McCluster, Albert don’t practice for the Chiefs

02fff691a6e50f615b72f7da7f44a6c7-1 AP

The Chiefs have gotten some positive news on the injury front about linebacker Justin Houston and tight end Anthony Fasano this week, but a new name popped up on the injury report on Thursday.

Punt return ace Dexter McCluster did not practice because of an ankle injury. McCluster was not on the injury report at all on Wednesday, indicating a new injury that may be tough for him to battle through at this point in the week.

McCluster has been a big factor on special teams for the Chiefs this season, returning two punts for touchdowns and an average of 11.7 yards per return. He’s also caught 46 passes for 438 yards and a touchdown, so they’d also have a role to fill on offense as well.

The same could hold at left tackle. Branden Albert missed practice for the second straight day with the knee injury that kept him out of last week’s game. The better news in Kansas City is that Houston and Fasano were both limited for the second day in a row. Houston has missed two games after dislocating his elbow while Fasano missed last week’s victory with a concussion.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill
6 Responses to “McCluster, Albert don’t practice for the Chiefs”
  1. raiderapologist says: Dec 12, 2013 8:23 PM

It shouldn’t matter much this weekend.

2. mizzousooner says: Dec 12, 2013 8:57 PM

I’m not surprised Albert isn’t ready. But I’ve heard nothing before this about McCluster.

We need little dude back there returning punts, so I hope the ankle is a minor deal.

3. jjackwagon says: Dec 12, 2013 10:07 PM

RA, I wish I could say you are wrong. I like this rivalry better when both these teams are good.

4. slick50ks says: Dec 13, 2013 12:24 AM

Thankfully we’re playing the minor league faiders sunday.

5. joetoronto says: Dec 13, 2013 4:20 AM

The Raiders will hand them a few more injuries during this game.

6. dougydougdoug says: Dec 13, 2013 3:01 PM

raiderapologist:

While the Raiders are once again, irrelevant in December, this game really DOES matter. Raiders-Chiefs are one of the most important (yet under-appreciated) rivalries in all of sports. Reflective of the bitter off the field rivalry between Al Davis and Lamar Hunt, there will always be a strong tie between the two franchises.

I’m hoping for a good game, and I would bet that it will be.