Tramon Williams thought he was shoving Lion when he shoved official

8083f1d0c8ecee8ebbdd302b362690a3 Getty Images

Perhaps the only thing worse than getting crushed by a 40-10 score on national television is paying for the right to do it.

That’s the situation that Packers cornerback Tramon Williams is likely to find himself in next week when the NFL hands out fines. Williams was penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct for giving a shove to back judge Dino Paganelli after Joique Bell ran for a touchdown early in the fourth quarter of the loss.

Williams explained after the game that he wasn’t expressing any animosity toward Paganelli or the officiating in general, but was reacting to a Lions player bumping him as he celebrated the Detroit touchdown just before coming into contact with the official.

“The referee must have come and just walked right in front of me and grazed me,” Williams said, via the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “I don’t know if he was trying to hold me or what. He just grazed me and I kind of knocked his arm off me. I was already frustrated. It was just an emotion thing.”

There’s no sign that Williams was arguing with Paganelli before they came together or that he was even looking in the direction of the collision, which could be mitigating factors when the league makes a decision about any further punishment.

Permalink 28 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Home, Rumor Mill
28 Responses to “Tramon Williams thought he was shoving Lion when he shoved official”
  1. conormacleod says: Nov 29, 2013 10:50 AM

Any contact with an official in that situation should have been an ejection. Period.

2. tokyosandblaster says: Nov 29, 2013 10:56 AM

That was dumb. They look nothing alike.

Come on, Tramon. You’re making it too easy for contra’s many screen names to make fun of you and then give the post thumbs up.

3. ziggystheansah says: Nov 29, 2013 10:58 AM

And the Lions thought they were playing a high school team,LOL!

4. hmmm71 says: Nov 29, 2013 10:58 AM

Sounds like an excuse similar to what my 4 yr old would come up with.

5. clg82 says: Nov 29, 2013 11:07 AM

I’ll admit that my post is irrelevant to this story but while reading all of the packers headline this morning it’s hilarious to see all of the Detroit fans get so excited about a depleted Packers team losing when they haven’t won the division in YEARS! idiots……..

6. lks311 says: Nov 29, 2013 11:13 AM

U mad bro?

7. lks311 says: Nov 29, 2013 11:16 AM

clg82 says:
    Nov 29, 2013 11:07 AM
    ——
    I laugh every time I read these references of, “fans getting excited…”. Of course they’re excited. The Packers have owned the Lions and Detroit just embarrassed them on National TV—no less after being called “Scumbags”.

Your team got abused. Just shut up and take it like a man…or like Josh Sitton.

8. usm418 says: Nov 29, 2013 11:19 AM

What’s hilarious was the whooping the Scumbags put on the chatty Packers & their obnoxious fan base!

9. linemanguy74 says: Nov 29, 2013 11:22 AM

Can’t fix stupid !!

10. thetruthcampaign says: Nov 29, 2013 11:24 AM

Scum.

11. yvesracine says: Nov 29, 2013 11:25 AM

This is your starting corner packer nation. Cant tell the difference between ref and opposing team. Explains alot based on his performance.

12. tincansailor981 says: Nov 29, 2013 11:26 AM

Enjoy your fine and suspension

13. tonyc920 says: Nov 29, 2013 11:29 AM

We were beat down and humiliated, granted it’s a shell of what we really should be but those are the trials and tribulations of the NFL. Packer fans, the sun comes up tomorrow and there’s always the chance we come back stronger minus Capers. Were done for this year but there’s next year to look forward to.
    Detroit fans are pumped, looking for blood, but the reality is New Orleans or Seattle will shred them in the playoffs and once again they cry as it’s been 50+ years since smelling a championship game.

14. hoss408 says: Nov 29, 2013 11:32 AM

Personally I think the refs should realize there is a lot of emotion in the game of football. He barely pushed him. Who cares. Don’t be so sensative refs.

15. gallopinggilmore says: Nov 29, 2013 11:34 AM

Easy. Don’t shove anyone. What is sportsmanlike about shoving even an opposing player after a play?

16. laserw says: Nov 29, 2013 11:39 AM

The NFL is a joke – how can you fine someone for something the referees didn’t notice and for which no penalty was called. All on the field policing should be done by the referees and if the situation was not called on the field, then the minute the gun sounds, the penalities/fines should immediately disappear.

17. buyamericanonly says: Nov 29, 2013 11:47 AM

It was after the play and he was looking to shove a Lions player. Funny, Green Bay Fans tell everyone how dirty The Lions are for the extra curricular yet its okay when they do it? Should have been an automatic ejection, Suh would have been ejected and thrown out of the Nfl.

18. ahs2 says: Nov 29, 2013 11:49 AM

Yeah, maybe the refs should wear black and white striped shirts and hats differentiating them from the players! And shoving a player after you just got scored on is not exactly “sportsmanlike” anyway, tool!

19. tigers182 says: Nov 29, 2013 11:49 AM

So he’s admitting to try and attack a Lion after the play? Doesn’t that make him a scumbag according to Packers definition?

20. lovethelions says: Nov 29, 2013 11:51 AM

Yes, because our Lions uniforms looks just like an official’s black and white shirt…what an idiot!

Go LIONS!!!

21. liondoc says: Nov 29, 2013 11:56 AM

I think that half of the fine should be paid by Suh because…..just because!

I love it when certain fanbases rejoice in victories , and “but but but but but” when their team loses!

22. dahmergeinteam says: Nov 29, 2013 12:16 PM

Hey, shoving bodies in the trenches happens.

23. aa1829 says: Nov 29, 2013 1:44 PM

We got our butts whooped, bad. No doubt about it, and the worst I have seen in a very long time, maybe ever. But every player pushes and walks into other players after every play. Can’t we all just get along. We are all fans of football, and while some smack talk is fun, just ask me, no need to hate all the time. If the Lions win the division I think they will be one and done in the playoffs, no offense, just what I think, but I will be routing for them as a Packer fan. Now tone down the hate, please you scum bags, just kidding.

24. gtodriver says: Nov 29, 2013 1:47 PM

@laserw

You do realize that Williams WAS flagged or unsportsmanlike conduct.

I still don’t agree with you’re convoluted logic, but wanted to point out that like most Packer fans, you have the basic facts wrong.

25. grumpyoleman says: Nov 29, 2013 3:05 PM

Packers are dirty

26. filthymcnasty1 says: Nov 29, 2013 4:12 PM

Well, at least I feel better about Tramon’s chances of shutting down Ed Hochuli.

27. rl7911 says: Nov 29, 2013 5:44 PM

Don’t forget that Tramon Williams lost it earlier in the game and kicked Joseph Fauria which wasn’t flagged, but I’m sure the league will be reviewing that and handing a hefty fine.

Stay classy Packers.

28. logiclevoicesays says: Nov 30, 2013 1:11 AM

I remember seeing a post some time ago from Tokyo:

“All we need is Seneca Wallace and who cares what happens to Rodgers.”

#imDumbLikeTedThompson