New commercial paints Seahawks fans as lunatics

Seahawks Getty Images

The strong debut season for 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has allowed him to cash in off the field, even if he has yet to cash in on the field.

Among other things, Kaepernick has a deal with Beats by Dre headphones.  In a new commercial advertising the noise-canceling qualities of the latest model, Kaepernick rides on the team bus while a variety of apparent Seahawks fans yell and scream and give him the finger and shout apparent obscenities and actually urinate on the bus.

While the words Seattle and/or Seahawks never appear, many of the fans are clad in the team’s distinctive colors.

As explained by John Boyle of the Everett (Wash.) Daily Herald, Seahawks fans aren’t happy.  And they shouldn’t be.

It’s one thing to paint a fan base as passionate.  It’s quite another to characterize them as a bunch of lunatics.

Especially when Seahawks fans ideally will be buying the headphones, too.

Here’s the ad.  Draw your own conclusions.  Then make your comments below.

Permalink 283 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks
283 Responses to “New commercial paints Seahawks fans as lunatics”
  1. tennis22drew says: Dec 10, 2013 11:00 PM

If the shoe fits…

2. puckster55pics says: Dec 10, 2013 11:04 PM

If they had used Packers fans it would be more believable behavior,next time they should go for accuracy rather than playing it safe with a hated divisional rival-just sayin

3. hawkalougie says: Dec 10, 2013 11:06 PM

They should have gotten John Moffitt to piss on the bus. Then it would have at least been funny. Bad commercial all around

4. Chengez says: Dec 10, 2013 11:06 PM

it’s not a big deal. beats by dre made a similar commercial a few weeks ago with kevin garnett instead of colin kaepernick and it didn’t get any backlash. if new york fans can stand the commercial and not get upset, seattle fans should be able to also

5. hemicharger says: Dec 10, 2013 11:07 PM

It’s a commercial about removing the noise and distractions. Doesn’t look like a slam on Seattle to me.

6. thereisfootballwestofjersey says: Dec 10, 2013 11:07 PM

We really didn’t need a commercial to affirm the fact that Seattle fans are completely nuts. Most compulsive obsessive bag of nuts there is. The only Seattle fan I respect is that one fat guy that always holds up the D-Fence signs. He was there when they sucked. The rest are a bunch of good time Charley’s

7. atleastimnotaraidersfan says: Dec 10, 2013 11:07 PM

Judging by Seahawks fans’ comments in here, I’d say it’s spot on. Most obnoxious fan base in sports.

8. Mr. Wright 212 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:07 PM

What’s your infatuation with the Hawks?

9. pzamora1 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:07 PM

The 12th loon

10. dukeearl says: Dec 10, 2013 11:07 PM

I didn’t really see anything Seahawk related.

Seems like the author is trying to generate something out of nothing.

11. scotttiwata says: Dec 10, 2013 11:08 PM

Meant this: http://youtu.be/SiZtEMSwQmU

12. seahawksteven777 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:09 PM

What is portrayed in the commercial is NOWHERE NEAR what Seahawk fans are like. As a Seahawks fan, I’m offended by this commercial as it portrays the fanbase as a whole as something they are not.

13. alldonesmith says: Dec 10, 2013 11:09 PM

Let’s call a spade a spade, guys.

14. calicokiller49 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:09 PM

Maybe they got the idea from the way they talk about kap on your little blog here Mikey, pretty sure their dislike for. Kap is pretty real, and they pride themselves on being loud and obnoxious towards the visiting team, to get in their head. I’d say this commercial is pretty accurate.

15. chicagogiantsfan says: Dec 10, 2013 11:10 PM

Funny. It sure looks like Dick LeBeau screaming at him at the 2:11 mark.

16. lumjack32 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:10 PM

Great commercial. Hey Seattle: you mad, bro?

17. swaggyy says: Dec 10, 2013 11:11 PM

Lol kaepernick is such a d bag. Anyways were not maniacs, were just fans of the best team in the NFL.

18. Mr. Wright 212 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:12 PM

Oh wait, Super Bowl XL. Makes sense now.

19. swaggyy says: Dec 10, 2013 11:13 PM

Kaepernick couldn’t block out the noise at CenturyLink

20. maiphatdong says: Dec 10, 2013 11:13 PM

suckers buying cheap ass overpriced headphones just for a name.

21. fdugrad says: Dec 10, 2013 11:13 PM

Well, a good parody has grains of truth. On the other hand, maybe the reaction wouldn’t have been that extreme if he wore a Dolphin hat!

22. mbauer8286 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:14 PM

Meh, who cares, I don’t see anything particularly offensive about the commercial. Besides, every team has their crazies.

23. argofckyourself says: Dec 10, 2013 11:15 PM

Seahawks fans are nothing more than a gimmick fan base who fill a gimmick stadium. I’ve never seen a fan base so obsessed with just being noticed by EVERYBODY by pulling publicity stunts like flying a banner over Candlestick (money well spent, by the way) or trying to set world records for how loud they can be. They’re a perfect fit for the team they root for, which is full of cheaters, liars, loudmouths and braggers who have yet to accomplish a single thing in the NFL.

And by the way, Florio, I know you love the Seahawks, but you’re seriously ragging on Kaepernick for “cashing in off the field”? How many commercials has Russell Wilson been in this season, and what in the world did he accomplish last year? I know he sure didn’t lead his team to the Super Bowl in his first year as a starter like Kaep did. Rookie of the Year? Nope. Division winner? Nope. All he’s known for is being the guy who the replacement refs awarded a game to in WWE-style fashion.

24. southpaw79 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:16 PM

looks about right.

25. bullethead527 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:16 PM

I swear I seen Richard Sherman and Russell Wilson in the video.

26. benihanagt says: Dec 10, 2013 11:17 PM

Completely inaccurate, Kaep is never smirking while in Seattle. Not on the way in, and especially not on the way out.

27. melsh13 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:17 PM

Yeah. That’s a tad excessive.

28. umphreysrules says: Dec 10, 2013 11:17 PM

Keep the video going…increase the hate. It only serves to motivate the Hawks.

GO HAWKS!

29. biggestsaintsfanever says: Dec 10, 2013 11:18 PM

These seem like the milder Seachicken fans..

30. redjorgy says: Dec 10, 2013 11:18 PM

He’s never won in Seattle. He’s been blown out every time. I’ll take the lunatic fans.

31. skittlesareyum says: Dec 10, 2013 11:18 PM

Is this really a big deal?

32. jags4ever says: Dec 10, 2013 11:20 PM

Lighten up Francis…………just a fun poke

33. redjorgy says: Dec 10, 2013 11:21 PM

Kaepernick comes to Seattle? You’re gonna sell headphones on that? 42-13 and 29-3? You’re gonna need some better headphones.

34. dannomac21 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:21 PM

…………..lmao

35. jsg1996 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:22 PM

Peter King just got offended. Look out MMQB.

36. 5to46hawkfan says: Dec 10, 2013 11:22 PM

Yeah right…. Last stats I heard, 438 people kicked out of candlestick park for being unruley, and 14 felony arrests for disorderly conduct, some against Seattle fans. Last time I checked, zero arrests or kicked out fans at the Clink!!! Go listen to that… This commercial is just stupid. I like the message though… We hear what we want to hear… I’m down with that in life… Fall down, get back up again… Good message! Just don’t think the message venue is accurate, but again… I get it!

37. j0esixpack says: Dec 10, 2013 11:22 PM

It’s just disturbing in a general sense.

And yet, I am compelled to spend $200 on headphones for some inexplicable reason.

38. murraysons says: Dec 10, 2013 11:23 PM

If it were true to life, niner fans would have shown up with knives and shanked the Seattle fans

39. rabidboy says: Dec 10, 2013 11:23 PM

Its amazing what winning can do for a fan-base.

Use to be the Raiders Nation but, um, not. Now they’re extra rejects from a Walking Dead episode.

40. doscs says: Dec 10, 2013 11:23 PM

Cinema Verite

41. goldrush36 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:26 PM

Call me crazy but I doubt they will have many allies on this. They have already earned that rep in record time. Its not like the 49ers made the commercial either. Thats apparently how the company views them.

42. dedicatedhawkfan says: Dec 10, 2013 11:26 PM

2 mistakes with this ad. First the obvious – Kaepernick is a joke. I literally laughed out loud when I saw this on Sunday, so hard I didn’t even notice the commercial was attempting to paint Seahawk fans in a bad light.
    Second mistake…12s are everywhere. …EVERYWHERE and mocking a huge fanbase will backfire because the boycott will be on. NOT because that arrogant, egotistical bicep kissing one season wonder is in the commercial but because the commercial insulted a very large fanbase.

