Kyle Long fined $7,875 for scuffle in Rams game

90aaa7ce03348c0f1e2c0fbebc0799d4 AP

When the time comes to say what he’s thankful for on Thursday, Bears guard Kyle Long might note that he’s thankful his brother Chris saved him some money last Sunday.

Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports that Long has been fined $7,875 for his part in a scuffle with Rams defensive end William Hayes at the end of a play in the Rams’ win. Chris Long rushed off the bench to get between his younger brother and his teammate, which meant that Kyle’s kick at Hayes didn’t connect.

If it had, the Bears rookie could have been ejected and he certainly would have been fined a larger amount this week. As it was, he received a personal foul during the game before the league took further action.

The Bears have a date with the Vikings this weekend and there won’t be any familial protection on hand should Kyle Long decide to show Robbie Gould his moves again.

Permalink 16 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, Home, Rumor Mill
16 Responses to “Kyle Long fined $7,875 for scuffle in Rams game”
  1. midwaymonster72 says: Nov 27, 2013 3:22 PM

This guy is a freaking psycho. Officially now my favorite player. Keep up the good work!

2. jazsrt says: Nov 27, 2013 3:26 PM

If I were him I would appeal.

I thought it’d be north of 15K for that lapse in judgement.

3. jazsrt says: Nov 27, 2013 3:27 PM

*wouldnt

4. larryboodry says: Nov 27, 2013 3:31 PM

Sounds about right…I gotta laugh at the Rams and Kitty fans claiming this makes Long worse the Donkey Kong.

5. wjarvis says: Nov 27, 2013 3:34 PM

I thought it’d be higher, I wonder if the fact that the play should have been blown dead impacted the amount. I’m a bears fan and I get the feeling this probably won’t be his only fine.

6. patsbrat says: Nov 27, 2013 3:34 PM

In the NBA Chris Long would get fined for leaving the bench. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up getting fined here too. But kudos to Chris for doing right by his brother.

7. bearshaterseverywhere says: Nov 27, 2013 3:39 PM

Suh is smiling right now, he’s like “thank god it ain’t me or one of my dirty teammates…for once”.

8. schmitty2 says: Nov 27, 2013 3:47 PM

Chirs literally saved his brother at least 10k if not more and a possible supension. He was ready to lay a “Suh” on Hayes.

9. sfraider says: Nov 27, 2013 3:51 PM

Big bro saved him what at least 10k? I wish I could get 10k for all the times my big bro saved my azz.

10. chicagobtech says: Nov 27, 2013 4:00 PM

@patsbrat

In the NHL, Chris Long would get a ten game suspension for going over the boards. Comes out to a hair over two football games worth of time.

11. tom3565 says: Nov 27, 2013 4:15 PM

I find it funny that very little happens when you can see him looking like his gave a kick at the Rams player on his back. Typical NFL with not being consistent with fines and penalties.

12. vdogg says: Nov 27, 2013 4:19 PM

For all the grief the Bears got after drafting him he’s been nothing but solid on that o-line. He’s got the right temperament to play the position…as a football fan you have to like his game, as a Bears fan I love it.

13. pdennis33 says: Nov 27, 2013 4:28 PM

I still can’t believe I haven’t seen one replay of what actually led to this happening. All the cameras showed during the game was the football, and then they panned over when Long was on top of Hayes, but I still don’t know what Hayes did leading up to it. From everything I’ve seen from Kyle Long, he doesn’t just go after guys. Whenever he has done something like that, it’s always been to protect a teammate, so I have to believe Hayes did something to a teammate Long didn’t like, and I still have no idea what led to Hayes being on the ground. Hard to believe there’s not one network camera that caught it all.

14. motownmatt says: Nov 28, 2013 12:53 AM

First play Chris Long has made his whole career. The media gives this guy a free pass because of his old man. He’s a bust that wears makeup and is given a career free pass.

15. lovethelions says: Nov 29, 2013 12:11 PM

What did his mom say after the game??? Howie seems to ‘fear’ her, so maybe she can talk some sense into this kid.

Good thing his older brother was there…that must have been embarrassing in the Bears’ locker room! LOL

16. dku5 says: Nov 29, 2013 12:12 PM

I wish they would explain the reasoning behind the dollar amount. Did they knock off $25 becasue $7,900 is too high?