Jamaal Charles is getting better as the year goes

Jamaal Charles, E.J. Biggers AP

Yesterday’s weather conditions made a mess of many game plans.

But for the Chiefs, the sorrier the conditions, the better things are looking for Jamaal Charles.

Jamaal continues to be the best,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said, via Randy Covitz of the Kansas City Star. “He’s as good as they come.”

Charles had 19 carries for 151 yards yesterday against the Redskins, the latest in a series of strong performances as the weather gets colder. He’s averaging 7.3 yards per carry over the last three games.

“I knew I was going to get the ball the whole day, because of the type of weather that was outside,” Charles said. “I knew everyone was saying, ‘It’s your type of day.’ But it doesn’t matter what type of day, . . .  it’s every day for me. No matter what kind of weather conditions, I love to get the ball anyway.”

“I’ve been playing in Kansas City for six years, so I’m kind of used to it. You’ve got to suck it up. It’s football right here, and you’ve got to out there and play, no matter what the conditions outside, . . . sleet, snow, you got to go.”

While Charles isn’t a power running per se, his ability to make one decisive move and go is huge for the Chiefs, and can only help them the later in the year they go.

Permalink 17 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Kansas City Chiefs, Rumor Mill
17 Responses to “Jamaal Charles is getting better as the year goes”
  1. thepftpoet says: Dec 9, 2013 11:29 AM

Top 5 RBs in the NFL:

1. Adrian Peterson
    2. Adrian Peterson
    3. Adrian Peterson
    4. Adrian Peterson
    5. Jamaal Charles

2. gfh71 says: Dec 9, 2013 11:38 AM

Very clever putting AP in the top four spots and then listing JC. What an incredible wit you have.

3. jjackwagon says: Dec 9, 2013 11:39 AM

AP is a better running back. JC is a better football player.

4. ravenswhat says: Dec 9, 2013 11:49 AM

Stud.

5. shayeezy says: Dec 9, 2013 11:52 AM

JC is not strictly a power runner, but he runs with as much power and toughness as anyone in the league. combine that with his burst, vision, olympic speed, and ability as a receiver, and he’s the most complete back in the game.

peterson and mccoy may break more ankles with their highlight reel jukes, but neither of those guys and no other running back in NFL history has been as productive as charles on a per carry basis.

6. kcflake says: Dec 9, 2013 12:10 PM

AP is a Great Player, but I will take Jamall Charles Every Day of the Week. The Dude Delivers Every game. AP seems to disappear at times for the vikings. jamall is an Incredible Leader as well. I would take him over AP any day of the week. Go Chiefs!!!

7. theptfpoet says: Dec 9, 2013 12:12 PM

The Vikings are bad… and they should feel bad.

8. arowchief says: Dec 9, 2013 12:14 PM

You’re gonna be sorry this week Toronto

9. nosmak40 says: Dec 9, 2013 12:29 PM

I swear if I didn’t know any better Toronto and poet are the same person.

10. blackchief29 says: Dec 9, 2013 12:45 PM

Leader & stud. Proud that he’s a Kansas City Chief!

11. doe22us says: Dec 9, 2013 1:06 PM

With Jamal and Lesean on my fantasy team i expect them to ride roughshod to championship..

12. johninthewest says: Dec 9, 2013 1:17 PM

Team is still a fraud though!

13. haleyistheman00 says: Dec 9, 2013 3:37 PM

Haters gonna hate. Someone explain to me why the 10-3 chiefs are a fraud??? The 11-2 Broncos have 1 more win than the chiefs and they play the same schedule. I guess the Broncos are frauds then. Chiefs beat 1/3 of the league. That’s the way it is! Crazy after watching this team all year they are getting better!

14. johninthewest says: Dec 9, 2013 4:22 PM

They’re just not a overall good football team period. Again, who have they played?? Great…everyone back on the bandwagon this week after beating a 3-9 team! Congrats!

15. blackchief29 says: Dec 9, 2013 7:27 PM

Johninthewest is like the kid born into riches. He fails to realize how much of a self righteous brat he is and that he somehow earned his riches. News for John, w/o PM, Denver is mediocre at best. The most vulnerable paper tiger team in the league. One hit away from the crapper…..Johninthejohn

16. jjackwagon says: Dec 9, 2013 10:17 PM

Johnnieistheleast will enjoy another one and done year in the playoffs with his team. LMAO

17. mrwise66mrwise66 says: Dec 10, 2013 8:00 PM

I had the #2 pick in my draft & seleceted JC.
    I would not have taken AP {1st pick} if he would have fallen to #2 because of the history of 2K yrd rushers {They either get injured or have a mediocre following season}