43. packfaninpackland says: Dec 10, 2013 11:27 PM

Seems like a pretty accurate portrayal to me.

44. raiderfansaredelusional says: Dec 10, 2013 11:28 PM

Seems like real life to me. Makes me want to buy some headphones now.

45. hitit49 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:28 PM

wear it!

46. swchiefsfanatic says: Dec 10, 2013 11:29 PM

Hahaha, appears legit to me.

47. bryand1985 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:30 PM

If recall he plays Seattle twice a year and once in seattle so more or less the heckling comes from his own teams fans remember earlier in the season when he was on that slump and that “NOISE” was coming from SF fans why would Seahawks fans bother with him other then the 2 games a year come on not gonna boycott I own a pair of beats actually quite nice but still #GoHawks

48. floridaslonechargersfan says: Dec 10, 2013 11:32 PM

Obviously if you feel uncomfortable watching the commercial, you just need to go buy some of those headphones. You can then put them on and block out everything. I mean, if it works for Colin Kaepernick…

49. nevd83 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:32 PM

Nice ad. If Seahawks fans actually get upset as this then they really need to get a life.

Also, this is the fanbase where plain clothes police officers have to be in the crowd dressed as opposing fans because of the treatment opposing fans get. So I doubt this is that far from reality.

50. calicokiller49 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:33 PM

I am a little confused though, I thought it was us forty whiners who did all the whining….now me personally, I think it would’ve been awesome if this commercial was reversed, and it was Carroll, or dick Sherman, getting yelled at like that by a sea of red and gold, my favorite part was the guy urinating on the bus. Seeing how you know so much about football florio, I’m sure you know how fans behave at the game, I personally don’t go to games , anymore, ( unless I get a free ticket ) the last game I payed to go to, was when he chargers beat my niners a few years ack, and I was minding my own business, not talking trash, watching my niners get rolled on by Vincent Jackson, and I hand people yelling at me throwing trash at me, people getting in my face, drunk girls coming up and getting in my face. It was pretty bad, so all these newfound football fans up in Seattle, who all of a sudden are seahawkfans nor some reason, are gonna get offended? What a joke. Can I say it enough? Baaaaaaaaannd waaaagon!

51. koenig61 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:34 PM

I have to agree with you 100% this is one of the few times where it’s not the media making something out of nothing. Switch this with any other 2 teams, Steelers/Ravens, Patriots /Jets, Cowboys/Redskins, Packers/Bears etc, and the team being portrayed as lunatic fans would be furious. Beats, you dropped the ball big time on this one. Could have made your point without portraying a fan base as lunatics, and there’s no mistaking those are the Seahawks colors whether we see Seahawks logos or not.

52. brooklyn40niner says: Dec 10, 2013 11:36 PM

All of you should recognize that it is an HONOR & PRIVILEGE to watch this kid play QB. Dre does.

#Kaep=livinglegend

53. beardinals says: Dec 10, 2013 11:37 PM

Beats are overpriced crap. Who buys these?

54. seatownballers says: Dec 10, 2013 11:39 PM

Its all the ped’s and adderall. That’s all we have to eat

55. favresweiner says: Dec 10, 2013 11:39 PM

SeAderall Seahawks.

56. nelsja1 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:40 PM

Have to agree w/the PFT assessment. A good rivalry is one thing, but trying to drag things into the mud, a direction toward which this ad clearly takes a step, is just one more example of how our media culture rarely knows how to do anything other than juicing up violent conflict and aberrant behavior, however removed from reality that may be.

57. thebirdofprey2 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:41 PM

Kaepernicks commercial is a little melodramatic but the guy seems unstable to me.

All those names he took down on Twitter that they wanted Alex Smith back, calling him a “one hit wonder”, that he sucked – they were all 49er fans. Real talk.

58. macjacmccoy says: Dec 10, 2013 11:43 PM

tennis22drew says:
    Dec 10, 2013 11:00 PM
    If the shoe fits…

—————————————————

You must acquit?

59. rodge1 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:44 PM

That was a commercial?… I thought it was a documentary about Seattle.

60. dirk504 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:45 PM

Looks pretty accurate to me…

61. slbasegame257 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:45 PM

People can’t help but hate what’s great. GO HAWKS

62. dubblelznhell says: Dec 10, 2013 11:45 PM

Lol

63. alldonesmith says: Dec 10, 2013 11:45 PM

After watching the ad, I’d say it’s pretty accurate

64. disp2 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:45 PM

Totally inaccurate representation. They’re only like that in the comments section of every NFL article on the internet. Not in real life.

65. seatownballers says: Dec 10, 2013 11:47 PM

For the record people, it’s a commercial. Meaning it’s not real. Obviously if it was real, there would be no way anything I’d throw at kaep would miss his nose or ego. The Only scene of conflict would be me stealing his dolphins hat and me pointing to his latest tatoo that says ‘overrated’

Congrats on the win Niners,
    But the season isn’t over and we’re currently split,
    Come back to Seattle for the tie breaker if ya make it

66. FlashPatterson says: Dec 10, 2013 11:48 PM

The Kevin Garnett version is 100x better, because KG is actually a badass. Kaep just prances around and kisses his muscles.

67. aceakking says: Dec 10, 2013 11:49 PM

This is so wrong.

68. xestenz says: Dec 10, 2013 11:52 PM

You mean, those weren’t real Seahawk fans?

69. moss49thteam says: Dec 10, 2013 11:53 PM

At least it was not Oakland…

I am willing to bet that $10.00 to every spot of neon green that everyone involved had fun, to include Mr. Kaepernick…..

Wish I was there, I probably would have walked away with a killer set of headphones.

70. nfl4days says: Dec 10, 2013 11:54 PM

They did one with Kevin Garnett and Knicks fans too. Both commercials seem pretty accurate.

71. pacificnw7722 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:54 PM

Launch a lawsuit……….

GO HAWKS!

72. slugbaitspace says: Dec 10, 2013 11:55 PM

tennis22drew says:
    Dec 10, 2013 11:00 PM

If the shoe fits…
    —————————–
    They’re headphones, numbnut. It’s not a Nike commercial…

73. d0minate says: Dec 10, 2013 11:56 PM

I hear there is a new version of this commercial on Youtube with a more appropriate sound track for Kaep and the “whiners”.

whine (hwn, wn)
    v. whined, whin·ing, whines
    v.intr.
    1. To wear red and gold and utter a plaintive, high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint.

74. siege102 says: Dec 10, 2013 11:57 PM

I am a Seahawks fan and I am a raging lunatic so I think this commercial sums us up perfectly.

75. fumblenuts says: Dec 10, 2013 11:58 PM

This ad SHOULD be pulled immediately. Huge fan of the Hawks here and I would NEVER buy that product.

76. theytukrjobs says: Dec 10, 2013 11:58 PM

This ad would make more sense if Hawks fans weren’t mostly docile northern stoners in reality.

Bears or Eagles fans maybe. But I’ve been to Seattle and… just no.

77. d0minate says: Dec 10, 2013 11:59 PM

not even close to seahawk fans.. colors are all wrong.. probably 9r fans on Sept 15th, 2013 that were waiting at the airport when he got home.

78. coolzog says: Dec 10, 2013 11:59 PM

As a Vikings fan, all the Seahawks fans I’ve met have been nothing but classy, which is more than I can say for their players…

This commercial is kind of ironic considering the violence that has been caused by 49er fans at their home games in recent years….

79. meatcarroll says: Dec 11, 2013 12:02 AM

This Beats campaign is hilariously terrible because the message is “You suck, but our headphones will help you shut out reality and disappear into your own delusions.” The Seahawks stadium is very loud, but I can’t recall any QB looking as completely overwhelmed and utterly shook as Kaepernick does there.

80. ninersreciognizebch says: Dec 11, 2013 12:02 AM

You Mad BRO?

81. dirtysoufsavage says: Dec 11, 2013 12:03 AM

I’ve heard better headphones. Shoot, I had a pair of Klipsch ear buds that blow Beats away. Over priced, over hyped. As far as the commercial goes, no big deal. Some fans are honored to be portrayed as fearsome, others cry about it.

