Elvis Dumervil unlikely to play on Sunday

Getty Images

It looks like the Ravens have a better shot of having tight end Dennis Pitta in the lineup against the Vikings than linebacker Elvis Dumervil.

Coach John Harbaugh said Friday that there’s a “reasonable chance” that Pitta plays for the first time this season, but Dumervil is listed as doubtful for the game as a result of the ankle injury that kept him out of practice all week. Harbaugh called Dumervil a game-time decision, although the designation means the Ravens believe that Dumervil has only a 25 percent chance of playing.

If Dumervil, the team leader in sacks, is out of the lineup, Courtney Upshaw will likely see a boost in playing time.

Defensive tackle Chris Canty and cornerback Lardarius Webb are listed as questionable for the Ravens after limited participation in practice this week. Cornerback Jimmy Smith is probable after passing through the league’s concussion protocol.

20 responses to “Elvis Dumervil unlikely to play on Sunday

1. crownofthehelmet says:
    Dec 6, 2013 4:11 PM

Has he even played yet this year? Can’t tell.
    ————————–
    He has 1.5 fewer sacks than Worilds & Woodley combined.

2. “He has 1.5 fewer sacks than Worilds & Woodley combined.”

That’s impressive – less sacks than someone injured a bunch of games, and his replacement. Well worth the money.

3. crownofthehelmet says:
    Dec 6, 2013 4:11 PM

Has he even played yet this year? Can’t tell.
    ————————–
    He has 1.5 fewer sacks than Worilds & Woodley combined.

crownofthehelmet
    Dec 6, 2013, 4:41 PM EST
    “He has 1.5 fewer sacks than Worilds & Woodley combined.”

4. Elvis is amongst the league leaders in sacks. I know most Steelers fans have a 2nd grade education level but try harder.

I would be willing to bet you don’t know any steeler fans because you haven’t reached the second grade yet…..but try harder they say the tenth time is a charm.

5. Nofoolnodrool wrote:
    (Dec 6, 2013 5:47 PM)

“I would be willing to bet you don’t know any steeler fans. . . .”

By the way, ever hear why there are so many Steeler fans not in that city in SW PA? Maybe it was because of tremendously bad economics in the area during the 1980s until the end of the 1990s drove people away from the area? I used to work with several people who grew up in SW PA who moved away to get a job – there were NO jobs for them in SW PA.

6. A round-about way to admit that there is no Steeler nation? Or that supposed Steeler nation is a real patchwork, some here, none there, etc.?

You wish you had a following like steeler nation. It’s what our little brothers like you want to have when they grow up.keep trying both with second grade and beginning logic.

7. Steeler “nation” is a ripoff of the one true, orginal “nation”: the Raider Nation. Most of us don’t know any Steeler fans because you can’t find Steeler fans when they’re losing.

8. I have no clue why I signed this guy. The Steelers destroyed him 2x’s this year. He cost us the 1st game with all of his blunders. I should of faxed him his release after that game we took a beating. Ozzie Knows!

9. crownofthehelmet says:
    Dec 6, 2013 4:41 PM
    “He has 1.5 fewer sacks than Worilds & Woodley combined.”

—————
    Not really. Dumervil has played 466 snaps. Worilds and Woodley a combined 1118.

10. Dumervil has played 466 snaps? I’m no mathematician, but that’s less than 40 snaps per game. Conditioning problems are no fun.

11. crownofthehelmet says:
    Dec 7, 2013 11:16 AM
    ————
    So your original point was about quantity, not quality? Excuse me for answering a stupid question, then.

12. Come on buzz, you know I slide my measures accordingly. Dum and Sizzle are the first two, and probably the only, I’d grab to join us. Good luck with no injuries Sunday boys, but of course I hope you loose. Good day.

13. Shawn Phillips has .5 less sacks than this clown (or traitor whatever you wana call him). And we are only paying him 1 mil a year. Yeah good lie about a faulty fax machine. You’ll be watching your old team prevail in the playoffs from the couch