Raiders place Tyvon Branch on injured reserve

Denver Broncos v Oakland Raiders Getty Images

The Raiders have placed safety Tyvon Branch on injured reserve, ending his season.

Branch, 27, suffered a broken leg in Oakland’s Week Two win vs. Jacksonville and has not played since. He’s recorded more than 100 tackles in three different seasons since joining the Raiders out of Connecticut in 2008.

To take Branch’s roster spot, the Raiders promoted defensive tackle Ricky Lumpkin from their practice squad. A Kentucky product, the 25-year-old Lumpkin had been on the Raiders’ practice squad since Nov. 20.

Lumpkin is being added to the Raiders’ roster almost a year to the day that he appeared in his first NFL regular-season game as a member of the Cardinals. He entered the NFL with Arizona in 2011.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill
10 Responses to “Raiders place Tyvon Branch on injured reserve”
  1. humb0lt says: Dec 14, 2013 5:16 PM

Bad team made worse.

2. raiderapologist says: Dec 14, 2013 5:27 PM

humb0lt says: Dec 14, 2013 5:16 PM

Bad team made worse.
    ———–
    He hasn’t played since week two. You aren’t real bright.

3. badmoonrison says: Dec 14, 2013 5:41 PM

I hope he doesnt pull a McFadden and start getting injured every single year. He’s a good player for us.

4. gquesen says: Dec 14, 2013 5:48 PM

Raiderapologist, I have been a Raider apologist since 97 (over half of my life.) You can’t possibly believe our Raiders are better without Branch. Doss has played alright, but let’s be realistic. The raiders aren’t going to be good for another 5 years minimum. It hurts to admit that.

5. andyr2120 says: Dec 14, 2013 6:36 PM

I don’t think he meant the team is better without Branch, he was trying to say that he has been injured for almost the whole season already. So why did they wait this long? I guess there was a chance he would be back.

Just beat KC and the season is better than most people expected. This is a winnable game.

6. mullman76 says: Dec 14, 2013 6:50 PM

Disappointing.

Good to know that the Raiders still inspire charger trolls to take time out of their day to spew nonsense. Well done simpletons.

Go RAIDERS

7. gquesen says: Dec 14, 2013 7:54 PM

Will say my Raiders look better than I anticipated. I was bracing for 1-15, 2-12 kinda bad. Sorry raiderapologist, didn’t mean to take your comment out of context. My bad if I did.

8. rayguyreturns says: Dec 14, 2013 8:00 PM

No sense taking chances with TB’s health. This year isn’t worth it. NEXT year is hopefully a different story. And TB will be ready.

9. Ferdinand says: Dec 14, 2013 8:47 PM

Why are they just putting him on IR now? They knew when he broke it it would be very late in the season before he ‘might be’ healed enough to resume activities – but those activities would be rehab – regaining strength and range of movement and the like. Did they think it would magically be there once the cast was removed?

10. robgilman says: Dec 14, 2013 9:57 PM

McGloin will sweep the remaining 3 division games and ride us into 2014.

Chargers season ends next Sunday.