82. cyraider says: Dec 11, 2013 12:04 AM

A few thoughts as I watch:
    1. Is it really a rivalry if the Seahawks and Niners have only been good for the past year?
    2. Man Kaep really looks like King Tut.
    3. Those are the worst rent-a-cops I’ve ever seen.
    4. I feel like he’d have put the headphones on sooner….
    5. This song is awesome.
    6. What’s the deal with the Michael Jackson jacket?
    7. Why are so many of the ‘Seattle’ fans drag queens?
    8. Meh….I liked KG’s better.

83. America's Team is God's Team says: Dec 11, 2013 12:05 AM

Seahawks fans are a classless bunch who are behaving like they dont belong in the realm of fans of teams who have had success. 0 superbowls, and that number will never change

#Wevegot5rings #Cowboys

84. nanananaboobo says: Dec 11, 2013 12:10 AM

As a broncos fan from Portland I totally see this commercial as not far fetched…I went to preseason broncos – Seahawks game this august and left feeling almost unsafe and shocked at the things that were said to me and my 13 year old son for wearing broncos jersey’s…and it wasn’t just a few bad apples

85. staffordsyear says: Dec 11, 2013 12:10 AM

Did he borrow that jacket from Ricky “wild thing” Vaughn?

86. klinkenbeard says: Dec 11, 2013 12:10 AM

yeah who do they think they are? eagles fans?

87. ravensdominate says: Dec 11, 2013 12:16 AM

I’d act that way too if my favorite team had never won a Super Bowl…

88. bigsim57 says: Dec 11, 2013 12:17 AM

As a Seattle resident, I can attest that this accurately reflects the Seahawks fan base…just saying…

89. bears0492 says: Dec 11, 2013 12:17 AM

I see nothing wrong with this portrayal

90. bigsim57 says: Dec 11, 2013 12:19 AM

As a Seattle resident, I can attest that this accurately reflects the Seahawks fan base…just sayin’…

91. theothertyson says: Dec 11, 2013 12:19 AM

Any Niners fan will tell you, it’s not our fans, it’s our stadium design.

92. bigcali4life says: Dec 11, 2013 12:21 AM

A fanbase that tried to buy bricks at the new Niners stadium (which must mean they follow the Niners website and/or social media pages. Obsessive much? ) A fanbase that paid good money to fly a banner over Candlestick Park to let us know they are called the ” 12th Man. ” A fanbase that sees the quarterback for another team in a commercial for Beats is now boycotting the line because the fans in the commercial were dressed in the Seahawks secondary colors.

I wouldn’t call them lunatics. Obsessive, you bet.

It’s funny because I honestly have no beef with the Seahawks. They are a tough, solid team. Maybe because I’m used to the old NFC West? Real rivals were teams like the Cowboys, Falcons, the LA Rams and even the Giants. This is still not a rivalry to me until if/when they play in the playoffs. Trading home wins every year is not a rivalry.

I understand the Hawk fans are excited for having a good team. Good for you, but this obsessive need to follow the 49ers moves is kinda creepy.

Yet, they call us Whiners.

93. jbnola says: Dec 11, 2013 12:21 AM

Seems accurate to me.
    I once saw a Seahawks fan eat a grown man.

94. surebuddy79 says: Dec 11, 2013 12:21 AM

They should have been wearing Eagles colors, that would be more appropriate.

95. bbwasright says: Dec 11, 2013 12:22 AM

Really?! Nevermind the fact the Seahawks fans are much less like that than MANY other teams’ fans (try Oakland, Philadelphia, NY Jets, etc). That was just dumb.

You want to be clever, and to poke fun at Seahawks fans without being offensive? How about you put him on the sideline in Seattle while “the 12th man” (as if no other team uses THAT term) make another stupid attempt to break the loudest fans record and the earphones prevent him from hearing it. That would be clever and poke fun at a team rival without being offensive.

But he, nothing says Dr. DRE like a fan pissing on a bus.

96. hurricanegrabowski says: Dec 11, 2013 12:23 AM

Kaepernick is quite possibly one of the dumbest people to ever play QB in the NFL. He makes Terry Bradshaw look like Neil deGrasse-Tyson.

97. nlauber says: Dec 11, 2013 12:24 AM

Given that he has 1 touchdown, 4 interceptions, and is 0-2 on his combined games in Seattle, those headphones aren’t helping him much.

98. mrlaloosh says: Dec 11, 2013 12:25 AM

Black people in Seattle? Fantasy.

99. peterjohnjoseph says: Dec 11, 2013 12:27 AM

So they just took Garnett out, and put a football team that wears green in, instead of a basketball team that wears green? That must of been the laziest marketing team on the planet.

100. tarkenton2white says: Dec 11, 2013 12:27 AM

Where’s his Dolphins cap?

101. 4d9erdynasty says: Dec 11, 2013 12:29 AM

Their hurting florios feelings. All jokes aside it is pretty harsh, even tho SOME (not all) seahawk fans are arrogant as hell. I think the commercial is way over the top and I am getting sick of seeing kap in these commercials. Get that offense back on track looking closer to what it was late last year and win a SB ring and I wont care how many commercials you do.

102. wholelottaawesome says: Dec 11, 2013 12:32 AM

So it’s a funny concept. It would be more accurate if it had a bunch of sad old men knocking over kids to get his autograph to sell for a profit.

103. balfe13 says: Dec 11, 2013 12:33 AM

Pretty sure this is actually real footage from outside the stadium in Seattle. I love the city, but Seahawks fans are incredibly obnoxious; especially now that they’re finally decent and all the bandwagon fans are jumping up like “hey guys! No, I was here all along! You didn’t see me in the back there? Well I guess I’ll just be louder and more obnoxious now to make up for it. Ok? Ok!”

104. servegmo says: Dec 11, 2013 12:33 AM

cool ad!!!!

105. branun says: Dec 11, 2013 12:34 AM

I am a little disappointed with Florio for taking two days to finally raise this issue. This is an instantly, offensive, and arrogant ad that “literally” paints Hawks fans as freaks and as if they really care about such a muscleless, mediocre QB, who literally drove into an empty parking lot that morning in Seattle before the game. There were no rabid fans throwing coffee at a bus; in fact, there were no Seahawk fans paying any attention to his arrival. And, why would they? His tats are scarier than his play. The biggest mistake of this ad is the misconception that Mr. Kapernick boils the blood of rival fans because of hs big pay ability. You need to be a playmaker to cause such a classless stir; Seahawks fans are not classless (Dre must be spending too much time hanging out with Philly fans). Seahawks would only act as vandalous as depicted in the commercial if a correctional center facility-owned bus was dropping off a convict at a prison to serve a sentence for committing a vicious crime against the human race. For that, Mr. Kapernick should find the ad offensive. But, it does not seem that such an offensive and arrogant ad even crosses his mind. Maybe he believes his own press releases or maybe his tatted body is quite telling. Simply put, I can never see Joe Montana,SteveYoung, or even Elvis Grbac pulling such a stunt and Grbac so far has been much better.

106. sportfanz says: Dec 11, 2013 12:34 AM

No doubt they are Seattle fans…Lunatics is a nice toned down label…which really does fit. Kind of fits some of their big mouth players too. Its a shame they can’t find a way to win with class.

107. orivar says: Dec 11, 2013 12:35 AM

I hate this commercial stuff for every body now. Shouldn’t they have, you know, an established career first? Same with RG3, had commercials before his first snap.

108. postman231 says: Dec 11, 2013 12:36 AM

I would call winning the NFC championship in your 9th start and a career 16-7 cashing in ON the field. But then I expect such unabashedly biased comments from Florio. Seattle is Kap’s rival. Duh. Makes sense to me.

109. dolphincult says: Dec 11, 2013 12:36 AM

Seattle fans are passionate but definitely classy. I have been going to games in Seattle to see my beloved dolphins for years and have always been treated throughout the city with class. That being said I love the commercial and don’t see the problem at all. The other 31 teams should be jealous they aren’t the subject of the commercial.

110. arpy911 says: Dec 11, 2013 12:37 AM

I thought they were Eagles fans.

111. ricosauve49ers says: Dec 11, 2013 12:38 AM

You mad, bro? :)

112. haminator says: Dec 11, 2013 12:38 AM

Seems legit

113. sweetnlow44 says: Dec 11, 2013 12:39 AM

Squidword is such a hardass. Too bad he can’t wear those things under his helmet, it might help him play in Seattle, not just get off the bus.

