7 is miles better than Atlanta’s. We also have a better offense. We have proven we can win track meets and 10-9 slugfests. It’s going to be a fabulous game that won’t be decided until late. Ice up, Saints!

15. Drew Brees makes me laugh when he stands on his tippy toes and tilts his head back just to see over the line. NO coach is the true MVP. You saw how well Brees faired without him. Just FYI…Dolphins are no pushover they are a good team going through a tough time.

16. rjkilla says:
    Nov 24, 2013 10:47 PM
    ============================
    The same midget that you would LOVE to have QB’ing your team lol

17. thundastormz says:
    Nov 25, 2013 9:40 AM
    I’d take Cam over Brees any day. Brees will be done in 5 years while Cam will be hitting his stride! Mark my words!
    =====================
    You would take an unproven-in-the-postseason QB that holds his head down and puts a towel over it DURING A LOSS over a sure-fire first ballot HOFer that’s won a Super Bowl and has at least 4 or 5 years left in the tank… WOW lol

18. The fact that the biggest knock you have on the guy is the fact that he puts a towel on his head like Michael Jordan speaks volumes. Cam is football’s MJ. The rings are coming….dont believe me just watch.

19. Only a panthers fan would take Cam over Brees. If you play fantasy I’ll trade you RGIII for Peyton Manning. Great deal by your logic.

20. Only thing icing up is Cam after we whip him back to the pouting man child He is. After watching yesterday and the Pats game this team is overdue for a loss.

21. thundastormz says:
    Nov 25, 2013 9:40 AM
    ________
    I understand the favoritism to your QB but this is so far off the mark it’s laughable.
    Cam is a QB that uses his legs to win games. Name me a running QB that played successfully into his 30’s.
    I can only think of one.
    Steve Young.
    The others? Cunningham, McNabb, Vick, never won anything and once their legs began to fade they never had developed the ability to read a defense which you need to succeed. Cam Newton is no different so he’d better win them now while his legs are still fresh.

22. thundastormz says:
    Nov 25, 2013 11:27 AM
    =========================
    At least wait till he wins a playoff game before you go annointing the next NFL version of MJ

23. taintedsaints2009 says:
    Nov 25, 2013 12:48 AM

_____
    Well, I watched it last week, but if the Panthers weren’t involved I probably wouldn’t have watched.

The NFL brass has let the unprecedented success go to its head. They’ve added more Thursday night games, and the Monday night games aren’t going anywhere. They think we want a game every day. So now we have Thursday, Sunday and Monday night games. Eventually RG1 is going to want to add a Friday and Saturday night game to the mix. Pesonally, I’d like to see 14 Sunday daytime games and 2 prime time games. But I think the ship has sailed.

24. NO coach is the true MVP. You saw how well Brees faired without him.

—————————–

Yep. 5,000 plus yards and 43 touchdowns.

25. thundastormz says: Nov 25, 2013 8:54 AM

==================================

The Dolphins were 3 – 0 when they played the Saints. They sure looked like a pushover after losing 38 – 17.

It’s nice that you Panthers fans have something to be excited about again but excuse me if we’re a little more occupied with Seattle at the moment. come to think of it, your team better not be overlooking Tampa Bay. They’re playing a lot better these days.

26. Great points regarding Wallace and Miami. BTW, didn’t Geno and the Jets smoke the Saints or is that typo?

———————————————–
    Didnt yall lose to Buffalo?