As an aside… Beats are the most overpriced mediocre headphones ever. It’s amazing people waste so much money on those things. Get some Audio Technica’s at a similar price that absolutely blow Beats away. Shoot, you can get Sony’s for under $100 that sound better than the best Beats.

114. r0b1b0y says: Dec 11, 2013 12:40 AM

it’s a shame that a class act like Russell Wilson has to be overshadowed by this hooligan fan base…..the only thing unrealistic is that Kap does not illicit this type of reaction from these lunatics because he’s no real threat to their PEDefense

115. seattlelgt says: Dec 11, 2013 12:40 AM

I’m sure a lot of non-Seahawks fans will think this ad is dead on, but as a longtime Seahawks fan it couldn’t be further from the truth. We may be loud and passionate, but we’re not violent like the ad would suggest us to be. I’ve gathered over the past couple of years that a lot of football fans think Seahawk fans are obnoxious. But please keep in mind that the people you see acting that way are only a small minority and don’t represent the majority of us who are actually very respectful and courteous to others. I’m sure it goes the same for the other 31 fan bases. It was in bad taste for Beats Electronics to make such an ad.

116. mhyder says: Dec 11, 2013 12:40 AM

What a cheap shot at our fan base. I can’t stand all the hatred. A few loud mouth *** holes ruin it for the rest of us. That certainly doesn’t depict a true 12. I can honestly say I respect the 9ers and have only watched more and been more impressed with them as I’ve paid attention. Doesn’t mean I’m going to root for them, but still. Nothing wrong with having 2 of the best teams in football, it makes for a better game! It’s **cking football not a flame war!

117. sonoco says: Dec 11, 2013 12:41 AM

I’ll just have to learn to live with the Hawks fans anger . . . I don’t know how I’ll cope.

118. sakit3 says: Dec 11, 2013 12:42 AM

Sounds like your typical team message board.

119. phx9erfan says: Dec 11, 2013 12:43 AM

If you have read any of the Seahawks comments on this site you would think this commercial was pretty accurate. But I think they are being a little sensitive, I mean isn’t this the fan base that wants to buy a brick in the new stadium just to piss the 49ers fans off? And paid to have a banner fly over the stadium on Sunday. Can dish it out but can’t take!

120. Eric says: Dec 11, 2013 12:45 AM

At the 2:04 point of the video, it’s pretty clear that the sign being held is a SEA-fense sign, just the letters are filled in.

121. billybone says: Dec 11, 2013 12:47 AM

Maybe they are, but I can still here the 12’s with the headphones on, so they must be doing something right.

Cool video, but dumb for CK to do. You know this is only gonna add bulletin material for the “lunatic” 12th man to use and make it that much louder next time he plays up there. And the last I checked CK is 0-2 @ the CLink.

122. Eric says: Dec 11, 2013 12:47 AM

It’s pretty clear at the 2:04 point of the video that the sign in view is a SEA-fense sign. However, the letters are filled in.

123. bifftannen55 says: Dec 11, 2013 12:48 AM

This is such an insult to the Seahawk fan base. The Seattle fans are way more classless than that commercial.

124. sdcameron says: Dec 11, 2013 12:49 AM

The most offending thing is the price of the headphones

125. forverunclean says: Dec 11, 2013 12:49 AM

Seems like all they’ve been doing lately is whining. Screaming at the top of your lungs during a game to throw off the visiting team is passionate and I respect that. Buying a personalized troll brick at the new Niners stadium and hiring a pilot to fly over candlestick during a game is bordering on lunacy. Hate to break it to you. As for the fan urinating on the Niner’s bus.. I guess it’s fair to say they’re slightly above that.

126. rickyspanish says: Dec 11, 2013 12:52 AM

What a lame commercial.

127. dirtysouthniner says: Dec 11, 2013 12:52 AM

some fans off all teams are lunatics!! I mean flat out crazy! that’s sports

128. dirtysouthniner says: Dec 11, 2013 12:52 AM

of all teams sorry

129. osoviejo says: Dec 11, 2013 12:53 AM

Kaepernick as a self-aggrandizing hero with a hyperbolic, over-the-top narrative.

Never saw that coming.

130. patriotsdefense says: Dec 11, 2013 12:55 AM

I’m sure the TV spot won’t have all the craziness of the 2 and a half minute full feature ad which clearly in took some liberty in its amount of absurd. I don’t see the big issue.

131. riverace19 says: Dec 11, 2013 12:55 AM

Just like the Garnett commercial… Powerful, sends a message, not just about the headphones. If the Seahawks fans weren’t lunatics, why would they be offended by this? Lighten up everyone.

132. tinbender2000 says: Dec 11, 2013 12:56 AM

Passionate yes. Lunatic no. Annoying as hell rebels without a clue, certainly. But at least they don’t have child-fans posting here who are mentally stuck in a video game in their mothers basement. Washington, Vikings, Steelers and Cowboys know this all too well.

133. katoelf75 says: Dec 11, 2013 12:57 AM

Of course Seattle has crazy fans. So does every other team. Randy Moss doesn’t moon the Lambeau crowd unless they did that to his team bus first.

134. blueberrymuffin11 says: Dec 11, 2013 1:00 AM

It’s a good concept, just a little too mean spirited- it’s showing the worst kind of fans, no matter what team they support- you know, like the kind that TP players’ houses, etc. If it were a little more light hearted it would be a cute commercial.

135. Sometimes Interesting says: Dec 11, 2013 1:00 AM

Fan allegiances aside, that’s a horrible commercial.

136. doe22us says: Dec 11, 2013 1:08 AM

The irony in that commercial is that the 49er fans are more apt to act like that, just sayin.

137. branun says: Dec 11, 2013 1:09 AM

I am actually disappointed that this ad took two days to catch Florio’s eye. This offensive, arrogant, and unrealistic ad actually conveys several falsehoods that need to be clarified: 1. The muscleless Kap is not a good QB that Seahawks fans actually worry about – McCown is much more intimidating; 2. Kap believes hs own press releases; I bet he was quite subdued when he actually showed up in an empty Seahawk parking lot before a game prior to filming this bit. 3. Seahawks fans would only get as excited/outraged as depicted if a state correctional bus was dropping off a convict off at a state prison who committed a human injustice – maybe Kap is listening to too many Dre sons or the tats are seeping in so much that he is beginning to play the part of a hated individual who committed a human injustice; and, 4. Finally, the depiction of a hateful self-absorbed set of fans would have gone too far for such classy QBs as Montana, Young, and even Grbac, who has had way better numbers than Kap at this point Bottom line, keep it classy Kap. You owe that to yourself and all fans. Don’t sell a part of yourself at the expese of innocent fans.

138. kidsamoa260 says: Dec 11, 2013 1:09 AM

Seahawks fan, and yeah, that’s about right.

139. branun says: Dec 11, 2013 1:10 AM

I am actually disappointed that this ad took two days to catch Florio’s eye. This offensive, arrogant, and unrealistic ad actually conveys several falsehoods that need to be clarified: The muscleless Kap is not a good QB that Seahawks fans actually worry about – McCown is much more intimidating; Kap believes hs own press releases; I bet he was quite subdued when he actually showed up in an empty Seahawk parking lot before a game prior to filming this bit. Seahawks fans would only get as excited/outraged as depicted if a state correctional bus was dropping off a convict off at a state prison who committed a human injustice – maybe Kap is listening to too many Dre sons or the tats are seeping in so much that he is beginning to play the part of a hated individual who committed a human injustice; and, Finally, the depiction of a hateful self-absorbed set of fans would have gone too far for such classy QBs as Montana, Young, and even Grbac, who has had way better numbers than Kap at this point Bottom line, keep it classy Kap. You owe that to yourself and all fans. Don’t sell a part of yourself at the expese of innocent fans.

140. seattle2013 says: Dec 11, 2013 1:10 AM

Seattle’s pretty laid back. Kaep doesn’t worry me. The only QB that worries me at this point is Brady or maybe Manning. I doubt you could get 15 people to show up early to insult Kaep. He’s irrelevant.

141. alphadux2u says: Dec 11, 2013 1:10 AM

They are lunatics. Where’s the story here?

142. osiris33 says: Dec 11, 2013 1:14 AM

Kapernick is classless and ghetto– just like this commercial.

143. hoboknife614 says: Dec 11, 2013 1:22 AM

I’m more offended that the director thought that Colin is worthy of a reaction like that. Garnett, yeah. But Kaep ain’t Garnett

144. blackfootkiller says: Dec 11, 2013 1:26 AM

It is way out of line.

No one fears Kap coming to Seattle, that’s what makes it as ridiculous as it is.

It’s sad this clown became a ‘Rockstar’, before he became a football star.

Classless all the way around.

And ‘beats’ headphones are over priced junk!

145. rodgohard says: Dec 11, 2013 1:29 AM

As the article stated there was no image or signature of any particular team other than color scheme. Like the Cowboys getting mad because somebody wore blue&white in a video. If you’re mad you’re like Psycho: The name’s Francis Soyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you … Sergeant Hulka: ((Lighten up, Francis)). Anytime you think its more about you than the team, then you know you’ve gone too far. When you rent a plan to fly a fandom banner over an opponents stadium and not the teams, that’s psycho.

146. chefjayson says: Dec 11, 2013 1:31 AM

Lol I’m gonna buy 1 as soon as I can get to the store! Great marketing scheme! While they might have alienated Seattle fans, they just showed fans from the other 31 teams the only way to shut the Seahawk fans up! Lol

147. jags4ever says: Dec 11, 2013 1:33 AM

Wow. was that anti-fillintheblank

148. 49erlifer says: Dec 11, 2013 1:35 AM

40 years of mostly losing records will make your fans a little angry GO NINERS!

149. goldrush4949 says: Dec 11, 2013 1:37 AM

She-hawk fans are a bunch of lunatics.

150. naturalkarma504 says: Dec 11, 2013 1:39 AM

Too Funny!

151. jdubb84 says: Dec 11, 2013 1:40 AM

I’m a big Seattle fan, by God we do not like San Fran but I know there is also way worse then us in the NFL. c’mon man.

152. pathsovglory says: Dec 11, 2013 1:41 AM

Yo Dre, if your product “helps” Kap post his worst career stats as a QB in 2 blowout losses then thanks for letting us know to never buy your product.

153. jegmachine1 says: Dec 11, 2013 1:42 AM

What’s crazy about this is that in Seattle, we are so passive aggressive that we don’t even honk horns at other drivers. Maybe the slightest beep if the driver is not paying attention at a stop light. Raving fans, yes. Abusive, no. Paint whatever picture you want, Colin; however, when your at the club parting after a win, Russel and Co are doing Make-a-Wish charity events. And Dre, I am going to make sure no one I know buys your product.

154. seaeagle707 says: Dec 11, 2013 1:49 AM

We’re the only fan base to whom lime green has any meaning, and it’s raining, a common occurrence in Seattle. John Moffitt peed in public when he was here, so the sight connection is made.

Fortunately the arena in the background bears little resemblance to the Clink, and there is a downtown background in one shot that does appear to be L.A.

But the inference is there and understood. Quite frankly I’m surprised that CK, agreed to be in such an ad. I thought he had more class than that. As for me, there’s one brand of headphones, I definitely won’t be buying.

155. ridgebak says: Dec 11, 2013 1:52 AM

So what’s the problem here? If you read the comments the pedhawk fans post on here, I would say it’s about right.

156. ilovefoolsball says: Dec 11, 2013 1:52 AM

They should’ve at least chosen an NFL city where they won.

I guess those stupid trendy headphones didn’t work that day.

Doesn’t matter. Someone will still buy them even though they can’t afford them just so they can show off. It’s the American way.

157. rxmontanagf says: Dec 11, 2013 1:56 AM

Maybe the 49ers management could send their fans a memo on how to cheer so they could have a commercial too.

158. gearz49 says: Dec 11, 2013 1:59 AM

Oh…the shoe definitely fits……

159. bigguy54 says: Dec 11, 2013 2:00 AM

This commercial was a bit offensive, but more stupid than anything else. I am sure there will be some ignorant fans that will see it and believe this is how Hawk fans act. We have not had shootings, stabbings, or near death beatings in or around our stadium like others have. Go ahead and believe it, you can’t fix stupid.

160. meatcarroll says: Dec 11, 2013 2:10 AM

REMINDER: Kaepernick was slaughtered to the tune of 71-16 both games he stepped into Seattle. He barely completed 50% of his passes, had a single garbage-time TD and 4 (FOUR!) interceptions in 2 straight blowout losses. I’m a Niners fan and Beats are trash but I wouldn’t buy them even if they weren’t due to how obnoxious and idiotic this commercial is.

161. mynameis12 says: Dec 11, 2013 2:20 AM

Nice way to alienate an affluent fanbase, Dr. Dumb!

162. blackandbluedivision says: Dec 11, 2013 2:22 AM

Yea, well they wouldn’t dare show Raiders fans…you know because that could get awkward.

163. nineregg40 says: Dec 11, 2013 2:31 AM

This commercial was ridiculous. Since Seahawks existence up to 4 years ago, you couldn’t give away a hawks ticket. Now they have lunatic fans, gimme a break.
    If your a Cheathawks fan & were born after 2009 or under 15 years old we’ll give you an exception.

GO NINERS!!!!!

164. brend0 says: Dec 11, 2013 2:31 AM

I’m a ‘Hawks fan. Could not care less about this.

165. mrpolarbear99 says: Dec 11, 2013 2:32 AM

It’s a joke. And the fact that we’re talking about Beats By Dre headphones means it’s good advertising.

If it were Wilson wading through lunatic fans wearing red and gold, it would be just as funny.

166. RE LEE says: Dec 11, 2013 2:34 AM

Why offend the fans? Just use a montage of Sherman… His wild and whining noise need canceling.

167. hendeeze says: Dec 11, 2013 2:38 AM

Obviously a roid raging fanbase. That takes after their team.

168. nedhigginssports says: Dec 11, 2013 2:39 AM

They’re all hyped up on adderall

169. mackcarrington says: Dec 11, 2013 2:39 AM

Seahawk fans are upset by THAT??
    Rather sensitive bunch, I’d say.

170. holahey123 says: Dec 11, 2013 2:49 AM

Why aren’t the

171. dontcensormebro says: Dec 11, 2013 2:49 AM

Seahawk fan logic:

Holding receivers = “elite pass defense”

172. kardshark1 says: Dec 11, 2013 2:55 AM

They’ve obviously seen a Seattle game before. Any person that can stand and scream their head off for 3.5 hours in rainy freezing weather, even during timeouts, IS an absolute lunatic. And this is everybody in the stadium, even the noise bleed section. I’d imagine the fans that arrive super early for the visitor’s team bus are even worse. Commercial seems spot on to me.

Going to a game in Seattle for a normal person who likes to sit and watch football must be a nightmare.

173. holahey123 says: Dec 11, 2013 2:58 AM

Why aren’t the Seahawks fans happy to get some free promotion in the commercial? They are known for being loud and annoying in their stadiums. Can’t handle the truth? Truth hurts.

174. zanesmith84 says: Dec 11, 2013 2:59 AM

It may only be a commercial, but no doubt Kaepernick better pack a pair with next time he plays at CenturyLink!

175. piemasteruk says: Dec 11, 2013 3:02 AM

Well I watched it and didn’t really associate the fans with Seattle. The fans are mostly wearing Blue and Yellow and a sort of luminous green. It’s somewhat similar to Seattle, and also St Louis and even San Diego depending on how you look at it.

176. dennisatunity says: Dec 11, 2013 3:05 AM

Hmmm. Let’s see…a man killed at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City on December 1st; in September a fan is stabbed to death in San Francisco after a Dodgers-Giants game; on opening day in 2011 two men in Los Angeles beat Bryan Stow giving him severe brain trauma and he has to be hospitalized for 2 years; a woman leaps from the 3rd level of the Oakland Coliseum; on November 24th a man gets serious head injuries at the Baltimore Ravens game; in May 2011 a fan dies at Coors Stadium with marijuana in his system; on September 8th, a fan dies at San Francisco’s Candlestick Park;

But yeah I’m sure it’s the Seattle fans who are lunatics.

177. rudy6984 says: Dec 11, 2013 3:09 AM

Seattle has never been relevant in any sport, small market; guess this means their 12 fans will not buy Dre beatz?

178. meatcarroll says: Dec 11, 2013 3:15 AM

I’m a Niners fan and I wish Kaepernick would stop being such an immature prat and keep his nose in the playbook like Russell Wilson. Outside of Week One against the Packers, which now appears to be a clear outlier, he’s been uniformly terrible. And most concerning is the fact that Kaep’s far more concerned with being a glamorous celebrity than a good quarterback. At this pace he’ll be out of the league in a few seasons.

179. rationalitybias says: Dec 11, 2013 3:15 AM

Another “great” commercial featuring another “superstar” player.

180. firerogergoodell says: Dec 11, 2013 3:23 AM

First thought: Lol it can’t be THAT bad.

Second thought: WTF did I just watch? I can see why Seahawks fans might be a little upset about this one haha.

181. zillabeast says: Dec 11, 2013 3:28 AM

In reality, Seattle fans are nowhere near as passionate as the people in this video are. They just act tough as long as the flags are going their way.

182. jskelly11 says: Dec 11, 2013 3:30 AM

First of all dude should not be getting any endorsement deals …

183. leftysmoke says: Dec 11, 2013 3:34 AM

30-second clip you see on television is fine, but this is just ridiculous. Throwing coolers at the bus’ windows? Come on.

Tell your company to ease up on the drama, Dre.

184. vbe2 says: Dec 11, 2013 3:38 AM

If they were Eagles fans, would you have posted this complaint?

185. terrys457terrys457 says: Dec 11, 2013 3:43 AM

One of the best Commercials that I have ever seen. Kaep will cash in, and go on to become a great QB. The Commercial paints the SeaChickens as they are. Loud, and obnoxious. The 9ers just proved that they are playoff contenders. Put the playoff games (or any game) on a level playing field, and it will be just that. Equal.
    Go 9ers!

186. lflib69 says: Dec 11, 2013 4:08 AM

I don’t think I can top tennis22drew because he basically said it all….but I do have to say…I can see why the ‘hawks fans believe the commercial points to them….Lunatics LMAO

187. GenXJay says: Dec 11, 2013 5:07 AM

cool commercial. but, what’s with the zombie apocalypse?

188. omeimontis says: Dec 11, 2013 5:11 AM

Kap gets more money from endorsements that from his salary because the NFL labor contract. Good for him to get some extra pocket money. As for the Seahawk fans, they are indeed guilty as charged. They are looney tuney.

189. ayleswbj says: Dec 11, 2013 5:16 AM

This is what 37 years of serial losing will do to a franchise. Why does everything in the Pacific Northwest have to be “Serial”? Serial Killers, serial Rapists and Seahawks Favorite( Jeremy Stevens) Serial losing for almost 40 years. Great Commercial!

One of the only teams to win a division under .500, the catch that wasnt a catch and almost 40 years of forgettable history. Great representation of the fanbase.

190. ravensruleandharbaughisgod says: Dec 11, 2013 5:17 AM

Having been to Seattle for a playoff game I can tell you that such behavior does not occur in that fine City. I understand poetic license…but really?!

191. joetoronto says: Dec 11, 2013 5:20 AM

They definitely have the worst case of small pecker syndrome I’ve ever seen.

By far too.

192. ken14andersonforhof says: Dec 11, 2013 5:21 AM

if the commercial was in black and white, it could represent just about any NFL city that has PLAY OFF FEVER………..WHO DEY!!!

193. goldrush94 says: Dec 11, 2013 5:36 AM

when you act like you’ve won the last 5 superbowls, this comes with the territory.

194. winorlose6burgh says: Dec 11, 2013 5:50 AM

Really this is dumbest commercial ever!man up and put real fan footage on there,for an angry mob no one punched him in the face!

195. omniscient48 says: Dec 11, 2013 5:51 AM

Not a fan of either team, and I thought the ad was pretty cool. They could also do one with Russell Wilson doing the same thing. I have no problem whatsoever with this.

196. strongmackn says: Dec 11, 2013 6:00 AM

Someone tell dre or kaep they wont get shot in Seattle like some some other places.

We may be loud and crazy, but we arent evil like that… pissin on a bus and all.

197. torturedraiderfan says: Dec 11, 2013 6:21 AM

Yeah………so unfair, like no one ever paints Raider fans as lunatics. Let a life.

198. golfnutt67 says: Dec 11, 2013 6:42 AM

Roid rage……..even for the fans

199. sakatak says: Dec 11, 2013 7:22 AM

Awesome ad, makes me want to buy some.

200. ryanrockzzz says: Dec 11, 2013 7:30 AM

But if it were a commercial with Philly fans, I’m sure it would be okay right?

201. mfinsrule says: Dec 11, 2013 7:33 AM

Awesome commercial. As a Fins fan I would love for our fan base to be depicted like this. Instead the visiting teams treat coming to Miami as a vacation. Embrace the Lunacy Seattle! And was that the space needle in the background? lol

202. burgundyandgold says: Dec 11, 2013 7:48 AM

Let’s be honest here. Seahawk fans really know very little about football – at least American football. They are Seattle Sounders fans who like to come to the stadium and jump up and down, blow on horns and sing silly songs. I have been to the stadium and the knowledge of football is really limited. They like to yell Beast and throw skittles on the field and make noise. They are pretty harmless. But, they are a fan base that has a long way to go maturity wise. Not their fault, they have had a terrible football team for decades which allowed soccer to take over. This commercial would have been better if it were RGIII, Romo or Manning going into Philly instead. Those Seahawk fans would not be so violent – they would just sing and blow on horns.

203. exboomer says: Dec 11, 2013 7:49 AM

If I was a Seattle fan I’d be mad about this ad as well. That ad is over the top and I would be very leary of showing it on network TV if I was in charge.

204. ptdennis says: Dec 11, 2013 7:55 AM

I guess Seattle fans have not heard of dvr technology.

205. ialwayswantedtobeabanker says: Dec 11, 2013 7:55 AM

If they made this commercial portraying Seahawk fans like the nerds, squids and dweebs that I’ve seen over the years, it wouldn’t make for a very compelling commercial.

206. kowallazy says: Dec 11, 2013 7:58 AM

Seahawks fans want to be known as the loudest fans in sports, but don’t want to be characterized as the kind of people you’d need noise cancelling headphones for? You can’t have it both ways, gents.

207. ccsteele305 says: Dec 11, 2013 7:59 AM

yup thats the shehawks….. its so realistic that there is one stupid enough to hold the sign upside down…..

208. legeisyaj says: Dec 11, 2013 8:11 AM

It’s a great ad.

209. imaglaser says: Dec 11, 2013 8:14 AM

I have been to every stadium in NFL except Dallas. Seattle fans were some of the worst and most obnoxious fans I encountered. Probably second only to Oakland. If you don’t like how you are perceived, then change it by your actions.

210. offthelows says: Dec 11, 2013 8:16 AM

from a marketing standpoint, it’s probably a better idea to use neutral colors for the fans… Plus, if the first two games he’s had in Seattle are the gauge, then fans should roll out a red carpet. I thought the Kaepernick critics though were primary on his twitter feed

211. hoppylegs says: Dec 11, 2013 8:17 AM

That commercial is nearly three minutes long. What an exercise in narcissism! Ugh.

212. aclarke49 says: Dec 11, 2013 8:29 AM

That’s right I forgot. Seahawks fans are perfectly well behaved and never incite negative reactions or disrespect their opponents like; flying the “12th Man” flag over their opponent’s stadium, or buying a brick (meant for fans) at their opponent’s new stadium, or spitting on opponent’s fans at their home games (That’s a personal experience.) Yeah, that commercial is definitely reason to be offended….

213. randyschwimmer7 says: Dec 11, 2013 8:32 AM

The headphones are awesome. I have a pair. But I do think it is excessive. Not a fan of the Seahawks or 9ers, but I think that any fan base would be a little upset if they were portrayed like this.

214. george1859 says: Dec 11, 2013 8:34 AM

I imagine living up in that wet swamp hole can make a person a little crazy after a while.
    Seriously, I think the Hawks will get the last laugh this year.

215. awawego says: Dec 11, 2013 8:39 AM

Big deal.

216. 15starr says: Dec 11, 2013 8:43 AM

This should be interesting

217. bucrightoff says: Dec 11, 2013 8:44 AM

Of course Kaepernick has a deal with Beats Headphones. An overrated, mediocre QB selling overrated, mediocre headphones.

218. walkinginthewasteland says: Dec 11, 2013 8:45 AM

I have thought of the Seahawk fanbase as lunatics. More like a bunch of whining or crying babies. That’s the behavior post XL that comes to mind. If they wanted a more accurate portrayal, they could of had Kap walk past a hospital nursery.

219. cowboysaretheworst says: Dec 11, 2013 8:58 AM

Kaepernick does kinda suck.

220. pabrownsfan says: Dec 11, 2013 8:58 AM

I thought it was funny. Its just a commercial. Every one needs to stop being so P.C.

221. ayleswbj says: Dec 11, 2013 9:12 AM

Oh guess who was wearing BEATS BY DRE on Sunday before the Game! YOur own Russel Wilson! Is this a Kaepernick wearing a Miami hat all over!! Russel supports the commercial that makes his fans look like the raiders black hole is a little girls tea party!

222. cuda1234 says: Dec 11, 2013 9:15 AM

Not surprised that’s Kap’s theme song. Probably Griffin’s and Tebow’s too. Its all about MEEEEEE!

223. taosravenfan says: Dec 11, 2013 9:15 AM

I guess the company has no plans to sell headphones in Washington state. Song was nice but the commercial was way over the top

224. shutdaup says: Dec 11, 2013 9:20 AM

Did anyone see Richard Sherman commercials. Lol. He def should not open his mouth.

225. wishingtonredslur says: Dec 11, 2013 9:20 AM

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and urinates on a bus like a duck. In the Wilson version the fans shoot and stab each other.

226. beastmode5150 says: Dec 11, 2013 9:29 AM

So some of you think this commercial is real life? lol!

227. beastmode5150 says: Dec 11, 2013 9:39 AM

Overall message? This is totally wrong, hawks fans LOVE when Kapernick plays, and we would be super polite to him so he keeps playing. Thanks for being you Colin!

228. adderal says: Dec 11, 2013 9:52 AM

My only issue with this is those headphones wound up on my daughters xmas list. 150 for headphones? To listen to that crappy music kids listen to today? Other then that there making millions off those things so good luck with a boycott.

229. kgbdk says: Dec 11, 2013 9:57 AM

Not sure about Beats, but the company that engineered the original Beats is Monster, a San Francisco company. So I wouldn’t be surprised if they antagonized Seattle fans a bit. Similarly, Xbox One ads showed Marshawn Lynch running over the 49ers in Madden, with Microsoft being in Redmond, near Seattle. That’s also not a surprise as I’m sure there are some Seahawks fans at Microsoft.

230. saintsfan87 says: Dec 11, 2013 10:00 AM

Worst fan base in all of the NFL. Just classless. As witnessed by my own eyes and ears in 2007 and they weren’t even good back then. I’m sure the commercial barely does them justice. They have a right to be angry for not depicting them accurately. I didn’t even see any bottles smashed over opposing fans’ heads in it.

231. snaxdsp says: Dec 11, 2013 10:02 AM

That about sums up Seattle fans

232. trollhammer20 says: Dec 11, 2013 10:16 AM

kgbdk says:
    Dec 11, 2013 9:57 AM

____________________________

Ah, that explains it. The same company that used to sell $2 worth of cable for $99.99 is now selling $10 worth of plastic and electronics for $200-300, but people will by because it’s got a brand-name on it.

Colin’s horror is Seattle isn’t a mob-scene, though. It’s more like the end of Blair Witch Project. Go stand in the corner, young man, we’ll deal with you later.

233. dahmergeinteam says: Dec 11, 2013 10:16 AM

I like the commercial, but nobody does lunacy like us Wiscovites. It’d be curtains for him here.

234. weallweneed says: Dec 11, 2013 10:19 AM

This commercial is terrible for these reasons, period:

1. Seattle fans are passionate but NOT violent. Trust me I grew up in this place, we are a bunch of liberal hippie pacifists.

2. It really does not monsoon in Seattle. I hate it when people portray Seattle as all doom and gloom when in reality most rainy days all you’ll get is some drizzle.

3. Even if it WAS monsooning people in Seattle would still not use umbrellas.

There’s so many more accurate and tasteful ways that this commercial could have been made. I won’t be dramatic enough to say that this will keep me from buying a certain brand of headphones. I’m more concerned that apparently so many people believe our fanbase is this really like this.

Luckily negativity has always brought us up rather than down. We’ll keep on trucking. We all we got we all we need. #GoHawks

235. uberMensch() says: Dec 11, 2013 10:54 AM

Noise cancellation is a technology first developed by Bose Audio. “‘Dre” is just stealing someone else’s technology and putting his name on it.

236. seahawksteven777 says: Dec 11, 2013 10:56 AM

Once again, people want to attack the fans of Seattle because they can’t stand to see the Seahawks have success. All the haters try to use all kinds of excuses to try to downplay the Seahawks success.

They “cheat” because a few guys on the team got busted for weed and Adderall. It automatically means the whole team cheats because a few got busted taking illegal substances. Btw, weed isn’t “performance enhancing.”

Then people try to say the Seahawks are just a fluke team or they are haven’t played anyone. Really? They’ve beaten the Panthers, Saints, 49ers, and Cardinals this year. They’ve beaten the Patriots, 49ers, Bears, a playoff Vikings team, and the Packers. (Game could’ve went either way with the bad calls throughout.) You don’t go 22-7 in the past few years and get “lucky.” Also, the Seahawks haven’t lost by more than 7 since 2011. Again, that doesn’t just happen from being a “fluke” team. The Seahawks are an elite team whether the haters want to believe it or not.

Furthermore, I’ve been a Seahawks fan since 2001 so for those that say most Seahawks fans are bandwagon fans, that’s not true at all. Besides, the Seahawks have 85 CONSECUTIVE SELLOUTS. Yeah, the fans are totally bandwagon fans…

237. osoviejo says: Dec 11, 2013 10:56 AM

What’s really funny about this is the notion that Seahawk fans would do anything but roll out the red carpet for Kaepernick in Seattle.

You know, same as we’d do for anyone we crush by four touchdowns every time they show up.

Beats by Dre? Giving credit to the wrong outfit.

238. dsoapes says: Dec 11, 2013 11:04 AM

Brilliantly marketed, low value headphones, mostly sold to teen-agers and college students. Comped to every athlete you see using them. I’m a Seahawk fan, but it is an effective commercial

239. Steeler's Didn't-but-Will-eventually says: Dec 11, 2013 11:13 AM

The price tag is what will stop me from buying them, not the portrayal of a football teams fans. Even if it was my team.

240. rcali says: Dec 11, 2013 11:14 AM

Looks like Charger colors to me. I think Seahawk fan needs to relax.

241. bifftannen55 says: Dec 11, 2013 11:24 AM

As long as Pete is the head coach in Seattle, the Seahawks will always be known as cheaters. He coaches them to hold/grab other teams receivers. And look at that last pass by Wilson against the Niners on Sunday. He told his WR to flop and hope for a flag to get in field goal range. What a dirty coach.

242. ratsfoiledagain says: Dec 11, 2013 11:43 AM

nevd83 says:
    Dec 10, 2013 11:32 PM

**********
    Yet San Fran did the same thing with their police officers this past weekend.

Denver, and other cities, do it as well. It’ s not endemic to Seattle.

Ignorance is for those without facts.

243. ratsfoiledagain says: Dec 11, 2013 11:59 AM

umphreysrules says:
    Dec 10, 2013 11:17 PM

Keep the video going…increase the hate. It only serves to motivate the Hawks.

GO HAWKS!
    *******
    No, it doesn’t motivate them.

244. kevjones75 says: Dec 11, 2013 12:15 PM

Seattle’s shtick is pretty tired. That stadium they play in is cheezeball central. No real history or tradition there. Warm weather team.

245. kevjones75 says: Dec 11, 2013 12:21 PM

Why didn’t they support the Thunder…er..Supersonics when they were there. You know that town loves a frontrunner. I think the guy bragging about 85 sellouts is hilarious.

246. its12oclock says: Dec 11, 2013 12:24 PM

It would be one think if kaepernick could perform in seattle, but he cant. Check the stats. How embarrassing for him.

247. rudy6984 says: Dec 11, 2013 12:32 PM

I actually knew the 12th fan in the 90s, seriously!, Seattle is a small market, same commercial with K Garnett, NY fans dont overreact like seahawks fan base, not used to winning.

248. thehighhat says: Dec 11, 2013 12:41 PM

Seattle fans wouldn’t buy Beats anyways since they don’t come in Snot Green.

249. Frazier28/7 says: Dec 11, 2013 1:22 PM

They are lunatics, look at the stands during the next game. So what? Thats the fun of football. The commercial wasn’t well done however, and that song is just annoying and pompus. They should’ve used Rodgers for the spot, he’s just as arrogant as their fans.

250. djstangcougar says: Dec 11, 2013 1:35 PM

I think I saw a 49er stabbing someone in the background of the vid. Seriously people, Hawks fans love Kaep to come to town. That’s an automatic win, matter of fact I feel a bit sorry for him. But hey, at least he gets a commercial out of it.

251. thesportgenius says: Dec 11, 2013 1:42 PM

Why are Seahawk fans getting all butt hurt over a commercial? Take some pride the 12th Man was selected to represent NFL Fanatics!

252. florioisterrible says: Dec 11, 2013 2:00 PM

This commercial is funny because Kaepernick is actually quite terrible at remaining composed in any adverse OR emotionally charged situation.

253. aroomadazda says: Dec 11, 2013 2:04 PM

Whatever. The Seahawks fans are protesting too much. Take it as a compliment.

254. All-American Voltron says: Dec 11, 2013 3:03 PM

I think it makes Seattle fans look more than just lunatics, they look like unstable violent fans ready to explode any second. The commercial wasn’t funny it was almost scary and a little disturbing.

If you want to rip on fans, I prefer the “good ol’ Michael Strahan” type commercials.

255. coolherc says: Dec 11, 2013 3:21 PM

He should try wearing these under his helmet during a game there sometime… might actually help his team to stay in a game and be competitive one day.

256. usdcoyotesfan says: Dec 11, 2013 3:36 PM

After further review, the 6th baseman only had 4 feet down outside the water hazard when he caught the puck. That’s a 48-yard penalty on Usain Bolt. Manchester United will receive the quaffle (in reference to a sport in Harry Potter) at the winner’s circle. Still 8th down and 2,937 laps to go.

257. usdcoyotesfan says: Dec 11, 2013 3:37 PM

^9/24/12 worst call ever.

258. wstover says: Dec 11, 2013 3:39 PM

It’s an advertisement. Nothing is ever true in advertising. They are simply trying to sell a product.

259. ratsfoiledagain says: Dec 11, 2013 4:07 PM

As a Seattle fan….I don’t care. Make all the commercials you want.

Every team has their super crazy, over the top loonie.

260. jdfrox says: Dec 11, 2013 4:11 PM

I am not a Seahawks or 9ers fan. Anyone offended by this commercial needs to put some headphones on and tune it out. Truth is, I like the commercial. I don’t look at it as portraying fans as crazy, but as a supreme athlete tuning out distractions and focusing internally. The song, I’m the man, highlights this point. Regardless of what others are saying, he tunes everything out and still thinks he is the man. I love the mental side of sports and think it has a lot to do with what separates the greats from the rest of us.

As for this protrary of Seahawk fans, it has nothing to do with them as a fan base. They just picked his biggest rival as that would be the group that most likely dislikes him the most. If the commercial were Ray Rice or Joe Flacco, it would be the Steelers. If Big Ben, it would be the Ravens.

261. pnwl4a says: Dec 11, 2013 4:38 PM

seahawksteven777 says:
    Dec 11, 2013 10:56 AM

—————————————–

Damn straight !…..

262. cruiseon says: Dec 12, 2013 12:46 AM

This commercial is a lie from from more than one angle. It tries to portray Kapernick as Mr. Cool under pressure and he’s been anything but that. Not to say that won’t change with experience, but if you’ve watched his eyes and actions in pressure games, he’s one scared, confused dude.

As far as violent fans, all you have to do is google “viol ence at Candlestick Park”, and you’ll learn that there are no fans more violent than there are in S.F.

Pretty obvious that the media has a “thing” for S.F.

263. tap79 says: Dec 12, 2013 10:31 AM

The problem is Kaepernick is most certainly not “the Man”

264. pw1265 says: Dec 12, 2013 2:20 PM

Kap is overrated and seahawks suck…best of both worlds

265. midtec2005 says: Dec 12, 2013 3:00 PM

I wish my teams fans were like Seattle fans. They are passionate… they still aren’t as crazy as they are for Seattle Sounders games.

266. purpleforroyaltygreenandgoldforbugars says: Dec 12, 2013 3:44 PM

Well the commercial got the weather right for sure!

267. johnnietaylor3 says: Dec 12, 2013 4:56 PM

Seriously? It’s a commercial series. It’s not about the 49ers or Seahawks any more than the other commercial was about the Nets or Knicks. It’s about reprersenting noisy situations. And since they got well known sports figures, they had to represent their known rivals. That’s it. That’s all.

To assert anything more or to catch feelings over it means you have no real life and need to get off the internet during the day and do more work. The message was about blocking the noise and perhaps coaxing you to spend $200 to do it. Too much thought and comment over a simple concept.

268. blazenhawks says: Dec 12, 2013 6:14 PM

wow there are lot of people talking about this………. Wait a gosh darn Minute… I see what you did there Beats Well Played…

269. razzlejag says: Dec 13, 2013 4:43 AM

1. What a great ad. It certainly got its message across.

2. It’s one of the sorriest things I’ve ever viewed, especially in light of the stabbings following the Denver game last night.

This young man should be admired for the superb player he is, not reviled, sworn at and threatened. I realize it’s Hollywood but OTOH, it rings of truth. Terrible.

270. lennydpocketqb says: Dec 13, 2013 8:24 AM

I’m a little late to this post bit this might be the best commercial ever. The only real mistake is that instead of throwing bananas, they should of had coffee being hurled at the bus. Other than that, I was convinced those were Seahawks fans who discover football in 2012.

271. natepalmer1 says: Dec 13, 2013 12:36 PM

This is why San Fran is referred to as the 40whiners…And the NFC West? Seattle has owned this division for 10 years…Little Frankie Gore better start thinking about Arizona and the Panthers and forget about Seattle…As for Kaeperdink? He’ll get traded to St. Louis next year, 1 and done as they say…

272. chawk12thman says: Dec 13, 2013 12:46 PM

Just relax Hawk Fans……..The follow up commercial will be the Niner Fans doing the same thing to Kap after this and next years’ failed season.

273. thefox61 says: Dec 13, 2013 4:23 PM

beats are a cheaply made, over-priced item that an over-rated, ego inflated NOBODY sells.
    I have never, nor will I ever buy ANYTHING this no talent wannabe is associated with.

274. hendeeze says: Dec 13, 2013 11:42 PM

Quite the dichotomy Seahawks fan base represents. One that is so arrogant and self congratulating while being so sensitive at the same time. They shout about breaking crowd noise records, and gush about being the rowdy noise making 12th man. Then complain when they are portrayed that way…

275. strongmackn says: Dec 14, 2013 3:14 AM

Usually fans are cheering kaep when he leaves seattle cuz he usually underperforms here.

Funny thing is, I already forgot about dre since his little minion eminem revived his career as a producer. I guess he still is up to nothing special.

276. jimeejohnson says: Dec 14, 2013 1:46 PM

“…suckers buying cheap ass overpriced headphones just for a name.”

At Wal-Mart.

277. nytitancl says: Dec 14, 2013 7:39 PM

How dare they portray Seattle as a rainy city!… Oh… wait… Get over it, it’s just a commercial. People get passionate about their teams and Seattle is no different.

278. nagaswan says: Dec 15, 2013 2:48 PM

Plenty of fanbases would take that as a badge of honor.

279. smillr58 says: Dec 15, 2013 9:56 PM

Just look at their soccer fans, and the program… Hooligans

280. direland says: Dec 16, 2013 8:33 AM

They should have been dressed in purple and yellow. Would have been more believable.

281. seattlesue427 says: Dec 16, 2013 9:31 PM

I’ve been a Seahawks fan for decades…through the good times and the bad. Are we Hawk’s fans passionate enough to try and set a noise record and hire a plane to fly over an opponents stadium? Heck, yes! Violent enough to attack an opposing player or throw a cooler at his bus? Not hardly! Rude enough to urinate on the bus and scream obscenities at Kappy? No…just NO! Being portrayed as passionate would be fine. Being portrayed as a bunch of lunatics is an entirely different story.

282. BigAlHeBDMan says: Dec 17, 2013 9:43 AM

Well they are, and they and everyone else knows it.

283. gostlcards5 says: Dec 17, 2013 1:25 PM

First of all:

jags4ever says: Dec 10, 2013 11:20 PM

Lighten up Francis………

— Dude, you get extra bonus points for using that line.
    ————————————————————————————

Seriously, people, it’s a PARODY commercial. I think it’s funny, and I would think it was funny about any fan base (including any of mine).

Seattle fans that are pissed, get over yourselves. This commercial would be the same sort of funny if it was Russell Wilson walking through a sea of red.